Thread: F1 Live Timing App for Android and Iphone

F1 Live Timing App for Android and Iphone

Does anyone have this application, and is it worth the 23,99 euro price tag? I would really like to have it, but just wondering if it is worth paying the hefty price.
    Last edited by Aruba; 22nd March 2012 at 02:19.

The app is very nifty, especially if you're in a place where you can't watch the F1 or access live timing. I only use it for its live timing functions, commentary, and occasionally, the virtual map of the circuit (with the cars going around it); although it's a bit hit and miss when the cars bunched up together. If you want to add another dimension to your F1 experience and can justify the cost, I would say that its definitely worth it.

There is also a demo which is available for free if you would like to see what its like.
    Mark Webber: "If you push to try and pass you kill the tyres but if you wait, then you find you're on the same strategy and finish behind them anyway".

I use "F1 live Stream" on my android phone which gives the same info as the F1 live timing on the offical website and it's free. There's also a website: http://formula1livetiming.com/ which gives even more data and works well on ipad,iphone etc..

Better yet, I stream F1 broadcast live to my Android if I really have to go out hahaha... and I often do not go out on the race day.

Not worth the cost since you would only be interested in the timing and commentary for which there are sites such as autosport. Don't know why anyone would need the virtual circuit during practice or qualifying. Can't believe they are charging that amount considering it was free last year and after reading some review, people complain of some features missing from last year's free version.

Also, try 'Formula 1 Live 24', its pretty neat.

Well, I haven't bought it, I'm using a "free" version (if you know what I mean) on my Android phone. Not worth the price, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiklub View Post
    Well, I haven't bought it, I'm using a "free" version (if you know what I mean) on my Android phone. Not worth the price, to be honest.

same here on my iPhone and iPad... if it was 2 or 3 euros then it would be ok, but they are offering almost the same service for free on the website..
    So to pay 23 euro's for an App that you can only use for 1 year is just BS and very greedy on the F1 part..

Just to clarify when there are apps worth buying I do, after testing them
    Veni Vidi Vici e Vici Vici Vici.... Ferrari F2012 WDC WCC Champion

Quote Originally Posted by rochas View Post
    I use "F1 live Stream" on my android phone which gives the same info as the F1 live timing on the offical website and it's free. There's also a website: http://formula1livetiming.com/ which gives even more data and works well on ipad,iphone etc..
    thanks for the link mate! although it isn't very clear on my Windows Phone 7 but its okay :)

sure thing..

All I want to see is some purple numbers under Alonso's name.. hopefully sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
    The app is very nifty, especially if you're in a place where you can't watch the F1 or access live timing. I only use it for its live timing functions, commentary, and occasionally, the virtual map of the circuit (with the cars going around it); although it's a bit hit and miss when the cars bunched up together. If you want to add another dimension to your F1 experience and can justify the cost, I would say that its definitely worth it.

There is also a demo which is available for free if you would like to see what its like.

Yeah, I saw what you mean about them cars being bunched up together. Looks like a nice app though from what I can see from the free version.

Quote Originally Posted by rochas View Post
    Thanks for the link mate. Sure will come in handy during the summer days... !

Don't like the demo version and wouldn't pay for the full one. What's happened to the Official F1 ap that has been available for the past couple of years? Is this supposed to be it's replacement?
    yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery, today is a gift
    that's why its called the present

This one is unofficial I think

Yea, the official one (Formula 1 timing app 2012), is really not worth the money tho. The live timing in it is ok i guess (but the sector times are done just wrong...) and the virtual map would be extremly cool, if the driver's "bubles" weren't so huge. There is always an "free" way to get it, but that's about how far you are willing to go...

The free "F1 live stream" app is much more useful if you can't use official livetiming, because it's almost exactly the same (all sector times visible,...). you just need to manually refresh it.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Too expensive IMO. Does anyone know if F1's site live timing works with android. I can run it on my laptop but not on my HTC sensation.