Thread: First Barcelona Test 21st-24th Feb 2012 - news and pics

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    Webber race sim: avg 1:28.5
    Schumi race sim: avg 1:29.4
    Mean anything?
    Not really cause you dont know is they used old or new tyres on their stints. Only the first stint of both is compareable cause they started both on soft with the same fuel load. And you can see red bull is qucker and more consistent that means they have more downforce than mercedes.

anyone heard if the MAFIA has made its decision on the Renault and Mercedes engines??

BadgerGP.com @BadgerGP

WOAH! Breaking News (as far as we know) is that Red Bull will not be testing tomorrow in Barcelona. #F1

@SkySportsF1
    Mark Webber: 'We need to improve the car for Melbourne, no question.'

Quote Originally Posted by medeni73 View Post
    BadgerGP.com @BadgerGP

WOAH! Breaking News (as far as we know) is that Red Bull will not be testing tomorrow in Barcelona. #F1

@SkySportsF1
    Maybe they got no more energy drink

I have a feeling we are not showing our cards yet...

In the yellow circle you can see that there is a little gap, maybe not fitted correctly or just a temporary piece..I think the back will change maybe not next week, but when we have the filming day... Maybe it will be a bit like I did on the right side of the car...

And now with the news that FIA will clamp down on "exotic" engine mappings, my day couldn't be better...

A Ferrari 1-2 in Melbourne
    Veni Vidi Vici e Vici Vici Vici.... Ferrari F2012 WDC WCC Champion

127 laps by Schumacher
    114 laps by Button
    84 laps by Massa.

We need more laps and race sims..
    No Risk, No Fun!

BadgerGP.com @BadgerGP

@SkySportsF1
    Sounds interesting. But I hope RB will fail in Melbourne.
    And what about the second Barcelona's test...

I'll be waiting for decision about the engine settings.

considering that we're still testing many new parts and different setups 84 laps is pretty decent...

ded1223fe55 [].jpg
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]4591[/ATTACH
    Red buls and ours rear end.Red fools have thinner rear end
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." (Ayrton Senna)
    Forza Ferrari

The Brazilian driver got through all the key elements of the planned programme, completing a total of 84 laps, (nearly all of them on the Pirelli P Zero Hard tyres,) the fastest in a time of 1.24.771. At the end of the session, Felipe carried out a fuel scavenge test and stopped at the end of the pit lane.
    http://www.ferrari.com/English/Formu...-montmelo.aspx

http://www.ferrari.com/English/Formu...-montmelo.aspx

Maranello, 23 February - Third day of testing for Scuderia Ferrari at the Catalunya Circuit, near Barcelona. Felipe Massa continued with the work of car development and data acquisition relating to the behaviour of the F2012, which team-mate Fernando Alonso had begun a couple of days ago. The Brazilian driver got through all the key elements of the planned programme, completing a total of 84 laps, (nearly all of them on the Pirelli P Zero Hard tyres,) the fastest in a time of 1.24.771. At the end of the session, Felipe carried out a fuel scavenge test and stopped at the end of the pit lane.

The Scuderia continues testing at this circuit tomorrow, with Felipe Massa once again behind the wheel.
    Forza Jules

considering that we're still testing many new parts and different setups 84 laps is pretty decent...
    i agree thats quite good with a new car! so much stuff to test!

Quote Originally Posted by MarlboroFA View Post

In the yellow circle you can see that there is a little gap, maybe not fitted correctly or just a temporary piece..I think the back will change maybe not next week, but when we have the filming day... Maybe it will be a bit like I did on the right side of the car...

And now with the news that FIA will clamp down on "exotic" engine mappings, my day couldn't be better...

Wow. The exhausts exit in a position I haven't seen before. When did they move inward so much?

Is that deformation again on this pic?

Quote Originally Posted by Nisko View Post
    ded1223fe55 [].jpg
    If it is it's not by much...underneath the acer logo there is free space...check my post with the new exhaust layout on the right side of the image I removed some bodywork to follow the exhaust...

Quote Originally Posted by Rosso Corsa View Post
    Wow. The exhausts exit in a position I haven't seen before. When did they move inward so much?

Yesterday they tested this already ....

