Page 11 of 74 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324253661 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferrari F138 - Development and News

I hope too that they are already now on level with RB from last year and that they are now seeking additional tenths in other areas cos competition wont sleep and we will certainly see even faster RB and Maccas comparing to last year so we need to push too and dont compare our new car with those from last year!!!

I also have a feeling that we wont have WOW-factor on 2nd February and that F2013 will look more or less same as F2012 with changes that are already known (sidepods, exhaust, radiators...) I dont think they will go radical this year...
    Last edited by medeni73; 8th January 2013 at 06:15.

Let's keep the WOW-factor for Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by Grillo View Post
    Let's keep the WOW-factor for Australia.
    Agree. But let it be WOW we are couple of tenths faster than everybody rather, than last years Australia WOW.

Ferrari have denied Autosprint's claim about the launch date:

Meanwhile, Ferrari has denied Italian media reports that said the next red single seater will be publicly launched on February 2.

“We will make an announcement when the date is decided,” a spokesman insisted.

http://www.f1zone.net/news/lotus-to-...rosjean/17314/

Blush

What a bunch of tools .. Pulleys? Belts? Accessories?
    Pfffft it's the pinnacle of motorsports I don't think you'll find that kind of rubbish on an f1 engine.
    It would be all direct drive gears etc...

And if anyone thinks that an alternator could significantly drain power off an f1 engine then they don't know a damed thing about cars!.

Now reverse actuating the KERS engine to mimick traction control... There's an idea!!
    Easily achieved through a sensor setup.. If you dont know what im on about just think Radio Controled cars. They use anti-lock braking systems using simple esc and electric motor setup... Literally easy as letting a pee out while surfing

Can't we find any factual technical info about our F2013?
    We won't be able to tell the pace until Melbourne qualifying, but to read about technical developments and discussion always gets one more than excited for the season to come!!
    Die Perd se naam is pegasus abdel kader schrikt der woestijnen van bagdad tot dakar, seun van benedictus ernius quintus magnus van nassay en irma vor schimmelpernning von appeldoorn van tahiti in die heilige eg verbind kragtens die ewige edik uitgevaardig deur keiser tertius tillius theorodus en biskop merkenzein de mont saint allegonde van die vatikan.

Quote Originally Posted by Joelspoor View Post
    What a bunch of tools .. Pulleys? Belts? Accessories?
    Pfffft it's the pinnacle of motorsports I don't think you'll find that kind of rubbish on an f1 engine.
    It would be all direct drive gears etc...

And if anyone thinks that an alternator could significantly drain power off an f1 engine then they don't know a damed thing about cars!.

Now reverse actuating the KERS engine to mimick traction control... There's an idea!!
    Easily achieved through a sensor setup.. If you dont know what im on about just think Radio Controled cars. They use anti-lock braking systems using simple esc and electric motor setup... Literally easy as letting a pee out while surfing
    +1000 i was trying to be polite as possible in a previous post you have come straight out and said it.

And if anyone thinks that an alternator could significantly drain power off an f1 engine then they don't know a damed thing about cars!
    Yep. I think it's around a couple of HP what an alternator needs from the engine to feed all the electrical systems and actuators.

You are right. I said with a reasonable power rating. The combination KERS-alternator will work fine.

A new year and a new project under way

Maranello, 8 January – The first week of 2013 has just finished for the Scuderia Ferrari and now all the departments are back in full swing at work. The start of the new Formula 1 season is now on the doorstep: in less than a month – on February 5 at the circuit of Jerez de la Frontera – the curtain will be raised on the first of just three test sessions scheduled for this year. But before that the Ferrari calendar features other dates, starting with “Wrooom”, the traditional event that has been opening the Prancing Horse’s sporting season for more than 20 years in the stunning location of the Dolomites at Madonna di Campiglio: from January 14-18 Fernando Alonso, Felipe Massa and Stefano Domenicali will be meeting up with representatives of the media from all over the world.

Following that, in the very first days of February, the new car will be officially unveiled at Maranello ahead of its debut on the track at Jerez immediately afterwards.

In the meantime, a project linked to the long-term future of the Scuderia has started to take shape: the new base. The first excavations have indeed begun of the foundations of the building that will house the offices of the management, engineers and administrative staff along with the working areas of the team. The location, which is owned by Ferrari and currently used as a car park, is situated between the Cavallino restaurant and the building that is currently used by the Scuderia. The project has been planned in accordance with guidelines inspired by the practicality, efficiency and style that characterise the Formula One programme. The aim is to create an environment that has been well thought through for the people who will work there. This programme, which has benefited from the positive steps taken in favour of the employees and their families, has earned Ferrari the title “Best place to work in Europe” from the Financial Times. In recent days the company has been working together with the district of Maranello to iron out all the administrative details: the procedure for the construction of the new building has been presented and details have been agreed that determine any amendments to this to keep in accordance with urban standards. Among them, new car parks will be built, substantially increasing the overall availability of places for cars to park in the area.

Source: http://www.ferrari.com/english/formu...under-way.aspx

Thanks for posting this Hombre B! Didn't know about the story of the long-term future building that is going to be build.

The F2013...What about the F2013!!!??!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    The F2013...What about the F2013!!!??!!
    It will be presented to the world in early February.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/105020

Ciao!

Iam already very excited about the presentation of the F2013! Looking forward to Wrooom event first, to see how the new teamwear will look

Being a complete technophobe, I'm fascinated by the arguments over alternators/Kers put forward by those of us who understand them, but above all we need a car that can at least keep pace with the competition. I'd really rather wait to see where we are in Jerez to get a rough idea of our potential, but even that won't give a clear picture so Melbourne will the first real indication of where we stand in the pecking order. It had better be good!

Winter tests last year did given a good idea for australia. ferrari struggling badly sauber quick lotus quick mclaren quick rb not as quick as expected. everyone thought rb had more in hand but come quali did not and williams looked quick. people put some teams testing pace down to fuel but it was not the case and fi were not as quick as expected in winter tests. ovdr the season of course it changed but tests do give an idea focus more on paddock rumour during tests than headline times and you get an idea.

there was nothing wrong with our team this past year... the problems were in the design which were attributed to faulty wind tunnel calibration. our pit crews were often the quickest, the car was extremely reliable, the drivers should be commended for doing such a good job in dealing with such a beast of a car. even with a bad design the team was competitive... cant wait for the 13 season.

Yes, I believe you're right Mark p.Can you imagine if we had a good car with lots of development potential right from th start of the season.We would have walked away with both titles easily.Besides, if it wasn't for Kimys deliberate ramming of Alonzo at the start in Suzuka, we would have easily won this year.

Piola on changes for 2013:

According to Piola Ferrari began yesterday works on the new tunnel...
    He also says that if Newey pulls another rabbit out of hat that the rest of teams will have very tough time in order to catch RB...

off topic - rumours circulating Internet say that Macca car Mp4-28 will be 96% new and that is already 1 sec quicker than last year car. Maccas car will also feature step-nose but will have probably nose modesty panel...I hope that those rumours are BS..if not than we have big problem with Maccas in 2013...
    Last edited by medeni73; 10th January 2013 at 12:41.

Quote Originally Posted by medeni73 View Post
    off topic - rumours circulating Internet say that Macca car Mp4-28 will be 96% new and that is already 1 sec quicker than last year car. Maccas car will also feature step-nose but will have probably nose modesty panel...I hope that those rumours are BS..if not than we have big problem with Maccas in 2013...
    How can it already be 1 second quicker than last year, when it hasn't even done a lap yet?

As we know all too well, wind-tunnel predictions don't directly translate to the track.

Thats true but its also true that Maccas tunnel was pretty darn good in the past so predictions could me more accurate than Ferrari predictions in the past for example...

The thing that doesn't sound right is that they are building a new car for just one year!!And when they allready have the fastest car!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    The thing that doesn't sound right is that they are building a new car for just one year!!And when they allready have the fastest car!!!
    As i recall (not 100% sure), on some interview with sky sport Whitmarsh said that it's gonna be a new car for 2013, not an evolution.

Maybe but it doesn't make sence.Τhey will use just for one year and for '14 they have to built a complete new one!!I think that is a huge investment for just one year!!even if you consider that they already are on top with last years car!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

New ECU from 2013, TAG 310 is replaced by TAG 320.

http://www.otosaigon.com/forum/Th%C3...-m6123594.aspx

Is this going to make Renault powered teams stronger ??

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Maybe but it doesn't make sence.Τhey will use just for one year and for '14 they have to built a complete new one!!I think that is a huge investment for just one year!!even if you consider that they already are on top with last years car!!
    The only way it makes sence to me is if the 2012 car was made more towards Lewis. I mean, Button oftenly strugled with it, while Lewis was better with it (did a lot of DNF's though). Perez has a similar style to Button, and both are good at looking after the tires. Lewis on the other hand is usually more agresive with them, which made the team go for a car that's more gentle with the tires, making Lewis not burn them so rapidly. On the other hand Button suffered because of this, he's already gentle with them, which was the reason why quite oftenly he had a hard time with getting them up to temperatures. Maby now McLaren want to make a car, that would be more fitting to Button and Perez, maximizing their ability to save tires AND be fast while doing it.

They celebrate 50 years of existance in 2013 so it may be also reason for pushing hard for WCC/WDC 2013...

Looks like we have another new member in the aero team, Martin Bester. Apparently he's come from Williams and has previously worked at BMW and McLaren. Also seems that ferrari hav retained Marc Gene to continue his role as development race driver.
    http://www.auto.it/autosprint/formul...9uomo+nuovo%3F

Quote Originally Posted by medeni73 View Post
    Thats true but its also true that Maccas tunnel was pretty darn good in the past so predictions could me more accurate than Ferrari predictions in the past for example...
    They use the Toyota tunnel.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    They use the Toyota tunnel.
    My point exactly ;)