Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: LaFerrari Thread

LaFerrari Thread

I know these are not official pictures, but still wow!!! Can not wait too see the real pictures of her.

The whole world is waiting with bated breath to catch the first glimpse of the new Ferrari hyper car, the replacement for the legendary Enzo, codenamed F70. These rather brilliant pictures you see here is what an Australian artist thinks the car might look like. We can’t say how accurate they are because no one has yet seen the car, and the available spyshots are basically useless because of the heavy camo on test mules.

Regardless of the accuracy, these renderings are top level work, both in terms of technical skills that go into such things and also design details. Maybe Ferrari designers – well, Pininfarina’s – can learn a thing or two by looking at these images. The thing is, real designers have to take into account a million factors to satisfy different criteria for a production car, while an artist drawing a car for fun, doesn’t.

As for the technicalities, the F70 is said to be a hybrid super car – or as Ferrari refers to it HY-KERS – with something like 1000 horsepower output. Fantastic!

Renderings by David Williams via GTspirit

http://www.motorward.com/2012/08/ren...s-ferrari-f70/
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

thank you a lot for the informations. this car will really rock! i love that ferrari uses so much groundbreaking technology. i also love this picture, but i know it probably won´t be the final design, although i would love it! it is so sexy, aggressive and kingly!

what i like is that ferrari use groundbreaking technology. if you compare such a concept to bugatti, koenigsegg, or us-cars like ssc, they are simply unprogressive and focusing on tospeed, often with very big engines and a lot of turbochargers. "Many makers of expensive performance cars have long valued one characteristic most, namely raw power. But now Ferrari, the preferred drug for many deep-pocketed drivers with a need for speed, is turning to fuel-saving hybrid technology to create its most powerful and expensive model. Using technology developed for Formula One racing, the Italian automaker’s first hybrid, dubbed the F70, will combine two electric motors with a 12-cylinder gasoline engine to produce more horsepower than any previous Ferrari while cutting fuel consumption by 40 percent."

I really hope it doesn't look like anything from these pics because they are both horrible. One is a riced out 458 and the other looks like something Homer would design. It has to be unique, elegant yet stricking with clean lines.

Year 2000: R.I.P Formula 1

Quote Originally Posted by theforce View Post
    I really hope it doesn't look like anything from these pics because they are both horrible. One is a riced out 458 and the other looks like something Homer would design. It has to be unique, elegant yet stricking with clean lines.
    well, i never liked the enzo it for sure was not elegant, i mention it, because you said the car has to be elegant and the enzo somehow looked quite jagged. with that said i prefer the design of the F70 above all the way. the car has to look way more aggressive than cars like the f12 berlinetta with its long front and hopefully won´t have cleft lines like the enzo. i am ferrari fan, but never liked the enzo. i would prefer the lamborghini aventador if i could choose between both and this means something for a ferrari fan, so i hope the new one will differ a lot. by the way i know a lot of ferrari fans who never liked enzo in terms of looks.
    i liked cars like the F40 and if we are talking about clean lines a car like the mythos is really clean and timeless. so i hope the F70 will be somehow inbetween both.

I was also not much of a fan of the Enzo. It seemed more numbers than anything else. It was an engineering masterpiece, but not something you could go 'I want this'. A bit lime a McLaren I guess. But the recent cars have been very nice, so I think the F70 will live up to what we want.

And no shame in preferring the aventador, it is a fabulous looking machine. I mean how could you say no to this?

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Quote Originally Posted by scuderiafan View Post
    I was also not much of a fan of the Enzo. It seemed more numbers than anything else. It was an engineering masterpiece, but not something you could go 'I want this'. A bit lime a McLaren I guess. But the recent cars have been very nice, so I think the F70 will live up to what we want.

And no shame in preferring the aventador, it is a fabulous looking machine. I mean how could you say no to this?
    now i am surprised, so thank you a lot! to be honest i already expected that i will be stoned here for mentioning the aventador and saying that i never really liked the enzo. i also guess the F70 will be much better looking.

Especially if the first rendering is accurate I really like that.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

The Enzo isn't the most photogenic car but I think it's beautiful in real life. Very excited about the F70 :)

is this the F70?

More spy video. I fancy that the first car is the 458 Scuderia development, and the second car can only be the F70.

The new Road & Track has a great deal of Ferrari pix n articles..
    Def worth a look!

The new F12..
    Rendering of what they think the next Enzo will look like..
    Comparison..458 vs Mac vs Vette..good read.
    Ive read that R&T, when they put a Ferrari on the cover, sell more magazines than any other
    car on cover.
    Last edited by Nova; 17th September 2012 at 00:25.

If this is what the F70 has to compete with, then if I was LdM, I wouldn't be too worried. It is powerful, and I think the front looks okay, but this is one of the ugliest Hyper cars I have seen.

the F12 could take this, if the quoted top speeds etc are correct, but I think it will be a beast in the corners.

I don't think Ferrari, Lamborghini, Koenigsegg etc. will be quaking in their boots.

What is this?

Quote Originally Posted by slak View Post
    What is this?
    The car above? It's the Mclaren P1.

No doubt this MuckLaren will be fast and furious, but it will be like a robot, just like Ron Dennis and possess no soul.

I keep reading comparison stories of the 458 v 12c and still after the tweaks the 12c has had the 458 is still the favored car for out and out passionate driving. Journalists still say it has more involvement and a lot of soul.

BTW I was at the Ferrari Racing Days at Silverstone on Sunday, the F1 cars of which there were approx 8 from different eras were awesome, Marc Gene performed a start display and doughnuts. There were plenty of 458s, and I got to see two of my all time favorites in the flesh - the Dino and 288 GTO. Would have loved to have see a 250 GTO.

Ive come across this image of the F70 can't seem to post the pitcure though
    http://carrolodex.files.wordpress.co...-rendering.jpg

The McLaren will really perform I'm sure but the nomenclature that would more
    accurately reflect it's looks is PU not P1;) It's a steaming hodge-podge mound of
    comic book cliche styling! Another hypercar that will only look passably okay in black.
    All interplanetary boy racer and almost zero subtlety or elegance.

Quote Originally Posted by ForzaJay View Post
    No doubt this MuckLaren will be fast and furious, but it will be like a robot, just like Ron Dennis and possess no soul.

I keep reading comparison stories of the 458 v 12c and still after the tweaks the 12c has had the 458 is still the favored car for out and out passionate driving. Journalists still say it has more involvement and a lot of soul.

BTW I was at the Ferrari Racing Days at Silverstone on Sunday, the F1 cars of which there were approx 8 from different eras were awesome, Marc Gene performed a start display and doughnuts. There were plenty of 458s, and I got to see two of my all time favorites in the flesh - the Dino and 288 GTO. Would have loved to have see a 250 GTO.

Spot on!

BTW, F40 sexiest Ferrari ever..
    Trying to be less angry..

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso84 View Post
    hope it's not the real thing cause it's awful!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    hope it's not the real thing cause it's awful!!
    It's definitely better looking than the hideous Mclaren P1 or the ridiculous bug looking Bugatti Veyron...

But we shall find out what it really looks like pretty soon.

It's definitely better looking than the hideous Mclaren P1 or the ridiculous bug looking Bugatti Veyron...

But we shall find out what it really looks like pretty soon.
    I hope that this time the Italian style of Pininfarina would win on the ugliness of the car that you have written.

Clearly they won't release something like that. It looks horrendous.

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    seems more like a 458italia on steroids....

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. But yea, tbh I would be pretty disappointed if after all these years of waiting, they would come out with something like that. It does look quite ugly indeed. But then again, it looks better than some prototype pictures I've seen.
    Relax guys, this article was posted on 4th July So how could they possibly know what it will look like?! I'm sure it's just another amateur rendering and it certainly won't look anything like that.

The real thing will be revealed some time next year. Nobody seems to know when exactly. First it was rumoured that it would be revealed at the Detroit Autoshow in January, but now Ferrari has changed their minds. I think the most likely place would still be the Geneva motor show in March.
    We'll see...

Quote Originally Posted by fadyferrari View Post
    seems more like a 458italia on steroids....
    With audi r8 side pods...

I am pretty sure that's not it

Not a chance