Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Spanish GP - Qualifying Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    when was that? Mrs Rob got Britian Hasnt Really Got Talent atmo
    Just after qualy. JH and EJ talking to him. He said that they were looking into the problem with Hamster's car or something simlar. Yeah right! What's that i smell!!
    "Okay,...Jean is smarter than you....... can you confirm you understood that message" Bernie on the phone to Max circa 2009

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines - Enzo Ferrari circa 1960

Quote Originally Posted by Fiondella View Post
    Just after qualy. JH and EJ talking to him. He said that they were looking into the problem with Hamster's car or something simlar. Yeah right! What's that i smell!!
    didnt watch the Beebs coverage.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

With a good result tomorrow this surely is the start of the Ferrari fightback we much need...........
    "That has made me fall in love with Ferrari even more today than ever." Fernando Alonso

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Victory will be tough. There are 2 Lotuses right behind Alonso and they proved, that they are super fast in races.
    What is really scary about the Lotuses is that they are fastest through the speed trap and in sector 1 which includes the DRS zone and the speed trap (both @ 232km). Alonso is at least 5km slower. If they can get to within 1 sec for the DRS zone they may be able to pass him. This circuit is so difficult to pass on that top end speed and DRS may be the ultimate decider. Alonso's only chance will be to put Maldo between himself and the Lotuses at the start. If he can do that he will win. If not, it could be a Kimi kind of day!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Nick View Post
    What is really scary about the Lotuses is that they are fastest through the speed trap and in sector 1 which includes the DRS zone and the speed trap (both @ 232km). Alonso is at least 5km slower. If they can get to within 1 sec for the DRS zone they may be able to pass him. This circuit is so difficult to pass on that top end speed and DRS may be the ultimate decider. Alonso's only chance will be to put Maldo between himself and the Lotuses at the start. If he can do that he will win. If not, it could be a Kimi kind of day!
    In terms of the championship it's not the end of the world if it's a Lotus day tomorrow so long as we finish next best
    "That has made me fall in love with Ferrari even more today than ever." Fernando Alonso

Quote Originally Posted by Fiondella View Post
    He said: they were looking into the problem ha ha
    translate: they should looking into the fuel tank

What do you smell????? defo not petrol

Yeah I'm gonna say it. I feel sorry for Hamilton, that lap was amazing, he deserved pole, yeah I'm probably gonna hate for this, but he's one of the best racers on the grid, and seeing him do so badly sucks, maybe a 10 place drop I can understand.

But

Come on Alonso!!! This is your win now! in front of the adoring fans!

Forza Fernando!

I'm pretty amazed with the 3rd place today (2nd if you count Hamilton's penalty), but I'm even more amazed that nobody has insinuated that ferrari is to blame for mclaren's penalty . Crazy times in F1 all around.

I don't know what's more pleasing, the 2nd place in quali or the whining from the macca fans
    Forza Melanie C!

Its kind of surprising to me, the Mac thing..they are a well run team,
    even though they are Ferrari's arch rival, I think someone really screwed up.
    I mean, they wouldnt try to pull an stunt like that..

Quote Originally Posted by Bertie View Post
    We need to be aware of the fast cars starting on hards, this will prob be an advantage as they can use softs later when fuel is low they will last longer. We need Massa who is included in this list to slow the others down if he cant out race them for whatever reason.
    yes, massa the "guinea pig"....mind as well use his services for something usefull
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by scuderiafan View Post
    Remember, Ferrari have improved their car, and beat Lotus ON PACE today, with Fernando. Their car is good, but Ferraris strong point is the race.
    Williams could be the bigger threat with Maldonado. Even before they improved, they were with Ferrari in China/Aus, so let's see.
    ....i'd like to make some adjustment to your comment if you don't mind:

Remember, Ferrari have improved their car, and beat Lotus ON PACE today, with Fernando. Their car is good, but Ferraris strong point is the race
    ...as well as the driver himself, Fernando, who is ALSO a strong, committed and not to mention FAST driver
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    ....i'd like to make some adjustment to your comment if you don't mind:

Remember, Ferrari have improved their car, and beat Lotus ON PACE today, with Fernando. Their car is good, but Ferraris strong point is the race
    ...as well as the driver himself, Fernando, who is ALSO a strong, committed and not to mention FAST driver
    Yep, his stint in Malaysia when the car was going well and Silverstone shows when he sniffs victory, no one can stop him, and he just goes off into the distance pulling gaps of 1 sec a lap at times. If the car is at all competitive tomorrow, he will make full use of it, I am sure.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Yep, his stint in Malaysia when the car was going well and Silverstone shows when he sniffs victory, no one can stop him, and he just goes off into the distance pulling gaps of 1 sec a lap at times. If the car is at all competitive tomorrow, he will make full use of it, I am sure.
    true indeed; Ferrari are so LUCKY to have snatched such an amazing and complete driver as Fernando; no wonder they have made a multi year deal contract with him.
    i can just imagine what he can do if he has a car ON par and equally fast to the fastest car on the grid today....he'd be destroying everyone, including Vettel's (the screaming school girl) pole positions and wins records he has had last year

Found this on autosport and for me its the posting of the day. The most funny thing being- you can't even be sure if the poster is joking or not.

