Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Spanish GP - Qualifying Thread

Quote Originally Posted by sav_pap View Post
    Tomorrow we have rain...
    1 outta 4 weather forecasts say rain, and even then that'll happen in the later in the evening...so i'm affraid it will be a dry race boys...

alonso will win this one, mark my words!!!
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    1 outta 4 weather forecasts say rain, and even then that'll happen in the later in the evening...so i'm affraid it will be a dry race boys...

alonso will win this one, mark my words!!!
    we all want him to win, please dont tempt fate.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Were McLaren penalised because the car could not get back to the pits under its own power or because the FIA didn't get the correct volume of fuel to test. Or did McLaren lying sway it from a slap on the hand to back of the grid

We need to be aware of the fast cars starting on hards, this will prob be an advantage as they can use softs later when fuel is low they will last longer. We need Massa who is included in this list to slow the others down if he cant out race them for whatever reason.

Spanish GP - Two sides to qualifying in Montmelo. Alonso shines in front of home crowd5.12.2012

There were two sides to qualifying for Scuderia Ferrari, as Fernando Alonso was third fastest, while Felipe Massa ended Q2 only in seventeenth place. The Spanish driver’s position is the best result since Saturday at Silverstone in 2011. Both drivers were on identical tyre useage programmes during the first two parts of the session: one set of Hard and then one of Soft in Q1, then one used and one new set of Soft in Q2. This meant for the first time this year, Fernando was finally able to tackle Q3 on a level footing with the others.

Stefano Domenicali: “The session was very closely contested and packed with surprises. Finally this year, we managed to get to Q3 in a condition that meant we could show our worth, at least with one of the drivers. Fernando did a fantastic job from the first to the final lap of the session, constantly improving and, once again, getting all the potential out of the car. Felipe fought hard, but on his lap with new Soft tyres in Q2, he had a lot of traffic and lost a few tenths that would have brought him close to tenth place. We had a lot of new parts on the F2012 and the aim was to make up at least part of the gap to the best in terms of pure performance. We have made a step forward, this is a fact. Tomorrow’s race seems very hard to predict and tyre performance will make the difference. The weather could also play an important role, given we have already seen that a few degrees more or less can change the cards on the table.”

Fernando Alonso: “This third place is not what we had expected. We were counting on making a step forward that would allow us to get into Q3 with less difficulty than in the first races of the season and we managed it. But we certainly did not think we could be so high up the grid. I don’t know if this position is a true reflection of our car’s performance – it’s definitely not normal for a Red Bull and a McLaren to be eliminated in Q2 and that the other Red Bull gets into Q3 with no sets of new Soft tyre available – but what is certain is that the new parts we have brought here have resulted in us taking a step in the right direction: sure, it’s not yet enough to fight for the very top places. It’s a good basis to start from for this weekend, but the points come tomorrow. We will try and get a good start, especially as some of my main opponents in the title fight start behind us and we must try and make the most of that. Tyre performance will be a critical factor: we will have to be careful, because the forecast is for different temperatures to today and that could throw up some surprises. Racing in front of this amazing crowd always gives me some extra motivation!”

Felipe Massa: “When qualifying is as close as this, it is vital to manage to have everything fall into place on a clean lap and I never got that chance. On my second run in Q2, I came across at least seven or eight cars that were preparing their tyres for their timed lap and the time I lost definitely cost me dear. It’s a real shame to start seventeenth in a race in which our car has shown it has made a step forward in terms of performance, as could be seen from Fernando’s result. The new aerodynamic parts which we introduced on the F2012 seem to have worked well – we have a bit more aerodynamic downforce and a bit less drag – but we are well aware that there is still a lot to do. Tomorrow, on a track as hard as this one on the tyres, strategy will be crucial: let’s hope I can make it into the points.”

Pat Fry: “A good result with Fernando, who managed to qualify third, the best performance of the season. A shame for Felipe, who suffered because of traffic on his quick lap in Q2: right now, I cannot say if he would have made the cut out of Q2, but it definitely cost him some places. We brought various updates here, especially aerodynamic ones: some worked well, meeting our expectations, others less so: looking at this afternoon’s result we can say we have made a step forward, but it’s clear that there is still a lot of work to do to always be at the same level as the best. However, third place is a confidence boost and it is down to everyone who, these past weeks, back home and at the track, has worked hard to reach this objective. Now we must confirm this progress in the race as well. The forecast is for slightly lower temperatures tomorrow and that could have an effect on tyre behaviour. We have seen various choices in terms of tyre management: now we will see who made the right choice.”

http://www.ferrari.com/English/Formu...-montmelo.aspx

Victory will be tough. There are 2 Lotuses right behind Alonso and they proved, that they are super fast in races.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Victory will be tough. There are 2 Lotuses right behind Alonso and they proved, that they are super fast in races.
    this is true. I think Raikkonen could be the dark horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    this is true. I think Raikkonen could be the dark horse.
    Raikkonen will also have to pass a dark horse if he wants victory

Anyone else here impressed by Pastor? Until the beginning of this season I really thought he had nothing to do in F1 but he's starting to show some opinion changing performances!

Let's wait and see whether or not he can deliver tomorrow tho!

Oh by the way Macca+

"I cannot judge what he did in his time at Renault and McLaren but I have worked with World Champions Schumacher, Villeneuve and Raikkonen and Fernando is the one who impresses me the most," said Gene.

Quote Originally Posted by Red passion View Post
    Raikkonen will also have to pass a dark horse if he wants victory
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Quote Originally Posted by NanoTheQuickest View Post
    Anyone else here impressed by Pastor? Until the beginning of this season I really thought he had nothing to do in F1 but he's starting to show some opinion changing performances!

Let's wait and see whether or not he can deliver tomorrow tho!
    He did great today. I just hope he won't behave like an unguided missile tomorrow.....

Remember, Ferrari have improved their car, and beat Lotus ON PACE today, with Fernando. Their car is good, but Ferraris strong point is the race.
    Williams could be the bigger threat with Maldonado. Even before they improved, they were with Ferrari in China/Aus, so let's see.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

ya right, lets hope Nando leaves him for dust on the line because I would not fancy a side by side with him coming turn 1!

"I cannot judge what he did in his time at Renault and McLaren but I have worked with World Champions Schumacher, Villeneuve and Raikkonen and Fernando is the one who impresses me the most," said Gene.

If think Ferrari would be foolish to allow Felipe Massa to continue with the team! I think they have given him more than enough time to prove his worth. Time for Ferrari to pick someone to take his place. If Fernando can qualify 2nd on the grid, Felipe should be able to qualify at lease 6th. There really is no forgiving his poor showing.

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by scuderiafan View Post
    Remember, Ferrari have improved their car, and beat Lotus ON PACE today, with Fernando. Their car is good, but Ferraris strong point is the race.
    Williams could be the bigger threat with Maldonado. Even before they improved, they were with Ferrari in China/Aus, so let's see.
    Maldonado a bigger threat than Raikkonen? I think experience will come into play.

Quote Originally Posted by FER View Post
    It's always an individual error. Engineer's or Whitmarsh's one doesn't matter. They both are part of the Mclaren team, which is to be suspended.
    Agreed. My comment was a joke. They have yet again cheated and tried to lie their way out.

Guys, I'm at work.

Can someone nicely explain why Alonso is on the front row and Massa is 16th?
    More importantly, is Alonso's pace for real?

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Whitmarsh lying through his teeth on camera unbelivable. A leopard (Team McLaren) never changes its spots.
    "Okay,...Jean is smarter than you....... can you confirm you understood that message" Bernie on the phone to Max circa 2009

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines - Enzo Ferrari circa 1960

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    Guys, I'm at work.

Fernando was P3 but Lewis ran out of fuel and kicked out of quali. So he have start from back Felipe got caught out in alot of traffic on his flying lap.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiondella View Post
    Whitmarsh lying through his teeth on camera unbelivable. A leopard (Team McLaren) never changes its spots.
    when was that? Mrs Rob got Britian Hasnt Really Got Talent atmo

Meanwhile, at Autosport the McLaren fans are more and more getting mad.....

Guys, I'm at work.

Wind and temp variation mixed the pack. Massa got traffic on his quick lap in Q2. The times were very compressed and he is unlucky to finish so low. Alonso ‘s pace is for real he improved stage by stage posting the 4th fastest time seen that day (including Hammy’s illegal lap) in Q3. A lot of fast cars missed out on Q3 or didn’t do a timed lap – so they prob have the advantage in the race with fresh rubber and more strategy options. However we looked good on hard tyers, so it could be a good day tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    Maldonado a bigger threat than Raikkonen? I think experience will come into play.
    Yeah, I just believe the Williams could be the dark horse. Remember everyone thought Sauber would win the Chinese GP after their showing? Lotus seems to be the new hyped car. It is a very good and consistent car, but it doesn't seem to like the cooler conditions, and it seems the track is getting cooler.

Although I hope Ferrari is better than both.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Fernando has to pass Maldonado right at the start, because if he has to do it later I really don't know what Maldonado will do trying to defend. Could end their race before you even realize it.....

Guys, I'm at work.

Honestly, we know nothing Mercedes and RedBull didn't show anything today, which is interesting and kind of confusing. Button didn't find the right setup. And Fernando admited, that even with another 100 sets of new rubber, he don't think he would improve his time. That's how great lap it was.

But I believe we have made some progress

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Fernando was P3 but Lewis ran out of fuel and kicked out of quali. So he have start from back Felipe got caught out in alot of traffic on his flying lap.

Grazie fratello

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Bertie View Post
    Wind and temp variation mixed the pack. Massa got traffic on his quick lap in Q2. The times were very compressed and he is unlucky to finish so low. Alonso ‘s pace is for real he improved stage by stage posting the 4th fastest time seen that day (including Hammy’s illegal lap) in Q3. A lot of fast cars missed out on Q3 or didn’t do a timed lap – so they prob have the advantage in the race with fresh rubber and more strategy options. However we looked good on hard tyers, so it could be a good day tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Honestly, we know nothing Mercedes and RedBull didn't show anything today, which is interesting and kind of confusing. Button didn't find the right setup. And Fernando admited, that even with another 100 sets of new rubber, he don't think he would improve his time. That's how great lap it was.

But I believe we have made some progress

Thanks guys

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Fiondella View Post
    This. You must have been watching F1 for a while...

Trying to be less angry..

Thanks guys
    la vostra accoglienza amico mio.

I was reading some McLaren Posts regarding Hamilton being demoted to last place on the starting grid. They make no sense at all in what they say! Hamilton is God to them but the team is not so loved. Go Fernando! Go Massa! Show what the car can do!

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!