Thread: 2012 Spanish GP: Nods and Nays

2012 Spanish GP: Nods and Nays

HONOR ROLL
    Driver of the Race: Pastor Maldonado, unexpected but great drive.
    Honorable Mention: Lewis Hamilton, good result looking from where he started (which wasn't his fault)
    Overtaking Move of the Race: Kobyashi & Vettel, towards the final laps
    Race High Point: Lap 1, turn 1 & Ferrai Pit Stops

HORROR ROLL
    Driver off the Pace: Plenty of them- Webber, Massa, Button
    The Lewis Hamilton Bonehead Move of the Race Award goes to: Schumacher, I am sure Senna wasn't break testing him
    Race Low Point: Alonso's outlap after second pit stop, watching Maldonado breeze past
    Your Take on the Race: Ferrari are back, not the best but certainly in a position to fight for WDC. Its sad, but my patience with Felipe is running out

2012 Spanish GP: Nods and Nays
    HONOR ROLL
    Driver of the Race: Maldonado. For a first win, holding off alonso, its really a great job done.
    Honorable Mention: Hamilton and vettel, with drive thrus and nose change and starting from the end, its amazing they finished as high as they did.
    Overtaking Move of the Race: Kobayashi
    Race High Point: Race start and podium celebration

HORROR ROLL
    Driver off the Pace
    : Button, and am not complaining. Its showing how ordinary he really is if the car isnt perfect.
    The Lewis Hamilton Bonehead Move of the Race Award goes to: Cant say there was one.
    Race Low Point: Charles pic holding up Nando
    Your Take on the Race: We are getting back to where we belong. Not there yet, but getting there. And Williams might be on the ascend as well.
    Silently, like a shadow

Alonso qualified 3rd in a car in which his teammate started 17th (16th due to Hamilton's penalty). Then proceeded to fight for victory against a faster car, and keeping faster cars behind.
    Maldonado gets man of the race, for winning in style against a top driver even though he is still basicly a rookie, but driver of the race was Alonso, again, for extracting every bit of performance from his inferior -compared to the one who ended up being first- equipment.
    Honorable mention to Hamilton, pole, then great recovery drive. Vettel did well, too.

HONOR ROLL
    Driver of the Race: Pastor.
    Honorable Mention: Vettel (despite delay in the pits and penalty finished sixth)
    Race High Point: nando's overtake to pastor at the start.

HORROR ROLL
    Driver off the Pace: Schumacher
    The Lewis Hamilton Bonehead Move of the Race Award goes to: Pic blocking Fernano
    Race Low Point: Red full's pitstops
    Your Take on the Race: We are back in the bussiness

HONOR ROLL
    Driver of the Race: Pastor Maldonado, flawless except for the start, but there's little you can do against Fernando there.
    Honorable Mention: Vettel, after so many problems he finished 6th and managed to mantain WDC lead.
    Overtaking Move of the Race: Kobayashi with his banzai-style is quite a sight! ^^
    Race High Point: Alonso & Kimi holding Pastor up in the air.

HORROR ROLL
    Driver off the Pace: Massa & Button were awful.
    The Lewis Hamilton Bonehead Move of the Race Award goes to: Charles Pic for that neverending blockade, and Schumacher, although I'd call that last one a racing incident, he was so very close to Bruno that it must be really hard to react on time to whatever move or speed change he makes.
    Race Low Point: Seeing how the gap went from 1.3 to +6 secs after the Pic incident.
    Your Take on the Race: Good to see Ferrari (Alonso) back on top, and the direct rivals far behind. The race was exciting and close at the end, with Raikkonen at his max and Vettel pushing to the limit to get more points. It's a shame Alonso tires got screwed up before Maldonado's, but the updates are obviously working. Also, I loved Tombazis' camera moments! :D

HONOR ROLL
    Driver of the Race: Pastor Maldonado. Almost perfect drive.
    Honorable Mention: Hamilton, excellent result from the back of the pack.
    Overtaking Move of the Race: Too many to mention, lots of overtaking even on non-DRS parts of the track which was awesome to see in Barcelona.
    Race High Point: Start!

HORROR ROLL
    Driver off the Pace: Massa, Button.
    The Lewis Hamilton Bonehead Move of the Race Award goes to: Charles Pic for being blind.
    Race Low Point: Maldonado passing during the pit stop.
    Your Take on the Race: Very entertaining race, the car is good, the pit crew is good, Fernando is doing everything he can and the WDC is wide open!

