Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2449606162636465666768697071727374
Results 2,191 to 2,216 of 2216

Thread: Ferrari F138 - Development and News

The exhaust is seen below the upper A arm.

With the opportunity to test the 2014 spec tyres in practice....will not be surprised to see teams take a 2014 stance in regards to their exhaust outlets in practice like Williams to see the effect!

Quote Originally Posted by Jas View Post
    With the opportunity to test the 2014 spec tyres in practice....will not be surprised to see teams take a 2014 stance in regards to their exhaust outlets in practice like Williams to see the effect!
    Smart move by Williams, they removed their exhaust and manage to score points

Quote Originally Posted by Fer12 View Post
    The exhaust is seen below the upper A arm.
    What you are seeing is a reflection that playing your eyes a trick, which is understandable due to the low res image.
    Here is a higher resolution version of the same image: http://motorsport.nextgen-auto.com/g...errari/045.jpg

As Hornet mentioned in a few posts back, Ferrari would have to redesign the sidepods to try a Williams non-blowing exhaust, see the F2012 Barcelona exhaust update.

I know there is a 2014 regs thread so to keep it short about the exhaust: single central exit, least 170mm - 185mm behind rear axle, 350mm - 550mm above reference plane and the end of tailpipe must be pointing 5 degrees upwards.

With this in mind you see that it is impossible to test a full 2014 exhaust because the exhaust system used by the V8's is completly different. So what Williams are doing is the closest thing to a 2014 exhaust. I were hoping that Ferrari would give this a try to but I understand if they don't as Ferrari have more control over the exhaust than Williams.

Ferrari F138 - Development and News

Interlagos, São paulo, Brazil (22/11/2013)

via AMUS

via Sutton

Interlagos, São paulo, Brazil (23/11/2013)

]

Suprisingly they brought last minute updates for this weekend.
    Here is a modified flow conditioner on the vertical side pod vane (near the floor).

Brazil:

Austin:

Korea:

When I think back to our enthusiasm when the F138 was unveiled and our hopes that we could take the challenge to Red Bull, we were ecstatic that we possibly had the car to do it. What a pity that the F138 will now be remembered in a negative light after such initial promise. RIP F138 and the 056 V8.

Has anybody read what Garry Anderson (BBC) had to say about Ferrari in Brazil? He said that because there was no dry running, we coudln't test our parts and therefore we decided to use them because "new parts should do better". Whereas during other weekend we test the parts and the drivers say the don't like them so we have no real progress. Garry said that probably ou rnew parts were always a bit faster but they didn't solve the problem of balance in the car, therefore the drivers said the new parts aren't good and therefore there is a lot of confusing with the engineers.. What do you guys think?
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof_F40 View Post
    Has anybody read what Garry Anderson (BBC) had to say about Ferrari in Brazil? He said that because there was no dry running, we coudln't test our parts and therefore we decided to use them because "new parts should do better". Whereas during other weekend we test the parts and the drivers say the don't like them so we have no real progress. Garry said that probably ou rnew parts were always a bit faster but they didn't solve the problem of balance in the car, therefore the drivers said the new parts aren't good and therefore there is a lot of confusing with the engineers.. What do you guys think?
    While he might be right in this particular occasion, it doesn't mean that has always been the case. We usually run old-new parts comparison in FPs so I'm pretty sure if the engineers thought the new parts were performing even slightly better they would have had their case in the briefings as the data gathered on track doesn't lie.

Farewell F138. You had your moments but it wasn't enough.

Started off season with an ok car. Kind to the tyres and quick. But for couple reasons by midway through the year we fell back. Thankyou F138.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Farewell F138. You had your moments but it wasn't enough.
    Not a bad car...but was designed for another tyres...

Quote Originally Posted by DIEK View Post
    Not a bad car...but was designed for another tyres...
    I think that's exactly it. A great car will never be good if it doesn't use the tires optimally. Unfortunately the developments never brought it back into contention with the different tires.

Born well, died unwell.
    "The client is not always right." - Enzo Ferrari

Didn't know where to post it, but thought it would be nice to share. Stefano Domenicali said Sunday after the race that the new car will not be revealed before the 3rd week of January.

To sum up there were some good moments at the start of the season but rest is just not good enough(can't forget DRS failure, that was possibe win for Fernando). We can now close this topic. Farewell F138 Gorgeus but not quick enough, one of the best looking Ferrari's since 2009rules , unfortunately not the winning one. Do you think that next year's car will be named maybe Ferrari F616 (v6, 1.6 liter) because F166 existed already ?

Quote Originally Posted by fratelliferrari View Post
    Didn't know where to post it, but thought it would be nice to share. Stefano Domenicali said Sunday after the race that the new car will not be revealed before the 3rd week of January.
    There's this thread which I'm sure will soon pick up the pace:
    http://www.thescuderia.net/forums/sh...pment-amp-News

Dear F138 ... you were at least the most beautiful car on the grid ...
    But as in real life: beauty isn't all ... if you want to become more than the queen of the management office
    "If I was driving for Red Bull [from 2008] probably I would have more championships, but because they were dominating between 2010 and 2014 probably I would never have driven for Ferrari. I am very happy and very proud to drive for Ferrari, all my time there.

RIP the DOWNGRADE thread...started off with a great car etc etc...bring on 2014, testing will be very interesting this year, getting prepared for a lot of red flags and cars stopping on track fuel testing etc!

Quote Originally Posted by Jas View Post
    RIP the DOWNGRADE thread...started off with a great car etc etc...bring on 2014, testing will be very interesting this year, getting prepared for a lot of red flags and cars stopping on track fuel testing etc!
    You have it all in tread: 2014 Regulations.(engine/aero etc etc)

RIP F138.
    Now, please close that thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Jose-Lorca Fan View Post
    Born well, died unwell.

+1000

Goodbye F138, you did all could do, and you were beautiful while you did it...Off to the Ferrari museum.
    Got to say though, last race she looked pretty good, alas a drive thru did dun us in.