Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Spanish GP - Qualifying Thread

Apparently the reason for the pretty harsh penalty, is that McLaren been telling porkys again.

Coming from Ted Kravitz twitter.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseman View Post
    Only bad thing is, Fernando will be starting on the dirty side of the grid tomorrow
    no problem for Fernando, he was 4th last year again on the dirty side and managed P1 by first turn....

i have faith in our AWESOME driver, so should you!!!
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

What a bunch of amateurs.
    Let's hope Fernando can pass Maldonado at the start and pull a gap right away.

Interesting that the rule was created for Hamilton and ironically enough he is the first one to breach it

They have created a page commemorating their pole...
    Mclaren are killin me today
    http://t.co/fP5lVcXA

Quote Originally Posted by REDARMYSOJA View Post
    Red is the only color!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fer12 View Post
    no 150 poles for them. They have ,messed up every race for Lewis so far. I don't even mind him anymore think he has matured a little, and should be a threat, then this happens.

Feel bad for the guy, but seems like McLaren were trying to BS the stewards again.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Quote Originally Posted by KurtC View Post
    Interesting that the rule was created for Hamilton and ironically enough he is the first one to breach it
    I cant believe it was created especially for Ramilton BUT It has made my that he has been penalized for breaking it.

Its all in the name - FERRARI

Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by scuderiafan View Post
    no 150 poles for them. They have ,messed up every race for Lewis so far. I don't even mind him anymore think he has matured a little, and should be a threat, then this happens.

Feel bad for the guy, but seems like McLaren were trying to BS the stewards again.
    I do feel bad for him is well as it was not his fault.
    Red is the only color!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    I cant believe it was created especially for Ramilton BUT It has made my that he has been penalized for breaking it.

Now that's a good one, can't stop laughing.
    Red is the only color!!!

PaulW Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by REDARMYSOJA View Post
    Thanks for clearing that one up.

Cheats never prospour. 1 constructors title in 20 years is testament to this. Should fine them another 100 million is well. FIA should have tipped what fuel was left on their cars and thrown a lit Marlborough on them. I am loving this

To be honest I kinda feel bad for them and for Lewis (he did deserve that pole, less fuel or not. That was a good lap), but the fact that they tried to pass off a mechanic putting the wrong amount of fuel in their car as 'force majeure' just cracks me up. Anyone would have given them a penalty just for insulting their intelligence (yes, even the stewards).

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post

I can totally believe it because this is just Macca style. They just think they can get away with everything, and i bet they thought the same this time when they let Hamilton stay out though they already knew there was not enough fuel in his tank.

Which is probably the real reason for the stewards to DQ them from qualifying.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulW View Post
    Thanks for clearing that one up.
    I looked hard to find the rule they broke but couldn't. I'm glad I was wrong.

Don't play dumb with me. I'm better at it than you are.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    no problem for Fernando, he was 4th last year again on the dirty side and managed P1 by first turn....

i have faith in our AWESOME driver, so should you!!!
    Tomorrow is not last year. Sorry if I don't get carried away like you

Tomorrow we have rain...

Perhaps Mclaren are right it was an individual error. My bet is the pit stop guy from the left rear who has been replaced is now doing the fuel.

Disastrous result for Hamilton. He sounded humble and pleased to have both Maldonado and Alonso up there with him during the press conference after qualifying. He has certainly matured since his rookie days.

We have made big progress since Bahrain. Our straight line speed, high speed corner, traction, etc. have all improved. The car looks more 'planted' on the track than before. Seems easier to drive. Can still be a bit 'twitchy' but stronger on other fronts resulting in a much better car. Aerodynamically more efficient for sure which has been our weakness for a while so if we have made good progress in that department, it bodes well for the rest of the season and seasons to come. Wilth a raft of updates to come in the next few races, I strongly believe we have a chance at fighting at the front not just on race day but also during qualifying sessions going forward.

When the season started this year the pecking order (race pace) was:
    1st: Maclaren
    2nd: Red Bull
    3rd: Lotus
    4th: Sauber
    5th: Ferrari

In Bahrain, the order (race pace) and not dependent on the track characteristics or circumstances which could suit one car more than the other:
    1st: Red Bull
    2nd: Maclaren
    3rd: Lotus
    4th: Ferrari

For Spain, based on what our qualifying pace is like, this is where I think we stand in terms of race pace:
    1st: Lotus
    2nd: Ferrari
    3rd: Red Bull
    4th: Maclaren

Maclaren have gone down the pecking order but the deltas between 1st to 4th are very small. It remains to be seen whether or not we still have that problem of our race pace suffering when our fuel load drops.

What concerns me is Maldonado during the start of the race. I hope that we don't come into contact with him during the start. That would really spoil our chances of scoring heavily. I think it will be a Lotus 1-2 and provided that they don't have problems I can see Alonso with a 3rd place finish. If Alonso can gain a position during the start, there is a possibility of 2nd or even 1st for him. If the track conditions are cooler tomorrow than they were today, then Lotus will have more difficulty achieving a 1-2. In that situation, I can see Alonso with a good position to fight for a win. We will see.

Anybody concerned about starting on the 'dirty' side tomorrow? watch this >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jhPXVQT12U

To me, "We forgot to put enough fuel in the car so that's a case of force majeure" goes right on top with the infamous "Trulli passed us under the yellow flag".
    Well done Macca

Quote Originally Posted by mark p View Post
    Perhaps Mclaren are right it was an individual error. My bet is the pit stop guy from the left rear who has been replaced is now doing the fuel.
    It's always an individual error. Engineer's or Whitmarsh's one doesn't matter. They both are part of the Mclaren team, which is to be suspended.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy_Chris View Post
    Anybody concerned about starting on the 'dirty' side tomorrow? watch this >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jhPXVQT12U
    No because of rain...

Quote Originally Posted by Red is Best View Post
    To me, "We forgot to put enough fuel in the car so that's a case of force majeure" goes right on top with the infamous "Trulli passed us under the yellow flag".
    Well done Macca
    This. Lol. I hope Ferrari race pace is better than Lotus and Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by sav_pap View Post
    No because of rain...
    Rain?
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/3128760?...
    http://www.holiday-weather.com/barcelona/
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

i almost gurantee you'll see a repeat of last year....i have full faith in my fave driver...
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by sav_pap View Post
    No because of rain...
    u seem fairly certain..
    "That has made me fall in love with Ferrari even more today than ever." Fernando Alonso

Quote Originally Posted by Fer12 View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That's the best part of the whole thing