Page 19 of 62 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031323344 ... LastLast

Thread: Australian Grand Prix 2012 - Albert Park - Race 1

And if we only think of last years pole being around 1.23 and the F150 being in much better shape and not forgetting we never had a good diffuser system... What if... :)

Quote Originally Posted by Alfa159 View Post
    I agree .... but we seem to have these problems every year of recent times!
    sometimes these things happen specially in a sport where they are pushing the boundaries and changing the rules all the time

stop the negative thinking, we must support our team. we are fly this afternoon quali.

Quote Originally Posted by FER View Post
    Exactly my thoughts. It doesnt really matter if we start P15, P10 or P5 as far as even Alonso cannot control the car in long runs. And on the other hand it still doesnt matter as far as we find a good setup and F2012 is competitive in the race where we can make up the worse quali.
    Would be nice to have real Quali speed, and get P1 and P2. Let Alonso fly away on Sunday and Massa blocking the rest for as long as he can =))

maybe the pull-rod front suspension is the spanner in the works...

Guys, I am sorry to say that, but you are blinded. Even the team members admitited that we are not able to post times the top teams posted. We ARE slow. We are in even worse possition than last year and there is no way to win WDC/WCC no even a race if we will not come with somathing mirraculous. Get ready for pain.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by johncnet View Post
    stop the negative thinking, we must support our team. we are fly this afternoon quali.
    Agree

Quote Originally Posted by vcs316 View Post
    Easier said than done! The team has said earlier that we will not be upto speed for the first 4 races.. Mugello testing coming up too; thats where we can find a solution to our problems...
    I cannot understand why are you waiting for this test. We have Free Practices where you can test anything and put in some sensors. We have than hundreds of kilometres, a whole race, to test and try anything we want to.

Quote Originally Posted by gazoz View Post
    sometimes these things happen specially in a sport where they are pushing the boundaries and changing the rules all the time
    That's right ...but this applies to all teams, not just Ferrari and they've been in the business long enough so they should adapt as well!

will see this afternoon we quali in P4 and P5 in the race end we end up on podium, that how it look like, stop all the nonsence

Quote Originally Posted by Curbs View Post
    Would be nice to have real Quali speed, and get P1 and P2. Let Alonso fly away on Sunday and Massa blocking the rest for as long as he can =))

my prediction this afternoon are we in between P3 to P6 if alonso can make it to P3 it bonus after taking into acc our preparation of testing part still on going and the potential of the car still not meet the target. it a brand new car without evolution or revolutionary from last year car like the other team which are working on last year car into this year.
    Hmmm, seeing how Q3 went, I have to say you are the most optimistic person around here, I do admit that there is a chance that we are not seeing the full potential for qualy but what seems strange to me is why would Ferrari run P3 with full tanks ?

They never did it before, surely P3 is for qualy setup.

I have seen them p14 or worse before Friday when they were indeed running very heavy but P3 never before.

I am preparing myself for the worse while expecting the best it would be socking if we are that far behind, I am watching F1 for 15 years and I never seen Ferrari in such a bad shape.

I stick to what I said last year. I really prefer this outcome (if it is as bad as it looks) rather than Ferrari being closer to the top (but yet chasing the others with a conservative design)
    We took a gamble that didnīt pay off. But its ok for me. At least we are doing something. And WHEN we get things working, all the others will have to scrap their finetuning concepts, and start with brand new basis as well to catch up with us.

will see this afternoon we quali in P4 and P5 in the race end we end up on podium, that how it look like, stop all the nonsence
    Yea, sure. I hope you can handle the shock that will come in few hours. I have had mine a while ago and I will not hop on this "blinded believing" again. It would my end.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseman View Post
    maybe the pull-rod front suspension is the spanner in the works...
    No it doesnt. The spanner in the works is the rear and the lack of downforce there. No downforce, no grip. No grip, no control. No control, no Q3. No Q3, no P10. No P10, no points :)

Quote Originally Posted by FER View Post
    No it doesnt. The spanner in the works is the rear and the lack of downforce there. No downforce, no grip. No grip, no control. No control, no Q3. No Q3, no P10. No P10, no points :)
    I will add: No points, no WDC/WCC.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaudiuCojo View Post
    Hmmm, seeing how Q3 went, I have to say you are the most optimistic person around here, I do admit that there is a chance that we are not seeing the full potential for qualy but what seems strange to me is why would Ferrari run P3 with full tanks ?

They never did it before, surely P3 is for qualy setup.

I have seen them p14 or worse before Friday when they were indeed running very heavy but P3 never before.

I am preparing myself for the worse while expecting the best it would be socking if we are that far behind, I am watching F1 for 15 years and I never seen Ferrari in such a bad shape.
    proof me wrong this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Yea, sure. I hope you can handle the shock that will come in few hours. I have had mine a while ago and I will not hop on this "blinded believing" again. It would my end.
    Relax guys. We were waiting impatiently for the start of the season, so lets just enjoy it no matter what happens.

we are in front few hours not the way around.

By the way, Aldo Costa must be laughing really hard now...

we are in front few hours not the way around.

last year alonso did 1.24.9 with the F150 without blown diffuser and without any off-throttle blow, and this years soft tyres are 0.2 to 0.3 faster.
    Lets bring the f150 to malaysia instead of this rallye car.

i don't think aldo costa laughing really hard, aldo costa thinking very hard at this moment otherwise he will transfer to marussia or hrt.

As far as Mercedes are 1 sec. ahead, it sounds very reasonably to me.

Yeah, but he hasnīt a red shirt to attract females with. Now he will have to rely on his own looks...what will he do with all his sparetime

Guys, I am sorry to say that, but you are blinded. Even the team members admitited that we are not able to post times the top teams posted. We ARE slow. We are in even worse possition than last year and there is no way to win WDC/WCC no even a race if we will not come with somathing mirraculous. Get ready for pain.
    Nobody is blinded here, just a different way to accept this truth. What's the point of all those gloom and doom?

Pain? If the results weren't good enough, who should be in more pain, the fans or the team itself? Here it is almost like we represent the team and we worked hard for it. Sometimes it's rather funny to see that if a team doesn't deliver, the fans feel ashamed because the team owed them the results.

My prediction, Fernando just make it to Q3, Felipe only Q2. The teams are closer than ever this year, top 13 cars separated by 1 second. Slipped a bit and there are Mercedes, Renault, Force India, and probably Sauber to fill the spot.

This season is the least predictable, but the car look really bad to hope for some luck.

Might be a long few races for us Ferrari fans-maybe improvements when the Euro part of the season starts...

FP1&FP2 Alonso was 4th. FP3 - whatever program they had, you'd think they'd want to try some quali runs over the course of FP3 just to see how close/far they were versus the other teams. It is worrying no matter what they were trying.

From looking at FP3, Q3 seems to be a stretch. We shall see soon enough.

Forza Ferrari!