Well I was just speaking to an F1 insider and apparent McLaren's incompetence has become so commonplace that rival teams now factor it into their strategy. People are keen to blame the Pirelli's for the lack of running in qualifying and in a sense it's true. But why bother to try and get into Q3 or use up your tyres when you know McLaren will just give you a place anyway via a grid penalty. It also explains why only Grosjean and Raikkonen have overtaken a McLaren on track this season; why risk burning your tyres trying to pass when you know that as long as your within 8 seconds of them you'll jump them in the pit stops. In fact when assessing unpredictable events that will have an impact on their own race the teams, along with rain, and a safety car have added the minute possibility of a McLaren having a clean race.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/99561

Massa now blames traffic for poor show....

Interesting how the "best driver" rated by the guy on the front row qualifies 17th....

I actually read that some posters would hope it's a wet race as it may benefit us ... I personally would like to see a dry race to see where we're at, after all, the majority of races will probably be in the dry .... we can't rely on wet races for the remainder of the season.

Remember, Ferrari have improved their car, and beat Lotus ON PACE today, with Fernando. Their car is good, but Ferraris strong point is the race.
    In the last 2 races ferrari lost its racing pace... sadly :(

What's Really Ironic is that Mclaren, and Hamilton got done for the Rule that was Created BECAUSE of what they did in Canada 2010.. Clearly they haven't learnt a single thing..
    http://vimeo.com/14882304
    Michael Schumacher - the best there was, the best there is, and the best there ever will be!

Quote Originally Posted by DJTaurus View Post
    You can't say that now! nobody knows how the car is gonna act in race conditions for sure its quicker in quali it sould be quicker in the race no?

Quote Originally Posted by DJTaurus View Post
    In the last 2 races, qualifying above P8 was also difficult, P3 would have been impossible. Now we've made some improvements which should also be useful in the race.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Nick View Post
    Yes the lotuses are quick in the straights.But are slow in second and third sectors.If alonso manages to get a couple of seconds ahead in the first two laps,i think he can manage the race from there on...The lotuses can only overtake in the straights in barcelona.they cant follow the car infront closely since this track is so highly dependent on aero grip...looks like its soing to be a cracker of a race...

Yes, Alonso will have much better exit speed through mediun/slow corners compared to Lotuses. Remember Alonso was struggling to get past Vettel in Monaco last year due to this same reason.

guys, we all no track temperature makes a big difference to all cars..
    Mercedes seems to go better in colder conditions like China, What was the average track temp then?
    Bahrain was very high track temp and looked like it suited the lotus but not mclaren
    Where do we stand? Does our car like the colder conditions or warmer ones? Yesterdays quallifying was 42 track temp..
    Its soo hard to tell

So... I seem to remember Schumi winning after starting last on the grid; but, has anyone else done that?

p.s. and not when there were only 6-7 cars racing!!

Quote Originally Posted by anrtid View Post
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/99561

Massa now blames traffic for poor show....

Interesting how the "best driver" rated by the guy on the front row qualifies 17th....
    cant decide which of the ferrari pilots you want to bash eh?
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    Maldonado a bigger threat than Raikkonen? I think experience will come into play.
    I would say that too. But not because pastor is faster than kimi or their car is superior. I say it mainly cause Maldonado is a dangerous person to be around in an F1 car. He is like lewis of 2011. i just hope Sir Frank has drilled him enough in the williams camp to not go bust on lap 1. If we get past him, i think we are good.
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    yes, massa the "guinea pig"....mind as well use his services for something usefull
    He won't do it .. He must b devo

tommorow we will know our true race pace in cooler conditions against the lotus, im sure they would pass the williams rather quickly..

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari_Fanatic View Post
    You can't say that now! nobody knows how the car is gonna act in race conditions for sure its quicker in quali it sould be quicker in the race no?
    Car is good in race pace, if we can keep away from Maldonado we will win this one !