Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516172853 ... LastLast

Thread: Felipe Massa sucks, says Suzie

Quote Originally Posted by Imperatore View Post
    Who cares what he says, he doesn't own the team, it's up to Ferrari who will be in the car next year and with the crazy amount they paid this guy compared to his performance they should drop him immediately.
    Ferrari cares. And no, he does not own the team, he is really part of it. And that is what counts.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Indeed, and what is more bizarre is that it is mostly Alonso fans that say stuff about Massa.
    I'm an Alonsofan but I have always backed Felipe just as much and I still do. So not all Alonsofans are the same......
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Massa was also pretty quick on the wet/damp track no? sure he was up into the points from putting in good laps? and then fell back as the track dried out, as did Alonso pace wise?

Sauber did stop one lap too late, and Perez did make a mistake no if's about that. I have not taken any credit away from Alonso either, just I don't think the points so far reflect the real picture.
    Massa was some 5-10 seconds behind Alonso after the changed to intermediates. He was nearly lapped by the end of the race. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerhard Berger View Post
    Massa was some 5-10 seconds behind Alonso after the changed to intermediates. He was nearly lapped by the end of the race. Go figure.
    Our pace dropped when the track dried out, yes or no?

Not really sure what you are trying to prove now? Alonso drove better in Malaysia there is no debate about that, but winning was a freaky result that was not expected.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Omegablue View Post
    I'm hoping with every race till the end of the season. But the F2012 has so far been the worst since Alesi's era. Actually even worse, at least Jean was able to put in the top six.

Until it improves, it remains a donkey.
    Well its not as bad as the 80s with Alboreto and Johansson driving limping buckets. Those were the worst years as a ferrari fan with Senna and McLaren rising.
    "Okay,...Jean is smarter than you....... can you confirm you understood that message" Bernie on the phone to Max circa 2009

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines - Enzo Ferrari circa 1960

Our pace dropped when the track dried out, yes or no?

Not really sure what you are trying to prove now? Alonso drove better in Malaysia there is no debate about that, but winning was a freaky result that was not expected.
    Sure our pace dropped when the track dried out. However in the middle of the race, Alonso pumped in the hot laps and pulled away from Perez and Hamilton, while Massa destroyed his tyres and had to pit. Alonso deserves credit for this, relative to Massa.

Sure our pace dropped when the track dried out. However in the middle of the race, Alonso pumped in the hot laps and pulled away from Perez and Hamilton, while Massa destroyed his tyres and had to pit. Alonso deserves credit for this, relative to Massa.
    Got the lap times of Alonso and Massa to hand? Again not once have I taken any credit away from Alonso not quite sure why you keep thinking I have?
    Forza Ferrari

Alonso does deserve credit for realizing an "almost" impossible dream for Ferrari, that day!!
    And, although it may have been referred to as an "anomaly", any and all wins are a result of everything working together: car, driver, team and Lady Luck, who happened to be shining down on us, in Malaysia!!

(p.s. ooops, I forgot to mention the Pirelli tires, since they seem to have added a new dimension of their own!! )

Got the lap times of Alonso and Massa to hand? Again not once have I taken any credit away from Alonso not quite sure why you keep thinking I have?
    When we are comparing Massa and Alonso, and you want to ignore the points Alonso got in Malaysia because it was a "freak result", then you are taking credit away from Alonso for what was a great win.

When we are comparing Massa and Alonso, and you want to ignore the points Alonso got in Malaysia because it was a "freak result", then you are taking credit away from Alonso for what was a great win.
    I have not ignored them in the slightest, nor have I taken any credit away from Alonso, you seem to be ignoring what I said really
    Forza Ferrari

Indeed, and what is more bizarre is that it is mostly Alonso fans that say stuff about Massa.
    Actually it isn't, maybe here it might seem that way but even that is not necessarily true infact it's actually probably the neutrals who just support the team first over drivers who would be saying anything. Alonso fans would have no reason to complain about a weaker team mate unless it was hampering Alonso's chances of WDC/victory or petty arguments involving both fans trying to get the upperhand, other Forums it's actually the Ferrari/Alonso haters who say those things about Massa.
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lo52ws9xLo1qlt7lao1_500.gif

I really don't think the points reflect how hard he's been trying, starting outside the top10 is always going to put a spanner in the works, but his first few laps prove that he's got the fighting spirit, he just gets swallowed up once Fernando's strategy has been applied and then can't recover because he's lost too many places and the mid-field is so close, so his points score reflects that and that only!

Yeah I didn't like him and did not want him at Ferrari, don't see why that matters about you assuming you know how Stefano works away from nice talk on TV? Kimi could have won every race and I would still not have liked him.

So when the car's are on the track you are counting that as learning how Stefano works? please explain to me how you go about that?

