Page 42 of 62 FirstFirst ... 172829303132333435363738394041424344454647484950515253545556 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1843

Thread: Australian Grand Prix 2012 - Albert Park - Race 1

For tomorrow
    May the best man/team win!

bbc about our car
    "Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." (Ayrton Senna)
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Curbs View Post
    With our resources compaired to some of the smaller teams, we should be able to have 3 different cars to choose from come the first test. And then start the development from the best basis. I wounder what we look at now. Are we talking "understanding" a complex car, an small developments? Or scrapping the whole car and change like everything.
    My idea is this.

Get Rid of Massa, because no matter what the ''i'm a true fanboy ill support every stupid decision this team make'' say, he is not good enough.

Get a second driver, and use that driver as development driver, so his job is simply to test new parts, setup, configs, data which can be used to help fernando. In essence meaning that every fp1-3 and q1 for this driver should be purely used for testing. Would this end up giving us more testing time than if we had two competing drivers?

This suggestion is only a temp solution to get as much testing time as possible with the car, the constructors is lost cause if we keep massa anyways, so we arent losing anything

Quote Originally Posted by True Fan View Post
    My idea is this.

Get Rid of Massa, because no matter what the ''i'm a true fanboy ill support every stupid decision this team make'' say, he is not good enough.

Get a second driver, and use that driver as development driver, so his job is simply to test new parts, setup, configs, data which can be used to help fernando. In essence meaning that every fp1-3 and q1 for this driver should be purely used for testing. Would this end up giving us more testing time than if we had two competing drivers?

This suggestion is only a temp solution to get as much testing time as possible with the car, the constructors is lost cause if we keep massa anyways, so we arent losing anything
    Would be against all ethics of the sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Nisko View Post
    bbc about our car
    Disappointing to hear that, but they are right. From Massa's onboard video, its like he's driving on ice. There is a possibility that we may have got the entire package wrong, and as Gary Anderson suggested, we may need to go back to the drawing board and see what went wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Disappointing to hear that, but they are right. From Massa's onboard video, its like he's driving on ice. There is a possibility that we may have got the entire package wrong, and as Gary Anderson suggested, we may need to go back to the drawing board and see what went wrong
    If the team has to do that (and for now it looks that way) you can forget about winning a title this season already. Well, i suppose we can forget about that anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by FER View Post
    Thats exactly why we should do it.

I would ship massa out, get a development driver, forget about constructors, use the second driver SOLEY for testing, this should hopefully give us more testing time so iron out issues and improve the car.

Some progress, however, there was. In the car we have two or three pieces that have worked very well, which were confirmed yesterday as well in aerodynamic tests. Perhaps the path is right but you have to see how long it will spend to recover "
    http://translate.google.com/translat...51864276.shtml

Alonso speaking to Gazzetta, and other italian Journos. if nothing else, at least it makes me optimistic for future upgrades.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Image is important part of the sport. F1 is still a big advertising and marketing tool and there isnt all about winning. We are Ferrari and we are from the very beginning here and will probably stay forever. Your suggestion all-in style is not reasonable.

Image is important part of the sport. F1 is still a big advertising and marketing tool and there isnt all about winning. We are Ferrari and we are from the very beginning here and will probably stay forever. Your suggestion all-in style is not reasonable.
    Image?

Ethics?

When Brawn did the double diffuser or when Red Bull had a flex wing that was beating the FIA test, do you think they cared about image and ethics?

Here is what matters.

Will we win?

If the answer is 'yes'

Then we do it.

Phone calls.

Team A: 'Hey FIA. We have something that is not really legal, but when you allow us to use it we will win and everyone will make tons of money. Can we run it?'

FIA: 'Wait, we have to ask Bernie. Call you back.'

Bernie: 'Tell them to send in their business plan. Need to take a look first.'

Team A: 'Hey FIA, what the dicision?'

FIA: 'Bernie approved. Good business plan. Build your car.'

Whiting: 'Hey FIA, whats going to be my profit?'

Ethics.....sports......sure, sure.....

Quote Originally Posted by True Fan View Post
    Image?

Ethics?

When Brawn did the double diffuser or when Red Bull had a flex wing that was beating the FIA test, do you think they cared about image and ethics?

Here is what matters.

Will we win?

If the answer is 'yes'

Then we do it.
    Sorry, but I will disagree again. Brawns double diffuser was as great idea as the flexi wings of RB. Both solutions were not illegal and not 100% copyable.
    Image and ethics have written the history of F1 last 3 years. Red Bull is a factor here only because of marketing reasons.

How many times I heard this

Forza Ferrari

in Autosprint

This from Alonso:
    ŦČ abbastanza ovvio che facciamo fatica anche in rettilineo. Non riuscivo neanche a passare la Hrt di Karthikeyan. Perdiamo 15-20 km/h sul dritto da altre vetture e questo č parte dei nostri problemi. E non promette bene neanche per recuperare posizioni in garaŧ.

My translation: "It's quite clear that we are slow even on the straights. I couldn't even pass the HRT of Karthikeyan. We lose 15-20 km/h on the straights to the other cars and this is part of our problem. It doesn't bode well to recover positions during the race."

If Ferrari can't win I will pull for Shumi and Button.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermann View Post
    Phone calls.

