Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 61718192021222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: First Barcelona Test 21st-24th Feb 2012 - news and pics

Quote Originally Posted by scuderiafan View Post
    Took great satisfaction in tweeting that person to correct their grammatical errors
    Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by OSS EL BOSS View Post
    15 laps run on medium tyres by felipe:

72 outlap
    73 1:30.531 +2.784
    74 1:26.506 -4.025
    75 1:26.441 -0.065
    76 1:26.377 -0.064
    77 1:26.616 +0.239
    78 1:26.658 +0.042
    79 1:26.739 +0.081
    80 1:26.586 -0.153
    81 1:27.093 +0.507
    82 1:27.241 +0.148
    83 1:27.254 +0.013
    84 1:28.691 +1.437
    85 1:28.003 -0.688
    86 inlap
    really good consistant times, very nice.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    Took great satisfaction in tweeting that person to correct their grammatical errors
    how did they take to that?

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Fan View Post
    wow i didnt know you were a ferrari and red bull employe. can you also tell me the winning lottery number?

30 pages and only few posts have proper NEWS and PICS. yes all my latest posts have been about this whole issue but i get home and see there is 12 new pages to read and get all excited but instantly im dissapointed because only a few posts contain actual news and the rest is just rumours.

an idea for the mods if they dont hate my whining already. create a RUMOUR/GUESSING thread next to this one and keep this proper sources because these guessing games are just stupid and ruin a news/pic thread like this.

you need to stick to your IM-A-ALONSO-FAN-AND-EVERYBODY-ELSE-SUCKS forum because this place is pretty neutral and friendly to all F1 and certainly dont bash other teams because how they run their testing.
    got problem?
    if yes come to me i can solve it for you
    Last edited by OSS EL BOSS; 24th February 2012 at 19:20.

Does anyone know if they ran chassis #2 in Barcelona or if it was still chassis #1. I would also be curious to see if they bring both chassis to Barcelona next week and let each driver drive "their" car.

Quote Originally Posted by Agasthya View Post
    Does anyone know if they ran chassis #2 in Barcelona or if it was still chassis #1. I would also be curious to see if they bring both chassis to Barcelona next week and let each driver drive "their" car.
    They ran the #1 chassis, they will bring the second one to the next test.

Quote Originally Posted by OSS EL BOSS View Post
    some ****** teams do their fuel cosumpion test and stop the session 10min before the end
    sorry mate, but it isnt the place for that kind of language want to use words like that use ******

**edited for language in quote**

REDARMYSOJA
    Last edited by REDARMYSOJA; 25th February 2012 at 19:18.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    sorry mate, but it isnt the place for that kind of language want to use words like that use ******

Felipe today:

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Indeed. Can everyone please remember that swearing or trying to bypass the swear filter is not allowed. Cheers
    Forza Jules

how did they take to that?
    I haven't gotten a response back
    Forza Jules

good. anyways, to more sunnier matters,

In other words, the Ferrari actually looks reasonably fast, and an insider did admit: "The car is not as bad as a lot of people think."
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/andrewben...ines_in_a.html

i can just imagine mac fans, faces reading that. that is NOT an enjoyable read for them, especially when they diss anyone who says anything bad about their 'beaut' and Lewis.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Teams try full range of Pirelli P Zero tyres at Barcelona

BARCELONA - 24 FEB 2012 19:17 UTC

For the first time this year, the Formula One teams tried out the full range of Pirelli’s 2012 slick tyres, with the P Zero Silver hard, P Zero White medium, P Zero Yellow soft and P Zero Red supersoft all taking to the track in Barcelona.
    In total the drivers completed 3697 laps, the equivalent of 17,207 kilometres.

At the second test of the year, the majority of the teams ramped up the development curve with their 2012 cars, seeing how they interact with the full range of Pirelli tyres on a circuit that is very familiar to all of them. A number of drivers also completed race simulations, again making use of all of Pirelli’s slick tyres. In particular, plenty of work was carried out using the medium tyre, which has been nominated for the first three races (together with the soft in Australia and China, and the hard in Malaysia).

The four-day test at the Circuit de Catalunya – the home of the Spanish Grand Prix – was characterised by quite cold temperatures in the mornings, which made it difficult for the teams to collect a large amount of representative data. The warmer conditions of the afternoon were better suited to the working range of the tyres and provided both Pirelli and the teams with some useful data and understanding of their behaviour. There was no rain, which means that the Cinturato Green intermediate and Cinturato Blue full wet tyres have yet to be tested.

