Practice 2 06:00 - 07:30

Sat 24 March 2012
    Practice 3 05:00 - 06:00
    Qualifying 08:00

Sun 25 March 2012
    Race 09:00

2011 Race Edit - http://www.formula1.com/video/?uid=2011041002R
    Forza Ferrari

Don't forget the clocks go forward on Sunday morning for some of us!
    Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    Don't forget the clocks go forward on Sunday morning for some of us!
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that! Ta for the reminder.

The future is RED

Here's hoping it will be a dry Friday

Thanks for the timings.... at least now I know when I need to go to the circuit on friday/sat....

unLike past years, this year I'm not that well prepared on F1 due to some personal things happening in my life now :) but heck, I ain't missing the F1 circus....

Malaysian GP - Massa: “Start again from zero”3.22.2012

Sepang, 22 March – The F1 media are often keen to jump to conclusions: after Qualifying at Albert Park, the top three drivers were asked in the FIA press conference if that session was a reflection of what to expect for the whole season. After Sunday’s race, Lewis Hamilton was asked if he felt his title hopes were over. So perhaps it’s not surprising that, after just one race, the first of the season, the press, particularly the Italians have been claiming that Felipe Massa is to be replaced! The Brazilian Ferrari man is well used to these stories and so he was good natured when he had to dismiss them when he met the media in the hot and sticky Sepang paddock this afternoon. “We need to turn the page after Australia and start again from zero and that is what we are planning for this race, which I hope will get off to a good start,” he began. “This is not the first time that I have had a difficult race, there have been many. But one always has to look to the next one and this weekend will be only the second of the championship, so there is still time. As for Melbourne, it’s true I have never had a weekend where the car has felt so bad right from the first day. The car was not working the way it should and after just a few laps, the tyres were gone, but this was not a problem with the tyres, it was caused by the car’s lack of balance. We are changing the chassis for this race and I think it is the right thing to do. Every time I drove this car during winter testing I never had any of the problems I had from the first day in Australia. The day after Fernando drove the same car in Barcelona for example, there was never anything strange or different in terms of lap times, race pace or tyre degradation. Then you arrive in Australia and see that everything is different, so changing the chassis is definitely the right thing to do. But it’s not just the chassis that is changed for here, as we are replacing many of the components.”

Massa was keen to stress that while major components on the car had been changed, this was only aimed at solving the difficulties he encountered last week. “Even if we are changing the chassis and other parts, the car is still the same car in development terms that we had in Melbourne,” he explained. “We have to try this to get the most out of it, even if we are not where we ought to be in terms of performance compared to others. I hope this track will suit the car better.”

“The Italian press giving me a hard time? To be honest, I really don’t care,” insisted the Ferrari man. “I never drove depending on what others think or say about me. I just do my job thinking about trying to do the best I can in the car. When I arrived here in 2008, people were saying I was out of Ferrari, because I did not finish in Australia and then I did not finish here and it went on to become my best season. Things can change very quickly from one day to the next. The only thing I care about is to have the car I know from winter testing.”

Earlier in the day, Felipe and team-mate Fernando Alonso and other team members, went out to Turn 11, the scene of the death of the extremely popular Italian MotoGP rider, Marco Simoncelli. “What happened last October was a tragic accident and I think around the world, not just in Italy, his loss was felt,” stated Felipe. “However, we are here to race and to do our job and this is not the only race track where bad things have happened. If possible it would be nice to think that, on Sunday, I could have a good race in his memory.”

http://www.ferrari.com/English/Formu...from-zero.aspx
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Oh Good! Here we go again

I love practice - all the action and none of the stress

Quote Originally Posted by Alessandra View Post
    I love practice - all the action and none of the stress
    Good point, never thought of it that way before!

The future is RED

Free Practice in Australia was pretty stressful though seeing the car sliding around

Asked whether the characteristics of the high-speed Sepang circuit might signal a change in Ferrari's level of competiveness, Alonso's answer was bleak and brutally honest:
    "Hopefully yes but I don't think so, to be honest. ............. We don't expect any big miracles from Australia to Malaysia because the cars are identical.

Oh! OK........thank you, Fernando

My guess is we will be slower and worse here than at AUS
    we're number one

If its dry i will be happy if Ferrari score any points.

how's the weather in Malaysia now?? and for FP1?? will it be DRY?????
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

I want some rain because i need some drama :twisted

I don't think we stand a chance in the dry to be honest, we'll probably get murdered on the straights but i still hope the team can pick up some points. Rain in qualifying and damp track come race day, at least then if Ferrari don't perform well I'll have the joy of witnessing sliding cars and some brave wet driving. We need rivals to pick as many points off each other as possible....until we get our new car.

Massa gets a new chassis this week and Alonso did mention a few little updates. Will be Interesting to see where we are after this weekend!
    "The client is not always right." - Enzo Ferrari

I hope Ferrari do to McLaren what McLaren have done to Ferrari for too long. Steal the win through sheer luck in the wet by either having a better setup/strategy, even though the car is so much slower. Let's do it.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

I want a dry practice so we can test our new parts and improve our understanding of the car, and then rain in qualifying and at least part of the race. Alonso said in Australia that our car performed well in the wet conditions.

It's often forgotten that Alonso is great in the rain. Normally he drives intelligently and error-free in those conditions, but when he goes all out he's one of the quickest out there (remember Hungary 06 - his opening lap was arguably better than Senna's in Donnington 93). If he gets the car into Q3 and it's a wet track, Alonso can explore the limits. A safe lap wouldn't get us much higher than 10th anyway so Alonso has nothing to lose. He's much more likely to end up in the gravel but there's also a chance he could do something similar to what Hulk did in Brazil.

