Thread: Felipe Massa sucks, says Suzie

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Not sure how it's not fair? Massa performed well in 2010 which is the point being made.
    Sorry I had to make more specific that I meant "not so fair for Nando".
    I refer to the comment about "Massa outperformed Alonso 4 or 5 times".

As for his performance in 2010 he gathered 144 points which is a very good one.

Bahrain
    14 Mar 2010 Ferrari 2 18 18

Australian
    28 Mar 2010 Ferrari 3 15 33

Malaysian
    04 Apr 2010 Ferrari 7 6 39

Chinese
    18 Apr 2010 Ferrari 9 2 41

Spanish
    09 May 2010 Ferrari 6 8 49

Monaco
    16 May 2010 Ferrari 4 12 61

Turkish
    30 May 2010 Ferrari 7 6 67

Canadian
    13 Jun 2010 Ferrari 15 0 67

European
    27 Jun 2010 Ferrari 11 0 67

British
    11 Jul 2010 Ferrari 15 0 67

German
    25 Jul 2010 Ferrari 2 18 85

Hungarian
    01 Aug 2010 Ferrari 4 12 97

Belgian
    29 Aug 2010 Ferrari 4 12 109

Italian
    12 Sep 2010 Ferrari 3 15 124

Singapore
    26 Sep 2010 Ferrari 8 4 128

Japanese
    10 Oct 2010 Ferrari Ret 0 128

Korea
    24 Oct 2010 Ferrari 3 15 143

Brazilian
    07 Nov 2010 Ferrari 15 0 143

Abu Dhabi
    14 Nov 2010 Ferrari 10 1 144
    Last edited by sav_pap; 10th July 2012 at 09:01.

Well Felipe's future has been changed I think. This morning, Webbo decided to stay with RBR. Hopefully we'll see a charged Felipe at Hockenheim with a new Ferrari contract!

Quote Originally Posted by Gould View Post
    Well Felipe's future has been changed I think. This morning, Webbo decided to stay with RBR. Hopefully we'll see a charged Felipe at Hockenheim with a new Ferrari contract!
    There is a good chance Massa will stay at Ferrari for a year. But, I don't think Webber was really the major candidate anyway

Depending on what Ferrari plan to do in the future, its will be Vettel or Perez, both taking the team in a different direction. One is to pair up a strong driver alongside Alonso, the other is to build up a young driver to lead the team once Alonso retires.

Ferrari have talked about both possible path, no one can guess which one they will take. But either way, it won't happen until 2014 so there's a good chance Massa will retain his seat, at least for another year.

PS: I have nothing against Massa, reason why I think it will be Vettel or Perez in the near future is simply due to their age. They both are younger than Massa and Alonso. And Ferrari cannot have both Alonso and Massa retire at the same time and suddenly find ourself with 2 new drivers. That will be bad.

When Ruby left, Ferrari immediately brought in Massa, the young driver on the rise, the then Perez if you like because we know Schumi's retirement wouldn't be too far. So once Schumi left, we have a (then) young driver already experience in Ferrari. I believe Ferrari will do the same thing.

Seems than Latin Drivers suit our team better...

The laptimes from Sunday need consideration, http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2012/07/0...-fastest-laps/ Not too good considering even our customer team performed better. An interest is Felipes' race in comparison to 'Nandos, overall Felipe was quicker. In Monaco qualifying, I believe he was faster than 'Nando but for an un-complained about, block. There are plenty on the forum that wish to put him down, yet we are supporters of the team. Is that right to do, huh? 'Nando has said often enough, Felipes' luck is not always there, it's sad that he gets dumped on by some of us acting like the media. The graph demonstrates, just how much the clean air helped Fernando, wish it had have done better though.
    MS did a decent job too it's worth mentioning. Lotus are scary quick. Maldonado is just plain scary !

do we know if massa sustained damage to his rear wing at the british gp as a result of massa on the first lap, looks like he did from onboard vettel!...if so, even better performmance, i just hope the confirmation of webber to stay will give massa even more hope and even more pace!

Ferrari in no rush to decide Felipe Massa's future as Mark Webber rules himself out
    By Jonathan Noble Tuesday, July 10th 2012, 10:09 GMT

Ferrari insists it is no rush to finalise who will partner Fernando Alonso next year, with Mark Webber's decision to commit to Red Bull Racing taking away one of its most obvious options.

Webber held talks with Ferrari about a deal for 2013, but in the end elected to stick with his current team because of the benefits of familiarity.

That move has left Ferrari with a tough choice now to work out who will be best to partner Alonso next season - especially because Felipe Massa has delivered a promising lift in form since the Monaco Grand Prix.

Ferrari team principal Stefano Domenicali said that his outfit would wait before deciding on its plans, but he did suggest that Massa was now back to his best - which suggests he could yet be given another year's contract.

"I have said all the time that we are in no rush," explained Domenicali, speaking before news of Webber's contract extension with Red Bull Racing was confirmed.

"I am happy to see that Felipe was fourth [at Silverstone]. He was very unlucky in Valencia, so I think it [his struggle] is all over.

"I am happy to see after a very difficult start that he is in this shape and I really hope he can keep it up to the end."

Massa has also received some good backing from Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo, who noted that the Brazilian's points at Silverstone contributed to the team moving up to second place in the constructors' championship.

"I am very pleased to have seen that Felipe was very quick, fighting hard and consistently throughout the weekend," di Montezemolo told the Ferrari website. "It was very important for him and for us, because it is partly due to the points he scored that we have moved up to second in the constructors' classification."