Pirelli’s motorsport director Paul Hembery said: “It was an extremely productive four days, and we were helped by temperatures that – at least in the afternoons – were more representative of what we will expect to see during the season. The teams all completed the most amount of running that we have seen so far this year, 17,207 kilometres as opposed to 14,949 kilometres in Jerez. This allowed them to gather plenty of data on all four slick tyres that we can now analyse in order to come up with a few different scenarios for the first races related to strategy options and crossover points. As we expected, most teams chose to concentrate on the medium tyre, with the emphasis often on aerodynamic set-up work rather than tyre evaluation. However, we got plenty of work done and we’re satisfied with the levels of degradation and performance seen so far, as we head now into the final test again at Barcelona next week. It’s only then that we will see a more accurate picture of the relative performance of the teams, but from our point of view we are meeting our objectives.”

TESTING FACTS:
    1. Both the hardest and the softest slick tyres in Pirelli’s range set fastest times in Barcelona.

1. Reigning world champion Sebastian Vettel topped the time sheets for Red Bull Racing on day one, setting a time of 1m23.265s with the P Zero Silver hard.

1. The fastest time on the third day of the test was set by Williams driver Pastor Maldonado using the P Zero Red supersoft: 1m22.391s.

1. The fastest time on the final day of the test was set by Sauber driver Kamui Kobayashi using the P Zero Yellow soft: 1m22.312s. This was the fastest time of the whole four-day test.

1. The driver to complete the most laps at Barcelona was also Kobayashi who did 243 laps (the equivalent of 1131 kilometres).

1. The fastest race lap at Barcelona last year was 1m26.727s while the pole lap was 1m20.981s – but with so many parameters being tested on the new cars, it is still hard to draw many firm conclusions.

TESTING NUMBERS:

* Total number of sets brought to Barcelona: 367 sets which equals 1468 tyres
    - Of which Supersoft tyres: 34 sets
    - Of which Soft tyres: 82 sets
    - Of which Medium tyres: 110 sets
    - Of which Hard tyres: 69 sets
    - Of which Intermediate tyres:36 sets
    - Of which Wet tyres: 36 sets

* Total amount of sets used: 257
    - Of which Supersoft tyres: 16 sets
    - Of which Soft tyres: 81 sets
    - Of which Medium tyres: 95 sets
    - Of which Hard tyres: 65 sets
    - Of which Intermediate tyres: 0 sets
    - Of which Wet tyres: 0 sets

* Longest run:
    22 laps on the Hard compound
    20 laps on the Medium compound
    24 laps on the Soft compound
    10 laps on the Supersoft compound

* Highest / lowest ambient temperature over four days: 5 °C / 22 °C
    * Highest / lowest track temperature over four days: 7 °C / 31 °C

TYRE SUMMARY:

Day 1
    1. Vettel 1’23″265 on Hard New
    2. Hülkenberg 1’23″440 on Medium New
    3. Hamilton 1’23″590 on Soft New

Day 2
    1. Hülkenberg 1’22’’608 on Supersoft New
    2. Perez 1’22’’648 on Supersoft New
    3. Vettel 1’22’’891 on Soft New

Day 3
    1. Maldonado 1’22’’391 on Supersoft New
    2. Schumacher 1’23’’384 on Soft New
    3. Kobayashi 1’23’’582 on Soft New

Day 4
    1. Kobayashi 1’22″312 on Soft New
    2. Maldonado 1’22″561 on Supersoft New
    3. Di Resta 1’23″119 on Supersoft New

http://plus.autosport.com/premium/fe...lems-over/?v=5

i am not a premium reader, but the preview says that ferrari have made the most progress from the first day, in terms of trackside handling.

http://plus.autosport.com/premium/fe...lems-over/?v=5

i am not a premium reader, but the preview says that ferrari have made the most progress from the first day, in terms of trackside handling.
    Here's the relevant text:
    Take Felipe Massa's Ferrari as the example. The F2012 looked a better-balanced machine on Friday than it did earlier in the week in the hands of Fernando Alonso. Superficially, that's great news for the Prancing Horse and it's certainly evidence that the Brazilian was being honest when he hailed the improvement in the car. But all things are relative and when you look a little closer at how it behaves on track, the same concerning traits are there.

Rewind to earlier in the week and Alonso was relying on significant steering and throttle adjustments at the transition from the Turn 2 left-hander into the long, fast Turn 3 right-hander. On Friday, Massa wasn't having the same scale of trouble, but the rear instability was still there. Instead of the effortless transfer of the weight from one side of the car to the other, Massa had to control a moment of rear end uncertainty as the car reset itself. The Ferrari no longer looks like it's on castors, but it's far from the first car you'd jump into given a free choice.

So what's the bottom line? Right now, the smart money remains on Red Bull with McLaren as its nearest challenger. Thinking back to how the McLaren looked here last year pre-season, that's a vast difference for the Woking team. Right now, there are three big teams – the aforementioned top two and Mercedes – with reason to feel pretty happy and a fourth – Ferrari – relived at least to have ironed out some of its troubles.