Remember 2008?

Hamilton dominated the first race in Australia. While Ferrari were completely off pace and kept on breaking down. Massa retired. Kimi managed 8th for one point! The Williams third then seemed like a potential race winner.

Then, one week later in Malaysia...

Pole to Massa. Kimi won but Massa span out. The Ferraris were giving the McLaren's 1.5 seconds a lap. Whilst the Williams were fighting for 17th place against the Auguri.
    And yeah, I just rewatched that race.

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Lorca View Post
    I want a dry practice so we can test our new parts and improve our understanding of the car, and then rain in qualifying and at least part of the race. Alonso said in Australia that our car performed well in the wet conditions.

It's often forgotten that Alonso is great in the rain. Normally he drives intelligently and error-free in those conditions, but when he goes all out he's one of the quickest out there (remember Hungary 06 - his opening lap was arguably better than Senna's in Donnington 93). If he gets the car into Q3 and it's a wet track, Alonso can explore the limits. A safe lap wouldn't get us much higher than 10th anyway so Alonso has nothing to lose. He's much more likely to end up in the gravel but there's also a chance he could do something similar to what Hulk did in Brazil.
    Also, Korea 2010 was a very good performence. Although, he did some crucial mistakes in the Belgium GP that year and Canadian one the following year.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegablue View Post
    Remember 2008?

Hamilton dominated the first race in Australia. While Ferrari were completely off pace and kept on breaking down. Massa retired. Kimi managed 8th for one point! The Williams third then seemed like a potential race winner.

Then, one week later in Malaysia...

Pole to Massa. Kimi won but Massa span out. The Ferraris were giving the McLaren's 1.5 seconds a lap. Whilst the Williams were fighting for 17th place against the Auguri.
    And yeah, I just rewatched that race.
    Something tells me me this year we won't see that happen unfortunately...

Quote Originally Posted by rochas View Post
    Also, Korea 2010 was a very good performence. Although, he did some crucial mistakes in the Belgium GP that year and Canadian one the following year.

I watched the Korea highlights numerous times, it was all so emotional and breathtaking. Whoever won that race would've felt special and I'm glad a Ferrari driver came out on top...one I'll never forget.

Quote Originally Posted by Alessandra View Post
    Asked whether the characteristics of the high-speed Sepang circuit might signal a change in Ferrari's level of competiveness, Alonso's answer was bleak and brutally honest:
    "Hopefully yes but I don't think so, to be honest. ............. We don't expect any big miracles from Australia to Malaysia because the cars are identical.

Oh! OK........thank you, Fernando
    At least we can never say he doesn't give his opinion....wether we like what he says or not.
    it tells something about his state of mind right now: he knows it's difficult if not almost impossible to get a good result with this car but again he will put his teeth in the steeringwheel and just go for it!
    A real racingdriver we have.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Quote Originally Posted by Alonsomaniac View Post
    At least we can never say he doesn't give his opinion....wether we like what he says or not.
    it tells something about his state of mind right now: he knows it's difficult if not almost impossible to get a good result with this car but again he will put his teeth in the steeringwheel and just go for it!
    A real racingdriver we have.
    This man deserves a Ferrari of 2002 or 2007!

Reminds me a lot of Alesi's endless efforts.

Does anyone know what the weather prediction is for the weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseman View Post
    Does anyone know what the weather prediction is for the weekend?
    http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/48647.html

Friday
    Partly cloudy. Fog early. High of 33C with a heat index of 39C. Winds from the NNW at 5 to 15 km/h shifting to the West in the afternoon.
    Friday Night
    Partly cloudy with a chance of a thunderstorm and rain. Fog overnight. Low of 24C. Winds less than 5 km/h. Chance of rain 20% with rainfall amounts near 0.8 mm possible.
    Saturday
    Clear with a chance of a thunderstorm and rain in the morning, then partly cloudy with a chance of a thunderstorm and rain. High of 33C with a heat index of 37C. Winds less than 5 km/h. Chance of rain 40% with rainfall amounts near 1.3 mm possible.
    Saturday Night
    Partly cloudy with a chance of a thunderstorm and rain. Fog overnight. Low of 24C. Winds less than 5 km/h. Chance of rain 40% with rainfall amounts near 0.5 mm possible.
    Sunday
    Partly cloudy with a chance of a thunderstorm and rain in the morning, then mostly cloudy with thunderstorms. High of 32C with a heat index of 37C. Winds less than 5 km/h. Chance of rain 50% with rainfall amounts near 4.1 mm possible.
    Sunday Night
    Partly cloudy with a chance of a thunderstorm and rain. Fog overnight. Low of 24C. Winds less than 5 km/h. Chance of rain 40% with rainfall amounts near 1.3 mm possible.

39 degrees MAMA mia, drivers won;t be able to tell whether they've wet themselves or not

@sagi59 thanks Looks like Sunday could be a washout with 4mm rain predicted

And it's go go go!

It's dry for now. Hopefully it will stay like that for today.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Link?? to view fp1 online

tanks !!! Grinsomx!!!
    Last edited by Richred; 23rd March 2012 at 02:41.
    ::Richred:: signed in red!

Quote Originally Posted by Richred View Post
    Link?? to view fp1 online
    vipbox.tv
    Life might be hard, Concrete is a lot harder