Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: First Barcelona Test 21st-24th Feb 2012 - news and pics

Quote Originally Posted by medeni73 View Post
    joseluisf1:

Latest combination of pieces and setup has given the F2012 more consistency [with the tires], even the hards

They've also markedly improved reliability, finally allowing the engine to stretch its legs.

Next round of pieces should bring the F2012 much closer to the RB

Newey will lose 0.2s [because of the throttle map-fixing ECU revision set for Australia FP1], F2012 is only 0.5s away (Ferrari pulled in 0.1s today), and in the next test we'll gain a further 0.3s.
    ... and Fernando will do the rest :)

12 laps on mediums and the 2nd was the fastest at 1:24.763 and his last lap was 1:26.264

Very nice work team, Felipe and F2012

Quote Originally Posted by dfunk257 View Post
    Do you know if this was when he had the medium or hard tyres?
    he had mediums on on this run

I think it was on mediums tyres...

Felipe back on track

Felipe back on track...

Quote Originally Posted by OSS EL BOSS View Post
    he had mediums on on this run
    If thats the case then compared to Felipes times done on the same tyre we are much quicker, but of course we dont know the fuel loads.
    CUT ME. CUT YOU. BOTH OUR BLOOD IS FERRARI RED!

red flag

Yeah!
    We complete 100 laps run.

Second long sting (medium tyres):

(87) outlap
    (88) 1:24.763
    (89) 1:34.553
    (90) 1:24.957
    (91) 1:25.075
    (92) 1:25.214
    (93) 1:25.732
    (94) 1:25.779
    (95) 1:26.238
    (96) 1:27.853
    (97) 1:26.343
    (98) 1:26.264
    (99) Pit

We've just gone back out now, so we'll do more than 100 laps today!

If thats the case then compared to Felipes times done on the same tyre we are much quicker, but of course we dont know the fuel loads.

Yes only the fuel loads are unknown but still today the Ferrari looks consistent..

There's the 100!

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Even the flag went Ferrari red when we made our 100th lap

Massa is putting some very good mileage on the race car today! This is whar Ferrari needs! Obviously the speed is there now they just have to see how race simulations start to work. They were to try some very drastic setup changes for today's test. Any news as to what they are trying and how it is working out??? The Video of Senior Aerodynamics Engineer, Alex Cinelli on Youtube a few days ago gave very good insight into what they are testing and how they test. It is clear that their efforts are focused and clear in what they are trying to do in the test sessions. Corelation between the Wind Tunnel and the CFD Modeling are very important in moving the development of the race car forward. As I hav e said many times, the big problem to solve is the Downforce vs. Drag model. Maximum Downforce with the least amount of Drag is the goal. With many features on the Ferrari F2012 race car different in comparison to the other race cars and the fact that Ferrari have taken on an NEW set of problems to solve then in previous years, one has to be positive that Ferrari will have a special race car soon. They are starting with a "More" Complex Race car this year and not one to play "Catch-Up" with to make their inferior design closer to the more extreme designs. They seem to be starting with an equal or "MORE EXTREME" design compared to the other teams this year and Ferrari are back to "Leading the Way in Design" like they did during the Schumacher years. This is excellent to see!

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Forzi View Post
    Even the flag went Ferrari red when we made our 100th lap
    +1

I am very happy at the end we had 100 laps and i am crying of happiness

some [censored] teams do their fuel cosumpion test and stop the session 10min before the end

Please do not swear, it's a pretty easy rule to understand - TSN Mod.
    Last edited by Suzie; 24th February 2012 at 19:57.

Quote Originally Posted by medeni73 View Post
    joseluisf1:

Latest combination of pieces and setup has given the F2012 more consistency [with the tires], even the hards

They've also markedly improved reliability, finally allowing the engine to stretch its legs.

Next round of pieces should bring the F2012 much closer to the RB

Newey will lose 0.2s [because of the throttle map-fixing ECU revision set for Australia FP1], F2012 is only 0.5s away (Ferrari pulled in 0.1s today), and in the next test we'll gain a further 0.3s.
    I hate the fact that we are still half a second slower than RB even after all the work we've done since last year thru to now to make this car competitive from the start, and we are still behind!!
    Anyway lets just hope that by Melbounre we will be strong.

some ***** teams do their fuel cosumpion test and stop the session 10min before the end
    Pretty selfish thing to do. Unfortunately its not illegal so many teams do this towards the end and prematurely end the day with a red flag

**Edited for language in quote**

REDARMYSOJA
    Last edited by REDARMYSOJA; 25th February 2012 at 19:16.

Anyone got a source for the FiA putting out a tech directive & changed ECU before Australia?

joseluisf1 translated from another user:

Good discussion going on the throttle map issue. AMuS claims Mercedes presented the case to Whiting about the mapping loophole, though paddock rumors point to Ferrari. Another interesting rumor making the rounds: Lotus pulled out of the practice due to throttle map issues (Maybe uncertain theirs would become illegal? Not really sure what to think of that).

He just tweeted that a prototype of one of the pieces they'll use for the next test is currently banging around the track.

5 mins left of the session...

Felipe back on track...

I hate the fact that we are still half a second slower than RB even after all the work we've done since last year thru to now to make this car competitive from the start, and we are still behind!!
    we are 0.5 behind but we will gain 0.3 at the next test red bull will lose 0.2 but they will bring some updates too lets say they will gain 0.2, that means we will be just 0.2 behind red bull in melbourne and thats good with a new car with a huge developement room.
    Last edited by OSS EL BOSS; 24th February 2012 at 15:04.

Given the trackside observations of our car, being 0.5 slower than Red Bull is a bloody good achievement at this stage. They are ahead on set-up work, so by the end of testing we should be even closer to Red Bull. As long as we're close to them, Fernando can do the rest.

Well, 0.2 sec from RB in last tests is not the worst thing that can happen.
    Meanwhile, it either says something or just nothing that Alonso, Schumacher and Raikkonen have reputedly spared a F1 podium on five occasions and Fernando has stood on the top step on every occasion. He's F1's first among equals. (PG)

Yes i trust our drivers to do the rest if we are 0.2-0.3s behind Red Bull in the first race.Ofcourse these are just predictions maybe we will gain much more than others after these engine mapping ban.Or even more may occur depending on the potential of the vehicle.Assume that we are behind half a second and then every team will bring major updates to the final tests.We shall see

ٌٌWe did 103 laps run.
    Congratulations to all tifosis.

we are 0.5 behind but we will gain 0.3 at the next test red bull will lose 0.2 but they will bring some updates too lets say they will gain 0.2, that means we will be just 0.2 behind red bull in melbourne and thats good with a new car with a huge developement room.
    Yes i agree that our drivers will make the difference, especially Fernando, but still i thought with all the work gone into making this car what it is, i was hoping it was gonna b quick out of the box straight away, but yes i know, im asking for too much too early!!

http://motorsport.nextgen-auto.com/Mercedes-hiding-new-double-diffuser-concept-report

If its true...it could turn tables around..