Page 12 of 74 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425263762 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferrari F138 - Development and News

I looked at the piece that ForzaJay has sent with the link for Martin Bester joining.

I also noticed a picture of Perez in his new Macca team wear sat on the wheel looks like he had just been dragged out of the stores department and told to look like an F1 driver, I do not like their team wear and does not suit him at all!

Quote Originally Posted by medeni73 View Post
    My point exactly ;)
    I thought McLaren used their own tunnel in Woking to develop the car and the Toyota tunnel just for confirmation.
    Dr Ferdinand Porsche:" Nuvolari is the greatest driver of the past, the present, and the future".
    Enzo Ferrari once drove with him and recalled even on bends "he never took his foot from the accelerator".

Quote Originally Posted by Massimo181 View Post
    I looked at the piece that ForzaJay has sent with the link for Martin Bester joining.

I also noticed a picture of Perez in his new Macca team wear sat on the wheel looks like he had just been dragged out of the stores department and told to look like an F1 driver, I do not like their team wear and does not suit him at all!
    Looks like hand me downs from Ron Dennis, which I guess were handed down to Martin Whitmarsh in the first place.

When could these two new aero guys start to work on F2013?
    Is it possible that they were involved in car design before they officially entered Ferrari?

MARTIN BESTER in.
    4 down, 3 to go! Forza Sebastian!

So then, any word on the F2013?

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    So then, any word on the F2013?
    Nothing yet, apart from the launch being early February and then shipping the cars straight to Jerez for the first test. The Wrooom media event begins today so we may hear snippets over the next few days, probably more around management/facilities than car details though.

@Rosso Corsa

When talking about restructuring of design teams for 2013 and 2014, Domenicalli said that launch date of the 2013 single seater would be revealed during the Wrooom event, so, I think that Wednesday ( the day after tomorrow ) is a good chance for Ferrari to announce the date ( it could be February 1 or 2 )

Quote Originally Posted by ForzaJay View Post
    Looks like we have another new member in the aero team, Martin Bester. Apparently he's come from Williams and has previously worked at BMW and McLaren. Also seems that ferrari hav retained Marc Gene to continue his role as development race driver.
    http://www.auto.it/autosprint/formul...9uomo+nuovo%3F
    He is a good confirmation, hopefully new employees will be more.
    Last edited by kurski; 15th January 2013 at 12:35. Reason: optional

Another bit of news, not car related but personnel. We have a new head of communications Renato Bisignani who replaces Luca Colajanni. Sounds like an interesting fellow.
    http://thejudge13.com/2013/01/14/a-p...ommunications/

Marianne Hinson (ex Sauber, old Lotus, now Caterham) joins the Scuderia Ferrari team. She will be another boost for the aero department!

Quote Originally Posted by ForzaJay View Post
    Another bit of news, not car related but personnel. We have a new head of communications Renato Bisignani who replaces Luca Colajanni. Sounds like an interesting fellow.
    http://thejudge13.com/2013/01/14/a-p...ommunications/
    Hmm...i'm gonna miss the "Cola", now that was some fierce Sicilian passion for you.
    Rumor has it Luca stepped on some wrong toes, he defended the Scuderia with his life, not easy to give up on an argument, great guy, not very political correct though, sometimes being surprisingly open on his social media accounts, in the end, that has probably cost him.
    Dr Ferdinand Porsche:" Nuvolari is the greatest driver of the past, the present, and the future".
    Enzo Ferrari once drove with him and recalled even on bends "he never took his foot from the accelerator".

Quote Originally Posted by Massimo View Post
    Hmm...i'm gonna miss the "Cola", now that was some fierce Sicilian passion for you.
    Rumor has it Luca stepped on some wrong toes, he defended the Scuderia with his life, not easy to give up on an argument, great guy, not very political correct though, sometimes being surprisingly open on his social media accounts, in the end, that has probably cost him.
    http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2013/...ple-one-meets/