@OSS EL BOSS

There is no deformation, only very tight bodywork...if it was deformation it wouldn't be symmetrical on both sides

Quote Originally Posted by Nisko View Post
    ded1223fe55 [].jpg
    Ferrari seems to wrap the middle air outlet around the crash structure.

While Red Bull's outlet is above the crash structure, thus allowing the lower section to be very slim.

Quote Originally Posted by OSS EL BOSS View Post
    Is that deformation again on this pic?
    If it is, it would be quite a stroke of coincidence that 2 bumps formed on both sides of the engine cover at the exact same place....
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

So the next test (after tomorrow) is next week starting on Tuesday again?
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

BadgerGP.com @BadgerGP

@SkySportsF1
    Probably RedBull pulling another fast one on everyone again to secure a "private" testing day of some sort later on like lotus have. They like to keep their secrets. We should manufacture a "breakdown" and apply for a private testing as well and run up 300 laps.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Motorsport Magazin.com - Red Bull and Ferrari beat the final test in Barcelona during the first week of March end up its own way. How Motorsport Magazin.com of RBR team boss Christian Horner told, Ferrari hired the Circuit de Catalunya on the Monday after the official end of the final test. Means while the other F1 teams test as scheduled from Thursday to Sunday, go Ferrari and Red Bull from Friday through Monday at the track.
    http://www.motorsport-magazin.com/fo...ch-horner.html

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Probably RedBull pulling another fast one on everyone again to secure a "private" testing day of some sort later on like lotus have. They like to keep their secrets. We should manufacture a "breakdown" and apply for a private testing as well and run up 300 laps.

I think you're right, they are definitely hiding something
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    What wait...is it confirmed that Lotus can recover the days lost ??? If this is true ,then talking about favoritism yeeez...they only have themselves to blame for the design flaw in the chassis...

I am a hard core FERRARI fan..but i cant resist being mesmerised by the aerodynamic detailing on that redcow..

Yesterday they tested this already ....
    Thanks. I'm a bit concerned that the exhaust exits have moved so dramatically. They don't exit from their intended position by a long long way any more. Ferrari really are searching for something.

Quote Originally Posted by Fer12 View Post
    I am a hard core FERRARI fan..but i cant resist being mesmerised by the aerodynamic detailing on that redcow..
    definitely .....
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    So the next test (after tomorrow) is next week starting on Tuesday again?
    Seems like its Thursday to Sunday officially, and Ferrari and Red Bull decided to skip Thursday and extend their test to Monday.

Red Bull Racing and Ferrari have changed their testing plans for next month and will now run at Barcelona from March 2-5.

The test was originally scheduled from March 1 to March 4 - Thursday to Sunday - but Ferrari opted to test from Friday to Monday instead.

Red Bull consulted with Ferrari if they could join the Italian squad on track on Monday, with the Maranello squad giving its rivals the green light.

Both teams will still test just four days like their rivals, but will kick off their programmes a day later.

Red Bull team boss Christian Horner said the decision was made purely for logistical reasons.

"We have decided to join Ferrari in running from Friday to Monday as opposed to Thursday to Sunday. We're just moving it a day," Horner told AUTOSPORT.

"From a logistical perspective, it just made a bit more sense. We asked Ferrari if we could join them, they agreed. It's purely for our own logistical purposes that we decided to move the test by a day.

"It's the in test agreement and also within the test regs. We are within the time limit for that. It's something that we've elected to do. Lotus are doing their own thing but that's for different reasons elsewhere. But we have decided to run from Friday to Monday."

Lotus is set to be granted a private day of testing after having to pull out of the Barcelona test this week because of problems with its chassis.

via AutoSport

Kind of amusing that Ferrari is now adding context in their official press releases. They haven't indicated anything about tires in any other previous press releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosso Corsa View Post
    Thanks. I'm a bit concerned that the exhaust exits have moved so dramatically. They don't exit from their intended position by a long long way any more. Ferrari really are searching for something.
    I think they already said at the launch of the car that they studied a lot of options in terms of exhaust positioning..
    So maybe this is just that checking if what they saw in CFD/Windtunnel is the same on track...
    Nothing to be worried about IMO..