Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Spanish GP - Qualifying Thread

I am reading that Vettel and Marko are both saying Ferrari are running a VERY FAST B-Spec Race car now and they are quite worried! They are saying Ferrari are running : New Front and Rear Wings, New Floor, New Sidepods, New Engine Cover, New Diffuser, etc. and that the car is not VERY FAST! They are also saying that they are sure that Alonso is playing down the updated race car and he is a great actor! We will see after Sunday's Race if Ferrari have produced to kind of speed Vettel and Marko are talking about and are worried about??? Hamilton is still quite a bit ahead in Qualifying and though Ferrari are closer, they are still lacking Qualifying speed. I think third is a good starting point and if they have tire wear better than the others, tey could win.

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FrankAlfa View Post
    I am reading that Vettel and Marko are both saying Ferrari are running a VERY FAST B-Spec Race car now and they are quite worried! They are saying Ferrari are running : New Front and Rear Wings, New Floor, New Sidepods, New Engine Cover, New Diffuser, etc. and that the car is not VERY FAST! They are also saying that they are sure that Alonso is playing down the updated race car and he is a great actor! We will see after Sunday's Race if Ferrari have produced to kind of speed Vettel and Marko are talking about and are worried about??? Hamilton is still quite a bit ahead in Qualifying and though Ferrari are closer, they are still lacking Qualifying speed. I think third is a good starting point and if they have tire wear better than the others, tey could win.

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!
    No doubt Ferrari brought a lot of new parts from the front to the back of the car.

Tomorrow will be the real test of whether the updates are indeed "very fast". In a way, I hope its a dry race so we can see a true picture of where F2012 is at.

i'm very pleased with our pace!!!!0,6 off pole is not o lot!!!!i'm sure tomorrow we have a very good chance to win it!!!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Excellent performance by alonso today. Massa, not so much, but i think i'll make up my mind about him after tomorrow's race. I too hope its a dry race tomorrow so we can see the full truth. Lewis in pole doesn't concern me much and i think we should just let him be. After all, he's always finding someway or the other to make matters worse for himself i'm hoping that'll be the case tomorrow as well. Worries? Lotus. They look incredibly incredibly fast. They may potentially ruin our chances of an outstanding result tomorrow and we should beware of them. Hope alonso pulls off one of his awesome starts :)

Hamilton might get penalty. Lol you can't do that after Canada tactics mcscum.

Andrew Benson
    Little bird tells me McLaren have admitted @LewisHamilton stopped on track cos no fuel. Not allowed. May well get sporting penalty #BBCF1
    And by Martin Brundle and others. Probably will still only get reprimand.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

If that happens, maldonado P1 tomorrow. He'd be pretty pleased, i suppose

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    So, Helmut was right after all
    he was indeed, and here i thought for a moment that he was bluffing...
    i'm glad we made a HUGE step forward compared to last race and even from the beginning of the year
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by KonstaKoo View Post
    Why on earth should Felipe be given any slack? Ferrari are in the sport to win and Felipe is just a liability. I have to admit that my opinion is somewhat based on the way Kimi was treated, by the team and some Tifosis as well. I donīt understand why the same, almost loathing, does not apply now when Felipe is just awful. I donīt believe that anyone on the grid couldīve qualied lower than 17th today with F2012.
    +2000000

When I see P3 for one team driver and one light years away for the second one, and - to put it in another perspective - the second driver has delivered almost NO points for the WCC, there comes a time that patience ends.

And of course it 's for the team to decide if this driver is good enough for them (!) , but if I want to say I don't like him, I will say it, just like people in this very forum, said the same bout a certain Fin while he was driving for us.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Alonso was the second quickest in sector 3 which dependent on the cars mechanical grip... this proves that the front pull rod does work.He lost most of his time in secto 1..mainly due to top speed deficiency...bad news is those Lotuses are quick even without the DRS on the straights...Al has a tough job tomo...

Quote Originally Posted by Fer12 View Post
    Alonso was the second quickest in sector 3 which dependent on the cars mechanical grip... this proves that the front pull rod does work.He lost most of his time in secto 1..mainly due to top speed deficiency...bad news is those Lotuses are quick even without the DRS on the straights...Al has a tough job tomo...
    it will indeed NOT gonna be an easy race for Alonso, especially with the quicker Lotuses (due to their top end speed) behind them; if there is any chance for him to WIN this race, he has to somehow be P1 by first corner (which i'm sure with his recent lightning starts that won't be a problem) and then try and somehow build a gap and stay away from the DRS zone trap because our top end speed isn't that great.

here's a Forza Ferrari and a good luck to Fernando for tomorrow's race and hopefully he'll give us all fans a present with a WIN!!!!
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

It looks like Ham may get penalized for the race...
    Hamilton's car had 1.3 litres of fuel remaining in tank after he stopped. You need 1lt for FIA sample and approx 2lt for in lap

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    it will indeed NOT gonna be an easy race for Alonso, especially with the quicker Lotuses (due to their top end speed) behind them; if there is any chance for him to WIN this race, he has to somehow be P1 by first corner (which i'm sure with his recent lightning starts that won't be a problem) and then try and somehow build a gap and stay away from the DRS zone trap because our top end speed isn't that great.

here's a Forza Ferrari and a good luck to Fernando for tomorrow's race and hopefully he'll give us all fans a present with a WIN!!!!
    This season will be the "Rosso Corsa" season!
    Fernando is FAster than anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Fer12 View Post
    It looks like Ham may get penalized for the race...
    Hamilton's car had 1.3 litres of fuel remaining in tank after he stopped. You need 1lt for FIA sample and approx 2lt for in lap
    I think is the once i ' rather see him stay on pole.. If he receives a grid penalty wee could be startin on the dirty side of the track
    "That has made me fall in love with Ferrari even more today than ever." Fernando Alonso

MW will be begging for mercy and the stewards will probably not do anything. Its Lewis after all, you know.

Hey, maybe he got pole because he was running light! That friends is an unfair / unjust way to get pole position! If McLarewn did get pole position in an unfair way then they do not belong there!

ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!

To be fair to him, I think he would have had pole even with correct fuel. Still, wouldn't mind a penalty.

McLaren, being classic .

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Even more classic because its not the first time they used that trick.

I think tomorrow we will be the second fastest team in hard compound after lotus...

I knew I was right Now this is tough decission for FIA. Lewis would have clearly taken pole with that little bit of more fuel. But if they won't give him penalty, others can start to abusing it and in following races we will be seeing all the cars parked around a circuit...

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Hey, maybe he got pole because he was running light! That friends is an unfair / unjust way to get pole position! If McLarewn did get pole position in an unfair way then they do not belong there!

ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!
    Let's say he was running with 2l less fuel the he is supposed to carry.that won't give you half a second not even close

Quote Originally Posted by scuderiafan View Post
    To be fair to him, I think he would have had pole even with correct fuel. Still, wouldn't mind a penalty.

McLaren, being classic .
    yeah LH still in pole even with more fuel..but still rule is a rule..

Fantastic performance by Fernando, if he can do well tomorrow then he has a real chance this season. I hope Felipe can recover, his last 2 races were really good. Forza Massa.

Quote Originally Posted by cokata View Post
    Let's say he was running with 2l less fuel the he is supposed to carry.that won't give you half a second not even close
    Regardless, they broke the law, and they need to be penalize to remind them not to do it again.

Otherwise what's stopping them from doing it again next time? If we're going to go into a subjective debate on whether it makes a difference or not, there will be no end to it. FIA will not be able to quantitatively determine whether it makes a difference or not.

This is why instead, we have rules that quantitatively state how much fuel left you should have. If you does not obey it, you deserve to be punish, its simple as that.

ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!
    Frank the problem for Mclaren will not be regarding weight.The car and driver will be weighed after the qualifying session and i am quite sure it will be found to comply even without a drop of fuel in the tank.
    Had Lewis driven the car back to the pits Mclaren could not supply the required 1 litre fuel sample.
    Fuel weighs approx. 0.711 kilo per litre.
    It is not the first time this happened to Mclaren.
    Last edited by Dino; 12th May 2012 at 16:52.

Unlike what some of you say, Fernando is not a magician. He is fast, a good qualifier, the best driver on track, but not a magician . So I think the updates are working and the car has become definitely faster.
    We can have a good result tomorrow, and if we can do it on this circuit we can do it anywhere.
    The only thing that worries me now is Felipe. Maybe it was traffic, maybe it was something else but he can't get the car going and I don't understand that anymore. Can one man have such a row of bad luck weekends?
    Somehow I'm starting to fear that it is something in Felipe himself. Is it his confidence in his own abilities that is letting him down or is it still the aftermath of the accident?
    I feel very sorry for him because he was so much better than he is now, but this can't continue this way - it is not only hurting Felipe but also Ferrari.
    I'm happy it's not me who has to decide what to do..........
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    I knew I was right Now this is tough decission for FIA. Lewis would have clearly taken pole with that little bit of more fuel. But if they won't give him penalty, others can start to abusing it and in following races we will be seeing all the cars parked around a circuit...
    Ferrari could easily do the same so Alonso could win quali in his home GP. If Lewis won't get penalty, I hope we will do the same trick in Silverstone. Learn and adapt!

Quote Originally Posted by hogo View Post
    Ferrari could easily do the same so Alonso could win quali in his home GP. If Lewis won't get penalty, I hope we will do the same trick in Silverstone. Learn and adapt!
    I don't think he would have win it, but there would surely be a chance to beat Maldonado. But I could imagine Lewis getting another reprimand...

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Just read that the FIA is investigating the matter.
    The outcome is simple they say. Whitmarsh said the car had a technical problem. Now mcLaren has to prove that this was indeed the case and if they can't prove that, the FIA will investigate how much fuel there was left in the car.
    If there was no technical problem and driving the car back would have left the car with not enough fuel, Hamilton will lose his pole-position.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

6.6.2 Competitors must ensure that a one litre sample of fuel may be taken from the car at any time during the Event. Except in cases of force majeure (accepted as such by the stewards of the meeting), if a sample of fuel is required after a practice session the car concerned must have first been driven back to the pits under its own power.
    Pretty sure, Mclaren know the rules very good and they won't be punished because there is no clear rule telling cars have to be driven back to the pits in any case.