Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: FIA concludes analysis of Scuderia Ferrari Power Unit reaches settlement with Ferrari

Exclamation FIA concludes analysis of Scuderia Ferrari Power Unit reaches settlement with Ferrari

The FIA announces that, after thorough technical investigations, it has concluded its analysis of the operation of the Scuderia Ferrari Formula 1 Power Unit and reached a settlement with the team. The specifics of the agreement will remain between the parties.

The FIA and Scuderia Ferrari have agreed to a number of technical commitments that will improve the monitoring of all Formula 1 Power Units for forthcoming championship seasons as well as assist the FIA in other regulatory duties in Formula 1 and in its research activities on carbon emissions and sustainable fuels.

https://www.fia.com/news/fia-conclud...tst9243HILGnzw
    ---
    Wow, talk abut igniting the fire
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

Perhaps our cars are painted red for a reason other than it being the Italian racing colour........embarrassment, yet again!

This is a disaster, I mean, it basicly confirms to all non-Ferrari fans that the post-summer sudden emergence of Ferrari were cheating. And then after the technical directive we were nowhere, and this season it appears the engine is not state of the art either. Ferrari lost both on track and its reputation now Really sad. I would rather have played it fair than this, a few poles and 2 wins is nothing compared to the price.

The FIA just made a mockery of the sport regardless what they found out, who will punish them?

Quote Originally Posted by Lesky View Post
    The FIA just made a mockery of the sport regardless what they found out, who will punish them?

How long have you been watching F1???

F1 teams have been "cheating" since the start of F1. I'm all for it BTW re: finding loopholes or "cheating"

If you ain't finding them, you're not trying hard enough.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post

F1 teams have been "cheating" since the start of F1. I'm all for it BTW re: finding loopholes or "cheating"

What Ferrari allegedly did was hiding a breach of rules. DAS for example is not hiding anything, big difference. FIA should put all cards on the table, Ferrari comes across as cheaters and liars - its a slaughter house on neutral forums! All that talk from Binotto about Ferrari immediately switching to get more downforce and losing all power just after the technical directive made...
    Last edited by Lesky; 28th February 2020 at 17:42.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesky View Post
    What Ferrari allegedly did was hiding a breach of rules. DAS for example is not hiding anything, big difference. FIA should put all cards on the table, Ferrari comes across as cheaters and liars - its a slaughter house on neutral forums! All that talk from Binotto about Ferrari immediately switching to get more downforce and losing all power just after the technical directive made...

DAS (Mercedes) - wait till Oz, let's see if one of the teams "complains" to the Stewards about it.

Cheats in F1

2006 MonacoGP - Schumi stopped his car at La Rascasse.

2002 AustrianGP - Todt told Rubens to move over for Schumi for the win. Crowd boo-ed Schumi.

2005 San Marino - BAR banned for the next 2 races.

2009 Australian GP - Hamilton - Trulli "liegate"

2007 F1 season - "Spygate"

1994 F1 season - "traction control"

2010 GermanGP - team orders banned from F1

2009 F1 season - Brawn F1 "double decker diffuser"

2008 SingaporeGP - Piquet "ordered" to crash his car so Alonso got ahead of the safety car.

2017 F1 season - Mercedes and RedBull's FRIC system got banned

this is just a few and more "recent" "cheats" in F1.

At least we now know that Ferrari's engine department does contain some bright minds. If Mercedes knew it, they would have done it too. To bypass the rules without getting caught easily is the work of clever minds.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    At least we now know that Ferrari's engine department does contain some bright minds. If Mercedes knew it, they would have done it too. To bypass the rules without getting caught easily is the work of clever minds.
    +1

DAS (Mercedes) - wait till Oz, let's see if one of the teams "complains" to the Stewards about it.

Cheats in F1

2006 MonacoGP - Schumi stopped his car at La Rascasse.

2002 AustrianGP - Todt told Rubens to move over for Schumi for the win. Crowd boo-ed Schumi.

2005 San Marino - BAR banned for the next 2 races.

2009 Australian GP - Hamilton - Trulli "liegate"

2007 F1 season - "Spygate"

1994 F1 season - "traction control"

2010 GermanGP - team orders banned from F1

2009 F1 season - Brawn F1 "double decker diffuser"

2008 SingaporeGP - Piquet "ordered" to crash his car so Alonso got ahead of the safety car.

2017 F1 season - Mercedes and RedBull's FRIC system got banned

this is just a few and more "recent" "cheats" in F1.
    Add illegal secret tire test to your list - 0 repercussions for Merc with that one.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Well done to Ferrari for trying. I hope they continue to explore the boundaries of the rule book and remain as aggressive as ever.

If rival teams and fans think we're cheating then so be it, let them cry as much as they want.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Perhaps our cars are painted red for a reason other than it being the Italian racing colour........embarrassment, yet again!
    There's nothing to be embarrassed about.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    leave him alone....he's truly a troll....or a Merc fan....lololol
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

No car have ever win without exploring the loopholes. Cheating is only when you get caught. Mercedes was the firt team to win pole positions with fuel from the turbo, then they invented oil burning. +1 to Ferrari, they won and didn't get caught

EXACTAMENTE!

Considering what Ferrari had to put up with regarding our PU, like the FIA reveiling about our double battery system, having to run extra sensors, everyone trying to destabilise our team, im really glad for Ferrari for doing what they did.

They brought us 7 consecutive poles. I hope they bring something similar again this year and let others scratch their heads for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    The red is also due to the embarrassment from every interview Biotto gives! If Ferrari wins a race he will turn bright red knowing he said it wouldn't happen for a while , their just not ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    The red is also due to the embarrassment from every interview Biotto gives! If Ferrari wins a race he will turn bright red knowing he said it wouldn't happen for a while , their just not ready.
    Wow, the amount of hate you have for Ferrari management, its drivers and the team is truly an embarrassment.
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Quote Originally Posted by vcs316 View Post
    Wow, the amount of hate you have for Ferrari management, its drivers and the team is truly an embarrassment.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Add illegal secret tire test to your list - 0 repercussions for Merc with that one.
    yep, that's a big one because we all know how important tyres are in F1 performance. The double standards in this sport are quite spectacular.

I don't care about if it's embarrassing or not, what matters though is, that it confirms that our engine was a beast because of this and the loss of speed since the US GP was not thanks to the added downforce. That means our engine is no longer special compared to Mercedes and we lost our only sizable advantage.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    I don't care about if it's embarrassing or not, what matters though is, that it confirms that our engine was a beast because of this and the loss of speed since the US GP was not thanks to the added downforce. That means our engine is no longer special compared to Mercedes and we lost our only sizable advantage.
    We do not know what the engine for this season provides and what will do later. We just do not know.

Otherwise I really do not mind any settlement or even "cheating". Ferrari was trying to do something against the Mercedes domination. They failed, but at least tried. I am comfortable with it.

Just to clarify my comment above, I am 100% a Ferrari tifoso (not a Merc troll which I find insulting) but still find it hard to swallow that we will be perceived as cheaters, not for the first time. All teams have tried to be inventive over the years, and surely IF the transgression had been that influential to our performance, why have the FIA allowed such a settlement, presumably a big fine for the team? It also might explain why our performance dropped off again towards the end of the 2019 season and our testing times for 2020 have been less than electrifying! I'm not sure whether to believe anything Binotto says now.

You can say goodbye to any title this year.

FIA cheating/abusing power to help Mercedes again, nothing new.
    Last edited by Tifoso Svedese; 29th February 2020 at 12:23.

Ferrari were voted best engine manufactures in the world in 2019.There f1 engine was that good that it tormented all other teams to the point of having it investigated and then wound back.If Ferraris 2019 engine principle was in the 2020 chassis the Ferrari would totally dominate and blow mercedes of the park, ruining the Lewis Hamilton party for 7 titles and matching Micheal Schumacher. Ferrari are innovators the rest just copy and when they can't or don't know how they run to the fia.2021 will be a messy year Ferrari could just walk away if they walk f1 will be a distant memory as mercedes will walk also, leaving Dr Death Marko and red bull as the f1 town clowns.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    leave him alone....he's truly a troll....or a Merc fan....lololol
    Umm...What!?

If you think @wisepie is a Merc fan or a troll, then you're very very wrong.

Having an engine seized is pretty bad and I think it's clear Ferrari were cheating. F1 and Motorsports in general is about finding loop holes and bending the rules, playing in the grey, whatever. But this was enough to force Ferrari to change their design, which supposedly has reduced power compared to last year. Even if it's a 20 hp drop, that is significant. If Merc has found 5-10 horsepower and is more efficient and driveable, well that's going to be a pretty big gap.

I personally find it hard to believe Mercedes hasn't been bending the rules in their engine department for some time. They have had some big advantages over Renault, Ferrari, and Honda for years. Ferrari had to cheat just to catch up. There are only so many places to find power with restricted fuel flow regulations.

Just to clarify my comment above, I am 100% a Ferrari tifoso (not a Merc troll which I find insulting) but still find it hard to swallow that we will be perceived as cheaters, not for the first time. All teams have tried to be inventive over the years, and surely IF the transgression had been that influential to our performance, why have the FIA allowed such a settlement, presumably a big fine for the team? It also might explain why our performance dropped off again towards the end of the 2019 season and our testing times for 2020 have been less than electrifying! I'm not sure whether to believe anything Binotto says now.
    Here's my simple take: what Ferrari did was technically legal, but against the spirit of the regulations. The "settlement" is Ferrari agreeing with FIA not to use it again.
    I think some of us need to calm down and stop making mountain out of a molehill. Our PU wasn't illegal, otherwise the FIA would have said so. It very well may have been in the grey area and disclosing that secret would mean disclosing the technical aspects of the PU.