HONOR ROLL
    Driver of the Race: Pastor Maldonado
    Honorable Mention: Hate to say it, but Lewis
    Overtaking Move of the Race: Kobyashi, twice. Button then Vettel (same corner I think?)
    Race High Point: 'Nando's start; thing...of...beauty

HORROR ROLL
    Driver off the Pace: Button and Weber
    The Lewis Hamilton Bonehead Move of the Race Award goes to: Schumi
    Race Low Point: Ferrari waiting two laps on the second pit
    Your Take on the Race: Ferrari are clearly on the right track here. Monaco should be another good race to mask our weaknesses and give us time to develop rear downforce solutions before Canada (eh)

HONOR ROLL
    Driver of the Race: Pastor Maldonado. Flawless drive. Although he got overtaken by Alonso at the start, his start was still very good. Left enough room. Did nothing crazy Controlled the race throughout.
    Honorable Mention: Alonso, Vettel, Hamilton and Kobayashi
    Overtaking Move of the Race: Vettel at difficult parts of the circuit
    Race High Point: Alonso leading

HORROR ROLL
    Driver off the Pace: Massa
    The Lewis Hamilton Bonehead Move of the Race Award goes to: None. Hamilton did an excellent job.
    Race Low Point: Schumacher crashing into Senna ending his race. Senna was in a fast car and had a chance of finishing in top 10 at least.
    Your Take on the Race: Ferrari have definitely improved. Not competitive enough for the win consistently but competitive enough for the podium as things stand. Their race pace is on par with Lotus who have a very fast race pace. Williams and Sauber look extremely fast but I think we will become faster than them due to our car development. Looking like a strong year for Alonso. I have him down as the favourite for the WDC mainly because Ferrari have improved their car.

HONOR ROLL
    Driver of the Race: Pastor Maldonado, no doubt about it. anyone who comes out on top after a head-to-head with Alonso deserves credit
    Honorable Mention:
    Kimi Raikkonnen, almost blasted past Alonso right at the end but that was a phenomenal last stint - starting it 20+ seconds behind and ending it snapping at the 2 leaders' heels...wow!
    Fernando Alonso: actually, this was not vintage Fernando (or the F2012's not quite there yet) cause he got passed by PM and then dropped off towards the end but still a worthy drive
    and, i hate to say this, Lewser Ramilton: great drive from the back and another bungled pit stop to hassle Nico right to the end
    Overtaking Move of the Race: Kobayashi on JB: banzai! JB paid a little too much attention to what was in front of him and got hammered by Kobi
    High Point: the podium -
    Pastor on Alonso's & Kimi's shoulders (even Kimi smiled!)

HORROR ROLL

Driver off the Pace: Felipe, Felipe, Felipe! i'm a big fan and it pains me to see him fighting with the Caterhams and Marussias. he had a decent first stint and then it all went wrong again. i think the final countdown has begun...

The Lewis Hamilton Bonehead Move of the Race Award goes to: MS all the way. and more so for his reaction afterwards...
    Race Low Point: Felipe's penalty
    Your Take on the Race:
    5 different winners (2 first-time winners) from 5 different teams
    in 5 races...2012 is awesome. cant wait to see Felipe get on the podium (at least) and Kimi win a race...
    Felipe Massa for World Champion 2012!

I'm sorry guys, but can I skip to the race high point?
    This was on the live tv, and it was pure poetry.

http://h9.abload.de/img/ferrari-pit-loopgnb6x.gif

And then 2 laps later, the McFools leave a wheel gun for their car to run over

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Quote Originally Posted by scuderiafan View Post

wow..really impressed with those awesome pit crew..

Well orchestrated symphony of mechanical perfection! Great job to the boys in red!!!
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

I love that the one guy leans in and looks like he's saying something to Fernando.

Quote Originally Posted by Homan13PSU View Post
    I love that the one guy leans in and looks like he's saying something to Fernando.
    wow..me too..like he said..go catch him..

Wasn't a wheel gun, the left rear tire just caught the tire that had been removed as Lewis went to pull away, the effect of rubber on rubber resulted in the car appearing to jump... Either way, another mistake, left rear again..!

HONOR ROLL
    Driver of the Race: Fernando Alonso
    Honorable Mention: Lewis Hamilton, Kamui Kobayashi
    Overtaking Move of the Race: Kamui Kobayashi on Button
    Race High Point: Lap 1 Turn 1, Pit Stops

HORROR ROLL
    Drivers off the Pace: Button, Webber
    The Bonehead Move of the Race Award goes to: Scumacher and blinded Pic
    Race Low Point: Maldonado's outlap after second pit stop, his purple sectors
    Your Take on the Race: Are Ferrari back? I hope so!
    This season will be the "Rosso Corsa" season!
    Fernando is FAster than anyone.