Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181930 ... LastLast

Thread: Felipe Massa sucks, says Suzie

Quote Originally Posted by sagi58 View Post
    In retrospect, I think Ferrari may disagree with you. But then, hindsight is 20/20, eh?
    maybe you should ask them not speak for them
    not gonna change my profile picture

Probably as quickly as Massa's fans move on, when he no longer drives for Ferrari?
    I have no idea I was only talking about the Kimi fans who can't move on
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    I have no idea I was only talking about the Kimi fans who can't move on
    Ve vill see, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Katu View Post
    maybe you should ask them not speak for them
    Notice the words "think" and "may"? That clearly indicates it's my own opinion, without having to use the acronym IMO!
    Besides, Ferrari is too much of a class act to make those kinds of comments, in public!!

Quote Originally Posted by F2002 View Post
    I saw Alonso wink to Maldonado as they approached the podium.

Could HE be the real contender for Massa's seat?

I know you're only joking, but after today's performance, I'd bet Mal showed up in the top team's radar.

I'm also not saying Massa should be replace of course. Technically, Ferrari won't replace Massa as they will honor his contract this year, and come next year, the second seat is up for grabs. Ferrari may rehire Massa, but you can't replace a driver when their contract ends.

While I agree Massa can still be a contender for next year's seat, I think Mal may have made it into Luca's short list too. In other words, he could be a contender for that seat alongside Massa.

Notice the words "think" and "may"? That clearly indicates it's my own opinion, without having to use the acronym IMO!
    Besides, Ferrari is too much of a class act to make those kinds of comments, in public!!
    oh who am i to stop you dreaming. do carry on, please

oh who am i to stop you dreaming. do carry on, please
    Just to clarify, I do NOT expect/believe/dream that Ferrari will be hiring Kimi back. What I do believe is that they may have had a rethink as to their choice of letting Kimi go instead of Massa, as most of us would/do when faced with a difficult decision. After all, they are humans and even more importantly, they are Ferrari!!
    Last edited by sagi58; 14th May 2012 at 00:22. Reason: for clarification ((thanks REDARMYSOJA))

Just to clarify, I do NOT expect/believe/dream that Ferrari will be hiring Kimi back. What I do believe is that they may have had a rethink as to their choice, as most of us would/do when faced with a difficult decision. After all, they are humans and even more importantly, they are Ferrari!!
    i believe that Ferrari knows Kimi by know, still 3 years in team should give them hints what kind of person he is. they know a lot more about him, his work ethics etc than we will ever know, you have only your imagination to count on. i'm sure he wasn't fired like Piquet or any other driver who has been sacked during season. i also don't believe that this decision was made in sudden moment when Luca or whoever was mad at one race performance. so no, after few races when Kimi has shown he has some interest in driving, i don't think that it should have made anyone at Ferrari reconsider their decision. season is long and we'll never know when Kimi would lose his motivaion again.

i believe that Ferrari knows Kimi by know, still 3 years in team should give them hints what kind of person he is. they know a lot more about him, his work ethics etc than we will ever know, you have only your imagination to count on. i'm sure he wasn't fired like Piquet or any other driver who has been sacked during season. i also don't believe that this decision was made in sudden moment when Luca or whoever was mad at one race performance. so no, after few races when Kimi has shown he has some interest in driving, i don't think that it should have made anyone at Ferrari reconsider their decision. season is long and we'll never know when Kimi would lose his motivaion again.
    We "do" know that Alonso was chomping at the bit to come to Ferrari, after that disasterous stay with McLaren and then the mess at Renault. We "do" know that Santander was willing to pay top dollar to see Alonso in a Ferrari. We "do" know that Massa was coming back from a horrific/near-death accident. We "may" surmise that the decision was difficult and that it probably produced a lot of sleepless nights.

So, let's not put all this down at Kimi's feet! There were a number of mitigating factors, and Di Montezemolo made the best decision he could at the time, faced with all these specific circumstances. My point is that, in retrospect, Di Montezemolo is "allowed" to rethink the decision, as most of us those big decisions in our lives.

Not sure why you insist on making this about me and my imagination, when the facts "do" speak for themselves. Sure, I may be guilty of seeing things from a biased Kimi-fan view; but, then again, how does that make me any different from the Massa-fan brigade?

We "do" know that Alonso was chomping at the bit to come to Ferrari, after that disasterous stay with McLaren and then the mess at Renault. We "do" know that Santander was willing to pay top dollar to see Alonso in a Ferrari. We "do" know that Massa was coming back from a horrific/near-death accident. We "may" surmise that the decision was difficult and that it probably produced a lot of sleepless nights.

So, let's not put all this down at Kimi's feet! There were a number of mitigating factors, and Di Montezemolo made the best decision he could at the time, faced with all these specific circumstances. My point is that, in retrospect, Di Montezemolo is "allowed" to rethink the decision, as most of us those big decisions in our lives.

Not sure why you insist on making this about me and my imagination, when the facts "do" speak for themselves. Sure, I may be guilty of seeing things from a biased Kimi-fan view; but, then again, how does that make me any different from the Massa-fan brigade?
    Massa still drives for Ferrari, Kimi doesn't. move on already!
    why you keep insisting that this was a bad decision?
    you are suggesting that Fernando is a paydriver and Massa is charity case. well there you go, you are even more naive than i thought you were.
    you know what - keep dreaming, i've had enough of it already. reality is Kimi got sacked and that's it! deal with it
    Last edited by Katu; 13th May 2012 at 18:58.

Complete and utter nonsense. Ferrari wanted Alonso and Alonso wanted Ferrari. The deal would have come with or without Santander.
    BTW: Kimi is a great driver, one of the best.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

In this crazy season with a different star every race whoever was the latest to do eell will be linked to Massas seat. I will support Massa and Alonso until Ferrari decide some day someone else will come in.Who will be great in Monaco? Any guesses who will be the next Massa replacement. Hulkenberg? 1 good race and you could be linked.

Why in the name of Antonio Ascari would Ferrari regret hiring Alonso over Kimi.

Don't play dumb with me. I'm better at it than you are.

I guess anything is possible, Fernando did return to Renault after all

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    I guess anything is possible, Fernando did return to Renault after all
    but Flav said he would welcome him back with open arms... haven't heard that about Kimi so far, though....

Quote Originally Posted by Alonsomaniac View Post
    Complete and utter nonsense. Ferrari wanted Alonso and Alonso wanted Ferrari. The deal would have come with or without Santander.
    BTW: Kimi is a great driver, one of the best.
    Ah you see... He always wanted to drive for McLaren... That's why he went to McLaren in 07.. Just saying.

Why would Maldo want to drive for Ferrari? He beat a Ferrari today, and he would
    be a clear #2..anyone who goes to Ferrari while Alonso is there will be #2.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariFanBoii View Post
    Ah you see... He always wanted to drive for McLaren... That's why he went to McLaren in 07.. Just saying.
    Kimibot yawn
    Forza Ferrari

Probably as quickly as Massa's fans move on, when he no longer drives for Ferrari?
    ...faster than Michael's then!

"Luna faccia schiaffo testa"

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    I know you're only joking, but after today's performance, I'd bet Mal showed up in the top team's radar.

I'm also not saying Massa should be replace of course. Technically, Ferrari won't replace Massa as they will honor his contract this year, and come next year, the second seat is up for grabs. Ferrari may rehire Massa, but you can't replace a driver when their contract ends.

While I agree Massa can still be a contender for next year's seat, I think Mal may have made it into Luca's short list too. In other words, he could be a contender for that seat alongside Massa.
    Outside the joke, something is very wrong with that F2012-Massa combination. Considering what Felipe is capable of, it really is a pitiful situation.

PaulW Guest
    IMO Kimi would be doing a better job in the F2012 than Felipe is ATM. But I wouldn't want Kimi back. Webber would be an OK stop-gap partner but the future is probably in Perez or possibly Bianchi. I wouldn't even mind seeing Kobi given a chance to prove himself.

Outside the joke, something is very wrong with that F2012-Massa combination. Considering what Felipe is capable of, it really is a pitiful situation.
    I think the statement now should read "was capable of" before his accident. He has never been the same driver since and Ferrari have given him all the time they can. The WCC is more important to Ferrari than the WDC, I cannot see them carrying on with his services for much longer than this season. It hurts when he came so close to becoming WDC and showing up Kimi for the over paid liability he had become. Alas, now that Massa cannot reproduce those results or even get close to his team mate, it gets harder to defend his driving results. Go now before you become disliked by fans.

