Thread: Australian Grand Prix 2012 - Albert Park - Race 1

Guys it's the limited testing that is hurting us and all these heads rolling are no good. Every year we have a fresh team and starting from zero how could one expect to beat a team that has been developing winning cars for years?
    The scape-goat attitude is BS and forget team members, Luca has to take one himself this time and stop offering sacrificial lambs to the Italian media.

Quote Originally Posted by luicchi View Post
    Last year the responsable was Aldo Costa , which is now in Mercedes, yes Mercedes . this year the responsable is who???Fry?Tombasis?Stefano?Me?....
    Obviously it is Stefano. Italians are good in building/developing cars but not in management and the main reason Luca is supporting Stefano all these years is because he is italian.Even Mike Gascoyne couldnt deliver worst results than Stefano. Enough is enough. We demand results after so many years of excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    I very much hope that a lot of you are eating your words come the end of the season, I really do. Some people on here would only be happy if Fernando was cloned and put in the other seat, to be honest.
    For god shake we are not moaners. You cant be a ferrari fan,sit down and be patient for things to change for 3rd year in a row.... you cant be a ferrari fan and accept that our car is not at least competitive from day one. If so you are supporting the wrong team.

PS Is massa on twitter?.... i want to support him... just kidding.

LOL, no, the car itself is the problem. It seems like the same old situation but right now the race car is slow. "Management" are not the issue but the key people designing the car that make or break the racing season. Maybe Ferrari have been to "Extreme" in designing this car and they have forgotten to start with a solid base??? Maybe they have to many underdeveloped parts on the car and the car just needs development to make it work in harmony with the collection of parts. I say to all Ferrari Fans, "KEEP THE FAITH AND DO NOT DESPAIR"! Ferrari are a strong bunch but they need more work on the car.

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by johncnet View Post
    don't worry guys, today program is testing the rear part with full load, i'm sure we have a decent lap time this afternoon quali.
    If Alonso didn't spun, I believe the most time he can get is 0.5 second to a low 1:26. That is 8th place.

stop the negative thinking, we must support our team. we are fly this afternoon quali.
    Yeah fly to the gravel trap

proof me wrong this afternoon.
    Proven wrong

we have the worst traction from the top teams ... it seems . I still hope that Fernando can do something , Massa will maybe improve for 1 position i don't expect nothing from him . Forza Ferrari !

Quote Originally Posted by Grillo View Post
    Agree.

Alonso said after Q3 that the lack of downforce isn't the main problem. He said top speed is 15 km/h slower than others and pointed out some other areas where the performance is poor.

Race pace seems to be poor too.
    Top speed in qualifying: Perez 316, Hamilton 314, Schumi 313, Ferraris 305, Red Bulls 303.

So we have been sacrificing so much straight speed for rear downforce, yet the rear-end is still sliding around. There must be something else wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by WRX202 View Post
    The scape-goat attitude is BS and forget team members, Luca has to take one himself this time and stop offering sacrificial lambs to the Italian media.
    Stefano is more in charge of the F1 team. Heīs the one responsible. Should we blame Sergio Marchionne instead? No, the team principal is Stefano.

Quote Originally Posted by DJTaurus View Post
    Obviously it is Stefano. Italians are good in building/developing cars but not in management and the main reason Luca is supporting Stefano all these years is because he is italian.Even Mike Gascoyne couldnt deliver worst results than Stefano. Enough is enough. We demand results after so many years of excuses.
    Oh please Italians are fine at managing things but Stefano isn't he much too soft, Ferrari need an Il Duce type to lead the team.

Quote Originally Posted by DJTaurus View Post

For god shake we are not moaners. You cant be a ferrari fan,sit down and be patient for things to change for 3rd year in a row.... you cant be a ferrari fan and accept that our car is not at least competitive from day one. If so you are supporting the wrong team.

PS Is massa on twitter?.... i want to support him... just kidding.
    OMG and what about Greeks? Are they good in designing cars? Hmmm looka at Tombazis and then you have to say, no Greeks are not good in designing cars.

I hate these ability ratings based on nationality....

Luca di Montezemollo was president even it Schumacher times, wasnt he?

Tomorrow could be even worse because the car is overheating the tyres.
    So there is a a possibility for a huge disaster if we get lapped by the maccas.
    I Felipe would not improve till tomorrow, i am afraid its gonna happen at least to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Curbs View Post
    Stefano is more in charge of the F1 team. Heīs the one responsible. Should we blame Sergio Marchionne instead? No, the team principal is Stefano.
    And who is above Stefano? It's Luca, he has to make the decision. Follow the italian TV and see what I mean. Stefano only appears for a brief comment between sessions and nothing else. They point fingers at design, drivers, startegy etc.
    It's like Ron Dennis for McLaren, boss / owner. His word stands.

The only positive from this result is that it will make for an exciting race tomorrow, Alonso, as always will carry the team and probably be in the top 6 come tomorrow after overtaking vettel on the first lap. Most of the uproar about Ferrari's performance is expected as;
    1. We focused our efforts mid-way through last year on developing the f2012 and still we don't seem to understand it.
    2. WE ARE FERRARI

Reserving my judgement until the Barca GP, but, if we're not in a position to realistically challenge for the win there then it's going to be massively difficult season.

Quote Originally Posted by WRX202 View Post
    And who is above Stefano? It's Luca, he has to make the decision. Follow the italian TV and see what I mean. Stefano only appears for a brief comment between sessions and nothing else. They point fingers at design, drivers, startegy etc.
    It's like Ron Dennis for McLaren, boss / owner. His word stands.
    Thats what I mean. How far up do you wanna go? Sergio Marchionne?

Luca is involved in the whole company. Stefano is the head in the F1 section. Do we have a problem in the whole organization or just in the F1 department?

Quote Originally Posted by Imperatore View Post
    Oh please Italians are fine at managing things but Stefano isn't he much too soft, Ferrari need an Il Duce type to lead the team.
    We need Flavio

Quote Originally Posted by Red is Best View Post
    We need Flavio
    It wouldnīt be worse - thats FOR SURE!

Vincere e vinceremo!!!!! Thank you Brother!!! !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperatore View Post
    Well said fratello.

If Alonso didn't spun, I believe the most time he can get is 0.5 second to a low 1:26. That is 8th place.
    Just a quick note, alonso's time was done on Q2 probably the engine not turned up to max.
    So i could have been more than p8 after all..
    What was hamiltons time at the end of Q2?
    The way i see it honesty is this,
    Alonso does 1.26.6xx in Q2 first run, second run goes 4 tenths quicker, that puts him down to 1.26,2xx
    Q3 alonso puts engine on to max.. And therefor goes another 5 tenths quicker now down to 1.25,7xx
    That makes him 1 tenth slower than rosberg (made mistake), vettel and webber (No KERS)
    But these are all just queses and estimates.
    This would make alonso P8 just 1 tenth ahead of maldonado
    Maybe alonso would have gotten p7 with 1.25,6xx or even p6. But dont forget rosberg made a big mistake and Webber and most likely vettel had No KERS!

Who thinks ALO tweeted this?... seriously?

Some pictures today at the hotel and on the track ..! It seems we need to improve fast..and I'm sure we can do it..;)) pic.twitter.com/hb3HdJMG

Quote Originally Posted by Cemz85 View Post
    Just a quick note, alonso's time was done on Q2 probably the engine not turned up to max.
    So i could have been more than p8 after all..
    What was hamiltons time at the end of Q2?
    The way i see it honesty is this,
    Alonso does 1.26.6xx in Q2 first run, second run goes 4 tenths quicker, that puts him down to 1.26,2xx
    Q3 alonso puts engine on to max.. And therefor goes another 5 tenths quicker now down to 1.25,7xx
    That makes him 1 tenth slower than rosberg (made mistake), vettel and webber (No KERS)
    But these are all just queses and estimates.
    This would make alonso P8 just 1 tenth ahead of maldonado
    Maybe alonso would have gotten p7 with 1.25,6xx or even p6. But dont forget rosberg made a big mistake and Webber and most likely vettel had No KERS!
    Too much speculation here. I don't think Fernando could have gone into the 25" TBH.

Quote Originally Posted by Red is Best View Post
    We need Flavio
    I concur, he would be great.

That makes us the 5th quickest team as the journalist have said for many weeks..

THE NATIONALITY STEREOTYPE BLAME GAME MUST END NOW!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM SICK OF ITALIAN'S BEING CALLED STUPID AND NOT ABLE TO MANAGE, ENGINEER AND COMMAND!!!!!!!!!!! THE TIRE SUPPLIER FOR FORMULA ONE IS THE ITALIAN BRAND PIRELLI. THE BRAKES ON MOST OF THE CARS IN FORMULA ONE ARE BREMBO, THE WORLD LEADER IN BRAKING SYSTEMS! THESE ARE JUST TWO EXAMPLES OF ITALIAN COMPANIES WHO ARE WORLD LEADERS IN BOTH "ENGINEERING & MANAGEMENT"! STOP ALL OF THIS ITALIAN BASHING!!!!!!!! I AM MYSELF AN ENGINEER FOR CRYING OUT LOUD AND I TAKE GREAT EXCEPTION TO THOSE THAT WANT TO BE BIAS AGAINST ITALIAN PEOPLE AND THEIR ABILITIES! THIS KIND OF BIAS DIALOG AGAINST ITALIANS HAS TO STOP! I FOR ONE AM SICK OF IT!

CIAO.

FORZA FERRARI!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FrankAlfa View Post
    THE NATIONALITY STEREOTYPE BLAME GAME MUST END NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!
    CIAO.

FORZA FERRARI!!!!
    I agree. I have italian blood to, but that doesnīt change the fact. Stefano isnīt the man for the job.

I think at this point a big change for the futer of the team is a must..... for changing I mean Stefano, Pat, and unfortunatelly Felipe.... Do not take me wrong about Felipe, but since the accident in Budapest he is not the same.... Ferrari needs to face the truth ...which it means a big revolutionary and radical change from the top.... I know its easy to talk or judge standing home and watching but it feel they worked on nothing... well lets hope for the future but i do not have any expectations i hope to be wrong... Forza ferrari!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by marcom01 View Post
    Vincere e vinceremo!!!!! Thank you Brother!!! !!!
    Di quale Regione d'Italia sei?

Anyone caught what Alonso said during the interview after Q2? They did not show it on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankAlfa View Post
    THE NATIONALITY STEREOTYPE BLAME GAME MUST END NOW!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM SICK OF ITALIAN'S BEING CALLED STUPID AND NOT ABLE TO MANAGE, ENGINEER AND COMMAND!!!!!!!!!!! THE TIRE SUPPLIER FOR FORMULA ONE IS THE ITALIAN BRAND PIRELLI. THE BRAKES ON MOST OF THE CARS IN FORMULA ONE ARE BREMBO, THE WORLD LEADER IN BRAKING SYSTEMS! THESE ARE JUST TWO EXAMPLES OF ITALIAN COMPANIES WHO ARE WORLD LEADERS IN BOTH "ENGINEERING & MANAGEMENT"! STOP ALL OF THIS ITALIAN BASHING!!!!!!!! I AM MYSELF AN ENGINEER FOR CRYING OUT LOUD AND I TAKE GREAT EXCEPTION TO THOSE THAT WANT TO BE BIAS AGAINST ITALIAN PEOPLE AND THEIR ABILITIES! THIS KIND OF BIAS DIALOG AGAINST ITALIANS HAS TO STOP! I FOR ONE AM SICK OF IT!

CIAO.

FORZA FERRARI!!!!
    +1^12

But we need Flavio

"I cannot judge what he did in his time at Renault and McLaren but I have worked with World Champions Schumacher, Villeneuve and Raikkonen and Fernando is the one who impresses me the most," said Gene.

Quote Originally Posted by Honzus View Post
    OMG and what about Greeks? Are they good in designing cars? Hmmm looka at Tombazis and then you have to say, no Greeks are not good in designing cars.

I hate these ability ratings based on nationality....

Luca di Montezemollo was president even it Schumacher times, wasnt he?
    And again STEFANO decides which one to put in charge in each era... Ado Costa is the Engineering Director of Merc. It seems the problem is with the guy in charge the one who give directions not with crew members....so Luca cut the HEAD for gods shake!

Any chance for rain tomorrow?

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi_kaka View Post
    Top speed in qualifying: Perez 316, Hamilton 314, Schumi 313, Ferraris 305, Red Bulls 303.

So we have been sacrificing so much straight speed for rear downforce, yet the rear-end is still sliding around. There must be something else wrong.
    Speed trap

Sauber 316
    McLaren 314
    Mercedes 313
    Renault 310
    Toro Rosso 309
    Williams 308
    Force India 308
    Caterham 307
    Ferrari 305
    Red Bull 303
    HRT 302
    Marussia 301

The McLaren in surprisingly aero-efficient, fast in the corner, still fast in straight-line speed, may result from powerful DRS. Typical Red Bull, slow on the straight, time lost regained by more downforce.

Yeah Ferrari is weird. Sacrifice top speed for more downforce, but no downforce? If I remember correctly, I read that the F2012 had too much drag, barely reach 280km/h without DRS during Barcelona testing. And Alonso now said they are down by 15km/h top speed compared to the other team.