Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415

Thread: 2012 Spanish GP - Qualifying Thread

Quote Originally Posted by shamim179 View Post
    Disastrous result for Hamilton. He sounded humble and pleased to have both Maldonado and Alonso up there with him during the press conference after qualifying. He has certainly matured since his rookie days.

We have made big progress since Bahrain. Our straight line speed, high speed corner, traction, etc. have all improved. The car looks more 'planted' on the track than before. Seems easier to drive. Can still be a bit 'twitchy' but stronger on other fronts resulting in a much better car. Aerodynamically more efficient for sure which has been our weakness for a while so if we have made good progress in that department, it bodes well for the rest of the season and seasons to come. Wilth a raft of updates to come in the next few races, I strongly believe we have a chance at fighting at the front not just on race day but also during qualifying sessions going forward.

When the season started this year the pecking order (race pace) was:
    1st: Maclaren
    2nd: Red Bull
    3rd: Lotus
    4th: Sauber
    5th: Ferrari

In Bahrain, the order (race pace) and not dependent on the track characteristics or circumstances which could suit one car more than the other:
    1st: Red Bull
    2nd: Maclaren
    3rd: Lotus
    4th: Ferrari

For Spain, based on what our qualifying pace is like, this is where I think we stand in terms of race pace:
    1st: Lotus
    2nd: Ferrari
    3rd: Red Bull
    4th: Maclaren

Maclaren have gone down the pecking order but the deltas between 1st to 4th are very small. It remains to be seen whether or not we still have that problem of our race pace suffering when our fuel load drops.

What concerns me is Maldonado during the start of the race. I hope that we don't come into contact with him during the start. That would really spoil our chances of scoring heavily. I think it will be a Lotus 1-2 and provided that they don't have problems I can see Alonso with a 3rd place finish. If Alonso can gain a position during the start, there is a possibility of 2nd or even 1st for him. If the track conditions are cooler tomorrow than they were today, then Lotus will have more difficulty achieving a 1-2. In that situation, I can see Alonso with a good position to fight for a win. We will see.
    I share your concerns about maldonado. Bit tricky that. But i think we are giving too much credit to lotus based on the run kimi had at vettel last race. I dont think their race pace and tyre management is as good as ours. Neither is the williams. I feel, barring any incidents, we can aim for the win here.
    Silently, like a shadow

T van R Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    I share your concerns about maldonado. Bit tricky that. But i think we are giving too much credit to lotus based on the run kimi had at vettel last race. I dont think their race pace and tyre management is as good as ours. Neither is the williams. I feel, barring any incidents, we can aim for the win here.
    I have no idea about Williams Tyre management but apparently Lotus E20 is a little bit more kinder on its Tyres than other cars & maybe this is an advantage for Lotus because all the Pirelli Tyres are a bit softer comparing to 2011 Pirelli Tyres.

Really feel sorry for Hamilton.
    He doesn't have fresh tyres and this race will be hard for him.

I can't wait for the race, so exciting! Hope Fer will do it.
    This season will be the "Rosso Corsa" season!
    Fernando is FAster than anyone.

I am still amazed at Alonso's quali lap!! To me he is a close second to Senna as best driver ... I never had a doubt he will retire with at least 5 WDC!! We are lucky to see this guy race in our lifetime

Also does anyone know where did Maldonado and Williams get that pace? Surely they are using "something" clever on that machine? I expect him to drop to at least 5-6th at the start...

It's be nice if someone could post a video on Alonso's Qualifying lap in Q3....

Thanks.
    "The client is not always right." - Enzo Ferrari

Feel sorry for Hamilton. He deserved the pole.
    Addio Signor Enzo. Ciao Gilles.

Hamilton DID NOT DESERVE POLE!!!!!!!!!!!! The car was run UNDERWEIGHT! I DON'T feel sorry for Hamilton AT ALL! That's racing! His TEAM screwed up! It happens ALL the time in motorsports! Why so many people love this Hamilton character is beyond me! We should be calling it as it is and not on wishful thinking. By the way, I am thinking of Gilles Villeneuve this weekend and it courage in the dangerous era of Formula One. So many great drivers lost their life to the sport. I think of the long, rich Italian ENGINEERING excellence of the historic Ferrari Team of Enzo Ferrari. I pray that all the drivers on the race track arenot in an accident and no one is injured or worse. I think of Senna's death and hope nothing like that happens ever again. I pray for a Ferrari WIN and that the Bells in Maranello Ring Loud and Clear as they have so many times before!

