Page 60 of 62 FirstFirst ... 10354647484950515253545556575859606162 LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,800 of 1843

Thread: Australian Grand Prix 2012 - Albert Park - Race 1

Quote Originally Posted by FER View Post
    "I think there are two fundamental issues, one is the speed and the other thing is really the traction. Those are the two fundamental things that we really need to solve" (Stefano)

lol

Entire Formula 1 is about Speed and Downforce :)

In other words: a car that fundamentally lacks speed and downforce, is crap?

Sacking everyone is not the solution. If you read whats going on, Massa had a tire degradation problem sat that carried on thru the race.
    They have to give the lad a better car.

It also appears a lot of people want SD axed also. I dont think thats going to solve anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermann View Post
    Practically yes. OK, Stefano didnt say the car lacks on speed and downforce fundamentally (!), but it seems to me he is guessing like we forum users do here :)

Quote Originally Posted by Hermann View Post
    Well, what do you think? There is def something amiss with this car. You could see at the end when FA would lose loads of time to the williams in every type of curve/corner.
    To say he did an amazing job with this car would be a huge understatement.

N I gotta mention again...the car with the traditional nose beat all of the ugly cars.
    Did anyone else notice the lack of drs passing? There was some, but nothing like the start of last year.

Quote Originally Posted by ek583 View Post
    Can you please turn off Caps Lock? It's unnecessary and very painful to read.
    WELL ITS A STATEMENT..IM A FAN WHO'S DISSAPOINTED THATS WHY ITS ALL CAPS..YAH ITS PAINFUL TO READ..CAUSE ITS REALLY PAINFUL TO SEE WHATS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW
    WITH FERRARI..IM ANGRY CAUSE, IMAGINE OF ALL THE TOP TEAMS FERRARI WERE THE FIRST TO DEVELOPE 2012 CAR, AND AFTER LONG MONTHS OF R&D AND PREP..THE RESULTS WERE A DISASTER
    TEAMS LIKE FORCE INDIA WILLIAMS AND SAUBER I THINK IF NOT MISTAKEN, ONLY DESIGN THEIR 2012 CAR AFTER THE LAST RACE OF BEFOR THE SEASON FINALE, AND DESPITE THEIR RESOURCES
    THEY MADE A TREMENDOUS CAR MORE THAN US.. ITS EVEN A SHAME TO COMPARE US TO THE LIKES OF THOSE MIDFIELD..

SO YEAH AS A FAN..THIS CAPS THING IS STATEMENT..MY APOLOGY IF ITS TOO PAINFUL TO YOU TO READ..

Quote Originally Posted by mark p View Post
    This is the 1st year after some huge changes to our team. It took us years to build up to the schumacher domination. Newey started at rb in 2007 and won nothing until 2009. It would have been unbelieveble if we all of a sudden became dominant. What we have changed recently should have been done after a poor 2009 but it wasn't. Can't change that now so this new Ferrari team should be given time. See what direction we are going in after 10 races at least. There are no quick changes, I believe this current team will come good. Stability is key not constnt changes now. As for this years car as with any design there are no magic features just good concepts that need loads of hard work. As for Massa if he changed it should be done between seasons, time should not be wasted concentrating on this issue all efforts should be on the car for now. If the car starts winning and we get into a good rythm of development then the situation can be addressed. At that stage there may not even be an issue. Leave the team as it is let them focus on just the car with no other distractions.
    WELL WHAT'S SO DISSAPOINTING ABOUT IT IS WE HAVE A LONG MONTHS I THINK AFTER SPA WE STOP DEVELOPMENT OF THE F150..SO ITS HARD TO UNDERSTAND WHAT HAPPEN AFTER SO MANY MONTHS OF PREP MID TEAMS ARE MUCH FASTER THAN US..

THE ONLY GOOD THING ABOUT THIS IS THAT ATLEAST AFTER WINTER TESTING THEY KNEW ITS REALLY A BAD CAR, THEY KNEW WERE THEY STAND..
    IN 2011 AFTER MALAYSIA THAT'S THE ONLY TIME THEY KNEW THE CAR HAS FUNDAMENTAL PROBLEM CAUSE OF THE WIND TUNNEL PROBLEM
    ATLEAST FOR NOW WE KNOW IT..THE ONLY QUESTION IS HOW LONG WOULD IT TAKE..1 SEC IS FOREVER

BEST OF LUCK TO FERRARI

Dude, theres a button on your keyboard, 3rd up from the bottom, left hand side...says "Caps Lock". There are a lot of disappointed fans today,
    no sense yelling about it. Use the button.
    You should also know, no one reads posts w/all caps. I dont either, so I have no idea what you are going on about.

Dude, theres a button on your keyboard, 3rd up from the bottom, left hand side...says "Caps Lock". There are a lot of disappointed fans today,
    no sense yelling about it. Use the button.
    You should also know, no one reads posts w/all caps. I dont either, so I have no idea what you are going on about.

Stefano: “In terms of the chassis there’s nothing going ahead. In terms of developments, yes, there are a lot of things that have to be improved, because I think there are two fundamental issues, one is the speed and the other thing is really the traction. Those are the two fundamental things that we really need to solve, and we really need hard to fix as soon as possible these major issues.”

What he means is that they know the problems, but they still do not know what are the root causes. A real shame for Ferrari really. All the while they know they have an issue with generating enough heat into tyres. Yet they still haven't figured it out what lies with the problem as of today. A team with the biggest budget is now fighting the race with much smaller teams.

I think we Ferrari fans have lost our patience with this bunch of people who only know how to give excuses race after race.

By the way, will anyone be going to Sepang this weekend? I think we may want to organize a protest to the team by putting up a banner to show our anger against the team that we care so much.

Quote Originally Posted by scuderiafan View Post
    Going by stefanos address to the media, they are on step 2.
    They say they have realised where exactly the car is unsufficient, and believe that more development time will also,improve things.
    Just,gotta hope for a dry Friday next weekend.
    Forget about the specific problems with the F2012. My point was that there are deeper problems in the teams structure and processes which is leading us to build cars which are over 1 second off the pace at the beginning of the season. If we keep following the same processes we will continue to start every season on the back foot.

Hello folks, just arrived back from Melbourne and its dissapointing to see some of these posts... I had the pleasure to hang out yet again in the ferrari paddock and they are always positive and upbeat about themselves as a team, why not YOU?
    There are lots of updates coming and rest assured they are working hard to understand this new Car and when they tweak it right it WILL FLY....

Well I can only speak for myself: I am still upbeat - its a long season. Hell after Australia, it's gonna be even longer ;)

I still have faith in the team, but how much longer are we going to have to accept the same old excuses every year. Everything about the F2012 could've been written about the cars we ran for the last three years.

The team may well be working very hard but if the results don't come it's pretty meaningless. It gives me no satisfaction knowing we are squandering the incredible talent we have throughout the team incl FA by making poor managerial decisions (or whatever/wherever the issue seems to be).

When we talk about a new chassis even before the season has begun, you know someone screwed up royally. we've brought in these top engineers, dragged Rory out of retirement, fixed the wind tunnel, gone radical, sacked this person and that person, and ended up with another F150, but without the "speed".

The parrot like repetition "we need to understand the problem asap" etc don't fill me with confidence. These aren't guys reverse engineering someone elses car, these are the guys that designed the car. The characteristics they want should be in the design. But they're not... Why not?

We had the wind-tunnel issue last year, supposedly fixed and all sweet, yet come testing there's no downforce. So what data were they looking at before building the prototype?

We're now racing with mid-field teams yet again while RB and the scum that is McLyin' take the wins and we're forced to endure the irritating "Finger" of the smug pr@t Liewser (JB and MW at least are slightly more tolerable to me) grinning from the podium. That's a bitter pill to swallow.

To use a clolloquialism, somethings F***ed up there and that's what's annoying me,

To design a car this bad with all those resources, takes a special level of incompetance. I cant see how they can turn this around into a race winner. We are only better than the new teams which are not serious teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    Well, what do you think? There is def something amiss with this car. You could see at the end when FA would lose loads of time to the williams in every type of curve/corner.
    To say he did an amazing job with this car would be a huge understatement.

N I gotta mention again...the car with the traditional nose beat all of the ugly cars.
    Did anyone else notice the lack of drs passing? There was some, but nothing like the start of last year.
    What i meant to highlight was that Domenicali, in his own words, said 'the car is crap'. I kept 'what i think' out of my comment for obvious reasons.

What a drive from Fernando...awesome...even though Jenson won the race the driver of the day has to be Fernando Alonso...no doubt about that...
    Come on Ferrari you need to get things sorted out asap...Fernando has to win the 2012 WDC...

Guys do anyone know the pit stop timings for Ferrari.., had they improved their pit times or not...

Quote Originally Posted by anupa2k View Post
    Guys do anyone know the pit stop timings for Ferrari.., had they improved their pit times or not...
    Ferrari's pitstop were the fastest..
    about 1 sec faster than anybody...

Domenicali and Fry are flying back today to Maranello
    Montezemolo wants answers
    "Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." (Ayrton Senna)
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Nisko View Post
    Domenicali and Fry are flying back today to Maranello
    Montezemolo wants answers
    Shouldn't they be on their way to Malaysia now

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Shouldn't they be on their way to Malaysia now
    Montezemolo is angry
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by XXX132 View Post
    Well I can only speak for myself: I am still upbeat - its a long season. Hell after Australia, it's gonna be even longer ;)

I still have faith in the team, but how much longer are we going to have to accept the same old excuses every year. Everything about the F2012 could've been written about the cars we ran for the last three years.

The team may well be working very hard but if the results don't come it's pretty meaningless. It gives me no satisfaction knowing we are squandering the incredible talent we have throughout the team incl FA by making poor managerial decisions (or whatever/wherever the issue seems to be).

When we talk about a new chassis even before the season has begun, you know someone screwed up royally. we've brought in these top engineers, dragged Rory out of retirement, fixed the wind tunnel, gone radical, sacked this person and that person, and ended up with another F150, but without the "speed".

The parrot like repetition "we need to understand the problem asap" etc don't fill me with confidence. These aren't guys reverse engineering someone elses car, these are the guys that designed the car. The characteristics they want should be in the design. But they're not... Why not?

We had the wind-tunnel issue last year, supposedly fixed and all sweet, yet come testing there's no downforce. So what data were they looking at before building the prototype?

We're now racing with mid-field teams yet again while RB and the scum that is McLyin' take the wins and we're forced to endure the irritating "Finger" of the smug pr@t Liewser (JB and MW at least are slightly more tolerable to me) grinning from the podium. That's a bitter pill to swallow.

To use a clolloquialism, somethings F***ed up there and that's what's annoying me,
    Second to that.

That's right, every time they have the excuses of saying they know the problems. In actual fact, they don't know how to solve. Look at the tire issue, how long has it been around? Years....

Tbh, not sure how long Alonso will keep waiting for a winning car. Third year with Ferrari and still wrestling third or in case of this year maybe even 6th fastest car. Half of his efforts at McLaren or RBR would secure him titles. Of course he's at home here with Ferrari but I can't imagine where on the grid Ferrari would be without him.

Quote Originally Posted by theforce View Post
    Tbh, not sure how long Alonso will keep waiting for a winning car. Third year with Ferrari and still wrestling third or in case of this year maybe even 6th fastest car. Half of his efforts at McLaren or RBR would secure him titles. Of course he's at home here with Ferrari but I can't imagine where on the grid Ferrari would be without him.
    16th and 17th...

Quote Originally Posted by anupa2k View Post
    16th and 17th...
    Forza Ferrari

Has the windtunnel issue really fixed..if so then why it is not reflecting on track....why they are still struggling...

I think that Ferrari should also test last years car without EBD and with step nose at mugello...because at Silverstone it was the fastest car on the grid...it just had issue of getting the heat onto the tyres...

"Bring back Jean Todt"
    That is the message to the team.
    I say again that THESE technical directors should quit themselves NOW, if they respect themselves and the people who support with everything they got the best ever team in F1 and i mean us.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    Sacking everyone is not the solution. If you read whats going on, Massa had a tire degradation problem sat that carried on thru the race.
    They have to give the lad a better car.

It also appears a lot of people want SD axed also. I dont think thats going to solve anything.
    Let's start with Domenicali, and let new team principal build the team. You don't really need to sack all 700 employees to make a difference. Ofc new team will need time, so we fans should give them 1 or 2 years for experiments and such.
    Last time we did something like this was 4 years ago and guess what, team didn't deliver. It's time for a change and I mean serious change, not like last year when we demoted Dyer and Costa, promoted Fry, hired Byrne and that Bridgestone guy, and that was it. So essentially team remained the same with just 2 new guys aboard. I know that Byrne is a genius but he hasn't proven himself in modern F1 ("testing ban" era) yet. And that Bridgestone guy, sorry but we need someone from Pirelli lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicane View Post
    WELL ITS A STATEMENT..IM A FAN WHO'S DISSAPOINTED THATS WHY ITS ALL CAPS..YAH ITS PAINFUL TO READ..CAUSE ITS REALLY PAINFUL TO SEE WHATS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW
    WITH FERRARI..IM ANGRY CAUSE, IMAGINE OF ALL THE TOP TEAMS FERRARI WERE THE FIRST TO DEVELOPE 2012 CAR, AND AFTER LONG MONTHS OF R&D AND PREP..THE RESULTS WERE A DISASTER
    TEAMS LIKE FORCE INDIA WILLIAMS AND SAUBER I THINK IF NOT MISTAKEN, ONLY DESIGN THEIR 2012 CAR AFTER THE LAST RACE OF BEFOR THE SEASON FINALE, AND DESPITE THEIR RESOURCES
    THEY MADE A TREMENDOUS CAR MORE THAN US.. ITS EVEN A SHAME TO COMPARE US TO THE LIKES OF THOSE MIDFIELD..

SO YEAH AS A FAN..THIS CAPS THING IS STATEMENT..MY APOLOGY IF ITS TOO PAINFUL TO YOU TO READ..
    Stop using caps, please. It is difficult to read. You can express your anger without SHOUTING.
    Forza Jules