Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Le-Mans 2012

enjoying the race so far. Glad Ant Davidson is relatively alright after the shunt yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Sianellen View Post
    enjoying the race so far. Glad Ant Davidson is relatively alright after the shunt yesterday.
    Didn't he break his back?

It was a shame with the toyotas, the new blue livery looks very nice.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Fastest lap of the race for the class with an hour and half left...

Come on Lucas...

Quote Originally Posted by scuderiafan View Post

ooo

Quote Originally Posted by scuderiafan View Post

Technically he's 'broken' his back, but it's actually a couple of fractured vertibrae, not really too bad...

Brilliant race!

Audi 1/2/3 and 5th

Ferrari win in GTE Pro!

1-2 class win!!!!
    Forza Ferrari!!

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Thrilled for Af Corse great comeback after the car being written off.

Superb race, can we have another one now? I don't want to wait a year!

Good race through the classes, the early part of the race was very good, but with the demise of the Toyota's it was Audi vs Audi in LMP1, wasn't a 'race', other thsn the #2 and #3 cars crashing on the same lap the end was a bit predictable, hopefully the Toyota's will be able to give them some competition next year...

A tad disappointed with the early exit of The Delta Wing, hope it will return next year...

Had sleep straight after race. Went bed at just after 01.30. Good race, really enjoyed that. Toyota did really surprise me. Didnt think they would take the fight to Audi as they did. Real shame that once it started go wrong for them, it just fell apart. Good news on Ant, and also Piergiuseppe Perazzini the AF Corse AM driver who hit Ant is ok aswell.

Awesome fictory for AF Corse #51 of Fisi, Bruni and Vilander. Deserve that after last years retirement. Always thought they would win it. Brilliant driver team after total rebuild of the #51 Thursday. And great 2nd place for the Luxury Racing #59 of Makowiecki/Melo/Farnbacher. They drove good race, only been going for 2-3 years that team. And already making big impact in GT racing. Felt bad for Oli Gavin and the crew of the #74 Vette, he a Brit so always want do ok (but not beat us ). The Aston drove good race aswell. Love the GTE class, always close hard racing.

Audi, well what can you say? They own La Sarthe really. After Toyota went out, they were only had each other too beat. Amazed by them going off, would really liked to see #2 Audi win it. Just for being Dindos last 24hr. Happy birthday Dindo. Yet again the young blood won, for the 2nd year in row. They crew are fast. Hope to have them fighting harder for the win next year. Hope be going myself, got it sorted with Tobes and the crew

All in all, not a classic that we have had for past couple years, but still an amazing race. Loved every minute of it. Roll on 12 months.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Statisticians will retain the firm Audi won his 11th victory in Le Mans land. They also retain a handful of figures:

• 240,000 spectators attended the event
    • 5151.8 kilometers traveled by the victors.
    • 378 laps covered by the victors.
    • 40th victory of a French pilot.
    • 33 pit stops for the winning car.
    • 29th victory a German car.
    • 29th victory in a closed car.
    • 27th victory of a German pilot.
    • 21 cars have not crossed the finish line.
    • 21st victory of the OEM Michelin
    • 12th victory number one.
    • 11th victory of Audi.
    • 8th victory of a car part from pole position.
    • 8th victory of a winning team last year.
    • seventh victory of a diesel engine.
    • 5th: the position Bonanomi, the first beginning this year.
    • 5th tripled for Audi.
    • 3'24 "180: the fastest lap signed Marc Gene.
    • third consecutive podium for Lotterer-Tréluyer-Fässler
    • third consecutive class win for Canal (GTE Am).
    • second consecutive victory for Lotterer-Tréluyer-Fässler.
    • second victory of a Swiss pilot.
    • first victory of a hybrid car.
    • first victory of a car with 4 wheel drive (not permanent)

Already victorious last year, Benoit Treluyer, Andre Lotterer and Marcel Fässler never tire of winning at Le Mans. As for Dr. Ullrich, it already promises to come to fight for a 12th victory next year!

