Page 7 of 62 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920213257 ... LastLast

Thread: Australian Grand Prix 2012 - Albert Park - Race 1

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Yep. I guess it would be better if we were using the F150 with few upgrades. Nicely balanced at the end of the year and was working like a beast without off throtle blowing.
    Well, who knows. Everybody wanted changes and a new Ferrari way. Here it is. Just think about what would happen if we went on track today and struggled as a 4th quickest team with an evolution of the F150.

Quote Originally Posted by johncnet View Post
    anyway my conclusion are it testing i'm sure our team can solve the rear grip
    We always say right that again and again...but in Q3..we're P8 or worst...we need "out of the box" solution for this circumtance.

I still think red bull is fastest, then mclaren and then us and mercedes.
    Do not forget that from last season mclaren were used to run with less fuel than red bull and ferrari in the first practice session.
    So after the second practice we will know more.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermann View Post
    That was the idea.
    Your right that was thd idea, and thats what makes this look so bad for Ferrari. We started working on this car so early and went "aggressive" with the design, and STILL, we are not starting strong, we are starting bad. Cant believe it, im filthy about it.
    But lets hope they get this car sorted ASAP!
    CUT ME. CUT YOU. BOTH OUR BLOOD IS FERRARI RED!

@FER..could you please refrain from swearing?

Why does the Mac look so good and does not have a funny nose? Sort of blows the whole funny nose concept, doesnt it?
    I hope all of the other teams see that and dump dem noses. They r just plain ugly.

I think Ferrari was def trying a different setup on FA's last run. As Tony mentioned, the car looked planted on his earlier runs, really, it looked planted most of the session
    until the end. @ Ferrari..lets not use that last setup.

Quote Originally Posted by OSS EL BOSS View Post
    I still think red bull is fastest, then mclaren and then us and mercedes.
    Do not forget that from last season mclaren were used to run with less fuel than red bull and ferrari in the first practice session.
    So after the second practice we will know more.
    I remember Fernando got a nickname "King of Fridays" because of his FPs top positions. What do you mean?

maybe it's just a silly observation but most of the teams seems to have a really developed front wing and ours seems very "plain"...

Not looking good and jesus Felipe, first practice, and he is already doing silly mistakes. It's really too early to say anything but obviously we are behind at least 3 teams, my main fear is that we will do good in qualifying and the race will be a disaster, like in Barcelona last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    @FER..could you please refrain from swearing?
    Swearing? I even was not being pessimistic, just explaining and defending the new way our team has taken.

Quote Originally Posted by FER View Post
    I remember Fernando got a nickname "King of Fridays" because of his FPs top positions. What do you mean?
    Mclaren were fastest at the most of the 1. practices of last season with a big gap behind them but no more in qualifying, Ferrari did run heavier in the first prarctice.

Swearing? I even was not being pessimistic, just explaining and defending the new way our team has taken.
    Check your PM's.

Don't play dumb with me. I'm better at it than you are.

Quote Originally Posted by OSS EL BOSS View Post
    Mclaren were fastest at the most of the 1. practices of last season with a big gap behind them but no more in qualifying, Ferrari did run heavier in the first prarctice.
    FP1 or FP2, both running fridays. And we were always top on fridays last season.

FP1 or FP2, both running fridays. And we were always top on fridays last season.
    just wait till second practice and you will see....we will look better

Lets just hope we could find some more downforce in the rear by changing settings. That is our only chance for this Sunday.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Looks like I missed some action. Decided to went back to bed after seeing the track wet and drivers waiting around out of the car.

I hope I won't have to eat my words about Merc not being able to beat us Fine by me if we're not faster than McLaren at the moment... but if we're behind Merc, I'm going to lose it

One disappointing thing though is that they mentioned at the beginning that Horner said they'll have to try that Merc "F-duct" thing. Looks like there's another new thing everyone have to chase after, as if we haven't already have our hands full.

Reading Charlie Whiting comment about he, it sounds like he's just making the rules up as they go along. One moment they say the brake activated thing is wrong, but now they turn around and say this DRS activated thing is fine.

not to be sarcastic or pessimistic but where is this revolutionary floor I heard so much about during the winter?

Morning Guys.. Albert Park is always a bit of an Iffy track.. especially with the wet conditions, can't really tell what's what.. and besides it's FP-Bloody-1!! Malaysia will be a proper place to see the pecking order.
    Oh, and on a personal note.. was brilliant watching the 2 Mercs Trading Fastest times halfway thru the session
    Michael Schumacher - the best there was, the best there is, and the best there ever will be!

The car was behaving well until lap 20..then it started to slide about a lot...Alonso ran the most number of laps on those set of hard tires than Ham & but...guess he was trying to see how fast he can go on those set of used tires...15 quick laps on the same set,doing consistently good laps will wear them out...P2 will give us a clearer picture i guess..

Quote Originally Posted by Fer12 View Post
    The car was behaving well until lap 20..then it started to slide about a lot...Alonso ran the most number of laps on those set of hard tires than Ham & but...guess he was trying to see how fast he can go on those set of used tires...15 quick laps on the same set,doing consistently good laps will wear them out...P2 will give us a clearer picture i guess..
    P2 is gonna be more about long runs.. also, it's just rained there, again.. it's gonna be anyone's games by the looks of it!
    Michael Schumacher - the best there was, the best there is, and the best there ever will be!

#F1 #Melbourne radar update 15:13 EDT: Showers now under 10km due west of Albert Park and tracking E towards the circuit. Possibly heavy.
    Very dark clouds making their way to the track, coming in from behind the start/finish straight grandstands. Get your umbrellas ready.

another wasted practice for testing new parts...btw does official F1 live timing works for you guys?

Quote Originally Posted by DJN4CER View Post
    not to be sarcastic or pessimistic but where is this revolutionary floor I heard so much about during the winter?
    Maybe it was part of the primary exhaust solution that didnt work.

kobayashi just tweeted that there's a lot of rain now
    not gonna change my profile picture

Maybe it was part of the primary exhaust solution that didnt work.
    Oh I see, reading through all these posts it seems were not looking so good after the first practice. At least I can watch the next practice that's coming up, here's hoping we do better.

any pics of Ferrari's exhaust???

Rain has now stopped, sun's breaking out, marshals frantically trying to sweep up lake-like puddles at Turn Nine and elsewhere

Just read on Autosport that whiting is going to try to change the rules for next year to eliminate the stepped nose.
    I guess Im not the only one who thinks they are just plain butt ugly. Not only were Macs fastest, they look better n everyone else.
    I do think the Ferrari is killer looking...except for the nose.

Raining? Then Im going to bed.
    Wait, did u say the suns out? Im staying up.

Anyone sick of biased Autosport live commentry, can try this:

http://en.espnf1.com/australia/motor...ace/54623.html