Page 7 of 55 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202132 ... LastLast

Thread: Felipe Massa sucks, says Suzie

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariFanBoii View Post
    At least Kimi won us a championship...

For the 10 millionth time: he did not win it, Ramilton lost it.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Part of the 'problem' here (as I see it) is that we all really like Felipe and desperately want him to do well, after his accident we sent him a football shirt and got e-mails from Rob, so we all feel a tad protective over him, bit like a younger sibling, but the fact remains that he's not producing the goods, that's not a personal attack on him, but fact, I really hope something kicks into gear for him and he rediscovers the form that nearly landed him a world title, but if his current trend continues I really can't see how he can expect to remain in the seat next year...
    Think it would be very foolish to replace him mid-way through the season, but I do think this will his last year at Maranello, with that in mind I don't think there's another driver we could get (that will play second fiddle to Fernando) from the current grid who is better than Felipe, possibly with the exception of Checko, i'm thinking we should be looking at someone who will be pleased to be there and willing to learn, i'd be looking at someone like Davide Valsecchi or Luiz Razia, both are very quick and Valsecchi is very consistant (and Italian)...

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    I'm sure he did win it, if Lewis lost it then so did Fernando as they finished on the same points...

Kimi ended the season with the most points, amazing to think he was 17points off with two races to go, he never gave up (that didn't happen till the following year) and won the WDC...
    Come on the Kimster...!

And he cost us $40 million

How come no one says that about Vettel's first title? Alonso and Webber lost it and Vettel took the prize... but that's racing. We can just as easily say that Lewis just couldn't handle the pressure that kimi was putting on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobes View Post
    I'm sure he did win it, if Lewis lost it then so did Fernando as they finished on the same points...

Kimi ended the season with the most points, amazing to think he was 17points off with two races to go, he never gave up (that didn't happen till the following year) and won the WDC...
    Come on the Kimster...!
    *sigh*

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    How come no one says that about Vettel's first title? Alonso and Webber lost it and Vettel took the prize... but that's racing. We can just as easily say that Lewis just couldn't handle the pressure that kimi was putting on him.

Good points.

The difference is that I can't stand Kimi, and I kinda like Vettel

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Ferrari asked Massa to allow him through to win that championship yeah

"Luna faccia schiaffo testa"

Like Tobes said, I do think it's Felipe's last year at Ferrari but I think it'd be the final season regardless of how he does in the remaining races.
    As gutted as I will be, at least it will finally put an end to the endless rumours... after 6 years I've had a gutful of hearing who's going to replace him, and having to defend him - even when he was doing well!
    I became a Massa fan because he drove for Ferrari, not the other way around - but by God I will miss him when he goes
    Forza Jules

We will all miss Massa, he has been a great driver for us, i always preferred him to Irvine or Barrichello, he has a charming side to him, which is kinda endearing.

Massa is without doubt in his final year in Ferrari but I hope he gets some podiums and a race win this year.

I will cheer him on for the rest of the season to reach Q3 and get some decent points.
    Unfortunately the car does allow Massa to show his true potential.

Maybe once Massa leaves then more on here will wish him to be on the podium etc as they do with Kimi and MS
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Maybe once Massa leaves then more on here will wish him to be on the podium etc as they do with Kimi and MS
    Hehe, true that!

Quote Originally Posted by Tifosi View Post
    Just like they asked Raikkonen to move over in China 2008 to help Massa to the title....

Kimi was told, Massa was asked
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Jose-Lorca Fan View Post
    To say that Massa deserves his seat because of a single good performance in Bahrain is ridiculous.
    Twist my words if you really must...

Of course Massa needs to up his game, but it's easier to criticize him after a bad result isn't it?

Realistically speaking which teams would be prepared to take Massa on board once he leaves? Would he be happy to stay as a test driver?
    "The client is not always right." - Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by F2008 View Post

Of course Massa needs to up his game, but it's easier to criticize him after a bad result isn't it?
    Many bad results, not just one. Me thinks you are clutching on straws now.
    "The client is not always right." - Enzo Ferrari

Why would he stay as a test driver? Realistically what driver will come to Ferrari to play no2 to Fernando?
    Forza Ferrari

Why would he stay as a test driver? Realistically what driver will come to Ferrari to play no2 to Fernando?
    Exactly, other than Cheko, no-one on the current grid, Valsecchi's the way forward...

Many a mid field driver would be happy to come to Ferrari
    Perez, Di Resta, Senna, maybe Rosberg.

Red bull has Webber, Ferrari has Massa good solid drivers when the car is working both nearly won a title when the car was very good, both missed out at the last round. Massa is a solid driver and I think a mid-field driver would do no better than Massa in the current car.

Alonso is doing well because like Schumi and Vettel give them a bad car and their talent will find time from it that no one else can find

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    There's no reason for Ferrari to sack Massa now, it won't do the team any good

If Ferrari feels they need a new driver, they will hire a new driver next year.
    It won't do them any bad actually. He clearly is unable to deliver points. So WCC wise, it won't hurt the team. If they can snatch a capable driver from another team (big if, mind you) then that driver will have much more time to adopt to the team, will have more time to work with the car, and in all will be able to just be part of what Ferrari is.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    It won't do them any bad actually. He clearly is unable to deliver points. So WCC wise, it won't hurt the team. If they can snatch a capable driver from another team (big if, mind you) then that driver will have much more time to adopt to the team, will have more time to work with the car, and in all will be able to just be part of what Ferrari is.
    Got any names for who would switch teams mid season and how much it would cost us to do so?
    Forza Ferrari

nope. Ferrari won it, and as part of ferrari, so did Kimi.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by Tifosi View Post
    Otherwise called "Team work", happens since 1950 or so :D

Quote Originally Posted by F2008 View Post

Just one...?

Got any names for who would switch teams mid season and how much it would cost us to do so?
    I thought I said in my post .. wait for it...

(big if, mind you)
    There you go :)

So ya, I have no names. Not my business to have any names either :)

I know this for sure. Right now, Massa costs Ferrari his paycheck and a seat that offers to the WCC asbsolutely nothing. Perhaps it's time they face it (although I am sure they are facing it already).

I thought I said in my post .. wait for it...

There you go :)

So ya, I have no names. Not my business to have any names either :)
    Ah so big if's, can we have a big if Massa wins the next 4 races, which seems about as possible as what you suggest
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    Just like they asked Raikkonen to move over in China 2008 to help Massa to the title....
    obviously Ste - but not the point at hand

Otherwise called "Team work", happens since 1950 or so :D
    That was indeed my inference