Team A: 'Hey FIA. We have something that is not really legal, but when you allow us to use it we will win and everyone will make tons of money. Can we run it?'

FIA: 'Wait, we have to ask Bernie. Call you back.'

Bernie: 'Tell them to send in their business plan. Need to take a look first.'

Team A: 'Hey FIA, what the dicision?'

FIA: 'Bernie approved. Good business plan. Build your car.'

Whiting: 'Hey FIA, whats going to be my profit?'

Ethics.....sports......sure, sure.....
    You seriously think Bernie and FIA are moving under one flag...
    And Whiting asking FIA for a profit...
    Of course there is much politics, F1 is still a big marketing tool, but your views seem a bit too shallow. There is still ethics and sport there even for keeping the interest.

bbc about our car
    Everythin that was said in this video makes perfect sense. It's scary.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseman View Post
    The only good news is Kimi still sucks
    Got to love the positive attitude here about the guy who won Ferrari our latest WDC. And their car seems to be doing just fine, all they need is some new stopwatches...

Quote Originally Posted by Marino View Post
    This from Alonso:
    ŦČ abbastanza ovvio che facciamo fatica anche in rettilineo. Non riuscivo neanche a passare la Hrt di Karthikeyan. Perdiamo 15-20 km/h sul dritto da altre vetture e questo č parte dei nostri problemi. E non promette bene neanche per recuperare posizioni in garaŧ.

My translation: "It's quite clear that we are slow even on the straights. I couldn't even pass the HRT of Karthikeyan. We lose 15-20 km/h on the straights to the other cars and this is part of our problem. It doesn't bode well to recover positions during the race."

If Ferrari can't win I will pull for Shumi and Button.
    The bad news just keeps coming. Would be devastating if we're so bad that we can't pass the cars ahead to get up to P8

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Everythin that was said in this video makes perfect sense. It's scary.
    sad but really they are right.We need a quick redesign of the car
    Forza Ferrari

Luckily that is why they are crash testing something new for mugello.
    I think you can still play with wings for the race without intervening parc ferme, and I think the reason they have slow top speed is that they have piled a lot of wing for the rear df. I hope some fuel can make the car a little more balanced, and keep the weight down.
    That is just me waffling without the sense of aero on an F1 car.some adjustments could help with that.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

You seriously think Bernie and FIA are moving under one flag...
    And Whiting asking FIA for a profit...
    Of course there is much politics, F1 is still a big marketing tool, but your views seem a bit too shallow. There is still ethics and sport there even for keeping the interest.
    Bernie and FIA not under one flag? Excuse me....

Too shallow? If you say so. You could also say that i'm old enough to have no illusions left. You might still have some.

Doping everywhere, money- oriented business everywhere, i can still enjoy the show, and i do, but i'm not wasting my time with the combination of ethics and sport.

Anyway i suppose thats a bit off- topic here.

So its not even looking a bit better for the race, after what Fernando says the car is just too slow and thats not going to change for tomorrow. Prepare for a hard ride then- for now i'd be satisfied with both cars reaching the finish line, they are both starting in the pack.
    Last edited by Hermann; 17th March 2012 at 18:18.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermann View Post
    Bernie and FIA not under one flag? Excuse me....

Too shallow? If you say so. You could also say that i'm old enough to have no illusions left. You might still have some.

Doping everywhere, money- oriented business everywhere, i can still enjoy the show, and i do, but i'm not wasting my time with the combination of ethics and sport.
    There might be a different definition of ethics and sport but times changing and this is the way it is. Still there is ethics, and there is sport.
    Since there is no Max Bernie meets a great opponent in the face of FIA. Concord agreements are a good example of it.
    Shallow - maybe I didnt use the right word, but thats because of my bad English. I meant only that doesnt seem reasonable to me.

I feel bad for Luca's TV.

Skagging everyone off doesn't help and at least Felipe didn't beach it, but there's just no excuse for such a dismal performance, seems all the good design guys have gone elsewhere and an ex-Mclaren man replaces them, do I smell a rat?? Just hope F&F manage to get past the first corner without incidents and can make something good come out of this complete debacle.

http://www.formula1.com/results/seas...peed_trap.html
    we are just very slow on the straights
    Forza Ferrari

http://www.formula1.com/results/seas...peed_trap.html
    we are just very slow on the straights
    I can't believe Ferrari makes F12 Berlinetta, a car with fantastic aero efficiency and the F1 scuderia team can create low-downforce and still slow topspeed car (horendous aero efficiency). I hope they just made a cardinal mistake in the setup of something, because this is just nonsese

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Pat Fry-ing Ferrari?

I say, Ferrari should set up an extra team to go and dig up the F150 and work on that.

This season will be like last season.Only question is when will stop developing f 2012
    I hate to say this.but is it fact.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    BTW, its Pat Fry's birthday.

Sounds a little sad though that message

Happy Birthday Pat Fry
    Feel bad for him, hopefully we can get this car sorted.
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lo52ws9xLo1qlt7lao1_500.gif

Devastated just do not know what they can do from the back of the grid and get passed everyone ahead of us!! Tomorrow will be a tough race and with the tyres not lasting long on our car then going to be tough!! I do feel for Alonso & Massa probably like they are in a HRT with in Ferrari colours even Brundle mentioned he is worried for them!! Just hope that they can finish the race and get some points!!