Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011

Thread: Malaysian GP 2012 - Friday and Saturday Free Practice

Ferrari's troubles continue with Fernando Alonso down in 13th, 1.3 seconds off the pace and Felipe Massa 18th, a further second back. If that were to happen in qualifying, the Brazilian would get knocked out in Q1.

how embarassing..

I havent seen the practise, but Felipe is slowest (besides the new teams). That ain't good. I can imagine he is down atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    And he had the pace to get into Q3 if it wasn't for the spin
    We will never know that. (Even Alonso, who was actually behind the wheel of that car, said, that he was not sure. Pat Fry can say what he wants, but he wasn't driving). By that logic, you could say that Fernando has no chance today, because he is 2 places behind what he was in AUS in the same practice session.

I don't know, why do you guys think we will do better here than we did back in AUS. There are 2 long straights and 2 medium-long. And we are the slowest can on top speed. There are 2 places where you need a lot of downforce. And we don't have that... If there will be no rain and with that a chance that something crazy could happen, there is no reason to think our result in Sunday will be better than last weak.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

If we get tommorow the result any near of that in Melbourne I will be very happy but I'm afraid we are into something much worse than that...

much like last race, wish others have accidents so that we get points.

i which it rains today for qualy....itīs the best for us really
    Race victories 219
    Pole positions 205
    Fastest laps 225
    Words of what???We are the F1!!!Any Doubts???

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    One more season down the drain.
    How can we as the most powerfull team in the world create such a pathetic excuse for a F1 CAR!
    I dont want to get negative as we have plenty in this forum but this is looking very bad for the team, the teams always do Qualy simulations in P3 and we are nowhere!! Ferrari have lost true north here and are in freefall by the looks of it, it is not good enough from the engineers to produce this car and the drivers , tifosi and the rest of the teams deserve better specially when you have a $$200million budget... come on presidente time to clean house and bring in real young talent to the house of Ferrari, this is shameful... viva Ferrari

One thing I have no doubt about is that Alonso will give 110% yet again and try and limit the damage .... Massa? well...

Hard to find something positive about the new car. No mechanical grip, lack of downforce, ridiculous top-speed...

Pray for a miracle in Malaysia and a new car in China.

i remember alonso during his minardi days, but this is ridiculous

Did Alonso use drs or not? Can anyone confirm he did or didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeswing View Post
    i remember alonso during his minardi days, but this is ridiculous
    lack of speed , lack of mechanichal grip, lack of downforce....this is not ridiculous this is complitely stupid. We have a huge problem but from stefano and fry comes just ...this is just how we predict.....and i predict that soon Montezemolo will put both of you out, wanna bet???
    Race victories 219
    Pole positions 205
    Fastest laps 225

Quote Originally Posted by luicchi View Post
    lack of speed , lack of mechanichal grip, lack of downforce....this is not ridiculous this is complitely stupid. We have a huge problem but from stefano and fry comes just ...this is just how we predict.....and i predict that soon Montezemolo will put both of you out, wanna bet???
    i can imagine luca tearing his hair out already. oh dear.

no...no rain in qualy..but sure it will be rain tomorrow for race no douts!!!!
    http://www.accuweather.com/en/my/kua...233776?hour=33
    Race victories 219
    Pole positions 205
    Fastest laps 225

Don't know what everyone expects. If we are a second from pole this would be a gain from Australia as this track is longer. I appreciate its a different configuration but as a rule of thumb over a second is to be expected for now. Amazed how tight it is 1 second from 1st to 10th when last year that time would barely cover the top 3

massa on mediums still 2 tenths slower than alonso on hards..
    I think alonso gave up his lap on the medium rubber