In the course of the evening news broke that one of Ferrari’s biggest fans – its head of communications Luca Colajanni – is to move on from his job to take over running the company’s communication for Europe and the Middle East, which in Ferrari terms also includes India. It is a big job for Luca who is a man who, as the saying goes, you could break in half like a stick of rock and find the Ferrari Prancing Horse logo running right through him. He has been with the team since 2000 and has been head of communications for 11 years. We didn’t always agree on things and had a few interesting times during the 2007 fight between McLaren and Ferrari, when he took to referring to DT and I as “the second McLaren press office” because we dared to believe the McLaren story rather than the Ferrari version of the same events, but we got over that and a couple of years ago he was kind enough to give us the chance to promote the Ferrari California by driving one from Budapest to Maranello after the Hungarian GP. I have a lot of respect for the job he has done, for the depth of his knowledge and above all for his complete passion for Ferrari. Luca, ciao e grazie.
    The job will now be taken over by Renato Bisignani, who was previously the Business Development Manager of Ferrari, having joined the team from Renault F1 Team in March 2010, where he spent nearly five years in the commercial department.
    Forza Jules

Ferrari not writing off any rivals for 2013 F1 season
    By Jonathan Noble Wednesday, January 16th 2013, 11:41 GMT

Ferrari team principal Stefano Domenicali is not counting on the forthcoming Formula 1 title battle turning into a straight fight with Red Bull, despite both McLaren and Mercedes starting the season with new challenges.

McLaren's prospects have been dealt a blow with the departure of Lewis Hamilton, while Mercedes endured a troubled end to the 2012 campaign.

Although the situation of those two teams points to Ferrari and Red Bull having the edge in 2013, Domenicali says he will not allow his outfit to rule out any its rivals.

When asked at Ferrari's Wrooom media event at Madonna di Campiglio if he shared the view that 2013 would be a sole Red Bull and Ferrari fight, he said: "Based on paper analysis, it seems to be correct.

"But, as usual, we have to very, very careful in this field. I prefer a mental approach to considering that our opponents are as many as there were in the past season. Surprises may take place each year.

"My approach is fearing everyone and not considering anyone outside of the championship."

Ferrari will launch its new car in Maranello on February 1, with Domenicali suggesting that the car will be an evolution of the current design, albeit with a big focus having been applied to the design of the exhausts

"It is clear that with continuity in the regulations, you cannot make any incredible changes from an aesthetic point of view," he said.

"We will focus attention on trying to maximise the exhaust effect within the regulations, because that is where you can get some additional performance."

Ferrari is determined not to endure a repeat of the difficulties it faced at the start of last season, when it went in to the campaign with an uncompetitive car.

One of the factors in its difficulties was a calibration problem at its Maranello windtunnel, which has forced it to shut down the facility for a revamp and shift its efforts to the Toyota facility in Cologne.

Domenicali is confident that its on-track form will not suffer, which will be crucial because teams will have to balance work on both the 2013 car and '14 regulations over the forthcoming months.

"We have started the development of the 2013 car in the Toyota windtunnel and we will work on that tunnel this year with no need for a correlation check," he said.

"This will allow us to be more efficient and effective - and not worried by the fact that we are not in Maranello. We have seen another competitor [McLaren] develop the car in the same facility and they have done a pretty good job."

Ferrari has hired more aero personnel, Marianne Hinson ex Chief Aerodynamicist at Caterham joins the team, she's a fluid dynamics expert.

2013 car will be better - Alonso

Fernando Alonso is sure Ferrari will start the season with a stronger car than in 2012, pointing to the Toyota wind tunnel as "a small advantage".

The F2012 was well off the pace at the start of last season, with Ferrari struggling to get the exhausts working effectively and also encountering issues correlating wind tunnel results with those on the track. Alonso pointed to those early problems as the reason he lost the world championship last year but believes Ferrari is better placed this season.

"I'm confident I can start the season with a better car than the one we had in the first few months of last year,"Alonso said. "It was actually in the early races that we lost decisive points, when we had a car that was only good enough for seventh, as was the case in China or ninth in Bahrain. The fact we are working with just one wind tunnel, the Toyota one in Cologne, could be a small advantage."

Alonso added that it wasn't just the car that was likely to be stronger, but also his team-mate Felipe Massa, who he expects to be closer in 2013.

"I have always said that Felipe was one of the best drivers around and I still remember that some people smiled when I said this last year. He and I have always helped one another, day by day and I expect him to always be very close to me in terms of performance: what was not normal was the difference between us over the past two years, but now I don't think that will be the case. That will be a very positive factor for me and especially for the team."

“From an aesthetic point of view,” Domenicali said when asked about the 2013 Ferrari, “it won’t be very different from the 2012 car.”

