Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thank you Massa from the bottom of my heart

Thank you Massa from the bottom of my heart

It's not the first time that u prove in this season and the previous ones that you are a true team player

I guess every one in this forum knew what you did for the teams from sacrifices . I can assure you that it's well appreciated and will be remembered for LONG LONG TIME :angel

I can understand now why Fernando keep on saying that WE GOT THE BETTER TEAM...
    It people like you Fellipi that makes us the better team no dought about it

Massa after few days from now and when Fernando will a third time world champion , be sure that all Ferrari fans will consider that they have two drivers who won the WDC , and your contribution to the title will echo forever and ever.

One last race to be a legend. JUST GO FOR IT

That you from the bottom of my heart and all the Ferrari supporters

FORZA Ferrari

In spite of having to go down the grid for his teammate he still drove a splendid race and commented that it felt like a win - and he was right.
    Lots and lots of pages critisizing Felipe have been published here, but this is a true Ferrari man and still a fantastic driver.
    Lots and lots of respect for FELIPE MASSA !!
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Grandissimo

Felipe was great today.Over the weekend even faster than Fernando.Now we go to Brazil , Felipe's favourite track.There he could yet prove to be the difference between winning the title or losing it......Grazie.

Go Fellipi go

I'd like to echo everything that has been stated here. Maybe some of the naysayers can begin to understand why he is so loved now.

Disappointed Since 2010

Yea, after this race Felipe certainly deserves the utmost respect from everybody. And I mean from E-V-E-R-Y-B-O-D-Y! No more criticising and making fun of that great little brazilian race driver named Felipe Massa. If anyone still wants to make some stupid sarcastic jokes about him then I will personally hunt that person down and kick his ***! Did I go to far? I don't think so! But seriously, all you criticisers need to step back and give Felipe the respect that he deserves and always has deserved!

You're doing a fantastic job Felipe!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Alonso: I'm proud of this decision

Fernando Alonso has hailed Ferrari's decision to come clean about their controversial call to change Felipe Massa's gearbox at the United States GP.

While his title rival Sebastian Vettel claimed pole position on Saturday, Alonso could only manage a P9 during qualifying.

However, he was bumped up one place and onto the clean side of the track on race day after Ferrari cleverly decided to break the seal on Massa's gearbox, which automatically resulted in a five-place grid penalty.

The Spaniard made the most of the tactical move as he jumped into fourth place on the opening lap, and then managed to get ahead of Kimi Raikkonen during the pit stops to finish third behind winner Lewis Hamilton and Vettel.

Alonso admits he is "proud" that the team made it clear why they broke tinkered with Massa's gearbox.

"It was a choice decision from the team," he said.

"We [were going to] start sixth and eighth. We were worried to arrive ninth and 10th into the first corner. I'm proud of this decision, I'm proud of team for saying the truth [behind the decision]."

He added: "Felipe was fantastic all weekend. He was very fast in FP3. He was faster than me in Q1, Q2, Q3. We need this form from Felipe in Sao Paulo. Red Bull will be strong and we need our team to be united."

Hamilton's win coupled with Alonso's P3 mean the Championship will be decided at the season-ending Brazilian GP next week as Vettel has a 13-point lead over the Ferrari driver.

"With a normal race in dry conditions, I think Red Bull will be 1-2 and us sixth and seventh, but in a wet race, anything can happen," he said.

"We saw today [Mark] Webber retired. Sometimes it's the alternator, Kers, brakes or water. It always happens on that car. Maybe in Brazil those problems will change [to the other] car."

Because it is

ALL FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ALL

You where the winner in today's race Fellipi

Felipe was absolutely fantastic the whole weekend. So proud of my favorite driver, giving everything for the team, today feels like a victory

Felipe was fantastic all weekend. He was very fast in FP3. He was faster than me in Q1, Q2, Q3. We need this form from Felipe in Sao Paulo. Red Bull will be strong and we need our team to be united."

Thats for u Fellipi from Fernando

Massa: For me it was like a victory

Felipe Massa may have done it for Fernando Alonso, however, he admits he "was not happy" about the decision to take a penalty ahead of the US GP.

In the build-up to the grand prix, Ferrari intentionally broke the seal on the Brazilian's gearbox earning him a five-place penalty.

It was done in order to put Alonso on the clean side of the grid as the title contender was set to start P8 with Massa P6. Instead they started seventh and 11th.

Massa, though, put that aside and put in an impressive showing to race to fourth place, finishing behind his team-mate.

"I think it was maybe the best race of the season," he told the BBC. "For me, it was like a victory."

As for the penalty, he said: "It's impossible to see a driver happy with giving away five positions just to help your team-mate or your team, but we know how important that is."

And the Brazilian, who is set to remain with Ferrari for next season, let the team know just what they have in him.

"We know it's not easy to find another driver who would do that," he added. "I think that's the most honest direction to take."

Do not make multiple threads about the same topic!

Don't play dumb with me. I'm better at it than you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso84 View Post
    Did I go to far? I don't think so! But seriously, all you criticisers need to step back and give Felipe the respect that he deserves and always has deserved!

It's been this way for Felipe since the first race he sat in a Ferrari, so don't expect anything to change.

Don't play dumb with me. I'm better at it than you are.

A big thanks to Felipe for doing this,but id rather Ferrari beat RB on track instead of resorting to such tactics. Look,atleast one guy(Nico Hulkenberg) was certainly disadvantaged yesterday because of what they did. It was also quite hard on poor Massa. I would probably not have said something like this had the car's performance been consistently good,but it saddens me to see Ferrari doing such things. I see nothing wrong with team orders as it doesnt affect any other drivers' positions(other than those in the team),but Ferrari will end up getting a lot of bad press for this. I would rather have them lose titles without losing their conscience than see them winning titles after affecting others' races......

And even though i was very critical of FM a few days back in another thread,i ll say this much : He was amazing this weekend,his early pace reminded me of his performances back in 2008....

Quote Originally Posted by SoumyaBanerjee View Post
    A big thanks to Felipe for doing this,but id rather Ferrari beat RB on track instead of resorting to such tactics. Look,atleast one guy(Nico Hulkenberg) was certainly disadvantaged yesterday because of what they did. It was also quite hard on poor Massa. I would probably not have said something like this had the car's performance been consistently good,but it saddens me to see Ferrari doing such things. I see nothing wrong with team orders as it doesnt affect any other drivers' positions(other than those in the team),but Ferrari will end up getting a lot of bad press for this. I would rather have them lose titles without losing their conscience than see them winning titles after affecting others' races......
    I thought only things "on track" mattered?

I want Felipe to win at Interlagos, coz the championship is gone anyway! no matter how much we curse and wish misfortune for beiber, he just doesn't stop!
    So instead of Fernando, i want Felipe to win! It'll be a great boost for him for 2013!
    Go Felipe!

Massa 1st in Brazil, Alonso 2nd and Seb's alternator going bust will be the best scenario

he drove ruthlessly in this race and moved 7 places up the grid..i think that explains us why he deserved 2013 seat..
    P.S after abu-dhabi someone here said massa was embarrassing which was very upsetting..
    "Ferrari gives you a special feeling" Fernando Alonso

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
    Massa 1st in Brazil, Alonso 2nd and Seb's alternator going bust will be the best scenario
    That would be fantastic, as was Felipe's drive yesterday, gave me a real buzz to see him back to his best. I'm not happy about the way the grid was manipulated but it had the desired effect, it isn't totally about the spirit of the sport in these circumastances as all teams are entitled to play the team game, and yesterday's outcome was probably the result, so good job everyone and Fernando lives to fight another day. But a Brazil victory for Felipe would be just what he deserves.

Ferrari is a racing team, they race to win, nothing less, if the victory can be achieved in a beautiful and glorious way, it would be great, if it doesn't, also great, winning is everything.
    Ferrari is one of the few teams, if not the only, who never disguise their teamorders, we all remember Jean Todt:"Rubens, let Michael pass for the championship", and more recent ofcourse:"Fernando is faster than you, can you confirm you understood that message".
    And not, "Jenson, go to fuellsave mode", Mark go to yellow 3". or whatever they come up with.

What happened was a teamorder, no more or less, and a right one, if a may add, this is how Ferrari works, Rubens did it for Michael, Massa did it for Kimi, Kimi did it for Massa and now Massa is doing it for Fernando.
    Wanna be the number one driver? Outperform your teammate and get yourself a good position in the WDC, it's that simple, we will never see situations as in 2007 where McLaren just threw away the title by letting Lewis and Fernando race eachother, losing the WDC by one point, and both your drivers in second place with equal points? Are you joking me?

I have the upmost respect for Felipe, always did, his life is not easy since Alonso came to Ferrari, on the rebound from an accident, trying to find his confidence back, and then beiing confronted with an absolute ruthless teammate, who drives like the devil possesed him, leaving no questions who is the number one, we all remember how Alonso overtook Massa in the pitentrance in China, was that harsh? Yes it was, but that's how we need our drivers to be, want to be champion? you'll have to beat everybody, starting with your teammate.
    When i saw that move from Fernando, i thought yes! that's the spirit we need, you can be friends off track, but on track, take no prisoners!

Apart from that it gives me great pleasure to see how Felipe has been driving the last couple of races, fast, aggressive, with some very ballsy overtakes, full of "grinta" as they say in Italy.
    And to have gone through the season like him, apart from his parents, almost everybody was asking for the scalp of Felipe, but he always kept his cool, kept believing in himself, and in the end he proved to be what he always was, a warrior.
    Bravo Felipe!
    Dr Ferdinand Porsche:" Nuvolari is the greatest driver of the past, the present, and the future".
    Enzo Ferrari once drove with him and recalled even on bends "he never took his foot from the accelerator".

