Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Mugello F1 testing,1-3 May 2012

Lets hope for the best ! Forza Ferrari..

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    Why would it have to be altered? Have other teams altered theirs at every track? Once it works and doesn't destroy tyres, the only alterations will be improvements to the system which will work everywhere.
    Yup u r right...

Any news what`s in the bag for tomorrow...and any updates on weather for 2morrow....hope we have a dry session...

It's a shame there is no video coverage of the test. Mugello is such a cool track, it would be great to watch the cars go round there. Mugello is top of my wish list to host a Formula 1 race

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseman View Post
    It's a shame there is no video coverage of the test. Mugello is such a cool track, it would be great to watch the cars go round there. Mugello is top of my wish list to host a Formula 1 race
    In their current iterations, I can't really see past Merc winning Monza so perhaps something with a few more corners may be beneficial for the scuderia.

Could it be that Ferrari knew that the original exhaust solution worked better than the other solutions but did not use it because they did not want others to copy it & also that they had so many problems with the rest of the car to solve, because it looks like little has been done to the exhaust(looks wise)...If a team with limited resources (Sauber) came up with an all new exhaust in a couple of months,Ferrari could have easily done earlier...
    Just a thought..

Quote Originally Posted by kiwifella View Post
    OMG 18 years ago today.................................

Seems like yesterday.

YES... darkest day in the history of Motorsport...
    Always the best place to discuss facts and to outnumber RBR and Mclaren fans... Do join for constant updates of the brand that is Formula1 :)
    Formula1 Facebook Group
    Thank YOU

Quote Originally Posted by Fer12 View Post
    Could it be that Ferrari knew that the original exhaust solution worked better than the other solutions but did not use it because they did not want others to copy it & also that they had so many problems with the rest of the car to solve, because it looks like little has been done to the exhaust(looks wise)...If a team with limited resources (Sauber) came up with an all new exhaust in a couple of months,Ferrari could have easily done earlier...
    Just a thought..
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Fer12 View Post
    Just a thought..
    It isn't that they didn't want others to copy it, but it wasn't working that great in the first place. But in theory, according to Pat Fry, it can be a very efficient device.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Quote Originally Posted by F1NAC View Post

That from today?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseman View Post
    Does Mugello carry a 1 track rating from FIA to host a grand prix?

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

I wonder if he was fastest "only" because of the rain...

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    I wonder if he was fastest "only" because of the rain...
    No. We have overtaken every team ahead of us. The new black painted front wing pylons have given us at least 1.5 seconds, if not 2.

No. We have overtaken every team ahead of us. The new black painted front wing pylons have given us at least 1.5 seconds, if not 2.
    Couple that with the automatic .8 seconds 'Nando carries with him and boom!

Camera trick or running a different tyre on front right?
    Forza Ferrari

Definitely not a camera trick, that's an inter on the front right and wets on the rest of the car. Strange

EDIT - Just had a quick Google. Looks like the blue full wets are actually 2011 Inters, the green being a 2012 Inter. That does look to be the case, since the blue tyres are missing the coloured band and the "cinturato" markings. Still weird though.
    Last edited by Ste; 1st May 2012 at 21:53.

Too much emphasis on exhaust and brake duct Regardless, hoping the boys iron out the bugs.

Year 2000: R.I.P Formula 1

Hahahaha

Hope so

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

You know, it just occurred to me what our problem is. We keep insisting on running Inters. Bound to fail. We should obviously be running Juves, instead.

*ducks thrown objects*

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Those are some skilful ducks

edit:

Lmao, I was trying to be funny writing that, but my typo was funnier, I'll leave it to you imagination, but it was a mistake on the word 'ducks'

Definitely not a camera trick, that's an inter on the front right and wets on the rest of the car. Strange

EDIT - Just had a quick Google. Looks like the blue full wets are actually 2011 Inters, the green being a 2012 Inter. That does look to be the case, since the blue tyres are missing the coloured band and the "cinturato" markings. Still weird though.
    I noticed that too with the full wets. Someone had a set of last years with the orange side walls.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad-Ferrari View Post
    I noticed that too with the full wets. Someone had a set of last years with the orange side walls.
    Rosberg.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad-Ferrari View Post
    Maybe Mercedes is trying to get around the maximum number tires they can use during testing, by using last year's model??

Never seen so many colorful tires on the track. Orange, green, blue, yellow, white etc etc.. Kinda nice though

The 2nd day of testing has begun with the installation lap completed by Felipe Massa...

Weather updates :: no rain and some sun to come in the afternoon...