Thread: Australian Grand Prix 2012 - Albert Park - Race 1

Quote Originally Posted by Cemz85 View Post
    how much does KERS effect the lap time around here.. Webber just said he had no KERS, dont know about Vettel though
    about 3 tenths.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I have a feeling it's going to be really depressing reading this site of the next few months.... guys, relax, it's a sport, sit back and enjoy the fact that you have 2 eyes that can still see and 2 ears that can still hear.... someday we all wont be so fortunate....
    true... it was build not with our pure natural ideas. imho, i donw surprise why we got this pace after some short testing. They will get another solution for this f2012. just relax and believe. it ll be interesting tomorrow

It's not great but it's very important to get the most we can rather than sit and wait for upgrades. This goes without saying. I hate to use the example but Hamilton got to p3 in the race from furtherr back in 2009 (before dsq). At least unlike the previous years where we had similar concepts to others so we could not really close up we should be able to make big gains over the coming races. We've given them a head start so lets go and hunt them down.

Quote Originally Posted by mark p View Post
    It's not great but it's very important to get the most we can rather than sit and wait for upgrades. This goes without saying. I hate to use the example but Hamilton got to p3 in the race from furtherr back in 2009 (before dsq). At least unlike the previous years where we had similar concepts to others so we could not really close up we should be able to make big gains over the coming races. We've given them a head start so lets go and hunt them down.
    Well said.
    Trying to be less angry..

Webber no KERS, how much does that effect the lap time around here? .400?

so webber would have got a 1.26.3xx with KERS

i thing we should call the this year's car a PRANCING MULE....what a discrace of a car it is, and we even started to develop it in late june...WOW!!!

this sucks.

All my theories of us sandbagging and then hammering the rest have been hammered soundly. Am going into depression.
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Cemz85 View Post
    how much does KERS effect the lap time around here.. Webber just said he had no KERS, dont know about Vettel though
    The real problem for Redbulls is the banned blown diffuser for 2012.... the only positive thing is watching them to struggle :p

This McLaren is fantastic. And they managed it with so simply looking car. I have to admit (and it hurts inside) that they have much better team, than us. We may have a better driver, but we are not as good in building a car.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Tifosi View Post
    Then chill out. Some of us dont believe that being angry at what you are supporting will help it. We can only only do what we can only do

Calling for heads are writing off cars and drivers isn't really supportive or helpful for Ferrari or many of your fellow TSNers who dont like seeing people write their driver and car off after ONE QUALIFYING SESSION
    I am totally chilled out, but I watch F1 for such a long time, that based on experience from the past I can make real picture about situation.

The car is written off after 12 DAYS of testing with obvious problems and three practises and one qualy, but the main problem is that ferrari isnt able to solve these problems but what is more Ferrari is not even able to understand them.

Fernando isnt written off he was able to do some time in top 10 today but the car.....

And Felipe (I was and still am his fan) is lost when the car is not perfect, he is below average these days...

Our development we can see in the last year (bad copy of EBD, bad engine mapping, bad copy of front wing)....

I think this is reality and nobody can hide decreasing progress through the last years

BUT my support is ALWAYS there, Forza Ferrari!

No matter what you, you can't develop a car by 2 seconds. We achieved a significant jump early on last year because the windtunnel was wrong and we just had to go back, get the new data and do a bit of tweaking. This year, that's not the case....you don't even know what the problem is or where to start. You can say its the exhaust but you don't really know how to correct it as yet.

So...easy way to go. Make a replica of the mclaren :D. Whether we want it or jot, domenicali is definitely out this year. Luca is not known for his patience.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifosi View Post
    Disappointment is understandable but its sad the way people are so quick to use it to write the car off for the whole season and of course their driver of choice.

Support is hard to find these days it seems
    Do you want me to find support for Domenicalli ? The heck with it ! I'll support Felipe and Alonso, but no way I'll stop bashing this italian retard...
    Ferrari per sempre !

Quote Originally Posted by Honzus View Post
    I am totally chilled out, but I watch F1 for such a long time, that based on experience from the past I can make real picture about situation.

The car is written of after 12 DAYS of testing with obvius problems, but the main problem is that ferrari isnt able to solve these problem but what is more Ferrari is not even able to understand them.

Fernando isnt written off he was able to do some time in top 10 today but the car.....

And Felipe (I was and still am his fan) is lost when the car is not perfect, he is below average these days...

Our development we can see in the last year (bad copy of EBD, bad engine mapping, bad copy of front wing)....

I think this is reality and nobody can hide decreasing progress through the last years

+1000000000

I don't know what to say about this..Bad luck for sure and also we are struggling clearly.I couldn't see that one coming but we must face the truth no matter what.
    So McLaren are pretty fast and so is Mercedes and Lotus.
    Well hoping for the best possible results tommorow to a long season.Good luck to our team.

1992 and 1993 were bad but I remember we got better and better culminating in the most dominant era in f1 history. Today was not ideal but I feel confident we will make quick progress with this car. The darkest hour is before the dawn.

BTW.. i did think Alonso could have plonked the car into a P5 slot had he not gone on a picnic in the gravel.
    The mclarens are super fast. As are the mercs. I just pray to god macca doesnt go on to win the WCC or the WDC.

Am actually glad that wibbah got the better of finger boy. Marko must be weeping.

Lets pray for rain tomorrow.
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    The main problem with the car is the car. It is not just the downforce. It understeers (it has nothing to do with the lack of rear downforce) than oversteers, it's unstable...
    Yes the whole car is terribly out of balance. It understeers on the entrance of corners (hence Fernando running too wide on the entrance of T1, got two wheels on the grass and spun it I guess) then loses traction or grip or whatever you call it after the apex as the driver starts to accelerate.

Let's hope the team can get this car sorted out!

does anyone want to buy my monza ticket?

Quote Originally Posted by Honzus View Post

The car is written of after 12 DAYS of testing with obvius problems, but the main problem is that ferrari isnt able to solve these problem but what is more Ferrari is not even able to understand them.

I agree with a lot of what you say

Its the sulky knee-jerkers and moaners that help no-one but themselves and think its in the name of support when it isn't!

"Luna faccia schiaffo testa"

i hope grojean gets P1 after turn 1
    Would be great to see him fighting for the win, well done Lotus
    Hats of too them

Quote Originally Posted by SashAlex View Post
    Do you want me to find support for Domenicalli ? The heck with it ! I'll support Felipe and Alonso, but no way I'll stop bashing this italian retard...

Forgetting its an Italian team? Domenicalli and Massa are both in danger.

T van R Guest
    Our pace is good. I like it. In Q2 Because front left tyre was on the grass, Alonso's car spun. After all at this stage of season we are maybe 4th quickest car but The gaps are really close except Mclaren.

Quote Originally Posted by khizerk View Post
    No matter what you, you can't develop a car by 2 seconds. We achieved a significant jump early on last year because the windtunnel was wrong and we just had to go back, get the new data and do a bit of tweaking. This year, that's not the case....you don't even know what the problem is or where to start. You can say its the exhaust but you don't really know how to correct it as yet.

So...easy way to go. Make a replica of the mclaren :D. Whether we want it or jot, domenicali is definitely out this year. Luca is not known for his patience.
    McLaren was able in 2011 to create from a crap hell of a car within 2 weeks. Yes, it was by copying, but we weren't able to even recognized our problem and try to do something with it. Between the last test and now, it's like anything have changed on the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    This McLaren is fantastic. And they managed it with so simply looking car. I have to admit (and it hurts inside) that they have much better team, than us. We may have a better driver, but we are not as good in building a car.
    McLaren is the most solid team at the moment. No any gimmick, it just works.

Mercedes, I suspect their DRS duct is playing a big role. We saw the inlet in the rear wing, we saw the slot gap in the front wing. Well, DRS only plays a major role in qualifying, so they'll probably not as strong in the race, we'll see. But that DRS duct certainly isn't going to help in the race.

Renault, with a rookie driver, I doubt they can mount a serious challenge on the title. And they cannot out-develop the big teams like McLaren.

Red Bull, who knows whats up with them. Perhaps its true that Adrian Newey ran out of ideas after losing the blown diffuser. That was his strong point.

This leaves McLaren alone.

Our car is horrible . Massa is just bad . He is a second slower from Fernando . Terrible driving today .

Quote Originally Posted by roddick_andy View Post
    We are not either..
    Its ALL Lucas Fault since All Ferrari problems Started few years back when Brawn Todt etc left and then Rriding Over Nigel Stepney (am NOT excuseing what he did) but he should got the job and not Costa . Luca failed to replace the Brain pool . Costa and rest are FIRED UP TO PROVE APOINT to LUCA not ferrari not us fans . Its Personal !!! Fopr Costa prob best thing happend to him leaving Ferrari as No Mystical Ferrari Preasure on him .

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    i thing we should call the this year's car a PRANCING MULE....what a discrace of a car it is, and we even started to develop it in late june...WOW!!!

Quote Originally Posted by giodap View Post
    does anyone want to buy my monza ticket?
    I want tht as Im certain tht I'll see a Ferrari 1-2

Quote Originally Posted by T van R View Post
    Our pace is good. I like it. In Q2 Because front left tyre was on the grass, Alonso's car spun. After all at this stage of season we are maybe 4th quickest car but The gaps are really close.
    There is some truth there. Its not as bad as it looks i guess. The times are really close. So, like someone else said before in this thread, if we sort out the balance and unlock that hidden potential, we could be back on top.
    Silently, like a shadow