Quote Originally Posted by Massimo View Post
    Ferrari is a racing team, they race to win, nothing less, if the victory can be achieved in a beautiful and glorious way, it would be great, if it doesn't, also great, winning is everything.
    Ferrari is one of the few teams, if not the only, who never disguise their teamorders, we all remember Jean Todt:"Rubens, let Michael pass for the championship", and more recent ofcourse:"Fernando is faster than you, can you confirm you understood that message".
    And not, "Jenson, go to fuellsave mode", Mark go to yellow 3". or whatever they come up with.

What happened was a teamorder, no more or less, and a right one, if a may add, this is how Ferrari works, Rubens did it for Michael, Massa did it for Kimi, Kimi did it for Massa and now Massa is doing it for Fernando.
    Wanna be the number one driver? Outperform your teammate and get yourself a good position in the WDC, it's that simple, we will never see situations as in 2007 where McLaren just threw away the title by letting Lewis and Fernando race eachother, losing the WDC by one point, and both your drivers in second place with equal points? Are you joking me?

I have the upmost respect for Felipe, always did, his life is not easy since Alonso came to Ferrari, on the rebound from an accident, trying to find his confidence back, and then beiing confronted with an absolute ruthless teammate, who drives like the devil possesed him, leaving no questions who is the number one, we all remember how Alonso overtook Massa in the pitentrance in China, was that harsh? Yes it was, but that's how we need our drivers to be, want to be champion? you'll have to beat everybody, starting with your teammate.
    When i saw that move from Fernando, i thought yes! that's the spirit we need, you can be friends off track, but on track, take no prisoners!

Apart from that it gives me great pleasure to see how Felipe has been driving the last couple of races, fast, aggressive, with some very ballsy overtakes, full of "grinta" as they say in Italy.
    And to have gone through the season like him, apart from his parents, almost everybody was asking for the scalp of Felipe, but he always kept his cool, kept believing in himself, and in the end he proved to be what he always was, a warrior.
    Bravo Felipe!
    I like Ferrari's frankness regarding team orders as well. But my point is that atleast 2 drivers had their starts compromised because of "team orders"(viz. GRO and HUL) I dont have a problem with teammates being ordered to switch positions on track,because atleast it doesnt affect anyone else's race. And yes,other teams are hypocritical about such orders. Furthermore,i wish Ferrari showed such ingenuity when it came to car designing and development. It was a canny move,no doubt. But for me,its always better to lose with a clean conscience and an intact reputation than to win after having one's legacy tarnished. Its just my humble opinion,and of course you are free to disagree with it.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    That would be fantastic, as was Felipe's drive yesterday, gave me a real buzz to see him back to his best. I'm not happy about the way the grid was manipulated but it had the desired effect, it isn't totally about the spirit of the sport in these circumastances as all teams are entitled to play the team game, and yesterday's outcome was probably the result, so good job everyone and Fernando lives to fight another day. But a Brazil victory for Felipe would be just what he deserves.
    Yup,it would certainly be a deserved one. He has certainly upped his game over the past few weekends....

Quote Originally Posted by SoumyaBanerjee View Post
    I like Ferrari's frankness regarding team orders as well. But my point is that atleast 2 drivers had their starts compromised because of "team orders"(viz. GRO and HUL) I dont have a problem with teammates being ordered to switch positions on track,because atleast it doesnt affect anyone else's race. And yes,other teams are hypocritical about such orders. Furthermore,i wish Ferrari showed such ingenuity when it came to car designing and development. It was a canny move,no doubt. But for me,its always better to lose with a clean conscience and an intact reputation than to win after having one's legacy tarnished. Its just my humble opinion,and of course you are free to disagree with it.
    I would like to disagree with you.

But I am very pleased to see our team thinking out of the box (at last ), it was a good move, it yielded the best result we could have hoped for.

And you are right we need more of this kind of thinking within the design team.
    Its all in the name - FERRARI

I do agree we owe Massa a big thank you, which now allows Alonso to fight for the title in Brazil. Also it was nice to see Rubens at the track, his first time at a race since his last race at Brazil last year. What was interesting he was not in the Brawn or Williams garage, he was with his family FERRARI.

Quote Originally Posted by Massimo View Post

Bravo Felipe!
    Totally agree, Massimo, and may Felipe continue to show that grinta in Brazil and next year. Great post, amico mio.

May I just add, massa is VERY competative in Brazil, he could play a major part in this championship and have the final word! forza felipe forza ferrari!

Grazie!
    La passione per la Rossa, e l'amore per la vita, it's all we need
    Dr Ferdinand Porsche:" Nuvolari is the greatest driver of the past, the present, and the future".
    Enzo Ferrari once drove with him and recalled even on bends "he never took his foot from the accelerator".

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    But a Brazil victory for Felipe would be just what he deserves.
    Some chance.
    Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    Some chance.
    Not like you to be negative, Suzie, but I take your point. Wonders may never cease, though! But of course not at Fernando's expense, at least this time.