Thread: Any Information will be appreciated - PLEASE!!

Any Information will be appreciated - PLEASE!!

Hi there guys

I go to silverstone every year and i am also attending this year

however i am also going to the italian grand prix as i finally wanna see the reds in action in their home country!!

however i am currently looking into prices / places to stay / flights etc and i dont know what to do for the best in regards to where to stay etc .

has anyone on this forum ever been to italy for the grand prix at all ? i am from the Uk and if anyone has been there before any information would be greatly appreciated so please can you let me know anything you think may help

i am looking to book this soon so i could do with help as soon as poss

Thanks in advance guys - FORZA ;)
    "Red bull might have the fastest car, but we have the better team" Fernando Alonso

I've been. I stayed in a village beside Lake Como, but most stay in Milan so that'd be your best bet, as there will be trains going directly to Monza itself.

Amazing race to go to. I'm hitting Monaco this year instead but do plan to go back to Italy at some point
    Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    I'm hitting Monaco this year instead but do plan to go back to Italy at some point
    Make sure you get a photo together with Flavio in his speedos.
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lo52ws9xLo1qlt7lao1_500.gif

Quote Originally Posted by TheProdigalSon View Post
    If I see Flav, I will be walking very quickly in the opposite direction.
    Forza Jules

Milan would be the best option to stay. Unlike other venues (Barcelona, Singapore) they do not double hotel prices during the weekend. depending where your ticket is you may have to walk some 30-40 minutes from the circuit train station to the stand. try to find the underpass, saves a lot of walking.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    If I see Flav, I will be walking very quickly in the opposite direction.
    make sure you do it very quickly, i'm afraid what damage seeing him (in speedos) might do to your eye sight
    not gonna change my profile picture

Quote Originally Posted by TheProdigalSon View Post
    Don't mention Flavio and speedos together or Tifosi will end up posting an entire photo album of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sianellen View Post
    Don't mention Flavio and speedos together or Tifosi will end up posting an entire photo album of them.
    Oh God no!!

The future is RED

Hi,

I have been there last year, stayed outside suburb in Milan called Affori, we hired a car and got to Monza in 20 min every day using SS35, A52 (no traffic), not like other main roads to Monza :)
    we parked on street and also found a house with big field and the elderly couple rented parking spaces for about 15 euro/day..

for hotel booking I use www.booking.com for good price/selection of hotels and conditions of booking.

Enjoy it!! it is extraordinary.. the best grand prix you can get...not so much organised though, but the atmosphere is electric.

This year is Abu Dhabi for me, and Melbourne was as I live here :)

If you would like someone else to do the organising then Select Motor Racing are excellent and offer various packages including accommodation, travel and circuit transfers, tickets and pitlane walk on the Thursday. Some years they also organise a trip to Milan and/or Maranello. It's a little bit more expensive than travelling independently but IMHO it's well worth it Fingers crossed I'll be going this year

As suzie mentioned there are trains going almost in the track. When I was there in 2007 I remember that on Sunday you could go to the track only by bus. Trains were unavailable only for Sunday. Also bus left us so far that we were walking for about half an hour. Enjoy the race.