Massa should only be allowed to retain his seat for 2013 season...only if he gives team atleast 3 podium finishes this season

LOL, its all media hype. Ferrari never spoke much about Webber to begin with. And now they say it as if Ferrari is running out of option?

Luca spoke more about Vettel and Perez.

It's really amazing how some have difficulty thinking and assessing for themselves as opposed to just absorbing everything the media says and squeezing it back out like a sponge. isn't it?

Disappointed Since 2010

I don't see any point in replacing Massa for next year if he keeps performing like he is now.. Massa is part of Ferrari and to go and get a new driver for next year will take time to build a driver/team relationship
    "That has made me fall in love with Ferrari even more today than ever." Fernando Alonso

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    There was a telling moment on the BBC post-race show when they were discussing how Massa had a good race. Eddie Jordan piped up with something like "Yes but nevertheless... he finished SIX seconds behind his teammate!" and seemed like he was about to lay into Felipe (again) and then suddenly you could see the realisation dawning on him that that was actually pretty good.

To me it showed that some will lay into Felipe no matter what.
    It's been this way for Felipe though since the first time he raced for Ferrari, as I'm sure you are well aware of. Felipe is often just the whipping boy for people who want to bash Ferrari. They see Felipe as an easy target. You see that a lot from McLaren or Red Bull fans, like they really care that a Ferrari driver is not doing well. And a lot of them are fans of another driver, who want to see their favorite in a Ferrari.

Don't play dumb with me. I'm better at it than you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Uzair Ahmed View Post
    Massa should only be allowed to retain his seat for 2013 season...only if he gives team atleast 3 podium finishes this season
    As I mentioned above..this thread is useless...
    Massa will be at Ferrari next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Jas View Post
    do we know if massa sustained damage to his rear wing at the british gp as a result of massa on the first lap, looks like he did from onboard vettel!...if so, even better performmance, i just hope the confirmation of webber to stay will give massa even more hope and even more pace!
    Vettel's FW looked fine so I suspect there was some damage to Felipe's diffuser..

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Vettel's FW looked fine so I suspect there was some damage to Felipe's diffuser..
    Yeah, I'm pretty there was damage to the Ferrari. There's a distinct possibility he would have made it onto the podium had that not happened. That was some excellent racing by both of our drivers.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    Yeah, I'm pretty there was damage to the Ferrari. There's a distinct possibility he would have made it onto the podium had that not happened. That was some excellent racing by both of our drivers.
    That piece of carbon fibre looked like it was Massa's rearmost vertical gill at the bottom of the wing end plate.It is there to reduce a little drag.
    No.4 in the picture.
    http://www.formula1.com/news/technic...2/869/965.html

Not sure if you guys can see this but this is Felipe's rear wing from the British GP and is quite damaged.

There are 2 vanes that are missing and little bit damage on the rear wing itself.He surely was losing some rear downforce from that.

rsz_31rsz_145.jpg

would that damage cause some performance degradation? if it is, then he was really having a good race even with damaged wing..

Quote Originally Posted by number 13 View Post
    Not sure if you guys can see this but this is Felipe's rear wing from the British GP and is quite damaged.

There are 2 vanes that are missing and little bit damage on the rear wing itself.He surely was losing some rear downforce from that.

rsz_31rsz_145.jpg
    That happened on the first lap at turn 2. SV got a little close, just knocked that off.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    That happened on the first lap at turn 2. SV got a little close, just knocked that off.
    Yeah i know that i just pointed it out because despite the damage he was really fast And that's encouraging for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by number 13 View Post
    Yeah i know that i just pointed it out because despite the damage he was really fast And that's encouraging for everyone.
    For sure it is, Ferrari need Felipe back to his best so do F1. Think this is his turn around. So impressed with his drive at Silverstone. Looked like he Felipe we all know.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

If it's on the car, it's there for a reason. Even if he was losing less than a tenth of a second per lap, they add up by the end of the race. Vettel cheated to get that podium!

Disappointed Since 2010

What do you think of this. Is it common to get professional support for a results slump

http://www.auto123.com/en/racing-new...p?artid=145533
    Last edited by Red passion; 12th July 2012 at 12:28.

doesn't work or removed

worked now...
    It seems that therapy worked also for Felipe...

Quote Originally Posted by Red passion View Post
    What do you think of this. Is it common to get professional support for a results slump

http://www.auto123.com/en/racing-new...p?artid=145533
    I think a lot of sportspeople have sports psychologists, don't they? Don't see that it's a huge deal - obviously he doesn't either as he was happy to discuss it.
    Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    I think a lot of sportspeople have sports psychologists, don't they? Don't see that it's a huge deal - obviously he doesn't either as he was happy to discuss it.
    I wasn't posting this as a bad thing he should hide from us, i just didn't think a sports psychologist would be needed for a drop in his points haul results

I thought Rob Smedley might throw his arm around him and give him some support and that would be enough. that's all.
    Last edited by Red passion; 12th July 2012 at 14:08.

There are sports psychologists and mental coaches working everywhere in professional sport. Its not like you need to be *plem-plem* to get such help, you know. Its quite common actually, though most sportsmen won't talk about it- for obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermann View Post
    There are sports psychologists and mental coaches working everywhere in professional sport. Its not like you need to be *plem-plem* to get such help, you know. Its quite common actually, though most sportsmen won't talk about it- for obvious reasons.
    Yeah, it's not that uncommon. I give Felipe a lot of credit for mentioning it. I think it also shows how dedicated he is.

Disappointed Since 2010

the worst thing massa did was not mention it,the psychologists works with you to bring out the issues you may have.

And by the way good result for Massa at silverstone