Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The rant/burning torch/sack 'em all brigade thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    So anyone who expresses an opinion that doesn't match that of the majority should leave the forum?
    What's the point in debating if we all have to agree?
    Whilst i do agree with you that sometimes people on this forum are too sensitive to criticism, this particular guy "vecchiasignora" has gone on record blaming Alonso for Ferrari's troubles this year. Which is quite frankly speaking ridiculous to say the least. Just thought I'd clarify why he is being targeted.
    "The client is not always right." - Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by RedRebel40 View Post
    I think the biggest fault is by luca di montezomolo for kicking out schumacher and not making ross brawn team manager after Todt left...
    Agreed that he should of done everything to keep Brawn.
    Though if things not pan out at Merc this year, I'm still hopeful he will return.

Quote Originally Posted by vecchiasignora View Post
    I want everybody gone. the drivers, top engineers, dominicalli..
    everybody..

I want to start from scratch.bring the whole red bull team to here..I want everything from scratch.
    I want to see top people in ferrari thrown out.
    And then what??
    When everybody's gone, then we will have to drive the car ourselves?
    I don't even know where they keep the keys of the car....

You are so funny, keep up the good work!
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

MODS, how much did you pay for this comedian to pay us a visit?

Just closed the thread. Period.

Forza Ferrari

Come on Massa

Isaac Ang

what i dont understand is why people are afraid of sacking

its not like we are trying to fix sthg which is not broken..we lose nthg from trying to change..we are disastrous .

Well, chris dyer n aldo costa were sacked...has the car improved ??

as Pat fry said, we are a bit behind in simulation work n Ferrari have begun to put together all this...it took us 20 years to win again..winning does not come easy n is complicated in F1...n sacking is always not the answer

So anyone who expresses an opinion that doesn't match that of the majority should leave the forum?
    He's not debating. Just read all his posts - obviously he's not ok. May be because we are in troubles. But we shouldn't just fire them all (drivers, engeeners ect.)
    This season will be the "Rosso Corsa" season!
    Fernando is FAster than anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegablue View Post
    Agreed that he should of done everything to keep Brawn.
    Though if things not pan out at Merc this year, I'm still hopeful he will return.
    I hope both brawn and schumacher return. Imagine Monza exploding if schumachers wins it once again driving a ferrari!

Quote Originally Posted by Jose-Lorca Fan View Post
    MODS, how much did you pay for this comedian to pay us a visit?
    I must admit it was a great gesture to hire this guy just to cheer us up a little....

I think the biggest fault is by luca di montezomolo for kicking out schumacher and not making ross brawn team manager after Todt left...
    Fire Luca let him go to politics and give the job to Todt

how has Ferrari come to this

Sorry man, but your boy Alonso has been most disappointing top driver we had.
    Schumacher, kimi > alonso

It's amazing how people can have such different interpretations

There is a MASSIVE difference between debating an opinion as part of constructive criticism and simple blanket lambasting of a team and calling for heads with no reasoned argument whatsoever and no interaction with people to debate the points they raise to it.

When some of these posters realise that we arent all here to stamp our little feet and believe that Ferrari owe them something then maybe they will also realise that them demanding sackings is not debate, its just self indulgence.

We've heard it all before, many times before. "Sack em" is very easy to say but isnt a reasoned argument - except it makes people feel better cos they arent interested in the nitty gritty of where the problems REALLY lie.

England Football Manager Syndrome at it's worst!
    Last edited by Tifosi; 24th March 2012 at 11:58.

"Luna faccia schiaffo testa"

everybody..

I want to start from scratch.bring the whole red bull team to here..I want everything from scratch.
    Agreed, and while you are at it change the Ferrari colour to Black or Gray.
    A rhino must replace the Ferrari horse.
    And try to deal with Haug to supply us with Mercedes engines.

everybody..

My Saturday morning just got better.

I hope both brawn and schumacher return. Imagine Monza exploding if schumachers wins it once again driving a ferrari!
    As far as I know, Schumi decided not to continue as he wanted to retire. If he wanted to continue, Luca would have give him another contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino View Post
    Agreed, and while you are at it change the Ferrari colour to Black or Gray.
    A rhino must replace the Ferrari horse.
    And try to deal with Haug to supply us with Mercedes engines.
    I vote for Cosworth...it would definitely place us on the front row seen in the reverse direction.....
    About the rhino...just be sure to tie it up secure or it could punch the front tyres.

Fernando in Australia was enormous and made me feel as if Gilles were alive, with the passage of time if they return to watch the race you will realize. What vecchiasignora says, is more from the passion that since the reason why is clear. Returning to Fernando, many say the formula 1 is only a matter of having a good car, no matter what the pilot ... and very true is that it is not, the early years of schumacher since that first victory in Spain in the rain all passing by outside or the last race of Ferdinand are proof of that. Many will say but I do not win ... if it's true I do not finish first, but won the applause and respect for being a great athlete and a formidable high competition racing driver as Schumacher, Gilles did before. Ferrari Vecchiasignora win and lose together!

Forza Ferrari.
    Last edited by Richred; 24th March 2012 at 17:38.
    ::Richred:: signed in red!

Wrong! They tried with Schumacher at the "muretto" but he quickly became the loughing stock for his strategy suggestions.
    As for Brawn he's definitly the best when it comes to find technical loopholes (see BrawnGP) plus, no doubt, he's extremely gifted to fill up his bank account (see deal with Honda), and certainly, like many others, he's not bothered by ethics (see how he dealt with, and screwed, Button).
    I never specially appreciated Todt as a person but let render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's, the real genious behind the glorious years of Ferrari was Todt. Brawn was just one of his team, certainly not the driving force. See what he's doing with Mercedes. Oh yes, this year he has performed another of his magics, he found again a loophole...
    I understand your frustration, Red Rebel, but your suggestions sound like archaeological diggings.
    Addio Signor Enzo. Ciao Gilles.

So a few strategy mistakes mask his succes and determination for the ten years he drove for us? Did you watch the 1996-2006 period? Did you see the tiffosis at Monza in all those years?

Brawn is a genious and he isnt the guy who finds the loopholes. What he does is giving the design team more freedom to brainstorm wildly on new ideas and solutions. Isnt one of our complaints that the design team isnt innovative? I think he is great peoples mottivator and manager getting 110% out of everyone.

And besides those are not loopholes because nothing has been banned yet, they interpretate the spirit of the rules just better as we do.

I dont know why luca di montezmolo choose for stefano dominicale instead of ross brawn?

Brawn has shares in Merc and is happy living at home with his family and grand children.
    Forza Ferrari

Yes it is way too late now.

Whilst i do agree with you that sometimes people on this forum are too sensitive to criticism, this particular guy "vecchiasignora" has gone on record blaming Alonso for Ferrari's troubles this year. Which is quite frankly speaking ridiculous to say the least. Just thought I'd clarify why he is being targeted.
    Vecchiasignora means Old woman.
    [SIGPIC]

So a few strategy mistakes mask his succes and determination for the ten years he drove for us? Did you watch the 1996-2006 period? Did you see the tiffosis at Monza in all those years?

Brawn is a genious and he isnt the guy who finds the loopholes. What he does is giving the design team more freedom to brainstorm wildly on new ideas and solutions. Isnt one of our complaints that the design team isnt innovative? I think he is great peoples mottivator and manager getting 110% out of everyone.

And besides those are not loopholes because nothing has been banned yet, they interpretate the spirit of the rules just better as we do.

I dont know why luca di montezmolo choose for stefano dominicale instead of ross brawn?
    Let's see:

"a few strategy mistakes"? Simply because they only gave him few occasions.

"Brawn is a genius". Genius? Did you really mean genius? Then maybe you should check again the dictionary.

"he isnt the guy who finds the loopholes" Well, I hope he's the one that does, because that's what he does best.

"And besides those are not loopholes because nothing has been banned yet, they interpretate the spirit of the rules just better as we do" Wow, mate! You would make a splendid politician! So, while checking on the dictionary for the definition of "genius", check also for "euphemism".

"I dont know why luca di montezmolo choose for stefano dominicale instead of ross brawn?"
    Three reasons at least:
    a) Because, versus what you believe, Brawn without a Todt over him isn't much. Proof: Mercedes.
    b) Because he couldn't buy back the services of Todt and couldn't buy back the youth for Michael.
    c) And finally because, as the old proverb goes, you can't make new with old.

Have a nice sunday race anyhow, amico.

I can not wait to step on the mc laren's
    ::Richred:: signed in red!

While I dont want anyone sacked, the simple truth is Ferrari built a duck this year that needs a lot of work. Now mabey there is a hidden potential that
    theyve yet to realize and it is a well designed car, or mabey it is what it is and no amount of work will make it anything other than what it is. This is yet to be seen.

I did not, nor do I now agree with the sacking of Costa and Dyer. I do believe that Fry was a step down, thought it back then and still do. But as that is my
    opinion, I have to stand behind him, as they are part of Ferrari. Luca went nuts, wanted to win quickly to give Nando a wdc, and in doing so, made things a bit confused.

SD takes so much heat for everything, he doesnt design the cars. And of course, Brawn has benifitted by getting Costa and whatever Ferrari info he could get out of him.
    Now we are chasing Brawn again. Its as if Ferrari became someone else, and Merc became Ferrari. Its like we're chasing our old selves.

I hope Ferrari DO unlock a hidden potential of the F2012. To see us running midfield after all the hubbub off season about a new car that really cant beat the F150
    is a bit disheartening. Now may I iterate, this is simply my opinion. As far as some of the posts Ive read on here lately, the one poster is simply a plant, calling for FA
    to be axed. He's simply trying to get you all riled up and should simply be ignored. The current situation is bad enough without it.

I do hope Ferrari pulls something out of their but cheeks n runs well Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    While I dont want anyone sacked, the simple truth is Ferrari built a duck this year that needs a lot of work. Now mabey there is a hidden potential that
    theyve yet to realize and it is a well designed car, or mabey it is what it is and no amount of work will make it anything other than what it is. This is yet to be seen.

I did not, nor do I now agree with the sacking of Costa and Dyer. I do believe that Fry was a step down, thought it back then and still do. But as that is my
    opinion, I have to stand behind him, as they are part of Ferrari. Luca went nuts, wanted to win quickly to give Nando a wdc, and in doing so, made things a bit confused.

SD takes so much heat for everything, he doesnt design the cars. And of course, Brawn has benifitted by getting Costa and whatever Ferrari info he could get out of him.
    Now we are chasing Brawn again. Its as if Ferrari became someone else, and Merc became Ferrari. Its like we're chasing our old selves.

I hope Ferrari DO unlock a hidden potential of the F2012. To see us running midfield after all the hubbub off season about a new car that really cant beat the F150
    is a bit disheartening. Now may I iterate, this is simply my opinion. As far as some of the posts Ive read on here lately, the one poster is simply a plant, calling for FA
    to be axed. He's simply trying to get you all riled up and should simply be ignored. The current situation is bad enough without it.

+1

Quote Originally Posted by brembo man View Post
    Vecchiasignora means Old woman.
    in this case, I think he was aiming at "Old Nag"!!

We should summon our old friends the Cosa Nostra to help,I ALMOST FORGOT ABOUT THEM !

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post

Well, I think that sums it up like it is....and I really hope with you that they find something in that car to show it's true potential, because if this is what it is Ferrari is really in trouble. Not only with having this car, but even more with how to build a designteam that will never do this again.