So some rear end troubles still, which is fine. Felipe said that. I lol at everyone haveing man accidents over Mercedes. I have not seen anything from them to justify their jump at the top. I guess they are the new Lotus.

I hope they sort out the problems with the rear quickly. Apart from that, it looks like a good car.

Thanks for the article though.

hope we do a reverse of what happened last year and i will be satisfied.
    we're number one

Ferrari have produced a much more innovative, extreme race car that is a big step forward from the car they started last year with.

Ferrari have put all of the latest design features into this new 2012 race car and new features that are not seen on other race cars that promise only the highest results for the Ferrari Team! Ferrari are racing in anger and for pride.

They have always been the "Standard", not Red Bull! Ferrari have the deepest, richest history in Formula One and have the most records to prove that. Red Bull should be afraid of awakening "THE" sleeping giant! Ferrari have work to do but they have 300+ of the finest Engineers in the sport of Formula One. No one should kid themselves; Ferrari have left no stone untouched and the word has been sent through the land!

Ferrari have been ordered to win and WIN THEY SHALL!

Ferrari MUST WIN!

Ciao!

Forza Ferrari!!!

Well said FrakAlfa nice positive message and very true just hope others read this post and restores the faith in why we are all here!! For Ferrari!!

It is going to be a great season!!

Now that the second testing session is over and it would seem we finally found a good solution to continue development work for the future there are some questions to be answered:

1) I noticed that on the final two days Ferrari have abandoned the idea to direct the exhausts plume towards the brake ducts and have adopted a more conventional beam wing blowing technique(that is also used by RedBull). If that is the case and they will stick with it it would be nice to see what solution Ferrari will use for those extension of the sidepods(because I assume they build them like this in order to blow the brake ducts, since this is no longer necessary they will want to modify that part in order to streamline the car desing and improve air flow over the rear of the car) ... so very curios what solution for the sidepods we'll se in Barcelona next week.

2) Even if I don't remember anything about a new major aero package at the final test for us, I would assume that is the case and I am just curios what developments we'll see next week(I expect some changes on the front&rear wings, sidepods, exhaust & many other things)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/andrewben...ines_in_a.html

i can just imagine mac fans, faces reading that. that is NOT an enjoyable read for them, especially when they diss anyone who says anything bad about their 'beaut' and Lewis.
    Vettel did five pit stops; Hamilton four. Discount laps on which they went in and out of the pits and they both managed 55 flying laps. Vettel completed his more than two minutes faster than Hamilton.

If that was repeated in a race, Hamilton would be lapped by the end.
    hah poor maccas

Andrew Benson is not bashing Ferrari enough and not praising McLaren enough, over on autosport they call him a half- wit (without the 'certified') and hate his guts. Thats about all, really.

Aside from that his blog does seem to lack proper analysis most of the time, but the comments from McLaren fans are always an entertaining read.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaudiuCojo View Post
    Now that the second testing session is over and it would seem we finally found a good solution to continue development work for the future there are some questions to be answered:

1) I noticed that on the final two days Ferrari have abandoned the idea to direct the exhausts plume towards the brake ducts and have adopted a more conventional beam wing blowing technique(that is also used by RedBull). If that is the case and they will stick with it it would be nice to see what solution Ferrari will use for those extension of the sidepods(because I assume they build them like this in order to blow the brake ducts, since this is no longer necessary they will want to modify that part in order to streamline the car desing and improve air flow over the rear of the car) ... so very curios what solution for the sidepods we'll se in Barcelona next week.

2) Even if I don't remember anything about a new major aero package at the final test for us, I would assume that is the case and I am just curios what developments we'll see next week(I expect some changes on the front&rear wings, sidepods, exhaust & many other things)
    yeah, i was thinking that, but apparently Ferrari only ran prototype floors in Barcelona, so we may see the exhausts back to the brake ducts, but a little more refined. i assume that that is where they want to blow, but only when they have it right.
    so maybe the beam wing solution is just a stopgap until they get their brake duct solution working. or they will change the body. but i think there may just be a considerable change in the car from now until Barca 2, because if felipe said nothing has changed on the car, and they have been testing soooo many bits, imagine what would change when they come out and say they got an upgrade!

Can anybody tell what the above article is all about...

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari2183 View Post
    Can anybody tell what the above article is all about...
    basically saying exactly what massa said that the final day of testing they are starting to understand the car better and tyres also and have a better understanding of where they need to go

the article above that is saying how all teams have been running a marathon in testing that they have covered a lot of mileage including ferrari

the article top right on the bottom page is saying that it was brawn and merc who have notified the FIA regarding the engine mapping

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari2183 View Post
    Thanks.
    my pleasure