But La Gazzetta dello Sport quoted him as saying there are “interesting developments” in the exhaust area, while Ferrari is now pushing “the boundary of the regulations” harder than before.
    http://www.f1zone.net/news/new-ferra...012-car/17396/

FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Good to hear, cannt wait too see our new exhaust layout
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    --

What an absolutely class act Alonso is.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Indeed nice words from Fernando!

In regard to the new TAG 320 Processor and ECU and any advantage Renault would have,

No, all of the teams should be about equal in this regard as all have experienced teams who do their embedded systems development and all of them will be receiving the new hardware and software development kits at the same time.. Nobody really has any noticeable advantage here, it really depends on what the teams do once they receive their shipment.
    President, Scuderia Ferrari Club of Denver - The Official Passion
    http://www.scuderiaferrari.club
    denver@scuderiaferrari.club

Quote Originally Posted by Massimo View Post
    Having been on the receiving end of one of Luca's pointed comments, even though it was very deserved, I can personally say he is nothing but integrity and Ferrari!
    President, Scuderia Ferrari Club of Denver - The Official Passion
    http://www.scuderiaferrari.club
    denver@scuderiaferrari.club

Quote Originally Posted by GrndLkNatv View Post
    Having been on the receiving end of one of Luca's pointed comments, even though it was very deserved, I can personally say he is nothing but integrity and Ferrari!
    Ha,ha, that sounds like Luca! My guess is, he was the ghost writer for Di Montezemolo, regularly letting of steam in the famous horse whisperer column.

Adrian Newey has confirmed reports that an eleventh-hour ban on their solution to the then new blown exhaust clampdown by the FIA was a serious setback to Red Bull’s 2012 preparations, and warns that the inventive spirit of F1 should not be restricted.

It emerged in recent days that, just as the reigning champions were preparing to test and debut the ultimately title-winning RB8, F1′s governing body banned Newey’s exhaust concept.

“It set us back further than we thought,” Briton Newey told Germany’s Auto Motor und Sport.

“When we looked at the new rules, we thought the effects would be less severe, especially because we thought we could compensate well.”

However, the FIA said that Red Bull could not use its proposed 2012 exhaust solution.

“So because of the lack of time we went to the first test with a conventional exhaust in the engine cowling,” said Newey. Frantic work behind the scenes then began on a so-called ‘Coanda’ solution.

He revealed that the banned 2012 solution was a sophisticated sort of rear brake duct that absorbed exhaust gases.

“There was a loophole in the rules for the area behind the rear suspension,” said designer Newey. “So you could have something that collects the gases and transports them [to] where you want them.”

The FIA quickly closed the loophole, leaving Red Bull scrambling for balance at the start of 2012.

“It was hard to find a balance, yes,” Newey confirmed. “We had understeer, oversteer, often … simultaneously.”

He says often that the FIA’s constant crusade against innovation is frustrating.

“We should be careful that the [F1] rules don’t restrict the inventive spirit. The beauty of Formula One is the struggle of man against man but also machine against machine.

“There is something for every interest. The more stringent the rules are, the faster we move towards ‘GP1′. Do we want that?

“I’m surprised how many of my colleagues at the meetings of the technical working group make the case for more restrictions. It’s as if we are letting the turkeys vote for Christmas.” (GMM)

Seems like NEWEY would have pulled another rabbit out of the hat if it wasnt for the FIA!

I have visited this forum.it is very nice and One thing about a Ferrari, it’s able to make a fast turn, and apparently that applies to the Italian automaker itself, which has delivered a surprise today, announcing that its newest supercar will be named the Ferrari F12, rather than the 620 as widely reported.
    -----------------------
    2013 MERCEDES BENZ SL-CLASS

I don't know what you mean with that justinbellaa03? The F12 Berlinetta was unveiled a couple of months ago already so I don't what you want to see with that post?

Quote Originally Posted by justinbellaa03 View Post
    I have visited this forum.it is very nice and One thing about a Ferrari, it’s able to make a fast turn, and apparently that applies to the Italian automaker itself, which has delivered a surprise today, announcing that its newest supercar will be named the Ferrari F12, rather than the 620 as widely reported.
    -----------------------
    2013 MERCEDES BENZ SL-CLASS
    I am not sure what you mean by that. F12 Berlinetta (formerly known as 620) was revealed looong time ago.

EDIT: Too slow :)

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees