Page 40 of 62 FirstFirst ... 152627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1843

Thread: Australian Grand Prix 2012 - Albert Park - Race 1

Quote Originally Posted by Paulo Goncalves View Post
    Hi Guys. Alonso was a bit unhappy because is off track. He was only!? one second far from the leader, maybe tomorrow he will do better than today. Fuerza Fernando! P.S.- why Kimi is so far from the french with Renault?
    Looking at Q2 times, Alonso's time was only +0.29 seconds off Mr Pastor. He should be able to easily get ahead of all the guys up to P8, depending on how easy to overtake. The hard part would be fighting against the Merc and Red Bull, but we can be happy if we're up there among them.

Quote Originally Posted by Forzi View Post
    People should have this discusion elsewhere. Make a new thread or something. I come to this thread to read about how's everything at the race track, any news about what the team is thinking, driver comments, or atleast people discusing about these things ect. NOT to see how people are planing out the teams future by sacking everything in 10 kilometer radius of Maranello...
    Yeah well said. I came here looking for the same thing and I've had to sift through pages of doom and gloom and armchair-aerodynamicists unrivalled opinions

Yeah just saw Sky pre Q show and they showed the Merc f-duct and the ddd exploit again, the hole under the led light there they abuse it to suck more air from underneath they car.

Copy copy copy Ferrari!!!!
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Forzi View Post
    Show me a comment in the last few pages, where someone mentioned something about Melbourne, about tomorrows race
    True.

I wonder how many of us are secretely hoping that Alonso can make a flash start, manage the new set of tyres well and gain some positions.

And that Lewis and Vettel have reliability issues, then it starts raining, a few cars crash, and we gain some more.

From what I have seen, I feel that the winner tomorrow will be JB, as he knows how to manage the tyres better than LH, otherwise anything can happen. Safety cars are not unheard of at Melbourne either.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseman View Post
    Yeah well said. I came here looking for the same thing and I've had to sift through pages of doom and gloom and armchair-aerodynamicists unrivalled opinions
    we are all disappointed and rightly so but tomorrow I'm sure it can only get better so lets stay positive even though it looks dimm at moment

We are disapointed about how this season start once again. That is not off topic. We are just being realistic. You came here and started to post insulting comments against me. You succeded in making my day worse. Satisfied?

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

BTW, its Pat Fry's birthday.

@InsideFerrari
    Not a great birthday for Pat Fry, who is 48 today...
    Sounds a little sad though that message

Happy Birthday Pat Fry

So the team needs to find roughly 1 second right after the Mugello test. I really, really hope that is about what the correct exhaust layout will yield. Otherwise it will be time to start thinking about 2013 :(

I refuse to flip out, just because Ferrari didn't get a one-two in Qualifying at the season opener!!
    We have done in the past, only to have a less than memorable rest of the season!!
    Besides, the first race hasn't even begun, so let's not predict gloom and doom and throw the baby out with the bath water!!
    Let's be the true Tifosi Ferrari deserves!!
    There is no point in second guessing what anyone on the team is thinking, basically because we do NOT have ALL the facts!!
    Trust, loyalty, team spirit, that's what true Ferrarista are about!!

GoGooooo !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Agasthya View Post
    So the team needs to find roughly 1 second right after the Mugello test. I really, really hope that is about what the correct exhaust layout will yield. Otherwise it will be time to start thinking about 2013 :(
    and find another 1 second to the test or 0.5 at least if it is not impossible

I set my alarm clock and got up to watch qualifying, very frustrating. Luckily I have my own race to run tomorrow so I can not watch tonight. I will record it and if the result are positive (scoring points) I will watch the race later.
    If Merc’s F-duct is ultimately legal, then not only do we have to develop this POS, we also have to develop a whole new rear and front wing system with all the interconnecting components. How easy is that going to be?????
    This car is a frenetic squirrel.
    Per I ragazzi a Maranello; Questa macchina e un pezzo di merda, risolvere I problemi, ORA.

Quote Originally Posted by Ree View Post
    Just because people feel negative doesn't mean that they are not supportive... I've supported Ferrari for 30 years but I am not going to pretend all is well when it clearly isn't. I'm sure we can all discuss the "issues" in a constructive and adult fashion.
    I was not referring to this type discussion Ree. Of course we can and have to discuss issues and problem with manner, some people just seem to be throwing the toys out the pram a bit to easily with nonconstructive and negative arguments.

"I cannot judge what he did in his time at Renault and McLaren but I have worked with World Champions Schumacher, Villeneuve and Raikkonen and Fernando is the one who impresses me the most," said Gene.