Quote Originally Posted by steelstallions View Post
    I think the statement now should read "was capable of" before his accident. He has never been the same driver since and Ferrari have given him all the time they can. The WCC is more important to Ferrari than the WDC, I cannot see them carrying on with his services for much longer than this season. It hurts when he came so close to becoming WDC and showing up Kimi for the over paid liability he had become. Alas, now that Massa cannot reproduce those results or even get close to his team mate, it gets harder to defend his driving results. Go now before you become disliked by fans.
    After the effort he put in in '08 and especially if it is as you say the injury is why he is not driving as well, then I don't know why fans would dislike him. He's probably not going to be back after this season anyway and he certainly isn't going to just up and quit.

I agree it's frustrating and even painful to watch him struggle, but I trust Ferrari in making the right call. They know the situation best.

Don't play dumb with me. I'm better at it than you are.

Quote Originally Posted by REDARMYSOJA View Post
    Why in the name of Antonio Ascari would Ferrari regret hiring Alonso over Kimi.
    Is THAT what you've understood of this "discussion"??

Went back and "fixed" the post!!
    Thank you!!

Massa still drives for Ferrari, Kimi doesn't. move on already!
    why you keep insisting that this was a bad decision?
    you are suggesting that Fernando is a paydriver and Massa is charity case. well there you go, you are even more naive than i thought you were.
    you know what - keep dreaming, i've had enough of it already. reality is Kimi got sacked and that's it! deal with it
    You really need to back off and stop putting words into my mouth!!! It's quite unattractive and annoying, too!!!
    What I meant, and I thought I was clear, is that in light of Massa's performance, di Montezemolo "might" be having a rethink about the decision to keep Massa. I do NOT believe they did so out of pity; but, out of a sense of loyalty.
    I did NOT suggest Alonso is a paydriver; but, Santander is an influential conglomeration in Europe and what business entity (which Ferrari is) wouldn't want them on side?? Alonso is a win/win situation for ALL parties involved.
    Finally, I know Kimi got sacked; but, I don't need to deal with it. Whether he drives for Ferrari or not, doesn't change a damned thing in my life. Nothing to deal with!

You really need to back off and stop putting words into my mouth!!! It's quite unattractive and annoying, too!!!
    What I meant, and I thought I was clear, is that in light of Massa's performance, di Montezemolo "might" be having a rethink about the decision to keep Massa. I do NOT believe they did so out of pity; but, out of a sense of loyalty.
    I did NOT suggest Alonso is a paydriver; but, Santander is an influential conglomeration in Europe and what business entity (which Ferrari is) wouldn't want them on side?? Alonso is a win/win situation for ALL parties involved.
    Finally, I know Kimi got sacked; but, I don't need to deal with it. Whether he drives for Ferrari or not, doesn't change a damned thing in my life. Nothing to deal with!
    but still you talk like Kimi was victim of bad circumstances, not even slightly considering that there was probably more than we'd ever know why he got sacked. and i'm not putting words in your mouth, read again what you said earlier.
    and as for regretting - Massa had 2 not very good seasons and he still got 3rd after that, i don't think Ferrari is regretting that, because so far they haven't replaced him and you bet, that line is long who'd take his seat given the chance. let the season end and then say if Luca might regret it or not. Kimi loved WRC too in his first year and then suddenly lost all his motivation to drive...

There were these voices that kept saying "it's not Massa's fault, give him a capable car and wait to see what he'll deliver".

Now , he has a MUCH better car, and he was lapped by Nando.

Let's see what happens in the next two , three races, but if he keeps this kind of performance up...
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

+1
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

You make it sound like Massa is the one deciding if he stays or not.

Ferrari keep the drivers they want and change the ones they don't. Ferrari kept Barrichello for a reason and it wasn't to win a WDC for Ferrari. I agree however that I think Massa's time has inevitably come this season and that the situation is not a good one, but it's unrealistic to make out that Massa isn't still driving this season for Ferrari because Ferrari want him in the seat.

IMO, Ferrari are aiming solely for WDC in the short term and unless Massa turns it around dramatically in the meantime, he will go at the end of the season. As has been the case for 3 seasons now, the assumption made that anyone else in the other Ferrari is going to be at the level that Alonso is at is just fooling themselves. However, its clear that Massa cannot work with the Pirellis and the car (sod all to do with his accident ), and the gap is too big between our drivers, and so push will inevitably come to shove

However, WCC was never a possibility with what we started with this year realistically IMO, so suggesting Massa is responsible for its loss isn't realistic either. The only fans that Massa is disliked by atm are the ones that can't see the whole picture and put it into context.

"Luna faccia schiaffo testa"

Re-reading the press release, they are saying that the drive-through penalty is to blame for his zero-point tally in Spain.

A bit odd I feel.