Benoit Treluyer, Audi R18 e-tron quattro No 1, winner: "We're happy. We came better prepared than last year. Having already won we had put in trust. We all got along very well: Leena (Gade, Chief Engineer of the car) and his assistant, and especially Marcel (Fässler) and Andre (Lotterer). It is truly a team. Being a hybrid car has motivated us even more. Be the first to win Le Mans with a hybrid car is just fantastic. We write a page of history and I am quite proud. "

Andre Lotterer, Audi R18 e-tron quattro No 1, winner: "It was a real race. We really beat thoroughly with the number 2 Audi ... It was like last year in fact. At the end, Allan (McNish) was a bit unlucky. Otherwise there would have fought to the finish. It's really sports from Audi that leave us and beat us. "

Marcel Fässler, Audi R18 e-tron quattro No 1, winner: "This morning I arrived at Mulsanne and I have not seen the Corvette that was face-to-tail, so I tried to avoid it passing into the gravel trap. Unfortunately, I lost a little aileron control and hit the rail. We lost some time in the pits. "

Dr. Wolfgang Ullrich, Audi R18 e-tron quattro No 1, winner: "A big thank you to the team that has worked. We had a lot of trouble, not just technical ... There have been contacts with other competitors and we had trouble getting the tires to use in their windows. Audi is the first manufacturer to win with a diesel-hybrid and it's not a coincidence. Come to Le Mans and the first and second with a new technology is something very special. Last year, we came with three cars and there was only one left before the halfway point. So for me it was clear that we could inaugurate a new technology with only two cars. The Toyota team has demonstrated that it is possible to do a great job in no time. They fought with us without having played a single race before. A big cheer for them ... Next year we will have to work harder to remain competitive. We will come to Le Mans next year to continue this story. We are very involved alongside the COA for the new regulation in 2014

Le Mans, 17 June – The No. 51 Ferrari 458 Italia GT2, entered by AF Corse and driven
    by Giancarlo Fisichella, Gianmaria Bruni and Toni Vilander wins the “Le Mans 24
    Hours” GTE Pro category. Entered by the only Italian team to take part in the
    world’s most important endurance race, the car took the lead at the tenth hour,
    keeping the lead for the remaining fourteen.

The other AF Corse Ferrari 458 Italia GT2 entered by AF Corse in GTE Pro and driven by Marco Cioci, Andrea Bertolini and Olivier Beretta (No. 71,) came fifth. In the GTE AM category, there was a fourth place for the Ferrari 458 Italia GT2 No. 61, in the hands of Robert Kauffman, Rui Aguas and Brian Vickers The 81 car of Piergiuseppe Perazzini, Niki Cadei and Matt Griffin had to retire following an accident. Further in depth news to follow in the next few hours

The GT classes have been great fights. If the victory of the AF Corse Ferrari No. 51 in GTE Pro has drawn several hours before arrival, that of the No. 50 Chevrolet Corvette in GTE Am it was decided in the last tens of minutes.

Giancarlo Fisichella, Italia Ferrari 458 # 51 - AF Corse: "I must thank my team-mate, the AF Corse team because without them this victory will not have been possible. This is a very special victory, a very strong sensation. Win this race is a dream come true. My teammates were amazing, they are excellent drivers, really professional. We have already worked together and do a great season last year and again this year. "

Pedro Lami, No. 50 Chevrolet Corvette - Larbre Competition: "It is true that this was an opportunity to play with the victory by running Larbre Competition. This is a team to win. We worked with the team in the past. To return to this race and win with them again it's almost normal! (Laughs) It's weird to say but it's reality because I have always won with Jack. We tried to make a balanced team, was the secret to win. I'm really happy to have won today, and I agree with those who have already asked the question: where is my watch? "

Julien Canal, No. 50 Chevrolet Corvette - Larbre Competition: "These three wins in three appearances GT categories would not be possible without the team were Larbre Competition who trusted me from 2010. I'm very proud, and have brought my little stone to the building by providing the fifth victory for Jack (editor's note: Jack Leconte, team room) and Larbre Competition. This is the work of a team, my teammates were very professional, we did not make a mistake, no spin. With the raises after the safety car, the GT for us again with cold tires was very difficult. "

Jack Leconte, No. 50 Chevrolet Corvette - Larbre Competition (Team Manager): "What pleases me in my experience of motor sport, is that I have been fortunate to race all brands Gran Turismo and with each of them is we won the 24 Hours of Le Mans, a world title. As a private I can choose the cars that I think best. And precisely on U.S. we were very well received. This weekend we save a little making Corvette, marketing can play down there. We think they have designed a car very intelligent and we are happy to run with. "

bella bella

great pics, roll on next year!

Amato Ferrari: “It’s been an exceptional weekend”

Le Mans, 17 June 2012 – Ferrari has secured an amazing result, thanks to the AF Corse team winning the Le Mans 24 Hours, the oldest and most famous endurance race in the world. First past the chequered flag was car No. 51, driven by Giancarlo Fisichella, Gianmaria Bruni and Toni Vilander. It was an incredible fight back, after the car had been seriously damaged in Wednesday’s free practice.

Commenting on this truly memorable result, the AF Corse team boss, Amato Ferrari said: “ It has been an exceptional weekend. Winning at Le Mans with Ferrari is very satisfying because this is the most important endurance race in the world. It was a struggle at first, but the team reacted in the right way, managing to take my three drivers to the win.”
    Amato Ferrari also wanted to comment on the fourth place secured by Andrea Bertolini, Marco Cioci and Olivier Beretta in his second car in the LMGTE PRO class. “I also thank the drivers of car 71 for their great showing who, but for a few little problems, could have helped us to the one-two finish that was within our grasp. Really, a great day.”

Antonello Coletta: “Le Mans win a team effort”

La Mans, 17 June – The head of Corse Clienti, Antonello Coletta was justifiably proud of the amazing win secured by the AF Corse team at Le Mans this weekend. “This victory was down to the company and the excellent performance demonstrated by our cars in such a demanding race. It was even more special, as it came thanks to the efforts of the AF Corse team that showed great professionalism in rebuilding a car from scratch and ensuring it was competitive, after the major accident in free practice and finally the win is also a success for the Corse Clienti department which for the third time in its history has won this prestigious race (in 2008 and 2009 with Risi Competizione and now this year with AF Corse.)

“Italy has returned to winning ways at La Sarthe with a victory that came from an Italian team, thanks to the talents of a predominantly Italian driver line-up. I am proud therefore that Ferrari has contributed to delivering this really important result.”

Montezemolo: “A victory important in three way at Le Mans”

Maranello, 17 June – President Luca di Montezemolo was keen to underline the fact that this win for the 458 Italia in the Le Mans 24 Hours is important for Ferrari on three fronts. He was happy with the efforts of the AF Corse team that took victory in the GTE-PRO class of the most prestigious endurance race in the world.
    “It is an important victory, in an important race which has always been important in the history of Ferrari,” Montezemolo told www.ferrari.com. “It further pleases me that two Italians, Giancarlo Fisichella and Gimmi Bruni stood on the top step of the podium, along with Toni Vilander. This one-two at Le Mans proves that the amazing 458 is truly competitive. My congratulations and those of everyone at Ferrari go to the AF Corse team, its engineers, mechanics and naturally, its drivers.”

Le Mans 24 Hours: Ferrari takes an extraordinary one-two

Le Mans, 17 June – The curtain has come down on the eightieth Le Mans 24 Hours, the classic endurance race held at La Sarthe, which was also the third round of the FIA World Endurance Championship. The AF Corse Ferrari has added its name to the list of Le Mans winners, thanks to a victory for Giancarlo Fisichella, Gianmaria Bruni and Toni Vilander, at the end of a perfectly managed race that had started on the back foot, after the car was badly damaged in an accident in free practice on Wednesday.
    AF Corse was the only Italian team entered in the most important endurance race in the world and its Ferrari took the lead in the tenth hour, staying there to the chequered flag. Their dominance was such that the drivers were able to manage their lead in the final hours, thus running calmly to the end to stand on the topmost step of the podium, to the great satisfaction of Ferrari and the team, the latter thus getting their name on the winners’ roll of honour for the first time at La Sarthe.
    Runner-up was another Maranello machine, run by Luxury Racing in the hands of a crew made up of Frederic Makowiecki, Dominik Farnbacher and Jaime Melo, thus confirming the excellent performance of our cars. Fourth in class was the other AF Corse Ferrari 458 GT2, No. 71, driven by Marco Cioci, Andrea Bertolini and Olivier Beretta.
    In the GTE AM category, the best of the Ferraris entered was the Krohn Racing teama car (Niclas Jonsson, Michele Rugolo and Tracy Krohn) which finished on the podium in third, while a sixth place went to crew made up of Robert Kauffman, Rui Aguas and Brian Vickers, entered by AF Corse-Waltrip. Unfortunately, the AF Corse Ferrari No. 81 (Piergiuseppe Perazzini, Niki Cadei and Matt Griffin) did not make it the finish, retiring after an accident.
    The next round of the FIA World Endurance Championship takes place at Silverstone over the weekend of 26 August.

Fisichella, Bruni and Vilander: “Winning the Le Mans 24 Hours is a team effort”

Le Mans, 17 June – The excitement following this amazing win just achieved at Le Mans and the awareness that it’s a truly important result, down to the work of the team, has united the comments of the drivers who delivered this great result.

It was a case of joy and satisfaction for Giancarlo Fisichella, who had this to say after crossing the line: “This is the most important race of the year and at the end of it, we achieved our objective. The win was especially down to the incredible efforts of the AF Corse guys who had to change the chassis after the accident on Wednesday, delivering a car that was better than anyone could have expected. I did not think I would be make it out on track for the final twenty minutes of qualifying, however thanks to their efforts, the miracle happened. Thanks guys, thank you to Amato and to Ferrari…and to everyone who contributed to this win.”
    The 24 Hours is the most sought after prize in the career of a driver, even for a race veteran like Toni Vilander. “Today, we have taken the most important win in the GT class. Ferrari and AF Corse did a great job of preparing for it and they were incredible when it came to repairing the car in practice. We all believed, from start to finish and this is the result.”
    One of those who believed in it the most was definitely Gimmi Bruni, who inevitably thought back to the disappointment of 2011, citing it as a something that spurred him on this tme. “After what happened last year, when we lost the race in the final hour, this year was a nice revenge. The win came thanks to a long period of preparation and testing which kept us busy all year. The mechanics were fantastic and my team-mates were perfect. That’s the only way to win a 24 hour race, all working together. Also after the accident, the team did not get demoralized and out on track, we did our bit to pay them back for their efforts.”

Head of Engines, Jean-Jacques His sends his congratulations
    Le Mans, 17 June – The AF Corse Ferrari 458 GT2 has won the eightieth Le Mans 24 Hours race, which this year counts towards the new FIA World Endurance Championship, with its crew of Giancarlo Fisichella, Gianmaria Bruni and Toni Vilander. Congratulations for the team run by Amato Ferrari came from Jean-Jacques His, Ferrari’s head of Engines, just days after the company’s V8 had been awarded the “Best Performance Engine” prize, for the second year running at the “International Engine of the Year Awards.” “I am particularly pleased with this amazing result,” commented His. “And I want to congratulate the entire team and the drivers for their performance in this important race. I am very happy that, in such a demanding race, we have demonstrated the quality of our engine, in terms of efficiency and performance. A further confirmation of that came from the fact a Ferrari entered by Luxury Racing took second place and, just like the Italian team, also had an excellent race

love this picture..