+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 333

Thread: The Reality Of The Situation

  1. #91
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    UK/FR
    Posts
    634
    Quote Originally Posted by Red_Diamond View Post
    Weren't Fredifosis demanding the sacking of Costa and Dyer? Why the turn around?

    I wonder how many wives Domenicali has slept with, you know he was chose by Todt to be his successor even a certain Bernard Ecclestone can see
    the management isn't the problem.

    Different methods are being used, have none of you guys ever worked in large organisation? It takes time to in-bed, last year Ferrari
    under went deep structural changes
    .

    As for Felipe, true Ferrari fans know what he is capable of, yes, he made a mistake today but so did Fernando.


    So did maccas I think we stole quite a few of their guys i think no? and look at them, time to in-bed= minimal = what is expected in large organizations/corporations at this level!

    "I cannot judge what he did in his time at Renault and McLaren but I have worked with World Champions Schumacher, Villeneuve and Raikkonen and Fernando is the one who impresses me the most," said Gene.

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    200
    Quote Originally Posted by NanoTheQuickest View Post
    So did maccas I think we stole quite a few of their guys i think no? and look at them, time to in-bed= minimal = what is expected in large organizations/corporations at this level!
    AFAIK McLaren undertook their re-organisation when Newey left at the end of 2004. How many years is that? 8. And the number of championships they have obtained are still less than Ferrari's.

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    4,894
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    I don't think anyone is pretending like nothing is wrong. I think some people are just better at expressing their disappointment in a more rational manner, rather than posting rant after rant about firing people and throwing toys out of their proverbial pram.
    Red_Diamond: As for Felipe, true Ferrari fans know what he is capable of, yes, he made a mistake today but so did Fernando

    I actually consider myself as one of the biggest Felipe's fan. I have lot of his stuff at home, I was crying as freaking baby when you know what happened... But cruel truth is, that Felipe is not performing for almost 3 years now. It's not his today's mistake. Hell, there was so much mistakes this weekend, that it doesn't really matter (Fernando's mistake was much MUCH worse, cause it happened in quali). He won us 2008 championchip (yes, he is 2008 WDC for me), but what's the point to denying the present time? It's making me as sick as saying that we should sack everyone.

    "If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    23
    Oh lawd......

    How is asking for a driver who is 1 second slower than his teammate (again) after doing several laps whilst his teammates car is beached in the gravel.........a driver who is consistently 0.5/sec or more slower than our lead driver, a driver no other top team would sign for free........to be sacked ''hysterical''.

    The performances and results over the last two years do not lie. He is not good enough. Thats logic.

    Whats hysterical is keeping personnel who dont perform when the evidence/facts clearly show they need to pack their bags and get out.

    What is also hilarious, is people bashing me for saying personnel who arent good enough should get out, when ferrari have been knee jerk sacking and demoting people for a few years, all under dominecali's watch, whilst he avoids the axe and keeps his job for another year......politics, thats what its called

  5. #95
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    UK/FR
    Posts
    634
    Quote Originally Posted by Red_Diamond View Post
    AFAIK McLaren undertook their re-organisation when Newey left at the end of 2004. How many years is that? 8. And the number of championships they have obtained are still less than Ferrari's.
    I'm just basing this fact on going from one season the next one regarding the structural changes (2011 to 2012), that's all!

    "I cannot judge what he did in his time at Renault and McLaren but I have worked with World Champions Schumacher, Villeneuve and Raikkonen and Fernando is the one who impresses me the most," said Gene.

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Belfast, UK
    Posts
    8,313
    Quote Originally Posted by True Fan View Post
    Oh lawd......

    How is asking for a driver who is 1 second slower than his teammate (again) after doing several laps whilst his teammates car is beached in the gravel.........a driver who is consistently 0.5/sec or more slower than our lead driver, a driver no other top team would sign for free........to be sacked ''hysterical''.

    The performances and results over the last two years do not lie. He is not good enough. Thats logic.

    Whats hysterical is keeping personnel who dont perform when the evidence/facts clearly show they need to pack their bags and get out.

    What is also hilarious, is people bashing me for saying personnel who arent good enough should get out, when ferrari have been knee jerk sacking and demoting people for a few years, all under dominecali's watch, whilst he avoids the axe and keeps his job for another year......politics, thats what its called
    Again I ask which personnel you DO think are doing a good job?
    Forza Jules

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    200
    Quote Originally Posted by True Fan View Post
    Oh lawd......

    How is asking for a driver who is 1 second slower than his teammate (again) after doing several laps whilst his teammates car is beached in the gravel.........a driver who is consistently 0.5/sec or more slower than our lead driver, a driver no other top team would sign for free........to be sacked ''hysterical''.

    The performances and results over the last two years do not lie. He is not good enough. Thats logic.

    Whats hysterical is keeping personnel who dont perform when the evidence/facts clearly show they need to pack their bags and get out.

    What is also hilarious, is people bashing me for saying personnel who arent good enough should get out, when ferrari have been knee jerk sacking and demoting people for a few years, all under dominecali's watch, whilst he avoids the axe and keeps his job for another year......politics, thats what its called
    To play politics you have to be pretty ruthless.....

    As far as I can see Felipe has struggled, but I don't see how replacing him will change anything. Also, I don't think there is a decent enough replacement for Felipe (I for one will never see Felipe as an average driver) on the grid. If Ferrari did get someone, he would be equally as good as Fernando, how would the Fredifosi take that when that driver beats Fernando?
    Who would you replace the entire team with? Fernando Alonso clones?

    I tell you what why don't you write to Ferrari offering your services? Let us humble fans know how you get on.

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    756
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    \\Forza\\\Ferrari\\\\

    \\\
    \
    \\\\\
    +10000000

    At least you know who are the real fans win or loose Ferrari all the way.

    To all the other muppets who bag the team when we are down are tosses

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    25,934
    Quote Originally Posted by True Fan View Post

    How is asking for a driver who is 1 second slower than his teammate (again) after doing several laps whilst his teammates car is beached in the gravel.........a driver who is consistently 0.5/sec or more slower than our lead driver, a driver no other top team would sign for free........to be sacked ''hysterical''.
    See Rubens Barrichello.....

    You either rate Alonso lowly or Felipe too highly, not sure which it is/

    Forza Ferrari

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    200
    Quote Originally Posted by NanoTheQuickest View Post
    I'm just basing this fact on going from one season the next one regarding the structural changes (2011 to 2012), that's all!
    There were no fundamental structural changes at McLaren from 2011 to this year.

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Garden of England
    Posts
    427
    IMAAHO Massa is no longer up to it but, to be fair, the car was poor last year and is shaping up to be a pup this year so a driver change isn't really what we need right now..
    Clowns!

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    Again I ask which personnel you DO think are doing a good job?
    I dont care who is doing a good job at the moment, because the team as a whole is not performing to their potential. And as for car, the question has to be asked, if ferrari have bolted things onto this car for the sake of being innovative and how we did not know earlier on in the off season the car was going to be this bad.

    What I care about, in addition to the engineers coming up with timely solution to fixing the problems with the car, is that the personnel driving the car are up to scratch and people leading the team are up to scratch.

    Massa is a clear cut case of someone NOT up to scratch, dominecali is too imo and has been for ages.

  13. #103
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    UK/FR
    Posts
    634
    Quote Originally Posted by Red_Diamond View Post
    There were no fundamental structural changes at McLaren from 2011 to this year.
    No that's why all the journos at their car presentation were attacking Martin Whitmarsh with questions like "has the team been hurt with all the staff you've lost during the winter?

    "I cannot judge what he did in his time at Renault and McLaren but I have worked with World Champions Schumacher, Villeneuve and Raikkonen and Fernando is the one who impresses me the most," said Gene.

  14. #104
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Chesterfield, UK
    Posts
    617
    Quote Originally Posted by Tifosi View Post
    I know that Ferrari is not a playground, its a company that makes sports cars and has several racing teams including an F1 team.

    What are you achieving here with your lambasting? A sense of self justification and superiority?

    Not only do you have enormous arrogance to tell Ferrari what it is and what it is not - you also have laughable arrogance to assume how other people feel about it just because they are not as simplistic as you by pretending that what they think in their heads is reality and post it as if it undeniably is!

    It's laughable and its patronising and its nothing but self serving.

    I come across lots of bleaters at work and what I notice is that non of them are actually trying to be helpful. They just like to sound like they alone hold the answer to everything and that everyone else must be delusional or stupid - even though they have no idea what everyone else's opinion is or what they have to say.

    What it isn't is either realism, constructive, or in any way connected to supporting a team.