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FrankAlfa View Post
    Hamilton DID NOT DESERVE POLE!!!!!!!!!!!! The car was run UNDERWEIGHT! I DON'T feel sorry for Hamilton AT ALL! That's racing! His TEAM screwed up! It happens ALL the time in motorsports! Why so many people love this Hamilton character is beyond me! We should be calling it as it is and not on wishful thinking. By the way, I am thinking of Gilles Villeneuve this weekend and it courage in the dangerous era of Formula One. So many great drivers lost their life to the sport. I think of the long, rich Italian ENGINEERING excellence of the historic Ferrari Team of Enzo Ferrari. I pray that all the drivers on the race track arenot in an accident and no one is injured or worse. I think of Senna's death and hope nothing like that happens ever again. I pray for a Ferrari WIN and that the Bells in Maranello Ring Loud and Clear as they have so many times before!

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!
    You can scream as much as you want if it makes you feel better, I still feel sorry for Lewis and I say it again: he deserved the pole. It's just a matter of fairness.

Quote Originally Posted by Italian Spirit View Post
    You can scream as much as you want if it makes you feel better, I still feel sorry for Lewis and I say it again: he deserved the pole. It's just a matter of fairness.
    And rules are rules. A matter of fairness too, or at least it should be.

No one deserves pole with an underweight car

I don't scream. I am a calm Engineer. Annoying to see so many Ferrari Fan "pretenders".

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FrankAlfa View Post
    I don't scream. I am a calm Engineer. Annoying to see so many Ferrari Fan "pretenders".

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!
    Oh! So you are an Engineer (with a cap E!)? I'm impressed, even if an Engineer is nothing but a mechanic that can read.

LOL, LOL, LOL. Funny!

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!

P.S. : Alonso is Leading the race!

By the way: Civil Engineer but I also studied Mechanical Engineering as well.

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!

What annoys the hell out of me and makes me less compassionate towards him is the fact that THIS same damned rule was clarified because of him and McLaren.
    As the saying goes, "Fool me once, shame on you; Fool me twice, shame on me!" He damned well got what he deserved!!

today's race proved once more that qualifying at the sharp end is vitally important. I hope Fernando will be on the front row more and more often.

Quote Originally Posted by scuderiafan View Post
    Remember, Ferrari have improved their car, and beat Lotus ON PACE today, with Fernando. Their car is good, but Ferraris strong point is the race.
    Williams could be the bigger threat with Maldonado. Even before they improved, they were with Ferrari in China/Aus, so let's see.
    Quote Originally Posted by scuderiafan View Post
    Yeah, I just believe the Williams could be the dark horse. Remember everyone thought Sauber would win the Chinese GP after their showing? Lotus seems to be the new hyped car. It is a very good and consistent car, but it doesn't seem to like the cooler conditions, and it seems the track is getting cooler.

Although I hope Ferrari is better than both.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

@scuderiafan

you were spot on
    I didn't think Maldonado would do it, and Kimi wasn't as fast as I expected. I just hope Williams don't start winning on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by sagi58 View Post
    What annoys the hell out of me and makes me less compassionate towards him is the fact that THIS same damned rule was clarified because of him and McLaren.
    As the saying goes, "Fool me once, shame on you; Fool me twice, shame on me!" He damned well got what he deserved!!
    I think your 100% right about this one. That rule was set in place because they cheated their way to the podium in Canada. They thought they could get away with it twice and tried to play all innocent when they were questioned after quali and started making up lies. They all new exactly what they were doing when they did it. Don't try to BS about "empy/fill buttons" that were pushed wrong. Hamilton didnt deserve the poll and I'm glad he was stripped of it.

Please don't ever say that you feel sorry for Lewser Ramilton...
    ~FORZA FERRARI~