Page 20 of 62 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132333445 ... LastLast

Thread: Australian Grand Prix 2012 - Albert Park - Race 1

Quote Originally Posted by OSS EL BOSS View Post
    last year alonso did 1.24.9 with the F150 without blown diffuser and without any off-throttle blow, and this years soft tyres are 0.2 to 0.3 faster.
    Lets bring the f150 to malaysia instead of this rallye car.
    Yes, but that was in Quali! We havenīt seen this years quali yet....calm down ffs!

Quote Originally Posted by FER View Post
    As far as Mercedes are 1 sec. ahead, it sounds very reasonably to me.
    Sadly, I've got feeling that Fry is McLaren's mole right now. I can't believe, that we have built car so bad. This year should have been "easy" for us. No DDD, not extreme blowing... these are quite normal F1 cars and we were good in these. How could we messed it up that much?

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Jaime Alguersuari: I do not believe that is the ferraris true pace.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/17411896

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Quote Originally Posted by Curbs View Post
    Yes, but that was in Quali! We havenīt seen this years quali yet....calm down ffs!
    Oh, I think this time is waaay out of reach for us mate. Or Marc Gené is the biggest troll in F1 history.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Sadly, I've got feeling that Fry is McLaren's mole right now. I can't believe, that we have built car so bad. This year should have been "easy" for us. No DDD, not extreme blowing... these are quite normal F1 cars and we were good in these. How could we messed it up that much?
    Maybe the team has gone too innovative, so that the car is too hard to understand? Especially with limited testing now, building a revolutionary car poses a risk of not having enough time to gather enough data and study the car's behaviour in different conditions. So we'll keep seeing the team struggle and suddenly spring to life in races, because the team has not truly understood all the depths of the car and how to maximise its true potential.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi_kaka View Post
    Nobody is blinded here, just a different way to accept this truth. What's the point of all those gloom and doom?

Pain? If the results weren't good enough, who should be in more pain, the fans or the team itself? Here it is almost like we represent the team and we worked hard for it. Sometimes it's rather funny to see that if a team doesn't deliver, the fans feel ashamed because the team owed them the results.
    If you won't accept it, you will be in pain every race. You will always hope that this time it will be better but at the end... it will not. And you will be devastated once again. If you want that, OK. I learned my lesson in previous years.

Rather first from the bottom than 2nd to the top. I still belive in this car

OK, lets face the facts. With 1.26:121 (last years FP3 time in Australia) Alonso would be now in a Mercedes shape, assuming that the F150 is that bad as it was at the start of the season 2011. Further more we have a softer and quicker compund this year. No matter how you see it or what you think of the way Ferrari work, but the truth is with an evolution of the F150 we would be somewhere on the top actually :)

what many people do not know is that pat fry does not have any graduation !!!!!!!!!!

From wikipedia:

Fry was born in Shepperton, Surrey, England. After attempting several engineering courses, he became an apprentice at Thorn EMI in 1981. While at Thorn EMI, he completed a day-release course in electronics at the City of London Polytechnic. He moved onto Thorn's missile programmes, before deciding to leave the company in 1987 to pursue a career in motorsport.

The bigger joke is:

He is the technical head of Ferrari, the greatest team in F1 history !!!

If you won't accept it, you will be in pain every race. You will always hope that this time it will be better but at the end... it will not. And you will be devastated once again. If you want that, OK. I learned my lesson in previous years.
    So? I'm happy enough to watch a Ferrari on the track.

what many people do not know is that pat fry does not have any graduation !!!!!!!!!!

From wikipedia:

Fry was born in Shepperton, Surrey, England. After attempting several engineering courses, he became an apprentice at Thorn EMI in 1981. While at Thorn EMI, he completed a day-release course in electronics at the City of London Polytechnic. He moved onto Thorn's missile programmes, before deciding to leave the company in 1987 to pursue a career in motorsport.

The bigger joke is:

Dont worry, many great heads have no graduation, and that is no reason not to be genius.

Dont worry, many great heads have no graduation, and that is no reason not to be genius.
    He was hired from Mclaren after he built the disasterous mp4-24.
    And the man who developed the car to a race winner at mid season was paddy lowe not him.

It seems that red bull and lotus are going to protest against the f-duct rear wing of mercedes.

And the man who developed the car to a race winner at mid season was paddy lowe not him.
    A one man effort in both cases then

From wikipedia:

The bigger joke is:

He was technical director of McLaren when Lewis won his championship...Does that say anything to you?No?Okay then..

The Mclaren structure is very different from ours or RBs. There is no head of aerodynamics leading a project, but rather a team of many engineers developing. There is no real hierarchy in any technical departmen, so please do not blame Pat Fry too rashly. I believe in him.

Do you guys have some good quality stream please? Everything I was able to find was low-res or not working

Do you guys have some good quality stream please? Everything I was able to find was low-res or not working
    http://www.vipbox.tv/watch/32669/1/s...am-online.html

Yep, this is the one that's not working for me right now

Mate, you are so right right with it! I can't not watch any more races hoping that from next one with big (newer coming) update our car will be competitive. It's not even started and we are 16th and 18th in qualifying trim?!? I am speechless...

Well we shall now see were Ferrari really is....

Channel 10 in Australia just announced a "rumour" from the pits that Red Bull are going to protest against the Merc.

Looking at that pic of Shu with his beached Merc. Anyone else notice that when his car was being pulled out of the trap, Schu kept his hands on the front wing pulling the car down and covering it as much as he could. It was clear to see he didnt want anyone to see the underside.

Funny how that when the Ferrari was being taken to the pits after Massa's off that the whole bottom of the F2012 was visible to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Mate, you are so right right with it! I can't not watch any more races hoping that from next one with big (newer coming) update our car will be competitive. It's not even started and we are 16th and 18th in qualifying trim?!? I am speechless...
    Sorry for disappointing you, but this is F1. Winning or loosing, there is always the pleasure watching the Ferraris racing and hoping for a better start next round, no matter where we are in the table.

Now we need a clear shot of merc's front nose cross section, when the nose cone is off. That should show us if there's any channel for the air to go through which may hint that the front wing is being blown by the rear wing inlet.

We now know the front wing have that gap, and the rear wing have an inlet. Question is are they connected? If not, then the front wing gap must be fed from somewhere else

Sorry for disappointing you, but this is F1. Winning or loosing, there is always the pleasure watching the Ferraris racing and hoping for a better start next round, no matter where we are in the table.
    Yeah, yeah... I had much of that "pleasure" watching Ferrari loosing...

OK, lets face the facts. With 1.26:121 (last years FP3 time in Australia) Alonso would be now in a Mercedes shape, assuming that the F150 is that bad as it was at the start of the season 2011. Further more we have a softer and quicker compund this year. No matter how you see it or what you think of the way Ferrari work, but the truth is with an evolution of the F150 we would be somewhere on the top actually :)
    I guess they kept some positives from the F150, I can't believe we're slower than last year at the start of the season.

In any case it doesn't look good but let's wait one hour to find out.

Why don't you just wait until after qaulifying before you start this talk. It makes me laugh that some people would stick there neck out so close to when we actually find out the truth. I'm not saying we are going to blitz the field in qaulifying but I would rather stay reserved until after qauli than have knee jerker before its even started.
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lo52ws9xLo1qlt7lao1_500.gif