Page 19 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031323344 ... LastLast

Thread: Felipe Massa sucks, says Suzie

Quote Originally Posted by Alonsofan2002 View Post
    If we want a constuctor title,we need massa gone now.
    sorry mate but you appear to be in la-la land!

Explain the use of the word "we" in context please Alonsofan2002

"Luna faccia schiaffo testa"

Quote Originally Posted by F2002 View Post
    The reality is that nobody is able to substantiate your claim.

More than 500 comments on this thread, yet nobody except the guys at Ferrari and Felipe himself, really knows what the problem is with car number 6.
    I doubt that. If they did know that dude, wouldn't they just fix it?

If Ferrari knew what to change on the car they would do it and if Ferrari knew that Massa was the issue and that replacing him would make his replacement drive like Alonso all of a sudden - thus putting us in range of the WCC - don't you think they would do it?

They don't keep Massa there for sentimental reasons and they don't do it because people who post on internet forums haven't yet been able to get them to see the error of their ways.

It's very frustrating but one thing is for sure - they don't really know what the problem with car number 6 is

Do you think it is possible for the fans or media in italy especially to put pressure on ferrari about Massa and force them into making a rash decision on his future.

Ferrari is always under pressure from the Italian media, even when winning titles and a race goes wrong, they are well used to it.
    Forza Ferrari

When we say one word, we understand ten, but here you have to say ten.To be absolutely clear

we meaning team.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifosi View Post
    I doubt that. If they did know that dude, wouldn't they just fix it?

If Ferrari knew what to change on the car they would do it and if Ferrari knew that Massa was the issue and that replacing him would make his replacement drive like Alonso all of a sudden - thus putting us in range of the WCC - don't you think they would do it?

They don't keep Massa there for sentimental reasons and they don't do it because people who post on internet forums haven't yet been able to get them to see the error of their ways.

It's very frustrating but one thing is for sure - they don't really know what the problem with car number 6 is
    I always thought, and I say this with no insider knowledge whatsoever, that keeping or firing a driver depends on many factors other than simply the way he performs on track. Sponsorship is obviously a factor, and someone here also mentioned certain marketing aspects, such as leveraging one's nationality for the sake of attracting market share for the brand.

This means, and this is a personal opinion of course, that it is very difficult for us to know the real deal with respect to Massa's situation. For all it's worth, there could be an arrangement in place whereby he is in an R&D role this season, supporting Alonso by testing new parts, strategies, etc. In that case, his performance would be perfectly explicable, and well within Ferrari's domain of control.

Beyond that irrelevant example I just gave, I still believe that Ferrari has a good insight as to what is happening with him and the car. At the very least, they have telemetry to compare (remember Rob's remark about Alonso keeping the throttle open or whatever it was), plus simulator data and all that. And if a new front wing delivers, it would deliver on both cars, plus or minus the setup.

My old man, who knows Formula One from the black and white times, simply believes that the "car has been built for Alonso". That to me supports the "keep", rather than the "replace", camp.

Like you, I'm an Alonsofan (and Ferrarifan of course) but on this we could not disagree more.
    I do not want Felipe out, not now and not in the near future. I just want to see him do better because I know he can.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Quote Originally Posted by Red passion View Post
    Do you think it is possible for the fans or media in italy especially to put pressure on ferrari about Massa and force them into making a rash decision on his future.
    No.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Alonso winning a race , on the podium, is not a miracal. I believe Massa and his car are being used for testing. And the results going to Alonso , which as we cans see are well worth it. Massas doing what he can do with what he has to work with. Alonso is the best, and his car getting him up front, almost beating out Williams is not a miracal. Were getting the car right!
    [SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by brembo man View Post
    Alonso winning a race , on the podium, is not a miracal. I believe Massa and his car are being used for testing. And the results going to Alonso , which as we cans see are well worth it. Massas doing what he can do with what he has to work with. Alonso is the best, and his car getting him up front, almost beating out Williams is not a miracal. Were getting the car right!
    Ferrari winning the WCC might be a miracle this year though

Last time we lost Felipe mid season it was a disaster, and I don't blame Luca Badoer at all just look at Fisichella's results. I hope that season tought Ferrari a valuable lesson.

This can happen to anyone in motorsport. Anyone remember Marco Melandri on a Ducati?

Felipe did good today...very good...hope he does well in the race..then we can dump this silly thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    Felipe did good today...very good...hope he does well in the race..then we can dump this silly thread.
    Yeahhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    Very happy to finally see both cars competitive today.

At the same time, highly appreciative of everybody's contribution to this thread, even the most emotional or impulsive ones.

There's bound to be "silly" things happening in here - it's one of the reasons why a place like this is called a forum.

Today at least proved that it's not Massa that 100% at fault this season. Monaco is a drivers track and it's no coincidence that Felipe is suddenly up there in the mix. The car hasm't suited him again this year. which isn't an excuse. Massa isn't a Schumi or an Alonso in that he can't drive around the deficiencies of a bad car whereas the likes of Alonso can. Massa needs a good car to do well in all races and we haven't given that to him. All year Massa has only been a few tenths behind Alonso in qualifying when it counts and given how close everyone is this year a few tenths is a huge amount. If Massa was replaced by anyone today it wouldnt make any difference to the constructors championship. Massa is as fast as any "second" driver in the market and he's slower than none of them. Give Massa a decent car and he'll do us proud as he always has.

btw, yes I'm a Massa fan but I still look at the realistic parts of the sport. The last paragraph was written without rose tinted glasses and I'm sure by the end of the season it'll be proved.

Quote Originally Posted by macks View Post
    Today at least proved that it's not Massa that 100% at fault this season. Monaco is a drivers track and it's no coincidence that Felipe is suddenly up there in the mix. The car hasm't suited him again this year. which isn't an excuse. Massa isn't a Schumi or an Alonso in that he can't drive around the deficiencies of a bad car whereas the likes of Alonso can. Massa needs a good car to do well in all races and we haven't given that to him. All year Massa has only been a few tenths behind Alonso in qualifying when it counts and given how close everyone is this year a few tenths is a huge amount. If Massa was replaced by anyone today it wouldnt make any difference to the constructors championship. Massa is as fast as any "second" driver in the market and he's slower than none of them. Give Massa a decent car and he'll do us proud as he always has.

btw, yes I'm a Massa fan but I still look at the realistic parts of the sport. The last paragraph was written without rose tinted glasses and I'm sure by the end of the season it'll be proved.
    couldnt agree more, the boy just needs some luck!!! yes, he has been unlucky people!!

Massa believes he will be stronger from now on after matching Alonso in Monaco

Felipe Massa believes he can be more competitive for the rest of the 2012 Formula 1 season after qualifying seventh for the Monaco Grand Prix.

Massa scored only two points in the first five rounds of the season, compared to Ferrari team-mate Fernando Alonso's 61, and had not previously made it into Q3 in 2012.

He admitted on the run-up to Monaco that he hoped this weekend would be "the beginning of a different championship" for the Brazilian.

Having topped Q2, Massa qualified just a tenth behind Alonso and will line up on row four.

He put his improved form down to the upgrades brought to the F2012 at, and after, the Mugello test earlier this month.

"It's a more comfortable car for me so from the first day and first practice I think it was quite positive," he said.

"Even if for me its the first time I have achieved Q3 this year maybe we could have been nearer the front if we had done in Q3 what we did in Q2.

"I think it is quite positive for the race tomorrow, but also quite positive about what we do with the car and the set-up we use.

"The race is important for me and to start a different championship from now until the end of the year."

Now bring her home in the points Felipe......

Good result today for Felipe...yay!!! Lets do it one better next race Felipe!

Hope he's onboard the steamroll train now .
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

not to take anything away from Massa, he was very good today, but swallow doesn't make a summer. we need more of these results
    not gonna change my profile picture

Hats off to Massa, has improved considerably and i hope this rich vein of form continues into Europe. Hopefully he can also push Alonso to give that extra little bit more, competition is good after all
    "The client is not always right." - Enzo Ferrari

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk 2
    Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Katu View Post
    not to take anything away from Massa, he was very good today, but swallow doesn't make a summer. we need more of these results
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Katu View Post
    Indeed. Supersoft + soft tyres, a race where you can't race a lot + good start = good results. I will deliver my opinion after Canada.

yeah with Monaco being the ultimate driver test it would be unwise to suggest anything from it Maybe if he performs in Canada we will then wait till Silverstone etc etc.
    Forza Ferrari

With respect to the "not to take anything away from Massa......but" posts.....

I don't think that his pace at Monaco was an indicator that "he might not be useless after all but we will wait and see for the next race (and then inevitably then the next race) in case we need to call for his head again".

It's pretty clear that it is not his natural ability or potential that is fluctuating so much as it is his ability to handle the package he has on a race by race basis. With that in mind, and with Monaco being an exception in this respect, I don't think anyone sees Massa's Monaco pace as an indicator of his sudden increase in general ability with (or without) the car.

The only thing we are waiting to see is if the car comes to him more during the remainder of the season, and whether or not Ferrari still wish him to be there as Alonso's support driver next season. I imagine that will be decided and based on his potential to do his bit to mount a WCC challenge in 2013 and beyond when compared to Perez or whoever else they have lined up. Sad but true.

Alonso is making him look a lot worse than his ability and potential at the moment but only Ferrari know if their car is worthy of a WCC as well as a WDC, regardless of who they stick in the second seat. If they thought that someone else (who is currently available) can drive that car like Alonso for the rest of this season, they would get them in now wouldn't they?

This is what anyone's expecting from FM, being around the top there mixed with the competitors and fighting for as many points as possible. Nice to see Massa back, where he belongs.

Excellent performance by Massa in the Monaco GP. He was under tremendous pressure from the team and the media but most probably from himself. Despite this change in performance, I think it has come a little too late. Generally-speaking, over the course of say almost 2 years, he really has been struggling. I wouldn't be suprised if we see someone different alongside Alonso next year. I think Ferrari are looking into this and it is just a question of who they want, who is available and who wants to join them. I think the best candidates for this seat are:

Hulkenberg
    Perez
    DiResta

We need someone young but not a rookie alongside Alonso. They will learn a lot from Alonso's experience. All three would make ideal candidates and I would say Hulkenberg is perhaps underrated but he has been performing very well on par with DiResta who is a strong team mate. There are others like Buemi and Sutil but I would place priority on these three rather than others. It could be a case that Ferrari's choice(s) may not be available until 2014 or thereafter so in this case the seat would probably go to Webber, Buemi or Sutil as an interim measure. I'm inclined to think it will be Webber between these 3. I don't think it will be Jamie. He has something against Alonso and taking him on would wreck the team harmony.

I would also like to add that I think the logical progression for DiResta would be join Mercedes or McLaren which leaves out Perez and Hulkenberg. I think Hulkenberg is the stronger of the two but Perez may be favoured here because he is part of the Ferrari academy. But Perez is error-prone. I hate to say this but I think his Monaco peformance has damaged his chances of joining Ferrari. You need not just be a fast driver but also be consistent and intelligent or mature. He still needs more time to shine. I would say a good replacement for Alonso, when he retires driving alongside Hulkenberg. That would make a very strong team in terms of drivers. Even Grosjean is up there too but I hold in the same regard as Perez. He also needs more time to mature.

Massa still needs to go,and go now. Massa reminds me of workers who just show up for the pay check and does the bare minum for it.