Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Mugello F1 testing,1-3 May 2012

Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    From Pablo Elizalde:
    Alonso: "I'm not the strongest in qualifying, in street races, in the rain, in pitstops, but I'm worth a 9.5 out of 10 in all that."
    Yes this comment was part of a bigger interview. Taken from autosport forum and credits to "tass".

Fernando, this test and Montmeló are crucial for the season.
    "No, this is the wrong message. Here we're making the first step, we have to improve constantly, race after race: if the race at Montmeló goes wong the season isn't over".

What exactly is the first step?
    "Being in the first five in qualify and having both cars in the points".

What if this first step isn't there in Spain?
    "No one in the team considers that possibility. We have trust in our work".

After the WDC in 2006 did you think of not winning a WDC for such a long time?"
    "Yes, it's quite difficult winning a WDC, even more two in a row... to win a third one everything must go right. I knew that winning a third WDC would have been hard, in fact I said that after winning it I would retire".

Will you retire then, if you win it?
    "No, even though three is a special number. It's the number of WDCs won by Senna".

Schumi took 5 years to win his first WDC in Ferrari, do you sometimes think about it?
    "Yes, and that's what keeps me calm. Good times come if you work well. Michael is a good example, he helped Ferrari to come back".

The F2012 isn't what was expected, but you've been good at minimizing the damage.
    "I think this is my best quality. I'm not the best in qualify, in street circuits, under the rain, in the pit-stops, but I'm a 9,5 in all of this, and I know how to extract the maximum from the car I have."

Be honest, the first test at Jerez was a shock?
    "The impression was that the car wasn't what we were expecting, but that exploring the setup regulations we could extract a good performance. No, I wasn't worried".

Have you ever raised the voice to say that it wasn't the Ferrari that was promised?
    "No, never".

How do you feel about not having the best car?
    "You're walking on a thread 30 metres high, you can't make one mistake. If you touch a kerb in Q1, you're out. If you lock a tire in Q2, you're out. But this is what makes the team stronger. We're not seeing any longer the mistakes we did in 2010 and 2011 in strategy, in the pit stops or driving. That's because, walking on this thread, the team has reached a level of professionality and confidence higher than what is imagined. The most important thing is missing, having the fastest car, but in these years the team has improved at double the speed than a normal year".

Are you comfortable in saying that Ferrari is the strongest team?
    "I have no doubts. Regarding external factors we are almost a perfect team"

Such a strong team can win the championship without the best car?
    "Yes".

This is the only test permitted by the rules, does the team feel penalised because you can't do more testing?
    "Yes, and more than the others because Ferrari philosophy of development has always been based on testing".

Pep Guardiola is feeling stressed and is taking a sabbatical. What do you think about it?
    "I understand him, at the end of 2005-06-07 seasons I was feeling empty too. But with experience I was able to have easier years, now I'm never at 100%, but at 98% all the year. I can manage myself better".

How is it going on Twitter?
    "It's fantastic, after Australia there aren't any more lies about me".
    "The client is not always right." - Enzo Ferrari

From Pablo Elizalde:
    Awesome...

Twitter:

As AutoSprint confirms all the Ferrari upgrades will not be shown until the Spanish GP -Exhaust, radiators-

Time for break??

Very Positive test..

Quote Originally Posted by anupa2k View Post
    Awesome...
    ??

Massa has started the "in and out" again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hombre B View Post
    Twitter:
    Wonderful... so, what are we actually testing?

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Our nerves!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    The new paint on the front wing pylons. Haven't you got that already?

Quote Originally Posted by sav_pap View Post
    Our nerves!!!!!!
    but seriously, how can we be certain all the updates are functioning as they should?

Year 2000: R.I.P Formula 1

The new paint on the front wing pylons. Haven't you got that already?
    Must say, loving some extra black on the F2012. Now if only they could smooth out the nose

Year 2000: R.I.P Formula 1

Consistent high 1:22`s for Felipe...

Is Felipe going to have lunch today...

Quote Originally Posted by theforce View Post
    but seriously, how can we be certain all the updates are functioning as they should?
    I think at the present we are not.
    I only wish we have enough time (in these test days) to evaluate all the updates we brought...

What updates? We all like the black paint, so Ferrari have been successful LOL.

But seriously, we pushed and pushed for in-season testing, and decided to bring nothing (major) to a track we own. We will see the new updates in FP1-2 Spain. At which point they will declare "we need to understand all the new parts as they don't match up with what the wind tunnel tell us".
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Yesterday on Alonso car, Ferrari have move the exhaust back where it should be, blowing down towards the gap between the wheel and diffuser. I assume Massa car should be the same today.

Previously this idea didn't work, and we move the exhaust towards the center of the car instead to blow elsewhere, but that wasn't the original idea. So maybe these 2 days Ferrari is gathering more data about this original idea we had with the Acer duct.

Then once we put on the new sidepod and exhaust, we can compare the data, whenever it is that Ferrari choose to do so. It would make sense if we do it tomorrow, but seems like we are not.

I trust they know what they are doing, and I imagine sticking every update on the car at once would not be very productive as you are not sure what is working and what is not. It's a highly time consuming process to test various parts on track and compare the data. Stefano did say a while back not everything would be here at Mugello but also in Spain, it seems just mostly rumours on the internet make us all think we should have this or that on the car today, and most of these rumours tend to be wrong, lot's of people these days claim to know all about what Ferrari are doing, mostly they don't.
    Forza Ferrari

The good news is that despite this morning delay we already have done 54 laps with only Petrov and Scumacher more than us.

but they did say we will see new exhaust and new front nose.. i haven't seen any new nose.. hope for tomorrow..
    Only changes i can see was the shorter acer ducts yesterday but not today.. Some trenches in the floor to direct the exhaust gasses and slightly different front wing..
    Is that all?? I hope for more tomorrow.. Just look at sauber for goodness sake!

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    lot's of people these days claim to know all about what Ferrari are doing, mostly they don't.
    Ferrari already have an F2012C in the wind tunnel which will be ready for Monaco, along with a new colour scheme which is yellow and black.

Alain Prost has had contract talks in Maranello and will be replacing Massa for the remaining 4 races of the season, before mounting a challenge for his fifth drivers championship in 2013.

Ferrari already have an F2012C in the wind tunnel which will be ready for Monaco, along with a new colour scheme which is yellow and black.

Alain Prost has had contract talks in Maranello and will be replacing Massa for the remaining 4 races of the season, before mounting a challenge for his fifth drivers championship in 2013.
    I heard this also

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    I trust they know what they are doing, and I imagine sticking every update on the car at once would not be very productive as you are not sure what is working and what is not. It's a highly time consuming process to test various parts on track and compare the data. Stefano did say a while back not everything would be here at Mugello but also in Spain, it seems just mostly rumours on the internet make us all think we should have this or that on the car today, and most of these rumours tend to be wrong, lot's of people these days claim to know all about what Ferrari are doing, mostly they don't.

When is the F2012D going to be ready for?

Quote Originally Posted by Sianellen View Post
    When is the F2012D going to be ready for?
    There isn't one.

No, I think he has already signed with Williams!!
    And by the way are only 4 races remaining??

There isn't one.
    Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Sianellen View Post
    Why not?
    Because when Prost is driving we won't need it.

Quote Originally Posted by sav_pap View Post
    No, I think he has already signed with Williams!!
    And by the way are only 4 races remaining??
    Just to give him a run in ready for 2013.