Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How long been a Ferrari Supporter and where did it started

How long been a Ferrari Supporter and where did it started

Just want to know how long has all the forum posters been supporting the Scuderia Ferrari team and where did it started.

Well I bought a magazine Grandprix International way back in 1979,and still have it when Jody Scheckter win the championchip my support for the team started and it's almost 32 years,I think it is longer than most of our posters here.

Well,Good luck to the team today.

I started in October '98 with the Japan GP.

I saw Schumi in his Ferrari drop back from pole to last position and he drove a great race. From that moment on I was a fan.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Since the Brazilian GP in 2000 on 26th of March. I was 16 years old and I remember that day like it was just yesterday. There wasn't anything interesting on the TV and I was just switching channels till I stumbled onto the Brazilian GP. And as soon as I saw Schumacher in his scarlet Ferrari battling with Häkkinen and taking the car to the absolute limit, I became instantly hooked. Actually I think my real love for Ferrari began in 1999 when I first played Need for Speed: High Stakes on Playstation and I saw the Ferrari F50. That was my first ever car crush and that's when I really started to love Ferrari. But the F1 team I began supporting in 2000.

Schumacher move to Ferrari in 1996.
    No Risk, No Fun!

going with my dad to Kyalami as a kid, and he bought me a Ferrari cap. I was so happy with my red cap :)

Monaco 1981

It started when I saw Gilles Villeneuve winning the Monaco Grand Prix of 1981 at home on TV.I have been a Gilles Villeneuve supporter ever since and after the tragedy in 1982 I became a Ferrari supporter and have been now for more then 30 years.
    Forza Gilles , Forza Ferrari !!!

How long been a Ferrari Supporter and where did it started

Quote Originally Posted by Axelsson View Post
    Schumacher move to Ferrari in 1996.
    Me too.

At Silverstone 2003, I was there to see Rubens take the win from pole! Great race!

I fell in love with red cars back in 1985 when Alboreto and Johanson drove for us. I was watching races on TV broadcast. My first attend at GP was in 1995 at Hungaroring. Since than I am traveling every single year to Hungary for F1 racing.
    I am and I will always be Ferrari TEAM supporter. I support Ferrari drivers, but team is above them. I am not attaching my self to many for drivers, but I am grateful that we had great MS who had delivered glorious years for Ferrari. Now with Fernando I hope I will have same joy as we all used to have.

Forza Ferrari

I guess I am the youngest one here I didn't really knew anything about motorsport till about 2000 (our part of the world wasn't really into it and so were not my family...) but my love for F1 and Ferrari started way after that. The first time I remember myself watching F1 was season 2003 (I remember the FW26 being revealed, so I had to saw something from F1 year before that) and I became die hard Ferrari fan in 2006 when Michael was fighting a lost battle. So I didn't really enjoyed Schumi era, just the bitter part of it

And I hated Alonso badly since that

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    I guess I am the youngest one here I didn't really knew anything about motorsport till about 2000 (our part of the world wasn't really into it and so were not my family...) but my love for F1 and Ferrari started way after that. The first time I remember myself watching F1 was season 2003 (I remember the FW26 being revealed, so I had to saw something from F1 year before that) and I became die hard Ferrari fan in 2006 when Michael was fighting a lost battle. So I didn't really enjoyed Schumi era, just the bitter part of it

To be honest with you, I was hating MS in his Benetton era and FA in his Renault era. Because they made Ferrari fans suffering a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post

Nope i am
    started watching in 2011 and started supporting ferrari after silverstone 2011...
    "Ferrari gives you a special feeling" Fernando Alonso

Quote Originally Posted by Uzair Ahmed View Post
    Nope i am
    started watching in 2011 and started supporting ferrari after silverstone 2011...
    Whooow, so you're a real newbie

Just joking mate

Better late than never, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso84 View Post
    Whooow, so you're a real newbie

Just joking mate

Better late than never, right?
    sadly yes
    right but i am 19 will that help?

Quote Originally Posted by Uzair Ahmed View Post
    sadly yes
    right but i am 19 will that help?
    Oh well then it's no wonder that you became a fan just last year. I too started supporting Ferrari in my teen years, when I was 16 to be exact.
    Oh and btw, I hope I didn't offend you with my last post? It was just a friendly little humour.

I've been aware of Ferrari's legacy since I was a little kid. My father owned a '63 GTE that look like it had been through the Vietnam War. He purchased it back in the mid 80s around the time I was born for something like 10k and sold it to a guy who converted and refinished it into a black ragtop in the late 90s. He later bought a yellow '99 550 hardtop and still has it. I didn't really get into cars until I was 16 and could drive. The Mustang was my first love, and from that point on, I was hooked on street racing them like a stupid kid. I grew out of that about a half decade ago, the same time I got into karting, and fortunately never hurt anybody or myself, for that matter. I was quite good at it though! I first got into F1 in December '09, after the season ended, when I watched a repeat on Speed one afternoon with my father. What other team could possibly hold my interest after that point?

Disappointed Since 2010

Family were all Eddie Irvine supporters for obvious reasons, which led me to start supporting Ferrari as well in 1996.
    Forza Jules

Since I was little. My parents have watched F1 for many years and when I was about 3 they bought me a nice red pedal Ferrari F1 car one Christmas, so I think around then is when I became a Ferrari fan which was 93/94ish.

I became a fan of Ferrari in the summer of 1998. I was watching f1 with an older friend and i was impressed by the beautiful red car with the prancing horse! At that time i was still 7! I collected articles from newspapers from 1999 and onwards and i still got them in my ferrari map haha!And in 2000 Michael became world champion on my birthday on 8th october! Still the best present I have ever got for my birthday! I am now 21 so i think iam quite a longterm fan!

Ever since I was a little kid. I remember watching Fitipaldi wining the championship in 1974, but became a firm Ferrari fan after Lauda won it in 1975!

Quote Originally Posted by fratelliferrari View Post
    I became a fan of Ferrari in the summer of 1998. I was watching f1 with an older friend and i was impressed by the beautiful red car with the prancing horse! At that time i was still 7! I collected articles from newspapers from 1999 and onwards and i still got them in my ferrari map haha!And in 2000 Michael became world champion on my birthday on 8th october! Still the best present I have ever got for my birthday! I am now 21 so i think iam quite a longterm fan!
    Michael's WDC win in 2000 was my best ever birthday present too, as my birthday is on 5th of October.

I still even have a videotape of that race that I recorded that day.

Hi Tifoso iam sorry to say but iam 100 procent right in this. Just look to the calender from 2000 and you will see 5 october wasnt on a sunday. 8 October was and it was on my birthday that he became WDC! Iam not mad but i just wanted you to say that it was 8 october 100% sure

Since Ascari's 1953 championship season. We were in Europe that Summer, I was eight and Ferrari's (almost) clean sweep
    of the '52 and 53 seasons captured my imagination then and commands my loyalty until today. 60 years by next year? Where
    did all those years go? FORZA FERRARI!!! Per sempre!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fratelliferrari View Post
    Hi Tifoso iam sorry to say but iam 100 procent right in this. Just look to the calender from 2000 and you will see 5 october wasnt on a sunday. 8 October was and it was on my birthday that he became WDC! Iam not mad but i just wanted you to say that it was 8 october 100% sure
    Yes, I know the race was on 8th October my friend, I was just saying that it was still a great birthday present for me too, even though my birthday was 3 days before that race. It was like a late birthday present for me.

I know very well that the race was on 8th October, I wasn't disputing that at all... I may be 7 years older than you but my memory is still pretty decent. LOL

Thumbs down

Sorry Tifoso84 i did understand you wrong LOL! But iam always so passionate as i tell about Ferrari and especially about this story (my friends and family are getting crazy sometimes because i talk so much about Ferrari haha) so that's probably the reason why i thought you were wrong! Sorry

since epic battle between schumi and mika..i know we lost in '98 and schumi breaking his leg in '99 surely not good time but during that 2 season i fall in love with Ferrari..

For me it was 1983 season with Tambay, and Arnoux, i think back then Alfa Romeo had a team in F1. That was a difficult moment being a Ferrari fan, we won the odd race and we had lots of reliability issues, unlike today.

Our relationship started in '87 and then when f40 came out it take me hart completely!!!
    On the other hand I have to confess that from '88 and for the next 6 years I had a split personality.on one hand I was a truly Ferrari fan but on the other I was following with great respect and admiration the path of the great Ayrton Senna!!!
    From '96 till now I'm with Ferrari - Shumi , Ferrari - Kimi , Ferrari - Alonso (with Rubens and Felipe being my 2nd best)
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Since I can remember myself watching F1, which is somewhere back in 1977 if I remember correctly, watching a race probably in Canada over a B&W tv ;)
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso84 View Post
    Oh well then it's no wonder that you became a fan just last year. I too started supporting Ferrari in my teen years, when I was 16 to be exact.
    Oh and btw, I hope I didn't offend you with my last post? It was just a friendly little humour.
    actually i am glad i started watching f1 at 18..got grasp of Physics in school at age of 16 or 17 or otherwise before that i wouldn't have had understood a single word about car's aero and probably might have stopped watching it eventually..
    and no u didnt offend me i just mentioned my age to brag that i mayb one of the youngest around here;)