Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: First Barcelona Test 21st-24th Feb 2012 - news and pics

Noticed also at 2:12 in the video that the red bull is not so unbelieveabe stable like some people are praying all the time.

I see Andrew Benson (BBC) has been writing garbage on Twitter again this evening...

For what it's worth, I've been number crunching again. Red Bull appeared to have best part of a second on McLaren today
    Absolute rubbish. How does he know fuel loads, or degradation levels? BBC aren't even at the test.

to be honest, i try to think that the RedBull has at least 5 tenths on any time they set in testing. just my musing though. not concrete.

general consensus is that ferrari have been improving just like they said they would be.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Hamashima at work:

Hey CrucialXtreme,you comment on Autosport forum that "Ferrari will stay in Barcelona & have filming day after the testing session. "Could you tell us where do you know please or source?

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    I see Andrew Benson (BBC) has been writing garbage on Twitter again this evening...

Absolute rubbish. How does he know fuel loads, or degradation levels? BBC aren't even at the test.
    Hamilton also said he used old tyres for all his stints in his race simulation while red bull used new tyre beginning from the 2. stint.

Alonso said he would prefer a fast and unreliable car to areliable slow car when he asked about the comparison of the F2012 with the F150

Keep faith guys we ar not in a bad pssition we will see and show the others in melbourne where we are.

Alonso smiling at the press conference:

The sleeping beast will wake up in melbourne and eat the red cows:

Last edited by OSS EL BOSS; 22nd February 2012 at 19:25.

Quote Originally Posted by OSS EL BOSS View Post
    Hamilton also said he used old tyres for all his stints in his race simulation while red bull used new tyre beginning from the 2. stint.
    Lewser Ramilton is full of we both know what...LOL

I just watched the Flying Lap w/Peter Windsor..very good program, 1st time Ive seen it..
    They mentioned that Ferrari will indeed do 2 filming days following this test, and that Ferrari has flown in
    the teams wives/girlfriends, as they will not be back to Maranello until after Malaysia.

Peter and Scarbs F1 did the show, they talked mostly about RB, Ferrari n Mac, plus a few others. They had drawings and foto's
    of the exhausts, front wings especially Mercs, sidepods, etc..Very informative and intelligent program with no favoritism in any way.

They did bring up a point Ive been wondering about, n thats the slot on the RB nose slot, def a channel for air, but to where..Newey said its "primarily"
    for cooling, but they all say that. Theres a few places to see flying lap, I caught it on speed.com, it will reair until the new program streams.

Allright,thanks a lot Nova

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    I just watched the Flying Lap w/Peter Windsor..very good program, 1st time Ive seen it..
    They mentioned that Ferrari will indeed do 2 filming days following this test, and that Ferrari has flown in
    the teams wives/girlfriends, as they will not be back to Maranello until after Malaysia.

Peter and Scarbs F1 did the show, they talked mostly about RB, Ferrari n Mac, plus a few others. They had drawings and foto's
    of the exhausts, front wings especially Mercs, sidepods, etc..Very informative and intelligent program with no favoritism in any way.

They did bring up a point Ive been wondering about, n thats the slot on the RB nose slot, def a channel for air, but to where..Newey said its "primarily"
    for cooling, but they all say that. Theres a few places to see flying lap, I caught it on speed.com, it will reair until the new program streams.

do you have the LINK??

thx

Twitter:

After testing models of Barcelona, Ferrari will stay in Montmelo to shoot the 'Filming Day' which is pending.

From the look that i have had at the data available i think the ferrari lacks df and is struggling with tyre deg at the moment... Unless they are 2 seconds a lap quicker than others they are running relatively low (not empty but not anywhere near what other top teams appear to be running) fuel and the laptime drop is fairly bad... maybe this is down to the pullrod front end and not getting it in the right zone for now and therefore becoming front end limited... we will only know Q3 aus...

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    do you have the LINK??

thx
    I was actually just cruising Speedtv.com as he still works for Speed and found it..or try

http://smibs.tv/the-flying-lap

Its the latest episode that aired today, episodes are numbered.

I have a good feeling about he F2012, don't know why but we have not seen what that baby is really capable of!

I believe in her but she's just a baby girl trying to make her first steps !

"I cannot judge what he did in his time at Renault and McLaren but I have worked with World Champions Schumacher, Villeneuve and Raikkonen and Fernando is the one who impresses me the most," said Gene.

Ma come? Force India and Sauber are faster than Ferrari????

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post

now he says ferrari are near RB!. think we should take both comments with a pinch of slat, along with everything else.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Quote Originally Posted by zuludemon View Post
    From the look that i have had at the data available i think the ferrari lacks df and is struggling with tyre deg at the moment... Unless they are 2 seconds a lap quicker than others they are running relatively low (not empty but not anywhere near what other top teams appear to be running) fuel and the laptime drop is fairly bad... maybe this is down to the pullrod front end and not getting it in the right zone for now and therefore becoming front end limited... we will only know Q3 aus...
    wich data????seriously just stop....
    Veni Vidi Vici e Vici Vici Vici.... Ferrari F2012 WDC WCC Champion

Quote Originally Posted by MarlboroFA View Post
    wich data????seriously just stop....
    Laptime data over the stints....

Im not saying its 100% doom and gloom cos i dont know.. i can only summize based upon what i see it could be completely wrong

Quote Originally Posted by zuludemon View Post
    Laptime data over the stints....

Im not saying its 100% doom and gloom cos i dont know.. i can only summize based upon what i see it could be completely wrong
    What was Ferrari's fuel load during these stints?

Quote Originally Posted by Atrani View Post
    Ma come? Force India and Sauber are faster than Ferrari????
    Non e vero

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

That body work is either shrinkwrapped or melted under the heat....sidepod inlets are much smaller this year...

Quote Originally Posted by meh123 View Post

That body work is either shrinkwrapped or melted under the heat....sidepod inlets are much smaller this year...

The 1st, I'd say

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Ho paura e vero. Guardano i tempi.

Just beautiful...well we are not running a higher rake. and the front wing looks higher...??

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    The 1st, I'd say
    That part is removable so it's development part. You can't read too much out of flow vis without Uv light but you can see what they wanted to do with the air fow over the side pods. Usually they spray flow vis at top of sidepods so they can see if the air flow stays attached to the sidepods. You can see the small dots of flow vis all the way from the fornt to the end of the sidepods. The air flow is collected at the end of chanell in the exhaust area and it's pointing simetric with the exhaust flow which is in fact redirected using the body work because regs do not allow to point the exhaust pipe so low. Than the exhaust plume speeds this air flow from sidepods. From this picture we can see that flow is directed through brake fins by outside rear wing pylons to the side top of diffuser. The principle is the same as last year to try seal the air under the diffiusor proventing the dirty air from the tyre ruining the flow under the diffuser. The other good thing is that this allows higher rearend which allow us to run more rake. How effective is this sloution only Ferrari knows from data. To find out how much influence this has they need to run different exhaust positions to make comparisson. They are also testing alternative solutions. Furthermore you can see that on wing plyons the flow vis is pointed upwards what indicates that the top of beam wing and the airofil shaped pylons air doing their job. Even at diffuser the flow stays attached and it's pointing upwards. The outside part of rear wing pylons are without markings what is good indication that most of the air from where flow vis was applied stays attached to the flow along side pods and does not split at some point.

This flow vis test is mainly used to compare the CFD simulation with track simulation.
    Last edited by Forza 27; 22nd February 2012 at 23:38.

i still think that Ferrari/Alonso may be hiding a couple of ACES up their sleeves; there is NO WAY our F2012 is that much off pace....i REFUSE to believe that

what if on last day of testing Ferrari will pull a fast one on both Red Fools and McMowers, just like they did in 2004 with their F2004 machine when everyone thought Ferrari were all doomed....see this LINK and hopefully we'll be doing this OVER AGAIN:

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/4...es-lap-record/
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

that looks like heat warpage
    we're number one

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari4life View Post
    no it isn't, it was there from day ONE, at the launch too

Attachment 4587
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari4life View Post
    those were the suspension mounting... same as rivals car ya.

Forza Ferrari

Come on Massa

Isaac Ang