Page 13 of 62 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262738 ... LastLast

Thread: Australian Grand Prix 2012 - Albert Park - Race 1

Quote Originally Posted by NanoTheQuickest View Post
    well well well look at that!!!! you would not say that if you were in trouble would you?

I'm so confused, can't wait for tomorrow!!!
    Ive been confused for 2 months LOL!! Yep bring on qualy so we can finally find out the truth.
    CUT ME. CUT YOU. BOTH OUR BLOOD IS FERRARI RED!

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    So Pat Fry thinks we are about 05-0.7 off from RB...
    I think during the winter tests most of us were happy if we had this gap, so cheers, F2012 will evolve further, more than RB8 & MP4-27 as they are evolutions from their predecessors
    Stay optimistic
    For a car which had to be a winner up front, that's a gap worth a full year of development.

Hopefully, it is not true, because the way the competition is evolving (Mercedes looks competitive too, etc.), it will be impossible to recover.

Alonsos words sound good but what is also obvious out of his words is that we STILL have tyre problems (he wishes for colder temperatures and medium tyres it seems) and that we have better chances in Qualifying than in the race...our beast is obviously tyre eater...

here is source:
    http://www.as.com/motor/articulo/alo...asdasmot_3/Tes

spanish speakers show up!!! :)

Quote Originally Posted by F2002 View Post
    For a car which had to be a winner up front, that's a gap worth a full year of development.

Hopefully, it is not true, because the way the competition is evolving (Mercedes looks competitive too, etc.), it will be impossible to recover.
    After all the experts had blasted Ferrari, most of us were happy to see us 5 tenths down. Last year we began fron 1.4s off pace, by the 3rd or 4th race, it was brought down to 8 tenths. I don't understand why we would take an year to recover

I think F1 business game (controversy related) has reached a new level. If it was what Bernie wanted, It's a success looking at the pre-season build up we got so far!!!!

"I cannot judge what he did in his time at Renault and McLaren but I have worked with World Champions Schumacher, Villeneuve and Raikkonen and Fernando is the one who impresses me the most," said Gene.

I can't help but feel very optimistic about our car. There might be some aero upgrades that will make us faster, but the car looks stable and planted.

Quote Originally Posted by medeni73 View Post
    I know it's our driver and a car but just look at that safety zone! Good old classic, you made a mistake and you are stuck in a gravel! I'm glad there's no asphalt there, due to high risk factor such corners are the most exciting!

Fernando Alonso: “It is always a pleasure to be back at a Grand Prix after the winter break: everyone is out on track together and there’s the crowd, so it is always a nice feeling. It was a bit complicated trying to work through the programme we had planned for this Friday because of the weather. Therefore there is still a bit of work to do tomorrow before qualifying, but I think the others are in a similar position. I am reasonably satisfied with the car: the initial feeling as to its balance is positive. However, we have not done the usual comparison between the two types of tyre, because we ran mainly on the intermediates and the Mediums and these seem to be behaving quite well, as far as degradation is concerned. It was important to have everything working perfectly – from the KERS to the engine, from the power steering to the gearbox and everything else, as is always the case on the opening day of the season – and that’s how it went. There’s no point looking at the time sheet from today with a view to making predictions for qualifying. Tomorrow I expect to see a very mixed up grid because there are so many teams that have done a good job over the winter. We will try and do our best, putting together the best elements we have tried in the past weeks, including a few details we brought here. However, my opinion has not changed: we wait for tomorrow to see where we are compared to the others. But if I was to give some sort of opinion on the day, I would say it’s been positive. We did the important things, the balance is good and the car responds well to changes.”

Felipe Massa: “After over three months, finally we are back to what we drivers like best, namely racing. However, today was a rather difficult first day back, because we could not do as many laps as we had planned. The rain complicated matters in both the first and the second session. In the first one, I also went off track, which cost me a bit of time: as I was braking, I got the left rear wheel on the grass and the car took off on its own, only stopping in the gravel on the escape road. In the second session, the rain meant the track was wet for a long time and only towards the end was I able to fit the dry tyres. All things considered, it wasn’t really possible to understand much as to where we are compared to the others. I did too few laps to say if the car has changed since the last day of the Barcelona test. Tomorrow afternoon, in qualifying we will all run in the same conditions so we will finally understand something!”

Pat Fry: “Today was even harder than usual to interpret because of the weather. The track conditions changed very rapidly, making it very difficult to work through the programme we had set ourselves. Furthermore, as this is the first race, we chose to save a handful of kilometres on the engine. The opportunity to use one of the sets of tyres available today in the third session, will allow us to recover at least part of the programme tomorrow. Honestly, it’s impossible to give any sort of assessment of the performance of the F2012 and on the prospects for this weekend. We had said we must wait until tomorrow’s qualifying to know more, so you need to be patient for a further 24 hours! We too are very curious to know where we stand compared to the competition…”

After all the experts had blasted Ferrari, most of us were happy to see us 5 tenths down. Last year we began fron 1.4s off pace, by the 3rd or 4th race, it was brought down to 8 tenths. I don't understand why we would take an year to recover
    Because last year, we did not the win the championship.

Actually, I cannot recall a championship in recent history which we managed to win after starting that far behind (but I know some of you will have better memories).

That doesn't mean we didn't improve F150

Actually, I cannot recall a championship in recent history which we managed to win after starting that far behind (but I know some of you will have better memories).
    2010 is a good example where we started & where it ended (forget that pit call during Abu Dhabi as it has nothing to do with it)

That doesn't mean we didn't improve F150

2010 is a good example where we started & where it ended (forget that pit call during Abu Dhabi as it has nothing to do with it)
    I don't want to prolong this "complaining where we are" part, I know it bothers a few people here, and in any case we are fans and should really look forward with some optimism.

But starting a championship more than half a second away from the leaders does not augur well. History says that.

I don't want to prolong this "complaining where we are" part, I know it bothers a few people here, and in any case we are fans and should really look forward with some optimism.

But starting a championship more than half a second away from the leaders does not augur well. History says that.
    True. My point is the its not end of the Championship even if we start half a second behind. Cheers

2000! we were around half a second behind hakkinen in qualifying, but we won the championship!

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton
    I think it looks quite close between us, maybe Red Bull, Ferrari and Mercedes. It's going to be interesting tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alonso
    We did the important things, the balance is good and the car responds well to changes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vettel
    This morning it wasn’t very good, I wasn’t happy at all in the car
    In Marca, Alonso says he's not ruling out the front row and car is very good over one lap.

Warning! Warning! joseluisf1 ahead so non-believers please skip this post :)

"The magic floor seems to be working. It is well adapted to the current exhausts position. They are still using the current sidepods.

On the other hand, Vettel has noticed the lack of the off throttle. The updated ECU’s software makes it impossible.

By the look of thing, the f2012 is quite competitive on a single lap, as Alonso said. Let’s hope they keep the pace during the race

With the floor and any other parts, they have gained some downforce and better balance and traction, but they don’t know how much.

Apparently, we won’t see the definitive version of the sidepods until China. Tonight, they will improve the setup and the combination of different parts"

and before anyone says "there is no new magic floor!":

I assume that picture was taken today?

I mean, is it possible to change the floor overnight?

photo was taken yesterday. Ferrari got yesterday new package from Maranello with new bits and pieces including tweaked floor....

Quote Originally Posted by medeni73 View Post
    photo was taken yesterday. Ferrari got yesterday new package from Maranello with new bits and pieces including tweaked floor....
    Good, good. Hopefully it will be the difference between the loosers and the winners

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

lol, the information from joseluisf1 has become true again?
    For sure he knows how to affect minds of many people...

I would just wait at least till the Q3

Quote Originally Posted by wacc View Post
    lol, the information from joseluisf1 has become true again?
    For sure he knows how to affect minds of many people...

I would just wait at least till the Q3
    The hope is irresistible. Víme?

Fernando what you have done, now I'm hoping for something great tomorrow

Red Bull's new exhaust

Looks like they too are still trying to make the exhaust work. We're not the only one

Red-Bull_2734283.jpg

Yep mediums and also alot of laps too p4 on same tyres so its looking good, our cars a very fast on the wets, to me that is a good sign of a quick car,it is the wet is where i believe you see most of the competition struggle even Vettel himself confirms today that the RB8 is a cow that loves to eat Albert parks green grass. Anyway I think this year will answer alot of the questions of how good or bad Vettel is, to my opinion if the car handles or fast during the wet its a good enough car to compete for wins this year.
    The bad news is mercedes looks good too, but at the first practice in Rosbergs hands the car looks unstable on the wet, it nearly went off at one stage, so i might be overreacting. I was thinking of Schma and Alonso all over again this year for macl they did not do much runs during wet, so not sure. So im very happy with the two practices more the second, it also insured me that this f2012 is super quick even Alonso himself said it that we might be fighting for the front this weekend. I also notice Massa was up there with Alonso today which is a positive news.. So p1 Alonso and p2 Massa tomorrow quali.

Hello everyone,

Been following this forum for about a year now, and must admit that this is the most friendly F1 forum that I've seen. I decided to join you guys in sharing the same passion for my favorite team Scuderia Ferrari. I wish good luck for our drivers and all the best for the team this season!

Quote Originally Posted by tmprikol View Post
    Hello everyone,

Been following this forum for about a year now, and must admit that this is the most friendly F1 forum that I've seen. I decided to join you guys in sharing the same passion for my favorite team Scuderia Ferrari. I wish good luck for our drivers and all the best for the team this season!
    Welcome! Hopefully you will have some great time here with us

Quote Originally Posted by tmprikol View Post
    Hello everyone,

Welcome!
    "Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." (Ayrton Senna)
    Forza Ferrari

I keep running into comments on the autosport forum that red-bull is still using engine over-run. Is this true?
    we're number one

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari4life View Post
    I keep running into comments on the autosport forum that red-bull is still using engine over-run. Is this true?
    i think it has been dropped to 10% or so for this year, and i think all teams are using from what i've read on here on previous posts...
    but in NO WAY is anything to what they were using last year which i think it was up to 70% or more on OFF throttle...
    so to answer your question, i think it will hurt them a LOT and they are losing the gain benefit they had last year
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

I don't know if this picture was already posted here on forums, but I find it really interesting. It's a great view on Mercedes's F-duct.

Ferrari still unsure about progress after mixed weather keeps it guessing

Ferrari remains in the dark about the progress it has made since pre-season testing due to the mixed weather conditions on the first day of running for the Australian Grand Prix.

Fernando Alonso and Felipe Massa were both in the top 10 following a short spell of dry running at the end of the second practice session. However, Alonso believes that Ferrari are no closer to knowing if it has a better car than it did in testing.

"Not really," said Alonso when asked if he felt more comfortable with the car after free practice. "Overall a good Friday, but the feeling with the car didn't change too much.

"I think especially in FP2, with the conditions we had it is impossible to see the level of competitiveness.

"The car feels OK, we got some answers and a good feeling driving the car, but we had a good feeling during testing."

Ferrari technical director Pat Fry reiterated Alonso's claim that judging the performance of the car was still "impossible" heading into Saturday.

"Today was even harder than usual to interpret because of the weather, making it very difficult to work through the programme we had set ourselves," said Fry.

"Honestly, it's impossible to give any sort of assessment of the performance of the F2012 and on the prospects for this weekend. We too are very curious to know where we stand compared to the competition."

Alonso added that he expected a fraught battle in qualifying, with Red Bull and McLaren leading the way.

"I think the favourites are always the top teams, so Red Bull, McLaren, Ferrari and Mercedes," he said. "But I think Sauber is also an interesting team in these first races, and Force India went quite well today.

"But I guess McLaren and Red Bull should be the ones [at the front]."

Autosport
    No Risk, No Fun!