Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: A little support for Felipe Massa

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Yah bout time

Just need Stefano now then we have a direct line to who is getting sacked
    "The directors of the firm hired to run Ferrari after the other people had been sacked, wish it to be known that they have just been sacked."

Massa hasn't lost any speed, maybe a bit of confidence but not speed. It's hard being in that environment where he is clearly the no2 driver in the team and being constantly pounded by a superior team mate will wear him down. Having a difficult car at the same time makes it even harder to perform. I believe in Massa. I believe he will silence his MANY critics later in the season. We all saw what he can do in 2008, I was on my knees in front of the TV praying for Massa then just as I was praying for Eddie in '99 to win the championship. The sad thing is wherever you go in life you will always have those people who lays the boot in when a man is down. Forza Felipe!

Personally, I have little support for Massa. I don't mean to be cold or not feeling but Massa like all Formula One Drivers have a certain duration in the business. This is the nature of everything in life that everything has a limited span of time and then it is time to move on. Massa is not a kid anymore and he gets paid Huge Sums of Money to perform his job. He works for Ferrari, not some 2nd rate team that might tolerate Massa's lesser performance and with that he would be paid much less. When you work for a Top Team and get paid Top Salary Money you must perform your job at that level! No excuses! I wish Massa well but he is no longer able to do the job and that is sad but true. Time for him to move on.

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!

Why do people have such a hard time getting the fact that this thread is about supporting Massa?

Don't play dumb with me. I'm better at it than you are.

Quote Originally Posted by REDARMYSOJA View Post
    Why do people have such a hard time getting the fact that this thread is about supporting Massa?
    Cause they just don't want to accept that ANY driver in Felipe's shoe right now, would not have an easy ride.

And things are easier said than done, I'm sure Felipe and Ferrari begins working and thinking of the pleasure of the job, and showing support, but think about it, think about having over 900 people working probably overtime to deliver YOU something, and you AND a teammate who is nothing less than Alonso gets it too. The pressure is ridiculously big even for a seasoned driver like Felipe.

I agree with what Rubens said, it's a matter of Felipe keeping his head high all through the whole weekend, and simply race, and not worry about where Fernando is. I think he has to do that first.

Remember that at the beginning of their partnership Felipe seemed like he could keep up, even if the ending results the scoringboard didn't reflect it.

It was over time that he begun to fall behind. I understand why ferrari gave him a team order then in Germany, i don't agree with it, but i think there is one thing that we can all agree, the way they passed the message for felipe, could not be any worse.

You are leading a race, defending your position and your engineer has to tell you that the guy behind is faster than you, and keep repeating it, with Nando complainning on the radio too, the whole thing was just very hard on Felipe, and ever since then i think he hasn't recovered his best self esteem.

One thing is "for sure" (as felipe would say) if felipe had a car like redbull was giving vettel he would probably win the championship, Fernando is the fastest driver on the grid, but Felipe is the best defender on the grid. if he has a good qualifying and start of the race, we could see the same pace as we saw in Germany, and then the fear could return to him, that even if he is leading the race (and you don't get there by making mistakes) perhaps he would hear the same thing over the radio only better phrased this time.

Again I understand how mathematically it was the right decision in Germany, I just question the way it was done, and the long term effects that it could implicate, remember this was back in 2010 and Felipe still had at least 2 years driving in his dreamy little red car in F1. A punch like that, after the literal punch from exact one year before that could have an effect that the driver would still be feeling today. good thing he is a fighter, if he is not the strongest mentally, there's not doubt that he is a warrior at heart.

PS: On Felipe's mind (and that of many supporters) what kept creeping in was just thinking that he got up in front fairly and for his merit, and because of a championship extra points for Nando he has to move over, points that Fernando threw away for nothing, in a silly manner and without much worries at Monaco not long before. and then start pressuring something from the pitwall when those points were making alot of difference., that was something that Felipe didn't do to the team when he was on a even tighter fight in 2008.

And please don't be using this post to start bashing Fernando, everything I'm saying i'm doing so in a respectful way, not just because he is the best driver on the grid, but because he is also a driver for our scuderia, and for that matter it's only natural that we treat both with full support.
    Last edited by Poltergeistes; 5th April 2012 at 01:27.

T
    he art isn't in never falling but in always getting up.

I wonder what the comments would be if we hire someone that is quicker than Fernando

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseman View Post
    I wonder what the comments would be if we hire someone that is quicker than Fernando
    That's the problem, I think Alonso is the best driver over a season, with the best mix of speed, consistency, performing under pressure and adaptability, but others may be fastest in some races. If the car is the best, it's not a problem, same if it's almost equal to it's rivals, as both Ferrari drivers take points off each other and their competitors, thus Ferrari have 2 drivers fighting for the championship until late into the season, but if the Ferrari is slower than the competition, Alonso and his teammate will take points from each other while their oponents run away with the title.
    That's why I think that if one of the top3-5 drivers come to Ferrari, it will end with even less chances of winning a title, considering how Ferrari haven't being able to build a car that matches or beat the best cars out there for a few years now, a situation in which having a faster and a slower driver is better than having two drivers just as fast, for winning the WDC I mean, as the WCC is lost by default.
    But hey, if they bring another of the currently considered top drivers into the team and build dominant Ferraris for the next 10 years in a row I will be the last person to argue against it.

I, for one, feel that a team should have a num 1 and num 2 driver. And there is nothing wrong in that as long as the no.2 driver knows what he is signing in for. The hierarchy allows a team to work on strategies revolving around the order of things within the team. Makes it a more formidable "team" and gives one of the drivers a solid shot at the title.
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Poltergeistes View Post
    Cause they just don't want to accept that ANY driver in Felipe's shoe right now, would not have an easy ride.

And things are easier said than done, I'm sure Felipe and Ferrari begins working and thinking of the pleasure of the job, and showing support, but think about it, think about having over 900 people working probably overtime to deliver YOU something, and you AND a teammate who is nothing less than Alonso gets it too. The pressure is ridiculously big even for a seasoned driver like Felipe.

I agree with what Rubens said, it's a matter of Felipe keeping his head high all through the whole weekend, and simply race, and not worry about where Fernando is. I think he has to do that first.

Remember that at the beginning of their partnership Felipe seemed like he could keep up, even if the ending results the scoringboard didn't reflect it.

It was over time that he begun to fall behind. I understand why ferrari gave him a team order then in Germany, i don't agree with it, but i think there is one thing that we can all agree, the way they passed the message for felipe, could not be any worse.

You are leading a race, defending your position and your engineer has to tell you that the guy behind is faster than you, and keep repeating it, with Nando complainning on the radio too, the whole thing was just very hard on Felipe, and ever since then i think he hasn't recovered his best self esteem.

One thing is "for sure" (as felipe would say) if felipe had a car like redbull was giving vettel he would probably win the championship, Fernando is the fastest driver on the grid, but Felipe is the best defender on the grid. if he has a good qualifying and start of the race, we could see the same pace as we saw in Germany, and then the fear could return to him, that even if he is leading the race (and you don't get there by making mistakes) perhaps he would hear the same thing over the radio only better phrased this time.

Again I understand how mathematically it was the right decision in Germany, I just question the way it was done, and the long term effects that it could implicate, remember this was back in 2010 and Felipe still had at least 2 years driving in his dreamy little red car in F1. A punch like that, after the literal punch from exact one year before that could have an effect that the driver would still be feeling today. good thing he is a fighter, if he is not the strongest mentally, there's not doubt that he is a warrior at heart.

PS: On Felipe's mind (and that of many supporters) what kept creeping in was just thinking that he got up in front fairly and for his merit, and because of a championship extra points for Nando he has to move over, points that Fernando threw away for nothing, in a silly manner and without much worries at Monaco not long before. and then start pressuring something from the pitwall when those points were making alot of difference., that was something that Felipe didn't do to the team when he was on a even tighter fight in 2008.

And please don't be using this post to start bashing Fernando, everything I'm saying i'm doing so in a respectful way, not just because he is the best driver on the grid, but because he is also a driver for our scuderia, and for that matter it's only natural that we treat both with full support.
    This is a fantastic post... i completely agree with ur views.. Massa had his days in the best car and so did Nando.. Now that the car is under performing, we cannot judge how good/bad our drivers are.. Whatever happened in Malaysia was something that proved Nando is lucky.. if Massa finished 15th, it only meant he was unlucky like many others in Button and Vettel (the "cry" baby).. Lets give them two completely competitive cars and then talk about who is not performing to their brim.. until then we cannot even think about sacking Felipe.. He is too good a potential to be judged too soon...
    Always the best place to discuss facts and to outnumber RBR and Mclaren fans... Do join for constant updates of the brand that is Formula1 :)
    Formula1 Facebook Group
    Thank YOU

1. Felipe should not (will not?) be replaced mid-season. sure he struggled in the second half in Malaysia but he was up with the big guys in the early part...i didnt see him making any errors, the combination of the F2012/ rain/ Felipe/ tyres just didnt work.
    2. the biggest problem at Ferrari is the F2012, not Felipe. i dont buy the comparisons to Fernando, he's obviously great at driving around problems (something he got used to at Renault 2008/9)
    3. If there is a question mark on Felipe's confidence, i blame Ferrari not him. Early 2010, returning from his accident, he was still up there with Fernando and the rest...up until Nurburgring (i dont want to open that can of worms again!). if Felipe had been allowed to win that race...

in summary, if Felipe is dropped, it will be a clear indication of Ferrari wanting to find a scapegoat, nothing else...i'd much rather prefer the scapegoat to be "higher up"
    Felipe Massa for World Champion 2012!

Quote Originally Posted by REDARMYSOJA View Post
    'coz anyone wanting Felipe to be dropped now is bloodthirsty for a scapegoat!
    Felipe Massa for World Champion 2012!

While he's on our team I will ALWAYS support him FULLY
    and hope that his past brilliance returns - we need his valuable
    input and points contribution - this year maybe more than ever.
    We don't know what tomorrow will bring so I'm here for him
    whatever the circumstances might be. FORZA FERRARI!!! FORZA
    FELIPE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rocks.ral View Post
    This is a fantastic post... i completely agree with ur views.. Massa had his days in the best car and so did Nando.. Now that the car is under performing, we cannot judge how good/bad our drivers are.. Whatever happened in Malaysia was something that proved Nando is lucky.. if Massa finished 15th, it only meant he was unlucky like many others in Button and Vettel (the "cry" baby).. Lets give them two completely competitive cars and then talk about who is not performing to their brim.. until then we cannot even think about sacking Felipe.. He is too good a potential to be judged too soon...
    If "lucky" is one way of saying that he was way faster than Massa all through the race, then yes.

Let's not diminish Alonso's great achievements to try and paint a better picture of Massa, shall we?

Watching this video few minutes ago i realized that past two years a was not a human and not a true Ferrarista. I was disappointed whit Massa performance and all i was talking is Massa to go from Ferrari. But now i m happy that Ferrari kip him and really im proud. Also i hope that new improvements of the car will affect Massa performance and that he will give the best he can. To hit the wall whit 5g and before that spring hit you directly in the had, we need to be lucky he is alive.

Forza Ferrari and may the Force be whit you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuore Sportivo View Post

Watching this video few minutes ago i realized that past two years a was not a human and not a true Ferrarista. I was disappointed whit Massa performance and all i was talking is Massa to go from Ferrari. But now i m happy that Ferrari kip him and really im proud. Also i hope that new improvements of the car will affect Massa performance and that he will give the best he can. To hit the wall whit 5g and before that spring hit you directly in the had, we need to be lucky he is alive.

Forza Ferrari and may the Force be whit you.

Great post!!!!!
    Stehaufmännchen Felipe - Never give up!

"Fernando P.... is faster than you. Make sure you understand it ! Sorry fernando baby!" (Sorry guys I couldn't resist)!!

And that would be ?

Quote Originally Posted by sav_pap View Post
    "Fernando P.... is faster than you. Make sure you understand it ! Sorry fernando baby!" (Sorry guys I couldn't resist)!!
    not really funny. maybe you should try to resist a bit more
    not gonna change my profile picture

Quote Originally Posted by Agron View Post
    If "lucky" is one way of saying that he was way faster than Massa all through the race, then yes.

Let's not diminish Alonso's great achievements to try and paint a better picture of Massa, shall we?
    I think we mean the other way around to what you understood, instead of us diminishin alonso to try to paint a better massa, what we mean is that felipe (and any driver for that matter) would have to have a winnin car, and also ALOT of lucky.

We are not sayin that Fernando's merits are thanks to lucky, we are sayin that most of Felipes bad results came and still comes from unbeliaveble unlucky races.

If we analyze every race, that felipe was very behind, the majority would be that, at some point of the race felipe was matching fernando's laptimes, and then another driver would somehow implicate's felipes race, not by being faster or overtakin him, but simply crashing into him, which means, not felipe's fault.

Of course that this isn't ALL bad luck, but i reckon that for a F1 driver, that works for the scuderia, which could be considerable one of the most stressing job on the planet (that doesn't implicates losing people's lives of course) if you catch a few consecutive races due to lets say... Being in front of hamilton who doesn't understand the concept of overtaking, even when it's clearly not felipe's fault still he is pressured and criticized cause they compare his results with fernandos. who by the way, not only is the best driver on the grid and has been for quite sometime, has been very lucky in not getting his races destroyed by other driver's mistakes thank god.

T
    he art isn't in never falling but in always getting up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille Ball
    Luck? I don't know anything about luck. I've never banked on it and I'm afraid of people who do. Luck to me is something else: Hard work - and realizing what is opportunity and what isn't.
    http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/86608.Lucille_Ball

Quote Originally Posted by sv_godspeed View Post
    1. Felipe should not (will not?) be replaced mid-season. sure he struggled in the second half in Malaysia but he was up with the big guys in the early part...i didnt see him making any errors, the combination of the F2012/ rain/ Felipe/ tyres just didnt work.
    2. the biggest problem at Ferrari is the F2012, not Felipe. i dont buy the comparisons to Fernando, he's obviously great at driving around problems (something he got used to at Renault 2008/9)
    3. If there is a question mark on Felipe's confidence, i blame Ferrari not him. Early 2010, returning from his accident, he was still up there with Fernando and the rest...up until Nurburgring (i dont want to open that can of worms again!). if Felipe had been allowed to win that race...

in summary, if Felipe is dropped, it will be a clear indication of Ferrari wanting to find a scapegoat, nothing else...i'd much rather prefer the scapegoat to be "higher up"

I agree. I would think the lesson would have been learned, about replacing and wrongly judging a Ferrari driver having to cope with a less than perfect car, already.

Fernando do seem to carry a car on his back when others struggle in the same machinery. That is one of his strong points that makes him such a talent.

Now weather it is his accident, him loosing the championship in 2008, having to let Fernando pass and giving him victory so close to his accidents anniversary, the fact that it is very difficult to keep up with Fernando when he gets a car to work when others can't or the combination of all these factors. Massa is wrongly judged when the real issue is with the dog of a car that he is presented with.

I also bayed for Massa's blood. It was a hot headed reaction not worthy of Massa's talent and contribution to the team over so many years. The car is the problem.

Yes, Massa also needs to regain some confidence, but as long as Ferrari have a underperforming car battling for 12'th on the grid no one will be a suitable replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by ManFromMilan View Post
    having to let Fernando pass and giving him victory so close to his accidents anniversary
    That's quite out of bounds. Would be stupid for anyone to think that this has even formed to be an issue for Massa. Superstitious and overly sensitive much?

I have to say, I don't know how any one incident or aspect can be "blamed" for what's happening this season, be it with Massa (specifically) or Ferrari (generally). From the relatively little I know, compared to so many here, I've come to understand that F1 is a combined effort where the team, the driver, the car, become one and all are at the mercy of Lady Luck on race day.

I think we're all frustrated, considering how long it has been since Ferrari showed its true colours, and we're all grasping at straws to find the reason(s) that's happening. That's counterproductive. Rather than pointing fingers, looking for excuses, creating scenarios that may not even exist, or living in the past, let's try a little faith and patience.

Obviously, we can and should discuss the "what ifs" and "could have beens"; but, in the end, there is no point arguing amongst one another when we don't agree with the possibly outlandish comments some of us are posting as if they are ascertations beyond the shadow of a doubt. In the end, we are ALL speculating on the problems with the car, the team, the drivers! As adults, I think we can do that respectfully, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Katu View Post
    not really funny. maybe you should try to resist a bit more
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by sav_pap View Post
    Why?
    Because: This joke is getting old, can you confirm you understood that message?

Massa has had a few weeks off, let's hope he has had time to regroup. If the Ferrari is a changed car come Spain and Alonso manages to achieve constant podiums from their onwards whilst Massa remains in the form he is currently in, then I'm afraid he will have to walk. IMO he should already be gone, but because the car is so bad right now, i don't think hiring a new driver is the priority.
    I'm hoping for his own good his fortunes take a turn for the best, because if he continues driving like he has in the past two races he'll find it hard to find a new team next year. Because lets face it, Ferrari would be mad to hire him again after his contract ends.
    "The client is not always right." - Enzo Ferrari

If the car was perfect, Fernando was perfect and Felipe was not, then I could understand people calling for Felipe being replaced. Not now.
    So let's just wait until the car is a real Ferrari and then let's see what Felipe does.
    I'm quite sure we will see a different Felipe then.
    First things first!
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Quote Originally Posted by Alonsomaniac View Post
    If the car was perfect, Fernando was perfect and Felipe was not, then I could understand people calling for Felipe being replaced. Not now.
    So let's just wait until the car is a real Ferrari and then let's see what Felipe does.
    I'm quite sure we will see a different Felipe then.
    First things first!
    So what if we dont have a perfect car?
    The comparison can be made with a second class car also,we can see that Alonso is by miles better then Massa in a slower car and it will remain the same if the car is better in comparison to Alonso.
    But yeah i agree with you that we will see a faster Massa when the car is faster,lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    So what if we dont have a perfect car?
    The comparison can be made with a second class car also,we can see that Alonso is by miles better then Massa in a slower car and it will remain the same if the car is better in comparison to Alonso.
    But yeah i agree with you that we will see a faster Massa when the car is faster,lol.
    Alonso is fast in a good car but also in a mediocre car.
    Massa needs a good car to perform, so no, it will not remain the same in a better car.
    I know that and I suppose you do to. Or at least, you should know....
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Quote Originally Posted by Alonsomaniac View Post
    Alonso is fast in a good car but also in a mediocre car.
    Massa needs a good car to perform, so no, it will not remain the same in a better car.
    I know that and I suppose you do to. Or at least, you should know....
    If I may interject, I believe Stormy was suggesting that even when Massa does have a good car, he may well be performing better than he is now; but, regardless of the car, Massa will still not be at the same level as Alonso.