Quote Originally Posted by NanoTheQuickest View Post
    I was not referring to this type discussion Ree. Of course we can and have to discuss issues and problem with manner, some people just seem to be throwing the toys out the pram a bit to easily with nonconstructive and negative arguments.
    Thanks Nano, +1 to the above

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    We are disapointed about how this season start once again. That is not off topic. We are just being realistic. You came here and started to post insulting comments against me. You succeded in making my day worse. Satisfied?
    You've both made your points, it's enough now please....
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

what is up with Massa being 1 second slower than Alonso.. do we need to keep making excuses for his driving? Or is Alonso just tons better?
    we're number one

I need to make one comment about Massa. He 's simply not the same driver he was before his big shunt in 09. Hate to say this, but he should have been let go last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    What insulting comments? Only insulting comments I remember was yours.... You called me a troll, a nobody in life, weak etc etc. None of this bothers me. You make your own day worse. You had roughly 4 opinions to every page in this thread, that's a 160 "opinions". Surely it's valuable data now and Ferrari should seriously have a look at all your telemetry. It's ok to be disappointed but not everyone wants to read your depressing views on every page of this thread

NVM
    we're number one

Quote Originally Posted by Atrani View Post
    I need to make one comment about Massa. He 's simply not the same driver he was before his big shunt in 09.
    Not sure how we could expect him, or any other driver, to be the "same" after a near-death experience like that!

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari4life View Post
    what is up with Massa being 1 second slower than Alonso.. do we need to keep making excuses for his driving? Or is Alonso just tons better?
    Don't forget - Brazil is the biggest marketsharewise market for FIAT. There is also a factory there. Massa in Ferrari team is a political (understand business) problem.

Luckily we will have proper inseason testing next year, and hopefully more than 12 days of testing
    But we need to Be prepared for mugello.
    This disappointment cannot carry on.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Quote Originally Posted by Atrani View Post
    I need to make one comment about Massa. He 's simply not the same driver he was before his big shunt in 09. Hate to say this, but he should have been let go last year.
    I don't think its totally down to that, Felipe has a fragile ego and Hockenheim 2010 crushed his spirit, since then he's been driving terribly.

So Alonso did a markerlap, and then made a mistake and ended up in the graveltrap. That was his mistake, not the car's.
    He never even did a real flying lap and still ends up 12th.
    The car is difficult, sure, but Fernando has always been able to get a lot from difficult cars.
    Where would he have ended up without that mistake? I don't know, but he could surely do a better time than he did now.
    I,m not too afraid for tomorrow's race.
    The car is difficult but reasonably fast. Fernando will push it forward and get points.
    What happened to Felipe I don't know but I also start to worry about him because he just can't get it right anymore....
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

T van R Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Looking at Q2 times, Alonso's time was only +0.29 seconds off Mr Pastor. He should be able to easily get ahead of all the guys up to P8, depending on how easy to overtake. The hard part would be fighting against the Merc and Red Bull, but we can be happy if we're up there among them.
    Nice detail. As i said before we are not that far from front row

What insulting comments? Only insulting comments I remember was yours.... You called me a troll, a nobody in life, weak etc etc. None of this bothers me. You make your own day worse. You had roughly 4 opinions to every page in this thread, that's a 160 "opinions". Surely it's valuable data now and Ferrari should seriously have a look at all your telemetry. It's ok to be disappointed but not everyone wants to read your depressing views on every page of this thread
    You started with this. Your ironic comments were indeed very insulting. We were told to stop, so I will no longer respond to you posts.

Now, as I don't want to be off topic entierly:

Atrani:
    It looks like Felipe indeed needs a great car, with a predictable behavior to be on the absolute top (at least I hope he can still be after the hell he had to come through) while Fernando has an ability to cope even with car, that is the exact opposite. Hopefuly our guys in factory can somehow make the F2012 better so Felipe can show, he still has it.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

I have been a Ferrari fan since about 1980-ish (when Jody joined) and always will be.

I'd still like to know the Italian for '***** ******* shambles'..!

:) :)
    Last edited by Nick Singer; 17th March 2012 at 20:51. Reason: Fully star out swearing please
    Trying to be less angry..

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post
    I have been a Ferrari fan since about 1980-ish (when Jody joined) and always will be.

I'd still like to know the Italian for 'utter shambles'..!
    Without using profanity, try: un gran cassino!!
    Last edited by Julie B; 17th March 2012 at 15:37.

Get the drivers in a car in which it's not actually down to luck how it will act in a corner and then go on about their performence. Untill then i'm not really ready to judge any of our drivers even when they spin in a corner by taking risks to go around the problems of the car, nor when they strugle with the balance of the car.

To the people who are not being too nice to eachother: come on guys, we are all disappointed about the same thing. Don't slam eachother with your frustration, just be mad as hell we did not do well, take a deep breath and continue with what we did before: support Ferrari and it's people.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Quote Originally Posted by Alonsomaniac View Post
    To the people who are not being too nice to eachother: come on guys, we are all disappointed about the same thing. Don't slam eachother with your frustration, just be mad as hell we did not do well, take a deep breath and continue with what we did before: support Ferrari and it's people.
    There are STILL 20 (including tomorrow) races to go!
    Michael Schumacher - the best there was, the best there is, and the best there ever will be!