Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151627 ... LastLast

Thread: First Barcelona Test 21st-24th Feb 2012 - news and pics

Quote Originally Posted by Omegablue View Post
    True, but shouldn't the news be real?
    As I said, we post 'news' from Bild etc here, so...
    Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari2183 View Post
    He has been right many a time with things that only insiders are privy to like front pull rod, Byrne being more hands on, Massa being in the simulator (days before he actually gets there), new parts being brought and I'm talking specific parts here.

Sure they can all be guesses, but to guess right on so many occasions regarding so many different things is highly unlikely.

Anyway, he is not releasing any specifics like schematics, fuel loads, ballast and where its located that would draw attention to himself from Ferrari. If you choose not to believe him then fine but his tweets at the very least promote discussion in an otherwise boring off season.
    Advertising those details for his own personal gain is not what Ferrari needs right now.

Whoever his source is needs to be fired!

We don't need another journalist running around with details of what the team is doing. Might as well make a documentary of whats going on in the factory if we're going to let that kind of details leak out all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Advertising those details for his own personal gain is not what Ferrari needs right now.

Whoever his source is needs to be fired!

We don't need another journalist running around with details of what the team is doing. Might as well make a documentary of whats going on in the factory if we're going to let that kind of details leak out all the time.
    I don't think any teams are looking here for information and consider it seriously. I think they are minding their own business. It's for us as Ferrari fans to keep the faith and learn the status and debate if we are moving in the right direction. Also it give us something to cheer about. So let's not debate who is what but enjoy this thread as it always been a place to know more about Ferrari and discuss our thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by chandran2313 View Post
    I don't think any teams are looking here for information and consider it seriously. I think they are minding their own business. It's for us as Ferrari fans to keep the faith and learn the status and debate if we are moving in the right direction. Also it give us something to cheer about. So let's not debate who is what but enjoy this thread as it always been a place to know more about Ferrari and discuss our thoughts
    You're right. I'm just worried about those 0.3 second gain or so and so aero points. Those are very detailed data, IF true

You're right. I'm just worried about those 0.3 second gain or so and so aero points. Those are very detailed data, IF true
    I agree, those are very technical. But again how much true no one knows. Although i hope it is true but we will know it for sure in Albert Park....

"One thing I want to request you all, please don't panic or derive any conclusions looking at the lap times. This is a "test" session & be it good or bad, we shall see the "reality" only in Melbourne"

Well said, whether or not ppl will actually wait till Melbourne is another thing. But yes lets just let our team do what they have to do without judging or panicking.

FORZA FERRARI!
    CUT ME. CUT YOU. BOTH OUR BLOOD IS FERRARI RED!

I'm not to concerned about what he said about the 3 tenths and the points of downforce. The other teams don't know how Ferrari got them apart from some snippets of info regarding aerodynamic centres.

Is this how they do pitstop practice nowadays?

Looks like again Mark will not get equal equipment. Look at his RB8

They have to do that, Marko will be very worried that without the EBD Webber might put up an equal fight against Vettel. :-p
    "The client is not always right." - Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    so in other words, what you're saying that this is a LOTTA BS and none of it is true?? just some random guy (JoseluisF1) making up crap
    I understand I'm new here, but I just want to say Jose Luis is not making anything up and his information has proven accurate and reliable. I will cite just a few and can provide more if needed.

1: Knew & told about the exhaust collector Ferrari used last year that was only discovered at the Young Driver Test. Mentioned it months before the YDT.

2: Told everyone Byrne was heavily involved on the F2012 while Ferrari denied it, then months later admitted he was involved.

3: He mentioned a new cooling system last year that was considered radical & would allow the sidepod inlets to be very small. Tombazis mentioned new cooling at launch & Luca Marmorini mentions getting the car to work at higher temps/at the limit

4: Months before the car launch, mentioned use of advanced materials being used on the Byrne floor. ScarbsF1 tweeted saturday after Jerez that indeed the Ferrari floor was different than the others

5: Thursday in Jerez he said the F2012 would have a new floor & other pieces. Sure enough Friday they used a new floor.

6: Mentioned a heating problem in first days of Jerez when the team didn't confirm it, yet Piola mentions it in the Gazzetta & we had the big failures that cost us precious running time.

Look it's the same at other places too. Some people believe him, others don't. It's up to you what to believe but the guy doesn't claim to be employed by Ferrari or anything of the sort. He'll tell you he's a doctor. But he has his source and he's proven accurate many times. The choice is up to you, but I know for fact he is not lying & his information is indeed accurate.

On to the F2012: Hopefully Alonso can get plenty of laps in this week, as well as Felipe. Let's hope for good data collection & better understanding of the car. :))

He probably gets most of his info from Italian media, most of what he tweets is published there.
    Forza Ferrari

This is agony sitting on our hands waiting for the next test and the season to begin! I think the things stated by several people about the F2012 are for the most part correct. But remember that most of the items talked about are just logical development aspects of the race car. The F2012 has Pull-Rod Front and Rear this year so it is a very change and it required a huge amount of new data on the behavior of the race car. I think Ferrari, like all of the teams are consumed more with the usage of tires then anything else. This has often been the case in Formula One while there was a tire war going on. Now it is who will best exploit the tires this season. Last year it was Red Bull and McLaren was not far behind. Ferrari have been very clear and forthright about the need to correct this weakness and have hire the Ex-Chief of Bridgestone F1 Tire Engineering. That is a very big gain for the Ferrari team!

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!

at the start, i was a little doubtful, but he said days ago that Felipe was in the simulator, and sure enough, Ferrari publish that. did not see Felipe being in the simulator written anywhere else.
    and speaking of Jose Luis...

If the tests go well, when the engineers stopped jumping with joy;) will test suspension geometry

The telemetry will be analyzed in real time in Maranello. The cooling system will also be thoroughly tested

It seems that Alonso proved in several stints during Tuesday morning have been resolved if the 'anomalies' aerodynamic

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Mercedes - Barcelona - Today:

Mercedes twitter:
    W03 had a second track outing today as we completed a private test in Barcelona... Michael drove this morning and Nico this afternoon
    Over 300 kms completed for our testing programme with the new car...
    Looking forward to the presentation bright and early on Tuesday morning... make sure to set your alarms ;)
    To confirm: under the testing agreement, not running on the final day of the team test in Jerez allowed us to nominate a private test day

looks as if the side pods have some sculpting to them this year, doesnt look as aggressive like ours though.

Second look, the bottom of the side pods may have alot of undercut. Cannt get much from these pictues (detail). Bit grainy
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

I don't know if it is a shadow, or a result of the poor image quality, but it seems like the side pods are slotted in some way. Maybe the exhaust outlet?

~FORZA FERRARI~

It just looks that way because of black bodywork around the exhaust area. It does appear though that they were tinkering with exhaust positions as it seems like a piece of the bodywork is cut out in a triangular shape near the end of the sidepod.

Difficult to say because the images are so grainy. I believe Mercedes have something up their sleeve.

Private test day for Merc, well what doyaknow...
    Didnt it take Ross n Mikey about 2 years to start winning races when they came to Ferrari?
    Looks to be a small wing behind the sidepod, just ahead of the rear tire..directing exhaust?

This poster with all of the "inside" Ferrari news...why would he post it at all?
    If he indeed had insider info, he could easily sell it to rival teams, probably at
    a hefty profit. Its interesting to read sometimes, but I have to view it as a grain of salt type thing.
    Last edited by Nova; 19th February 2012 at 21:49.

Quote Originally Posted by Crucial_Xtreme View Post
    I understand I'm new here, but I just want to say Jose Luis is not making anything up and his information has proven accurate and reliable. I will cite just a few and can provide more if needed.

1: Knew & told about the exhaust collector Ferrari used last year that was only discovered at the Young Driver Test. Mentioned it months before the YDT.

2: Told everyone Byrne was heavily involved on the F2012 while Ferrari denied it, then months later admitted he was involved.

3: He mentioned a new cooling system last year that was considered radical & would allow the sidepod inlets to be very small. Tombazis mentioned new cooling at launch & Luca Marmorini mentions getting the car to work at higher temps/at the limit

4: Months before the car launch, mentioned use of advanced materials being used on the Byrne floor. ScarbsF1 tweeted saturday after Jerez that indeed the Ferrari floor was different than the others

5: Thursday in Jerez he said the F2012 would have a new floor & other pieces. Sure enough Friday they used a new floor.

6: Mentioned a heating problem in first days of Jerez when the team didn't confirm it, yet Piola mentions it in the Gazzetta & we had the big failures that cost us precious running time.

Look it's the same at other places too. Some people believe him, others don't. It's up to you what to believe but the guy doesn't claim to be employed by Ferrari or anything of the sort. He'll tell you he's a doctor. But he has his source and he's proven accurate many times. The choice is up to you, but I know for fact he is not lying & his information is indeed accurate.
    Well then you need to subscribe to other sites, as even F1zone had most of that info before him. Dunno, learn Italian and read Gazzetto Dello Sport and Virgilio.it.

Perhaps you mis understoods my points in the previous page, which underline the actual fact as to why he doesn't have an inside source. After the whole scandal of 2007, do you think Ferrari is going to allow such a thing? And for so long?

But yeah, you believe what you want to believe. However Virgilio already rumoured Bryne's involvement right after Costa's removal, which was before anyone. The floor for Thursday was already announced by Fry and co during the launch. The diffirent materials for the floor were already stated by Ferrari before the crash tests, and further confirmed by them when the tests failed the first time. All this Josie guy is doing is announcing the obvious and the already officially stated.

As for Massa in the simulator being read as news? Where have you guys been since 2008? The drivers most of the time are in the simulators since they can't practice during the season. Ferrari didn't build a multi-million Euro simulator just to be used once in a while. It's also to keep the drivers in form between races.

And yes, winter testing is very well known for all the teams as the time to fix whatever aero issues, which is obvious as the car is new.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    He probably gets most of his info from Italian media, most of what he tweets is published there.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    Didnt it take Ross n Mikey about 2 years to start winning races when they came to Ferrari?
    You're right. And when they arrived, Ferrari was a slow donkey. Unlike Merc that took over Brawn, world champions.
    And yeah, Schumacher in his first Ferrari year got 3 wins, and finished third overall.
    Year after that he lost the title on the last race for a moment of insanity when he tried to take out Villeneuve.

Though those are also diffirent times when the teams could practice between races. And the drivers drove the cars without this DRS gimmick.

Well then you need to subscribe to other sites, as even F1zone had most of that info before him. Dunno, learn Italian and read Gazzetto Dello Sport and Virgilio.it.

Perhaps you mis understoods my points in the previous page, which underline the actual fact as to why he doesn't have an inside source. After the whole scandal of 2007, do you think Ferrari is going to allow such a thing? And for so long?

But yeah, you believe what you want to believe. However Virgilio already rumoured Bryne's involvement right after Costa's removal, which was before anyone. The floor for Thursday was already announced by Fry and co during the launch. The diffirent materials for the floor were already stated by Ferrari before the crash tests, and further confirmed by them when the tests failed the first time. All this Josie guy is doing is announcing the obvious and the already officially stated.

As for Massa in the simulator being read as news? Where have you guys been since 2008? The drivers most of the time are in the simulators since they can't practice during the season. Ferrari didn't build a multi-million Euro simulator just to be used once in a while. It's also to keep the drivers in form between races.

And yes, winter testing is very well known for all the teams as the time to fix whatever aero issues, which is obvious as the car is new.

Thank you.
    +1 :)

Thank you.
    This is my last post on the matter. Please show me where Fry said they would bring a new floor on Friday of Jerez. As far as the advanced materials, he said this in November of last year, way before the crash tests. I see you dismissed the entire exhaust collector that was installed in Hungary but wasn't reported on by the media until the Young Drivers test& the new cooling system. You don't have to believe him, but you don't have to make up stories either. I'll wait on the Fry quote. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Crucial_Xtreme View Post
    This is my last post on the matter. Please show me where Fry said they would bring a new floor on Friday of Jerez. As far as the advanced materials, he said this in November of last year, way before the crash tests. I see you dismissed the entire exhaust collector that was installed in Hungary but wasn't reported on by the media until the Young Drivers test& the new cooling system. You don't have to believe him, but you don't have to make up stories either. I'll wait on the Fry quote. ;)
    Wow... I disappear to shower and have breakfast, and I arrive back to this.
    OK... a bit personal here? Again you didn't read properly. Didn't say just Fry, said Fry & co, meaning the Ferrari team. Noticed you're also very defensive about Jose at f1technical.net... ;)

But very well. And nice one, though typing the words "floor+launch+Ferrari" on a search engine, the result most likely brings up every single article of the last 5 days, on hundreds of pages. I'm not going to waste time to defend my virtual reputation. So you are more than welcome to keep that offside goal.

