Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What is happening at Ferrari?

With the history, track record, money, facilities, people(?) and drivers that we have at the moment, our performance is a shambles.

Half on here are chronic doom-mongers - 'sack everyone!', the other half will find hope in tiny successes that are, frankly, laughable - 'oh, we beat the Mercs in Melbourne!'

It is a shambles which, unless somebody sorts out this car, is only going to get more serious. The deeper the hole you get yourself into , the harder it is to climb out..

Tomorrow looks the being the first GP I shall miss in ages without really caring!

[Awaits abuse from both the fundamentalists and the daft-but-happies]
    Trying to be less angry..

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Alonso took 2nd in his first season, also Ferrari were undergoing major technical changes, just like now. I don't see the need to compare him to Schumacher, as I said it's a very different F1 now, Alonso has one hand tied behind his back, he can't test and test and test like Michael used to do, competition is greatly improved on a team level and also a driver level, the rules are now so strict their is a much more level playing field, the grid is much closer. Schumacher sat in some very dominant cars because Ferrari excelled while the competition sucked basically.

Alonso is not Schumacher, Ferrari is not the same as the Schumacher era and neither is F1, it's maybe time to move on from 10 years ago and look at the picture now.

I think MS to be one of the very best ... in his day, but time has moved on and we are in a different era in F1 right now,
    so much has changed and no one will ever stand up next to MS but like I said that was then . Alonso is good in his own way and sad to say I think Massa's day has ended ... I loved Massa in a ferrari but he is not doing as well anymore from that blow to the head , which for me is sad .
    Let us not compare other drivers to MS please they are all good in their own way.
    "Michael showed that he is the greatest. He stole the show today. And he did that without even winning the race." comments from Willi Weber
    D:\estelle\My Folders\F1 Photos\Avitars\e960c1b2.jpg

Indeed.Comparing Michael to Fernando is useless. One thing is sure, both are superb drivers, but they were never driving the same Ferrari in the same conditions.
    Besides that, it also took Michael some years to get to the absolute top with Ferrari, but once they got there......
    Give them some time and the combo Ferrari/Alonso will be there too. Fernando knows that and that's why he signed such a long time contract.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post
    The deeper the hole you get yourself into , the harder it is to climb out..
    ]
    But - The harder you work, the harder it is to quit!

I got no technical explanation to say About what's going on the ferraris. It's only a matter of the good and the bad for our team. Good driver, bad car!!!

Transition is happening, that's what.
    "The client is not always right." - Enzo Ferrari

What happened to all the pretty writing?

I hope we can provide Massa with a 3rd brand new car for the 3rd race. Spare no costs. Something is still wrong with his car obviously.

We are winning last time I looked

i think we all now that Ferrari is in better shape when Alonso joined that when Michael joined in 1996. both were double world champions, and Michael nearly won the title twice in the first 3 years there, Alonso nearly won the 2010 title but ran out of luck or Petrov was in his way, or maybe both.

I have no doubt that alonso will win 1 if not 2 titles before his current contract expires.

we must be patient and hopefully if we don't win the title this year, if we challenged it or gave red bull or mclaren a big head ache this would be a huge improvement unlike last year, where 6/7 races in Vettel was writing his name on the trophy.