    Not a bit!
    Spot on,Tifosi! As someone who has been a Ferrari fan since the late 60s, I've seen the ups and downs of many teams, Ferrari included, and do believe that things are not good at the moment but are not a complete disaster. During the Schumi era there were a number of fans on TSN who were clearly 'fairweather' ones but true fans still stick with their team. I wonder if True Fan is the opposite - a person who wants to be a harbinger of doom!

    Best wishes Ferrari for 2012.
    yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery, today is a gift
    that's why its called the present

  15. #105
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Belfast, UK
    Posts
    8,313
    Quote Originally Posted by True Fan View Post
    Massa is a clear cut case of someone NOT up to scratch, dominecali is too imo and has been for ages.
    So you have said.

    The fact you say you don't even care who IS doing a good job in the team just says it all really.
    Forza Jules

  16. #106
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    200
    It's D-O-M-E-N-I-C-A-L-I you may hate him, but at least spell his name right.

  17. #107
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    200
    Quote Originally Posted by NanoTheQuickest View Post
    No that's why all the journos at their car presentation were attacking Martin Whitmarsh with questions like "has the team been hurt with all the staff you've lost during the winter?
    With their organisational changes in 2004/05 they had two mini teams working on the various bits of the car, so they could absorb any losses. But they didn't add any new people did they? When a new person joins they bring new ideas which may take time to get used to.

  18. #108
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    So you have said.

    The fact you say you don't even care who IS doing a good job in the team just says it all really.
    Yup and the fact you are a supporter of below par drivers staying the best team in f1 says alot more

  19. #109
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Stowmarket. U.K
    Posts
    12,654
    Quote Originally Posted by True Fan View Post
    I dont care who is doing a good job at the moment, because the team as a whole is not performing to their potential. And as for car, the question has to be asked, if ferrari have bolted things onto this car for the sake of being innovative and how we did not know earlier on in the off season the car was going to be this bad.

    What I care about, in addition to the engineers coming up with timely solution to fixing the problems with the car, is that the personnel driving the car are up to scratch and people leading the team are up to scratch.

    Massa is a clear cut case of someone NOT up to scratch, dominecali is too imo and has been for ages.
    So, if the team is singing as 1 and we are leading the WDC WCC come mid season. You still be wanting heads rolling, well only 2 Felipe and Stefanos. I hope we will do, no i know we will do. Its early stages of a new team structure, Felipe had off day yeah i was swearing and then was swearing at Fernando for making a silly mistake into turn 1. Its F1 its supporting a team, through thick and thin.

    Forza Ferrari.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

  20. #110
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    UK/FR
    Posts
    634
    Quote Originally Posted by Red_Diamond View Post
    With their organisational changes in 2004/05 they had two mini teams working on the various bits of the car, so they could absorb any losses. But they didn't add any new people did they? When a new person joins they bring new ideas which may take time to get used to.
    Yes they did bring new people in apparently, and talented by the looks of it! No but that's not my point, my point is that we got our ass kicked on all fronts this winter. But it's only when you fall hard and you hurt yourself that you learn something. The only way is up from where we are now.

    Talk to you tomorrow guys, good night you all!!

    Forza Ferrari

    "I cannot judge what he did in his time at Renault and McLaren but I have worked with World Champions Schumacher, Villeneuve and Raikkonen and Fernando is the one who impresses me the most," said Gene.

  21. #111
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    So, if the team is singing as 1 and we are leading the WDC WCC come mid season. You still be wanting heads rolling, well only 2 Felipe and Stefanos.
    Forza Ferrari.
    If it was down to me, these two clowns would be out in a heartbeat, even if we were one point away from the title. Seriously, Massa is a loser, i know that sounds bad, but its the truth, he is the claudio ranieri of formula one, a nearly man who keeps getting shots at the big time when he doesnt that edge need to get over the finishing line.

  22. #112
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Belfast, UK
    Posts
    8,313
    Quote Originally Posted by True Fan View Post
    Yup and the fact you are a supporter of below par drivers staying the best team in f1 says alot more
    I am quite happy to be a supporter of a 'below par driver', thanks very much. Oddly enough a supporter is someone who I would say sticks with their favourite sportsperson/team throughout the good AND bad. You should try it!

    It just looks now like you have a vendetta against Massa and Domenicali; I mean you've complained about them in practically every single post you have made without really offering up any constructive criticism - and you have already made it clear that you have no interest in pointing out the team members who you deem to be doing a good job.
    Forza Jules

  23. #113
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    4,894
    Quote Originally Posted by NanoTheQuickest View Post
    Yes they did bring new people in apparently, and talented by the looks of it! No but that's not my point, my point is that we got our ass kicked on all fronts this winter. But it's only when you fall hard and you hurt yourself that you learn something. The only way is up from where we are now.

    Talk to you tomorrow guys, good night you all!!

    Forza Ferrari
    A lot of people wrote that line last season about F150. Just saying...

    "If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

  24. #114
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Stowmarket. U.K
    Posts
    12,654
    Quote Originally Posted by True Fan View Post
    If it was down to me, these two clowns would be out in a heartbeat, even if we were one point away from the title. Seriously, Massa is a loser, i know that sounds bad, but its the truth, he is the claudio ranieri of formula one, a nearly man who keeps getting shots at the big time when he doesnt that edge need to get over the finishing line.
    2008?

    Even Prof Sid Watkins has said it takes a full 2 years to get back up to speed after a head injury like Felipe had 2009. Man, give him a chance. The race hasnt even started and you writing him off already. What get rid of Fernando too, he made a mistake, couldnt get into too Q3.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

  25. #115
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    I am quite happy to be a supporter of a 'below par driver', thanks very much. Oddly enough a supporter is someone who I would say sticks with their favourite sportsperson/team throughout the good AND bad. You should try it!

    It just looks now like you have a vendetta against Massa and Domenicali; I mean you've complained about them in practically every single post you have made without really offering up any constructive criticism - and you have already made it clear that you have no interest in pointing out the team members who you deem to be doing a good job.
    Constructive Criticism?

    Do I need to get the timings from todays qualifyings again?

    There is a difference between being a supporter and being a fanboy/girl who self deludes even when the facts are staring them right in the face.

    I support Ferrari, If you cant perform for Ferrari, switch the engine off and go home and we will find someone who can perform, we did it when we got rid of Raikonnen and got Alonso, and its time a few more bits of dead weight are let go.

    Get the rubbish out and then review the methods of car development and team development.

  26. #116
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    945
    I agree that Massa needs to go. It can't be easy to drive the car but Pat Fry said that (without the error) Alonso could have gotten to Q3 "with relative ease". Massa made no major errors on his lap and only qualifyied 16th (which would have been 17th if Perez didn't have a gearbox issue). Massa is holding the team back and if Alonso is able to make a late surge for the WDC, he needs Massa to be close behind and ahead of Alonso's main rivals - and Massa isn't capable of doing this.

    Ideally Perez should spend this whole season in the midfield refining his skills and gaining more experience but if Massa continues to drive like he has this weekend, Perez needs to replace him mid-season.


    As for Domenicali, who could replace him?

  27. #117
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    25,934
    Quote Originally Posted by True Fan View Post
    Constructive Criticism?

    Do I need to get the timings from todays qualifyings again?

    There is a difference between being a supporter and being a fanboy/girl who self deludes even when the facts are staring them right in the face.

    I support Ferrari, If you cant perform for Ferrari, switch the engine off and go home and we will find someone who can perform, we did it when we got rid of Raikonnen and got Alonso, and its time a few more bits of dead weight are let go.

    Get the rubbish out and then review the methods of car development and team development.
    Woah you have been banned 5 times already from here.....

    Oh sorry my mistake, make that 6 times, take the hint....

    Forza Ferrari

  28. #118
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Belfast, UK
    Posts
    8,313
    Quote Originally Posted by True Fan View Post
    Constructive Criticism?

    There is a difference between being a supporter and being a fanboy/girl who self deludes even when the facts are staring them right in the face.
    I'm not delusional at all. I am however losing the will to live at having to read the same post 23 times.
    Forza Jules

  29. #119
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Mids
    Posts
    377
    For me the reality of the situation is that as it stands the car appears to pretty poor. As fans we went into testing with a huge sense of optimism expecting a competitive car from the start.... this hasn't been delivered. I agree that the buck should stop with the man in charge but is that LDM or Domenicali ?

    With regards Massa.... I really don't think its fair to judge him atm, I think both drivers did a great job to even keep that car on the track for long enough to post a qualification time.

  30. #120
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Barbados
    Posts
    273
    Massa is no worse or better than last year. The difference is this car is a lot harder to handle than last years and has some big issues. It is with these types of cars that true talent shows through. Massa simply cannot drive around a problematic car while Alonso can, hence expect to see consistently large gaps between them this year until this car gets sorted, but by that stage Massa's career at Ferrari (or lack thereof) will be set in stone.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts