Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223

Thread: Mugello F1 testing,1-3 May 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Homan13PSU View Post
    You can bet that Alain Prost would have saved the car in a similar situation...
    Absolutely!

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    Absolutely!
    I think you started a fun little meme for the board for the 2012 season.

Prost would have said the car was **** and been fired by now
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Prost would have said the car was **** and been fired by now
    Well...he IS French.

Quote Originally Posted by Homan13PSU View Post
    Well...he IS French.

ha

"I cannot judge what he did in his time at Renault and McLaren but I have worked with World Champions Schumacher, Villeneuve and Raikkonen and Fernando is the one who impresses me the most," said Gene.

Sorry I've been really busy this week did not find the time to focus on F1 and I really don't feel like going through 23 pages, is the car any better, showing promises?

Looks better anyway, which is not a bad thing for a start!

"I cannot judge what he did in his time at Renault and McLaren but I have worked with World Champions Schumacher, Villeneuve and Raikkonen and Fernando is the one who impresses me the most," said Gene.

Quote Originally Posted by NanoTheQuickest View Post
    Sorry I've been really busy this week did not find the time to focus on F1 and I really don't feel like going through 23 pages, is the car any better, showing promises?

3-4 tenths or so. Supposedly another 3-4 tenths on the way...

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by NanoTheQuickest View Post

We have found roughly 1.5 seconds from our updates and hope to be at the front of the field in Barcelona. Alain Prost has been announced as a replacement for Massa for the final 4 races, with him mounting a title challenge in 2013.

Alonso has dyed his hair green and had hair extensions, while Stefano has new Harry Potter style glasses.

Jean Todt was seen walking around the paddock with a Ferrari cap on, as other teams complained about taking part in the test.

Hope that helps
    Last edited by Ste; 4th May 2012 at 21:03.

We have found roughly 1.5 seconds from our updates and hope to be at the front of the field in Barcelona. Alain Prost has been announced as a replacement for Massa for the final 4 races, with him mounting a title challenge in 2013.

Alonso has died his hair green and had hair extensions, while Stefano has new Harry Potter style glasses.

Jean Todt was seen walking around the paddock with a Ferrari cap on, as other teams complained about taking part in the test.

Hope that helps
    I read Alonso has died and I was like wooaaahhh!!! Who will replace him, we already have Prost! The green in his extensions totally won't clash with his red race suit

Quote Originally Posted by Sianellen View Post
    I read Alonso has died and I was like wooaaahhh!!! Who will replace him, we already have Prost! The green in his extensions totally won't clash with his red race suit
    Bit ott...

Bit ott...
    It was in your original post

It was in your original post
    Died his hair was!

Died his hair was!
    Dyed for hair (I just played on it for giggles, not being serious )

Dyed for hair (I just played on it for giggles, not being serious )
    Oops, autocorrect. Oh, and second post. lol.

Oops, autocorrect. Oh, and second post. lol.
    Just word play Ste, no malice. What can I say, I'm bored.

@Crucial_extreme nice job mate in compiling those pictures and comparison was perfectly done.

Just word play Ste, no malice. What can I say, I'm bored.
    I meant my second post it auto-corrected as well.

As long as we've gain 0.5 sec in race pace come Barca, we should be in the top 6 and not top 10 making possible to fight for podiums. Regularity is the key thing this season I think!!!!

Hopefully we're not fighting with the Williams anymore and we've leapfrogged Mercedes in race pace. I wonder how our qualifying pace will compare.
    "The client is not always right." - Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Jose-Lorca Fan View Post
    Hopefully we're not fighting with the Williams anymore and we've leapfrogged Mercedes in race pace. I wonder how our qualifying pace will compare.
    Lol. Is it just me unrealistically hoping we'll be fighting for poles and wins?

Quote Originally Posted by Omegablue View Post
    that is unrealistic.. like people at Ferrari have quoted "There is no magic button in Formula1" we sure will be doing that soon though..
    Always the best place to discuss facts and to outnumber RBR and Mclaren fans... Do join for constant updates of the brand that is Formula1 :)
    Formula1 Facebook Group
    Thank YOU

I think we will, but not just yet. Barcelona will be just the first step. I hope it will be a big one tho'. :D

Quote Originally Posted by rocks.ral View Post
    that is unrealistic.. like people at Ferrari have quoted "There is no magic button in Formula1" we sure will be doing that soon though..
    Yup, we got only Jenson. :)

In the last race, we have not just a slow car, but a problematic one. Lack of top speed, lack of traction, and the pace drop off as the fuel load gets lighter. I'm just hoping that we've fix all this problem first.

If we can get a stable car, then Ferrari can work on improving it to start fighting for wins

Gained .5 sec? Compared to what? Who? Where? When??
    We wont know whats gained or lost until we race. Would be
    fantastic to have gained that much on the field, especially
    on race pace and speed. We will see.
    And it aint Prost, its Tambay!

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    Gained .5 sec? Compared to what? Who? Where? When??
    We wont know whats gained or lost until we race. Would be
    fantastic to have gained that much on the field, especially
    on race pace and speed. We will see.
    honestly speaking.. they have worked in stabilizing the car on the first 2 days of testing.. going back and forth on setups... making exhaust changes and only on the final day they brought a few new updates.. now that they know the times have matched with that in the wind tunnel.. they r sure the wind tunnel problems have been negated.. So any input here on in will only improve the car and will our more than just capable duo, m sure we'l work ourselves up the grid pretty quickly.. we r very strong in 2 areas without a pinch of a doubt: quick pit stops and reliability.. so with the upgrades expected for FP1 at Barcelona.. i hope we can gain more than 6 or 7 tenths... that shud be very good considering the struggle it was to bring back the car from a basic bad design.. m still guessing ferrari have secrets they r not letting out just yet.. holding onto the pull rod suspension and the end pipe design along with engine cover... all in all.. it is looking good for Barcelona.. i also have a feeling we can get on the podium if we find the sweet spot.. barcelona won't be easy though now that pirelli have opted to bring in 2 extreme tyre compunds... it is going to a real head scratcher for those who work on strategies.. All we have to do is pray we make it as far ahead the pack in barcelona and the future upgrades will enable a further lead and a consistent pole sitting car.

Forza Ferrari \m/
    Always the best place to discuss facts and to outnumber RBR and Mclaren fans... Do join for constant updates of the brand that is Formula1 :)
    Formula1 Facebook Group
    Thank YOU

Luca di Montezemolo says Barcelona could provide springboard Ferrari needs to get into world championship fight

Luca di Montezemolo Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo says a more competitive showing from his team at this weekend's Spanish Grand Prix will be the springboard his team needs to get itself firmly into the world championship fight.

With the Italian outfit set to introduce a major upgrade to its F2012 in Barcelona, and the first components from that package having shown good track correlation at last week's Mugello test, Ferrari is under no illusions about the importance of a lift in performance this time out.

And ahead of a plan for a further series of developments that are planned for the next few races, di Montezemolo feels the shape of the campaign will be defined by how Ferrari performs at Barcelona.

"I've just spent a long while with our technicians, and they are confident, but we need to see what the others have done," di Montezemolo told Rai Sport during a special event at Fiorano on Tuesday to celebrate the 30th anniversary of Gilles Villeneuve's death.

"What I want is a more competitive car in Spain, and then we can go for it this season. This is what I've asked because we have a nice development program beyond Spain."

Di Montezemolo does not hide from the fact that he was expecting more from Ferrari at the start of the campaign - with the team having spoken all winter about its high hopes for this year's campaign.

"I was left disappointed with the way we started the season, I didn't expect it," he said. "From our technicians and data, I was given the impression of a different situation.

"Having said that, four races have gone by with four different winners, and one of these races was won by us. We are there and now we need to take a step forward with a more competitive car that is less difficult to drive and that gives confidence to the drivers."

Di Montezemolo also suggests that Ferrari's chance of success in F1 is being compromised by the fact that aerodynamics are now so important – which is why the team has been looking at recruiting design staff from elsewhere.

"Formula 1 is in constant evolution and this is why I've told my men that in these last two years we have been a bit too isolated inside Maranello, we need fresh air coming from the outside,"
    he said.

"We are a car manufacturer: for us the mechanical structure, the engine, the gearbox, the chassis, the suspensions are fundamental. These regulations instead wrongly make aerodynamics the fundamental element to win or lose, but that means that we needed to bring more aerodynamic competence and experience.

"We are doing that, and I expect to see an improved Ferrari in Spain with a view to further improve during the season because I want to win."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/99449

Quote Originally Posted by Dino View Post
    Cannot help but think how right Pat Fry is to want big changes to how Ferrari should start to build it's Formula One cars from now on.
    While Ferrari needed this test so desperately to be sure their updates do work our direct competitors showed that they would rather improve their cars by other means [at their base].

RED BULL;...“It’s very beautiful and the food is very good, but we are spending a lot of money and honestly we didn’t feel the need to come here,” said Red Bull boss Christian Horner when asked about the usefulness of testing at Mugello in Tuscany.

LOTUS;.......Eric Boullier described the test as “money spent needlessly”

MCLAREN;...Testing is pointless! McLaren's Button dismisses Mugello session.

It is quite obvious that we need to copy their way of building and developing racing cars at the factory and not rely so much on testing.
    Mclaren said testing was pointless and opted to run their test drivers. However, now Whitmarsh is saying ""We got a lot of feedback from Mugello, so we have the data to set it up and can find the performance on track." They are also going to be running their new "higher" nose this weekend. Seems as though testing wasn't such a waste of time for them.

Full Article: http://planetf1.com/news/3213/774176...es-For-McLaren

It seems the ones who were crying that it was a waste of time were the ones that were scared of the progress that Ferrari was making. I'm sure if they needed to improve their cars drastically they would not have been opposed to the test.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Perhaps, the value of the on-track testing is directly proportional to the number of problems a team is trying to solve and whether or not the track is the best place to address those problems.