Thread: Felipe Massa sucks, says Suzie

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Yeah, so late pit for super softs with low fuel should see good laptimes.
    It would have been a very easy victory for Alonso if he had pitted around lap 50 for supersofts.
    20 laps on the SStyres had allready been tried in the first stint with a heavier car!
    And we would have been way faster than Lewis [see Massa's times].
    Like you allready said they where marking Vettel and nothing else mattered!

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Did you say the same when Alonso crashed FP3 Monaco? Or when he got a stop/go at Silverstone, or when he spun out at Spa?

I doubt it somehow Alonsofan......
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Dino View Post
    It would have been a very easy victory for Alonso if he had pitted around lap 50 for supersofts.
    20 laps on the SStyres had allready been tried in the first stint with a heavier car!
    And we would have been way faster than Lewis [see Massa's times].
    Like you allready said they where marking Vettel and nothing else mattered!
    is this a ferrari problem we get tunnel vision on marking/covering one driver and forget about others and get jumped in a pit stop or overtaken on the track and then we stratch our head and wonder where did "they" come from.

An "interesting" thing has been going on since Monaco too, I don't know if anybody else noticed, but the mood in general around Felipe's side of the garage has changed quite alot in my view, when we compare it to the beginning of the season.

Specially the chats between their radio, alot more confident and actually peaceful, remember that for a while you could see the frustration on rob's face, and felipe's.

I wonder IF during all that extra work at Maranello between Felipe and the team, something was finally made clear, if there was a real reason why the car wasn't working so well for Felipe, it's not like the issues were not addressed, Felipe even mentioned how he sought medical help also to try and pinpoint the problem, but that came up good.

Makes me wonder if Felipe and Rob (and the rest of the team) knows something that we don't about felipe's situation inside the team. he doesn't seem to me like he is driving with one foot outside ferrari's door... just very strange to me, since he is not the best driver in hiding his feelings, if his departure was 100% certain he would never be in this great mood he seems to be in.

T
    he art isn't in never falling but in always getting up.

Quote Originally Posted by Poltergeistes View Post
    An "interesting" thing has been going on since Monaco too, I don't know if anybody else noticed, but the mood in general around Felipe's side of the garage has changed quite alot in my view, when we compare it to the beginning of the season.

Specially the chats between their radio, alot more confident and actually peaceful, remember that for a while you could see the frustration on rob's face, and felipe's.

I wonder IF during all that extra work at Maranello between Felipe and the team, something was finally made clear, if there was a real reason why the car wasn't working so well for Felipe, it's not like the issues were not addressed, Felipe even mentioned how he sought medical help also to try and pinpoint the problem, but that came up good.

Makes me wonder if Felipe and Rob (and the rest of the team) knows something that we don't about felipe's situation inside the team. he doesn't seem to me like he is driving with one foot outside ferrari's door... just very strange to me, since he is not the best driver in hiding his feelings, if his departure was 100% certain he would never be in this great mood he seems to be in.
    I have noticed that too. Why, this might be the case is still a mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifosi View Post
    Is "we" "you" being an Alonso fan and someone else? I'm confused
    Stu, I've long stopped getting myself worked up over comments from certain Alonso (not all, but plenty around here for sure) fans who make it look like they give a poop about Ferrari when in reality F1, for them, begins and ends with Alonso, nothing and no one else matters.

So I'd say just save yourself the bother and best just to ignore some of those posts.

The future is RED

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by mark p View Post
    Massa will win a race this season. He has caught a bout of Badoer and it takes a while to shake off. Seems like the Badoer bug is air born and Button has now caught it. When he said Alonso was not a worry he was right he knew he had caught the Badoer and he is now suffering the full effects.
    Now, that is FUNNY !!

Quote Originally Posted by Alfettafan View Post
    Now, that is FUNNY !!
    The bug or the Massa will win??

I'd like to think that Felipe still has a future at Ferrari and the car now seems to suit him more, given his recent performance. Rob's smile in Canada watching Felipe pass Rosberg early on was classic, there's a chemistry there which it would be sad to lose. Maybe there is something we don't know about, for me the team isn't just about Fernando but he sure as hell gets the results, just a shame that Felipe has been sidelined in the process.

I too noticed and found it very refreshing. I'm really hoping Felipe gets good results in Valencia and beyond because I would really like to see him continue to drive for SF and end his career there.

I wonder IF during all that extra work at Maranello between Felipe and the team, something was finally made clear, if there was a real reason why the car wasn't working so well for Felipe, it's not like the issues were not addressed.
    Ted Kravitz said on the UK coverage over the weekend that they had made set-up changes which was enabling Felipe to drive the car better. Sorry, I can't remember exactly what was said , but I think after Monaco Felipe also said that they knew what direction to go in now.
    Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by epiclyaddicted View Post
    Stu, I've long stopped getting myself worked up over comments from certain Alonso (not all, but plenty around here for sure) fans who make it look like they give a poop about Ferrari when in reality F1, for them, begins and ends with Alonso, nothing and no one else matters.

So I'd say just save yourself the bother and best just to ignore some of those posts.
    but I need my sport whilst everyone else is watching football dude!

"Luna faccia schiaffo testa"

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    Ted Kravitz said on the UK coverage over the weekend that they had made set-up changes which was enabling Felipe to drive the car better. Sorry, I can't remember exactly what was said , but I think after Monaco Felipe also said that they knew what direction to go in now.
    I wonder if Felipe's inputs were taken in, remember after 2008 when he said he had become "a" benchmark for the team after his performance during the season, we all know that Fernando is the benchmark, but makes me wonder if Ferrari isn't also working in that way for Felipe, obviously not as much, but if they did it enough to make felipe feel comfortable, maybe that's all he needed/needs, to matter inside the team like he used to.

T
    he art isn't in never falling but in always getting up.

The last 2 tracks have been street tracks, so is the next, so the driving demands are very different, no high speed corners just point and shoot. Massa's big test will be at silverstone to prove he really is on top of the car. If he gets within 3 tenths of Alonso there, it will prove that.

I wonder if Felipe's inputs were taken in, remember after 2008 when he said he had become "a" benchmark for the team after his performance during the season, we all know that Fernando is the benchmark, but makes me wonder if Ferrari isn't also working in that way for Felipe, obviously not as much, but if they did it enough to make felipe feel comfortable, maybe that's all he needed/needs, to matter inside the team like he used to.
    He is a part of the team, nothing to suspect otherwise

His confidence has been hit after Germany 2010, and until the team allows him to beat FA...its hard to see him get it back...

I am somewhat amused, if not shocked, that so many here are extolling the improvement in Massa's performance. For God's sake, he finished 10th in Montreal. Is that all we are to expect from a man who drives a car that was good enough to win that GP?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Nick View Post
    I am somewhat amused, if not shocked, that so many here are extolling the improvement in Massa's performance. For God's sake, he finished 10th in Montreal. Is that all we are to expect from a man who drives a car that was good enough to win that GP?
    If you had looked at his pace threw out the race you would have noticed that he was as fast and at times faster than the front runners and if not for the bad strategy, he would have finished 6-7th. That's something that we didn't really see in the past races (except Monaco). The ONLY not good thing he did in Canada was the spin, if you put that away, he was brilliant and is worth atleast a few good words from us.

It's strange to see some people belittling Felipe's hard work in the past few races. Look where he was at the start and where he is now. Some of you say that the improvement was just because the car got really better, taking the credit from Felipe and his engineers, that as i recall said that the up in the pace was because they finally found a way to set up the car better. In Monaco we didn't really see anything new on the car and Felipe was WAY better than in the races earlier. He was even faster last weekend, but the even bigger increase in pace was probably because of the updated exhaust, since Fernando got quite faster as well. To say that he has not improved is blind. We should be happy that he has not given up and found a way to get back up to speed.

just totally thrilled to see the "red-mist" Felipe back in action (up to the spin). i thoroughly enjoyed watching the first few laps where he had his foot down - got past Nico and then did the super-slide past the wall of champions...would have been really good to see what Felipe could have done without the spin - he did a 2-stopper and was almost a second a lap faster than the leaders right at the end...
    Felipe Massa for World Champion 2012!

Quote Originally Posted by mark p View Post
    Massa will win a race this season. He has caught a bout of Badoer and it takes a while to shake off. Seems like the Badoer bug is air born and Button has now caught it. When he said Alonso was not a worry he was right he knew he had caught the Badoer and he is now suffering the full effects.

Massa will be 100% in a few races.
    Great post!
    This season will be the "Rosso Corsa" season!
    Fernando is FAster than anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Forzi View Post
    If you had looked at his pace threw out the race you would have noticed that he was as fast and at times faster than the front runners and if not for the bad strategy, he would have finished 6-7th. That's something that we didn't really see in the past races (except Monaco). The ONLY not good thing he did in Canada was the spin, if you put that away, he was brilliant and is worth atleast a few good words from us.

It's strange to see some people belittling Felipe's hard work in the past few races. Look where he was at the start and where he is now. Some of you say that the improvement was just because the car got really better, taking the credit from Felipe and his engineers, that as i recall said that the up in the pace was because they finally found a way to set up the car better. In Monaco we didn't really see anything new on the car and Felipe was WAY better than in the races earlier. He was even faster last weekend, but the even bigger increase in pace was probably because of the updated exhaust, since Fernando got quite faster as well. To say that he has not improved is blind. We should be happy that he has not given up and found a way to get back up to speed.
    Exactly. With the exception of that spin, it looked like he was gunning for a podium. I started watching F1 in '10, but the Felipe I saw in Canada was similar to that of our 2008 Champion who I have seen in videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Nick View Post
    If you do not see any improvement in his performances in Monaco and Canada compared to the previous races then I don't know what F1 you actually watch?

Alonso finished 5th in a car that was good enough to win in then yeah? Is that what we expect?
    Forza Ferrari

Poor Felipe.. You cant help but feel sorry for the guy. I just watched a video of his crash.. He gave it all for Ferrari..Maybe its right that Ferrari give him just a little bit longer to show that he still has what it takes.
    we're number one

Massa after Monaco is always improving ... I don't know why but I also don't care so much ... it seems that his performance is getting closer to Fernando's...

At the risk of inciting the masses, Alonso never "seems" to back off/give up in a race, as was evident in Canada as he was being passed.
    Massa "seems" to need to be up front not to get discouraged.

And, before anyone asks, I am NOT privvy to his thought process, NOR do I "know" this for a fact!!
    It is very simply MY opinion! Feel free to disagree!

Apart from in Canada he went from 18th or something to 10th, yeah good point
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by sagi58 View Post
    And, before anyone asks, I am NOT privvy to his thought process, NOR do I "know" this for a fact!!

Quote Originally Posted by sagi58 View Post
    At the risk of inciting the masses, Alonso never "seems" to back off/give up in a race, as was evident in Canada as he was being passed.
    Massa "seems" to need to be up front not to get discouraged.

It is very simply MY opinion! Feel free to disagree!
    I concur

Yes but you can't say Felipe doesn't try his hardest from the off to make up places when he's had a poor qualifying session, but he does seem to fall back once the first pit-stops have happened and he gets stuck in traffic. His performances when near the front tend to be better, but I still think his strategies have been questionable and with something more radical, he could have had a lot more than the miserable 11pts so far. But no, Fernando never gives up, thank heavens, although you can't blame Felipe for wanting to, through no fault of his own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alonsofan2002 View Post
    I concur

If massa is trying his hardest then thats not even enough imo.
    Look at all the number two drivers,How many have more points the massa in lesser cars mind you.
    And before anybody gets uptight,..Heres a reminder............

Thread: Felipe Massa - Rumours and comments about his performance

Quote Originally Posted by Alonsofan2002 View Post
    If massa is trying his hardest then thats not even enough imo.
    Look at all the number two drivers,How many have more points the massa in lesser cars mind you.
    And before anybody gets uptight,..Heres a reminder............

Thread: Felipe Massa - Rumours and comments about his performance
    Yeah. How many #2 drivers in lesser equipment had as many points as Felipe when he nearly won the WDC? Just out of curiosity

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus