Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ALONSO or MASSA?

I think we all know the answer to this question..

Quote Originally Posted by Pekka View Post
    Out of the two (Nando, Massa).. Nando should win the WDC. However I think that neither of them will win it this year..
    If you believe this at this early stage you need to move on to another thread... RBR maybe? unreal

Just had a look at the betting odds for the 2012 season...Massa is 130/1 to win the WDC which I find rather insulting towards Felipe, especially as Alonso's odds are around 6/1.
    I know Nando's good but not 20 times better, surely worth a small wager?

F1 wagers are dumb IMO.. Less chance for surprises, besides engine and other technical failures of course.

Quote Originally Posted by kurski View Post
    Fernando is better.
    also faster if you remember! Seriously if a Ferrari driver wins WDC then Fernando must be favorite. Some of us still believe Massa should have already won it instead of you know who just "pinching " it by whatever means

Either, provided we end up with both championships!
    yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery, today is a gift
    that's why its called the present

The car is key.

Forza Jules

I would bet on Nando. He is enormously consistent and if the car is not an outright winner, and more like a second or third best on the grid; he is more likely to wring points out of each race.
    Silently, like a shadow

Rosberg reveals father against Ferrari move

Nico Rosberg with his father Keke Rosberg
    Feb.29 (GMM) Nico Rosberg has revealed that his world champion father – Keke Rosberg – was adamant he should stick with Mercedes for the future, despite apparent Ferrari interest in the German’s services.

Last year, amid rumours that Ferrari was considering dropping Felipe Massa, paddock banter said Rosberg was the main contender to be Fernando Alonso’s next teammate.

But Keke Rosberg, the 1982 world champion, and the highly rated Mercedes driver’s father, was dead against the Ferrari move.

“He was just beside himself, saying that I should stay [at Mercedes] 110 per cent,” 26-year-old Rosberg is quoted by Sport Bild.

“At the same time,” the German added, “I was also quite certain that Mercedes is the best place for me.”

But Rosberg admits that a lot of his Monaco-domiciled friends are keen Ferrari supporters.

“Some of the more patriotic of them were a little upset when I extended my contract,” he revealed, “but I really believe in this project.”

Rosberg said his goal for 2012 is more than three podiums, to beat his 2010 tally.

“That would be a great step on the way to the title, which is what we want to be fighting for in the coming years,” he said.

I don't think we need Rosberg either!

And just remind me how many races Keke won the year he won his WDC?

You know what is funny? If you actually read the quotes, there's no mention of Ferrari at all!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerhard Berger View Post
    You know what is funny? If you actually read the quotes, there's no mention of Ferrari at all!
    I noticed that too. I clicked on that story the other day thinking it would reveal that Ferrari had definitely offered Nico some kind of contract, but what do you know...
    Forza Jules

Hamilton (ooops! sorry, wrong forum!)