You said previously Stefano took the option given to him to go more radical this year, do you think the engineers and design team gave him a few options and he just picked one at random? Or do you think he was given a brief from the engineers etc about what they would expect by doing design A, design B and design C? I imagine he was given a very big briefing from the design team about what they could achieve with a certain car design they would propose to him a route to take and he might well have decided on one based on the info the design team give to him. Now is it his fault the design team came up short so far? Should he trust his engineers and design team to know what they are doing?

Where do you include Luca Di in the process?
    Stefano is the head manager 24/7 with the team, and if the team is not doing well for a long period, then clearly his management is not working, or getting up to pace fast enough.
    He calls all the final shots from the design to the strategies. No big secret there. That is his job description, just like it was for Ron and Jean.
    It was he that presented Chris's head after Dubai 2010. He offered Costa as the sacrifice. That is the point of his position to manage those beneath him.

Yes, I really do hope the engineers and design team give him many options, and hopefully when assessing with them, Stefano makes the right choice or guides them in the right direction.
    Remember early 2002? Todt wasn't happy with the development of the F2002 before the season started, and after assessing with the team, he made the call just before Australia to delay it, and use the old car for the first few races.
    Again, that is what the job title says.

That is why from a fruit store to a jet fighter maker, when something is not working, the manager is called in as it's his duty to run properly everyone else beneath him.
    And as in all fields, the workers came up with as many options, but it's the one on top that guides them in the right direction.

Luca DM? He runs the whole of Ferrari on international corporate scale. Not the F1 racing team. Yes, Stefano reports to him, and certainly Luca lately is applying the pressure on him.
    Hopefully by Spain the car returns competitive, because from my view, changing management at this point which would be logical if this year is scrapped, it's also going to take another year to rebuild the team beneath new managment.

So were you casting stones at Todt in 96 when engines were blowing up on formation laps? Why would you think Stefano with no engineering background would be making the right decisions? surely the right decisions come from the design team? Would Fry not be the in-between for design team to Stefano? Just like Brawn was for Todt?

If the design team report to Stefano that car A will give 1 second a lap gain while car B gives 1/2 a second, what do you think would be the way to go? only one decision right? and if the rivals have 2 seconds a lap, that is Stefano's fault?
    Forza Ferrari

Stefano is the head manager 24/7 with the team, and if the team is not doing well for a long period, then clearly his management is not working, or getting up to pace fast enough.
    He calls all the final shots from the design to the strategies. No big secret there. That is his job description, just like it was for Ron and Jean.
    It was he that presented Chris's head after Dubai 2010. He offered Costa as the sacrifice. That is the point of his position to manage those beneath him.

Yes, I really do hope the engineers and design team give him many options, and hopefully when assessing with them, Stefano makes the right choice or guides them in the right direction.
    Remember early 2002? Todt wasn't happy with the development of the F2002 before the season started, and after assessing with the team, he made the call just before Australia to delay it, and use the old car for the first few races.
    Again, that is what the job title says.

That is why from a fruit store to a jet fighter maker, when something is not working, the manager is called in as it's his duty to run properly everyone else beneath him.
    And as in all fields, the workers came up with as many options, but it's the one on top that guides them in the right direction.

Luca DM? He runs the whole of Ferrari on international corporate scale. Not the F1 racing team. Yes, Stefano reports to him, and certainly Luca lately is applying the pressure on him.
    Hopefully by Spain the car returns competitive, because from my view, changing management at this point which would be logical if this year is scrapped, it's also going to take another year to rebuild the team beneath new managment.

Blimey, talk about throwing the baby out with the bath water. Remember one thing you can learn so much from previous mistakes and I think the team are doing better than last year as we already have a win under our belts. The car is born from an agressive design, the team having been criticised for playing it too safe last year. I'd rather have more radical than too safe.
    "Okay,...Jean is smarter than you....... can you confirm you understood that message" Bernie on the phone to Max circa 2009

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines - Enzo Ferrari circa 1960

Stefano is the head manager 24/7 with the team...

He calls all the final shots from the design to the strategies. No big secret there. That is his job description...

Luca DM? He runs the whole of Ferrari on international corporate scale. Not the F1 racing team. Yes, Stefano reports to him, and certainly Luca lately is applying the pressure on him...
    You'll have to forgive me for not quoting your entire post, although I do agree with pretty well everything you said.

I imagine that before entrusting him with the ultimate responsibility of making the best decisions for Ferrari, as team manager, Di Montezemolo would have been very well-informed about Domenicali's strengths, expertise and experience. I believe that Di Montezemolo has done more than "just" show his faith in Domenicali, considering the length of time it's been since we had a winning season!

Also, IF and when Domenicali is lacking in expertise or understanding in any area under his jurisdiction, it is solely his responsibility, as team manager, to educate himself.

Quote Originally Posted by sagi58 View Post
    Also, IF and when Domenicali is lacking in expertise or understanding in any area under his jurisdiction, it is solely his responsibility, as team manager, to educate himself.
    Really? so Stefano should be an aerodynamic wizard, a engine guru, a suspension master, a KERS genius etc etc? wow we would need nobody else but Stefano if only he educated himself.....

Why do Ferrari hire people in these roles when it's just as easy for Stefano to educate himself? Do you think Horner is telling Newey how to do things out of interest?
    Forza Ferrari

I have just read through this thread. What started as a very interesting post has generated into a “can of worms”
    It was a lovely statement by Alonso who is better qualified than most to comment on his team mate.
    So why can't we be happy with that and accept what he said and stop trying to run Ferrari from our armchairs.

Forza Ferrari
    Forza Felipe Forza Nando

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    I have just read through this thread. What started as a very interesting post has generated into a “can of worms”
    It was a lovely statement by Alonso who is better qualified than most to comment on his team mate.
    So why can't we be happy with that and accept what he said and stop trying to run Ferrari from our armchairs.

Forza Ferrari
    Forza Felipe Forza Nando
    Last edited by LightAmaterasu; 8th May 2012 at 15:06.

Di Resta latest to join queue for Massa’s Ferrari seat

May 10 (GMM) Force India driver Paul di Resta has emerged as the latest candidate to possibly replace struggling Felipe Massa at Ferrari.

Mirror newspaper said the Maranello based team has “made enquiries” about the 26-year-old Scot’s current contract with Force India.

The speculation follows Red Bull’s closing down of rumours linking Mark Webber with the switch, as Christian Horner and Dietrich Mateschitz suggested the Australian is set to continue beyond his 2012 contract.

Ferrari chiefs “are known to be impressed” with di Resta since he moved as the reigning DTM champion to formula one at the end of 2010, the Mirror’s F1 correspondent Byrton Young wrote.

“Paul di Resta would be a very good target for Ferrari because (Fernando) Alonso probably has the best toolkit of knowledge and physically is one the best drivers in the world,” triple world champion Sir Jackie Stewart is quoted by the Daily Mail.

“Alonso is almost at his peak and to have a young driver such as di Resta be an understudy to Alonso is something I’d consider if I was at Ferrari,” he added.

http://www.totalf1.com/full_story/vi..._Ferrari_seat/

only di resta fans believe that could happen. no way
    not gonna change my profile picture

Suzie will be delighted if this is true
    Forza Ferrari

But anyway, more rubbish rumours, is Di Resta not on contract with Mercedes anyway?
    Forza Ferrari

No thanks, I want men with passion in Ferrari.

Please give Massa a break, let's just see whether the car is any better from now on before totally writing him off. Yes, di Resta has shown promise but despite his Italian ancestry, there doesn't seem to be any emotion. Rather him than Webber, though, or better still stick with Felipe and if he qualifies in the top 10, give him a decent strategy to race with and don't just put all the eggs in Fernando's basket.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Please give Massa a break, let's just see whether the car is any better from now on before totally writing him off. Yes, di Resta has shown promise but despite his Italian ancestry, there doesn't seem to be any emotion. Rather him than Webber, though, or better still stick with Felipe and if he qualifies in the top 10, give him a decent strategy to race with and don't just put all the eggs in Fernando's basket.
    Right now, Alonso is Ferrari's only hope for the driver's title. He's only 10 points behind the leader. Can you blame Ferrrari for backing Alonso this season?

I can't find any special reason "why should ferrari hire di resta" .
    Why not Massa?
    Why not Perez?
    Why not Rosberg?
    Why not anyone else?
    What Di Resta has to make him so special, sir Jackie?
    By the way who is Di Resta's manager?

Can't see a valid reason to pick Di Resta over Perez. Next!

Formula 1 is a crazy world m sure after this suggestion by the triple world champion.. Massa still has all that it needs to make this season work for him.. 2 race wins and he can change the title on its head.. its not gonna happen very soon but if he keeps battling.. m sure it will... either axe him and send him his way or stop bothering him with these unwanted speculations.. a man needs peace and he is on wayyy too much pressure right now.. The whole world in breathing down his neck.. if that accident had to do anything his psychi.. this is making it even worse...

Least of all i didn'y expect this discussion here.. we got to support our drivers and if Ferrari decide to make a change, well then its probably the right time.. until then lets keep the guy on a high note..

Wish he gets to read this :P
    Always the best place to discuss facts and to outnumber RBR and Mclaren fans... Do join for constant updates of the brand that is Formula1 :)
    Formula1 Facebook Group
    Thank YOU

Next rumor will be Ferrari trying to get Lauda back ...to replace Massa of course...
    Why not simply not start these sort of threads anymore?