Page 14 of 62 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272839 ... LastLast

Thread: Australian Grand Prix 2012 - Albert Park - Race 1

Quote Originally Posted by wacc View Post
    lol, the information from joseluisf1 has become true again?
    His info sounds favorable for Ferrari, so we'll believe him this time.

Don't play dumb with me. I'm better at it than you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Axelsson View Post
    Ferrari still unsure about progress after mixed weather keeps it guessing
    Its the not knowing that's killing me... ahhh.. what rotten luck it had to rain.

Quote Originally Posted by medeni73 View Post
    Warning! Warning! joseluisf1 ahead so non-believers please skip this post :)

"The magic floor seems to be working. It is well adapted to the current exhausts position. They are still using the current sidepods.

On the other hand, Vettel has noticed the lack of the off throttle. The updated ECU’s software makes it impossible.

By the look of thing, the f2012 is quite competitive on a single lap, as Alonso said. Let’s hope they keep the pace during the race

With the floor and any other parts, they have gained some downforce and better balance and traction, but they don’t know how much.

Apparently, we won’t see the definitive version of the sidepods until China. Tonight, they will improve the setup and the combination of different parts"

and before anyone says "there is no new magic floor!":

So if I understand correctly, this is a brand new floor we didn't have in Barcelona?

Quote Originally Posted by Red is Best View Post
    So if I understand correctly, this is a brand new floor we didn't have in Barcelona?
    Apparently so!

"I cannot judge what he did in his time at Renault and McLaren but I have worked with World Champions Schumacher, Villeneuve and Raikkonen and Fernando is the one who impresses me the most," said Gene.

Quote Originally Posted by Red is Best View Post
    No one can say for sure if that floor is new/post Barcelona or simply a spare floor. Personally I am very skeptical of the 'information' provided by joseluisf1. All the tweets during the winter of an 'advanced material Byrne designed' floor are nonsense. The air doesn't care what material the floor is made of, and it is a non-structural part of the car. The floor is also a very simple component save for the diffuser area, by rule it has to be flat until the very rear of the car. Granted it has profound effect on the performance of the car, but no one is going to make some magical floor at this point, the rules are to constrained to allow it.

Quote Originally Posted by f300v10 View Post
    No one can say for sure if that floor is new/post Barcelona or simply a spare floor. Personally I am very skeptical of the 'information' provided by joseluisf1. All the tweets during the winter of an 'advanced material Byrne designed' floor are nonsense. The air doesn't care what material the floor is made of, and it is a non-structural part of the car. The floor is also a very simple component save for the diffuser area, by rule it has to be flat until the very rear of the car. Granted it has profound effect on the performance of the car, but no one is going to make some magical floor at this point, the rules are to constrained to allow it.
    As you can see at RB8, floors can be quite complicated :)

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    i think it has been dropped to 10% or so for this year, and i think all teams are using from what i've read on here on previous posts...
    but in NO WAY is anything to what they were using last year which i think it was up to 70% or more on OFF throttle...
    so to answer your question, i think it will hurt them a LOT and they are losing the gain benefit they had last year
    Engine overrun and off-throtle are two different things. You have an active engine overrun (realised by more agressive mappings) and a passive one (off-throtle). Second one is limited to 10%, agressive engine mappings are not forbiden, but their free use is limited, so that you cant run an agressive mapping on Saturday and then change it with a different one.

i don't remember, but i think BBC/JA did say the byrne floor was legit. and i read something in gazzetta that said it worked well with original exhausts. maybe that is why it was shelved?

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Quote Originally Posted by scuderiafan View Post
    i don't remember, but i think BBC/JA did say the byrne floor was legit. and i read something in gazzetta that said it worked well with original exhausts. maybe that is why it was shelved?
    Please find some source. This sort of information is always a pleasure for our suffering souls.

I was speaking of the bottom part of the floor i.e. the part in contact with the airflow. Which courtesy of Mr. Massa we can clearly see here:

Did someone noticed this one:

d12aus2210.jpg

I was speaking of the bottom part of the floor i.e. the part in contact with the airflow. Which courtesy of Mr. Massa we can clearly see here:
    Agree, on the bottom part of the floor there is no interesting or complicated thing. When you talk about "floor" normally there is meant the rear area between sidepods and rear wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by FER View Post
    Agree, on the bottom part of the floor there is no interesting or complicated thing. When you talk about "floor" normally there is meant the rear area between sidepods and rear wheels.
    Thats from our view but for F1 aero guys, the floor is everything from the T in the front to the diffuser in the back.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Yes, the area generally known as the diffuser. The thing is every team knows how important the diffuser is to the performance of a modern F1 car, so the area is constantly analyzed and optimized. But after 2 seasons with the same geometric limits on that area, you are not going to suddenly find a new 'magic' shape that gives a major improvement in downforce/performance. Improving the pace of the F2012 will be done by making many small improvements that added together are large. Don't expect some new mystery floor to suddenly make the F2012 all better. Clearly getting some form of EBD working on the F2012 (as they originally planned) would be Ferrari's goal, but that likely won't happen before Spain.

There's nothing much can be done on the floor. Ever since shaped floor or ground effect was banned, the rules strictly dictates that the floor have to be flat like that.

Only thing that can be change is the edges and the diffuser area.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    There's nothing much can be done on the floor. Ever since shaped floor or ground effect was banned, the rules strictly dictates that the floor have to be flat like that.

Only thing that can be change is the edges and the diffuser area.
    I think RB got a very smart idea how to influence air flows in direction to the diffuser.

Please find some source. This sort of information is always a pleasure for our suffering souls.
    i'll try.

EDIT: forget it, i was wrong. the article just said Byrne was very involved, not about the floor.

here it is: http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2012/0...errari-f1-car/

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Yes, the area generally known as the diffuser. The thing is every team knows how important the diffuser is to the performance of a modern F1 car, so the area is constantly analyzed and optimized. But after 2 seasons with the same geometric limits on that area, you are not going to suddenly find a new 'magic' shape that gives a major improvement in downforce/performance. Improving the pace of the F2012 will be done by making many small improvements that added together are large. Don't expect some new mystery floor to suddenly make the F2012 all better. Clearly getting some form of EBD working on the F2012 (as they originally planned) would be Ferrari's goal, but that likely won't happen before Spain.
    As I understand you I suppose you should differentiate between floor and diffuser.

Quote Originally Posted by scuderiafan View Post
    i'll try.

EDIT: forget it, i was wrong. the article just said Byrne was very involved, not about the floor.

here it is: http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2012/0...errari-f1-car/
    Ah, anyway, it was good to remind that Byrne is involved in building F2012, so you have a sure bet, it will not be a flop.

Ah, anyway, it was good to remind that Byrne is involved in building F2012, so you have a sure bet, it will not be a flop.
    stefano has said as much here.
    http://www1.skysports.com/formula1/video/

MB: What happens if this car is just a flop, and not good enough?
    SD: We are not in that situation.

MB: Do you need Newey and Vettel to win in this team?
    Me: Newey parhaps, Vettel is nowhere near has good as Fernando for crying out loud!!! Why is everyone so obsessed with that kid? Get him to Ferrari next season please SD, just for Fernando to wipe the smirk of his face... jeee..

I'm all winded up now Tic Toc tic toc

"I cannot judge what he did in his time at Renault and McLaren but I have worked with World Champions Schumacher, Villeneuve and Raikkonen and Fernando is the one who impresses me the most," said Gene.

I don't know.. but that floor on the Ferrari looks pretty complicated with all the air inlets and vanes at the front. And there are innovations that can be done to the floor... Toro Rosso's double floor is one such. I'm sure the 'floor' is not as simple as you make it out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by tmprikol View Post
    Hello everyone,

Been following this forum for about a year now, and must admit that this is the most friendly F1 forum that I've seen. I decided to join you guys in sharing the same passion for my favorite team Scuderia Ferrari. I wish good luck for our drivers and all the best for the team this season!
    Welcome! And yes, we are the friendliest bunch of fanatics one could imagine....except if the subject is Lewis
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Good Luck to the Red team for the weekend.

I believe they can do it.

May the best man/team win!

If not this weekend eventually we see off all comers from brm, original lotus, mclaren, williams etc etc. We are the greatest winning from generation to generation. Form is temporary class is permanent. We are the class of this field and every field theres ever been. Forza Ferrari. ps 1st time poster. Followed this site for around 2 years.

Did someone noticed this one:

d12aus2210.jpg
    I'm pretty sure that they're onboard cameras
    Mark Webber: "If you push to try and pass you kill the tyres but if you wait, then you find you're on the same strategy and finish behind them anyway".

Quote Originally Posted by mark p View Post
    If not this weekend eventually we see off all comers from brm, original lotus, mclaren, williams etc etc. We are the greatest winning from generation to generation. Form is temporary class is permanent. We are the class of this field and every field theres ever been. Forza Ferrari. ps 1st time poster. Followed this site for around 2 years.
    Welcome
    I agree with your post completely.

Feels great to post that and get credit for it. 5ry that on other forums. I'm buzzing so much for the season to start. 2 hours sleep last night mayb none tonight, 2 gallons of coffee so far. If we get pole I'm going to explode.

Quote Originally Posted by mark p View Post

Wise words my friend!!! welcome aboard, it's always nice reading from more and more true ferrari fans.

T
    he art isn't in never falling but in always getting up.

Hey guys!
    Here in the UK it says Qualifying at 6:00am...
    Now is that the time they set off for the track.. So I gotta be up at 5 for the talk before?

Or is it 6 for the talk and then 7 for the actually qualifying? :)

Thanks!