Though since you've challenged my integrity, which is "meh" for me, I will gladly put in the effort to respond once you ask your Jose to validate his source and himself? But wait, he can't... LOL

But here's also a bit of non-internet reality. All magazine and sport's newspapers have agreements to exclusive info from whatever teams and events, so it allows them to sell their publications on the shelves, or on PDF as most are doing this year for the i-Pad. Or else they would be out of business. And a great deal of that info only hits the net a bit later when someone takes the time to type it on a forum, or scan a page.

I subscribe to Gazzetta and Autosprint, and follow James Allen's site as well. And I will continue only believing official journalists with an official reputation in the sport, or that officially work for an official publication. Learn Italian and you'll be surprised at the amount of extra interviews and analysis there is about Ferrari.

And I will continue to be negative about a person that claims to have an inside source, and reveal "CORPORATE" secrets, which is punishable with arrest by international court.

Regardless, I'm also done with this, and made my point many times recently about this matter. You want to believe that Massa sitting in a simulator, while Hamashina studies the tyres is news... Ok, that's cool for you, go for it.

For further official info I suggest to use translate, and go to the following sites.
    http://www.gazzetta.it/Motori/
    (Side not here to highlight the recent diffirence between Italian and English news. English sites are tackling Italy for not having Italian drivers this year, whilst Gazzetta has approached it with promise by listing future Vettels made in Italy. Again, alot from Italy is not translated to most of the English news.

http://www.auto.it/autosprint/

http://sport.virgilio.it/motori/formula1/index.html

And somewhere from there you'll also find the snippet of Ferrari planning a new floor as well plenty of other parts for Jerez.
    (Which all teams do to test the new parts before the first race, hence why they even reveal the cars with the previous year's wings.)

I take the view, if the news is good, it must be true. If it's bad, it's made up BS. ;)

Ferrari F2012/150° Italia - front view comparison:

http://www.formula1.com/news/technical/2012/0/932.html

Mercedes completes private test

Hey guys,
    can anyone please let me know how many kms each team is allowed for filming and private tests...
    today i read an article on F1live saying that mercedes have done testing over 300 kms which includes 100kms of filming and over 200kms of private testing.
    Even i read that the private test was done on 2012 tyres...

please let me know on this as per my knowledge only 100kms are allowed for filming...but what about private test ? and why Ferrari have not done any filming or private test as mercedes W03 or are they keeping that reserved.

Quit bickering over whether joseluisF1 has an insider or not. For what it's worth i love to read whatever he posts on twitter, whether it's good news or bad news. It also keeps me busy in this very boring off season, and his tweets almost always seem to have some truth to them. Yes i don't read all the media newspapers who might report the same things as him but he is my source for information concerning Ferrari, like everyone else who has their own sources.
    Finally, just as Mrs Suzie said, if we allow Bild articles to be posted here then how can you not allow JoseLuisF1? The latter is much more reliable and to the point.
    "The client is not always right." - Enzo Ferrari

New Mercedes completes private test at Barcelona

He guys, I got the answer for my previous post..but still not clear how can FIA allow this...

The article at F1.com says.....

Mercedes’ new MGP W03 will only be officially launched on Tuesday morning, but that hasn’t stopped the team from racking up kilometres in the car at a private test at Barcelona on Sunday.

After carrying out a shakedown at Silverstone last week, Mercedes jetted out to Spain early, ahead of this week’s second multi-team test at the Circuit de Catalunya. Earlier this month they opted to test their 2011 car for three of the four days of the Jerez test and so had a day in hand to use as they wished.

During Sunday’s outing, Michael Schumacher was behind the wheel in the morning before team mate Nico Rosberg took over in the afternoon. The new Mercedes has already completed over 300 kilometres.

They didn't participate in the last day of testing at Jerez, so they can have a private test day instead.