Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: US F1 tv coverage sold to NBC for 2013. F1 on Speed RIP

Yes no worries speed was great but getting alittle stale. There just might be some different camera angles new broadcast studio and thank God they kept matchet he's the glue in this hole deal.wouldn't. Mind seeing Peter Windsor part of it

Quote Originally Posted by NickEice View Post
    I am really excited for F1 on NBC Sports network. I believe they will be showing most if not all races live. As well as all practice sessions. They are also live streaming all races on their website. Follow Will Buxton and Leight Diffey on Twitter. They give teasers now and then.

What is great is that I was watching a national broadcast of Penguins Flyers and they had an epic F1 commercial for the season and Melbourne. Link below. Bringing F1 to a mainstream network is awesome for F1 in the USA.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/228251...32894#50832894

That's just awesome! Thanks

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by DJMORIN View Post
    hey everyone new to the forum. been going to this site for years. huge ferrari fan live in the north east ma.been going to montreal since 1982 so any questions feel free to ask.regarding nbc foxsports and f1. they told me channel 220 for direct tv viewers
    Grazie!

Welcome to posting mate

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Yes no worries speed was great but getting alittle stale. There just might be some different camera angles new broadcast studio and thank God they kept matchet he's the glue in this hole deal.wouldn't. Mind seeing Peter Windsor part of it
    Do they not use the same feed worldwide?

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

dont know but i am starting to see the f1 commercials on direct tv channel 220 nbc fox sports looks pretty good

Does any one of our Canadian members know what that means for us, in this neck of the woods?
    has been carrying pretty much each and every race for years!

Bernie is bound to be doing well out of these TV rights especially in the US, it's not the same watching races after the event but guess we'll all have to pay to keep things live. Hope the US coverage satisfies that huge audience which should now grow considerably with the likelihood of 2 GPs, but you guys mustn't have too many races at the expense of the traditional European ones, that's not fair!! Would be good to have an Italian/American driver one day at Ferrari but not while we have the two Fs on board!

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Bernie is bound to be doing well out of these TV rights especially in the US, it's not the same watching races after the event but guess we'll all have to pay to keep things live. Hope the US coverage satisfies that huge audience which should now grow considerably with the likelihood of 2 GPs, but you guys mustn't have too many races at the expense of the traditional European ones, that's not fair!! Would be good to have an Italian/American driver one day at Ferrari but not while we have the two Fs on board!
    It's also not fair that we wake up between 2:00 and 4:00 AM for almost half of the schedule

But life isn't fair I guess.
    Forza Ferrari!!

just got off the phone with a friend in montreal. hes pretty sure nothing has change with f1 on tsn for you. whats going on in the states wont effect you in the great white north

just got off the phone with a friend in montreal. hes pretty sure nothing has change with f1 on tsn for you. whats going on in the states wont effect you in the great white north
    261191_112622655441250_1479538333_q.jpg

Even if we do have to get up at the crack of dawn!!

Quote Originally Posted by NickEice View Post
    It's also not fair that we wake up between 2:00 and 4:00 AM for almost half of the schedule

But life isn't fair I guess.
    The early and late races of the season aren't too convenient for us either, starting at the crack of dawn on a Sunday, but hey that's why we're called fans. Understand your difficulties at 2am, though, that's excessive!

The early and late races of the season aren't too convenient for us either, starting at the crack of dawn on a Sunday, but hey that's why we're called fans. Understand your difficulties at 2am, though, that's excessive!
    There is something special about being up at 2am though. I look forward to those races and the routine. Make a pot of coffee some eggs and enjoy. It's part of what makes F1 special to a hardcore F1 fan!
    Forza Ferrari!!

well said nick plus any of us that have kids its very quiet at that time so its all good. i have to watch f1 live or else i tend to loose it. hey is any one going to montreal this year? maybe we can meet up for a drink or something theres a great bar in old montreal been going to now for a few years.

I don't really care if the races are delayed because I typically DVR them and watch when it's convenient anyway. I do enjoy getting to watch them live, however. I'm happy they kept Hobbs and Matchett for Hobbs' sometimes senile comments and amusing love of Kobayashi, and Matchett's sense of humor. I remember during the Brazil '12 preview Varsha and Hobbs asked Matchett what he was doing because he was quiet. He held up his notebook and showed that he was drawing Bender from "Futurama".

Disappointed Since 2010

Oh wow so some people liked Speed coverage? Yeah I know commentary was superb, quality of video and sound as well but the amount of ads was mind-boggling! it's surprising how they couldn't compete and extend their deal. They surely earned enough from all those ads to make Bernie happy enough.

Quote Originally Posted by hogo View Post
    ...They surely earned enough from all those ads to make Bernie happy enough.
    In all fairness to Ecclestone, I'm sure there were many greedy participants/benefactors of those ads!!

I would think the tv station gets all revenue from advertising not Bernie
    Forza Ferrari

Though that may be true, money is not the only benefit to be had! Advertisers will benefit from the "prestige" of being associated with F1;
    teams will benefit through leads to possible sponsors; and, obviously, F1 will benefit from an increased presence in the American market.
    And, all without money being exchanged.

I'm sure F1 would want nothing to do with those ads that speedtv showed at 4am in the morning.. ^_^

Have you guys the other side of the Atlantic tried not going to bed at all and just extending the party.....that way, you could celebrate or drown your sorrows at the same time. Just a thought!

Have you guys the other side of the Atlantic tried not going to bed at all and just extending the party.....that way, you could celebrate or drown your sorrows at the same time. Just a thought!
    Maybe those of us under the age of 30 have?
    Me? I need, at least, a few hours!!

i always take a power nap before. about 40 minuts long it makes a difference. the pics of the new front wing and exhaust on the car today should give you plenty of energy

i for one enjoyed the speed channel broadcasts. they had excellent camera work and the announcers were enjoyable as will as informative... i hope it all works out.

hey every one i know its channel 220 for direct tv but does anyone know what channel it is for cable tv verizon fios

Its going to look the same actually..all Speed did was use the world broadcast feed.
    Those guys from Speed sat in an office in South Carolina or whereabouts and did
    commentary. I do commentary from my couch too...although no one listens.

Looks like it will be live based on the schedule I see on Comcast's website..

I hated those few races that aired on Fox at noon. I had to avoid all sorts of media to not spoil it for me.

First F1 broadcast for NBCS is tonight at 9pm Eastern. Half-hour season preview special with the gang. Can't wait!
    Forza Ferrari!!

SO WHAT DID EVERY ONE THINK AFTER WATCHING THE F1 PREVIEW THE OTHER NIGHT?

In its initial season of Formula One broadcasting, NBC Sports Group will air 19 Formula One races and 39 qualifying and practice sessions across NBC and NBC Sports Network. Four races will air on NBC, one will be on CNBC and the remaining 14 will be on NBC Sports Network.

In addition to the races, NBC Sports Network will air one of the Friday practices for each race and each qualifying session. That TV coverage will amount to more than 100 hours of programming, including the studio shows and re-airs.

Pulled this off of NBC Sports. Looks like more of the same. No word on any streaming of the other practice sessions. I haven't seen the preview show yet. Any one have additional information on streaming coverage,post it up!
    Cheers

Qualifying and practice?

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus