Page 8 of 74 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021223358 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferrari F138 - Development and News

Tell me the last time you heard red Bull or McLaren talk about how they are working to design their race cars???

I'm not reading anything about the new Ferrari car this winter, I hope it's a good car from the start with a lot of potential throughout the season. That's it. I don't like the talk from Ferrari about the new project every season, that's why I avoid reading, when I come here I see it hasn't change for 2013. It won't make the car slower but what's the point on saying we are going to do this or that, we have very good ideas, blah, blah, blah... The car will talk by itself on the tarmac.

Everybody is trying to ask Ferrari people questions. It makes money !
    If not, we have nothing to discuss about the new car.
    Leaders have to be nice to the Press.

@Tifoso

Get my point mate, was just saying that news releases that don't really have any usefull information to anyone should be one of the reasons why Stefano should be sacked/called names. Ain't happy with this work myself, just not agreeing on this lil matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankAlfa View Post
    Tell me the last time you heard red Bull or McLaren talk about how they are working to design their race cars???
    Had numerious times i've heard some remarks about how's everything going with their designing. Like RBR saying that next years car will be an evolution of the current one. Speaking less doesn't really give you ANY advantage over your rivals. Look at McLaren. Didn't speak much, had the best car of the year, ended behind us.

@ Forzi,

Formula One is very tough and whatever edge you can gain the better. I say Ferrari should be as tight lipped as possible and "Just Design"! In any industry, you do a much better job when you are quiet and consumed by your work! Ferrari make more money by winning than whining!

Ciao,

Forza Ferrari!!!!!

@ Forzi,

Formula One is very tough and whatever edge you can gain the better. I say Ferrari should be as tight lipped as possible and "Just Design"! In any industry, you do a much better job when you are quiet and consumed by your work! Ferrari make more money by winning than whining!

Ciao,

Forza Ferrari!!!!!
    Still aint a reason to be so angry of Stefano and fire him with this being one of the reasons

Mate, let's just drop this. Can't say i got much time to argue over a lil thing like this. I don't see anything bad about these kind of news reports, you disagree. Let's agree to disagree.

@ Forzi,

Agreed. Lets move on. Have a Happy New Year!

Ciao,

Forza Ferrari!!!!

@ Forzi,

I stand by my opinion of Domenicali! Have you ever heard the saying "Loose Lips Sink Ships"??? For the Ferrari team, the less they say the better! There is just no reason to tell anyone what they are doing! In the Ross Brawn days, very little ever leaked out about the Ferrari Team! This guy has a problem keeping his mouth shut! Why is he even talking at all??? He should be in the factory watching what's going on and being involved with the work needed to start winning again. There is to much work to be done for him to be spouting off like he is!

They should fire the press team aswell then who authorise such things to be spread onto the web :) Your going a bit over the top imo, they have not gave anything away at all...everyone is designing their 2014 cars, everyone will reveil their cars come jan/feb?!?! problem...nahhh

Ciao,

Forza Ferrari!!!!

They should fire the press team aswell then who authorise such things to be spread onto the web :) Your going a bit over the top imo, they have not gave anything away at all...everyone is designing their 2014 cars, everyone will reveil their cars come jan/feb?!?! problem...nahhh

Your point taken. Time will tell. I will repeat again : "Loose Lips, Sink Ships"! That's all I have to say.

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!

Unless I missed something, all that Domenicali was talking about was how Ferrari would be organized internally to tackle two different projects, there aren't any secrets about parts or concepts, so it's not really much info that competitors can use.... most of the good teams will already be splitting into two groups....
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Maybe everyone wants Ferrari to do much better. But they have to answer what they asked, Ferrari is focused by the press. No team is focused more than Ferrari, that's the reason we have more technical knowledge from Ferrari's cars.

We have to accept that RB has better personnels in design and simulation section, they benefit more by current test and development rule.
    It takes time to catch them up.

Sanchez and Bigois are working on a new DRS:

Quote Originally Posted by La Gazzetta
    Accessories and wings takes shape the new Ferrari
    Ready mechanical details of 664 Bigois and Sanchez study the new DRS

After the crash test of the first shell, work continues on the preparation of the mechanical parts of the project 664, code behind which lurks a Ferrari on the track that will drop from 5 February at Jerez for the first winter testing session. A job in material, shape, weight and size of attachments (eg radiators): in practice all that hidden under the forms of the body. But he works hard also in the aerodynamic side, a sector that has been strengthened not only by Loic Bigois (formerly Mercedes) also by David Sanchez (former McLaren), who join Ben Agathangelou (formerly Red Bull). Both Bigois and Sanchez have considerable experience in developing mobile rear wing (DRS), which he told me in the pre Christmas dinner Stefano Domenicali next year will have even greater importance as you will be unable to use more freely in practice and qualifying. The objective course and increase the speed of the tip that has also beneficial effects on the engine power (increases the airflow and consequently the overpressure supply).

The aerodynamic shape you are trying in the wind tunnel that Toyota has the industrial suburbs of Cologne, where Ferrari will be forced to work at least until September, that will not be completed until the restructuring of that of Maranello already late even for the car of 2014 (the first of the new era turbo). The project to create a completely new tunnel from flank to Renzo Piano and instead gone for a long time because of excessive costs, they speak of 70 million euro.

Source: http://i48.tinypic.com/k4wk1e.png
    To get a rough idea of how much laptime we need to find, Mercedes believe the RB9 will be 1 second faster than the RB8, which for them in addition to the considerable progress they've made, they still need to find another 1.5 seconds (in other words they probably won't be fighting for the championship). I'm convinced the changes we make to the radiators and internal aerodynamics, in addition to the evolution of our wings, suspension, exhaust and diffuser, will put us close to Red Bull, if not ahead.

Out of curiousity, does this car have a name, yet? If not, are there any suggestions?

Here's mine:

SFida13

SF= Scuderia Ferrari, sfida = challenge, 13 = 2013
    Last edited by sagi58; 30th December 2012 at 14:31.

@Jose Lorca,
    Why are you convinced?
    Dr Ferdinand Porsche:" Nuvolari is the greatest driver of the past, the present, and the future".
    Enzo Ferrari once drove with him and recalled even on bends "he never took his foot from the accelerator".

RB9 will be 1 second faster than the RB8

We need to nail the 2013 machine...
    if the cows can extract a second in 2 months..
    then why can't we..after all we are FERRARI..

Forza Ferrari..

No body knows for sure. Plus its still only December, can say ALL teams will be quicker next year. We will not really know till race day in melbourne.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Talking from my experience of past few years, don’t believe any of these speculations. How fast RB9, F2013 or MP4-28 will be, only Australian GP would tell, not even winter testing.

The less any other team knows about our developments, the better, but there are spies everywhere so it would be impossible to keep any secrets for long. Just let the development take it course and then we shouldn't be too disappointed if it's not a winner from day one, we all want that but sometimes we get carried away with our expectations and doom and gloom sets in after the first race. Leave the professionals to do their job, at least until testing starts, we all want the same result and we know we can achieve it.

1 second is a lot! But I have faith we can get more out of our car because our wasn't as perfect as Red Bulls car last year and after all we are FERRARI, we can do this as a team!

Now that Ferrari have announced that they will be splitting the design department in to two teams working on the F2013 and F2014, by deffinition, neither team will be as good as it could be. Or, one team will be much superior to the other. But, neither will be as good as it could, or needs to be.

@ Nick,

How can you say such things???? Maybe "to many Cooks spoil the broth". The can certainly have more freedom with each team working in different ways and with different ideas. Maybe this is a means to get more out of the team and get much more ideas on the table.
    Creativity is resticted when you are kept in a box!

Ciao,

Forza Ferrari!!!!

Im wondering if we will see any of the lotus DRS device...eg passive systems which will open up at a certain speed?!?! this is allegal apparently!

We will win.

That is all.

Forza Ferrari.

Just a little update on Mercades: apparently have developed a "tiny" gearbox so the engine cover etc is tight....similar to what we did two years ago in the development of a smaller gearbox i think! Now mercades didnt have great reliability this year...is it really wise to be experimenting with such major components or are they looking ahead to 2014 hmm!

It wouldn't surpris me if Mercedes take 2013 as a ''lost year'' because the rules don't change a lot and the car wasn't good at all. They would have to do a lot about the car because it had not only reliabilty issues but also the speed wasn't there at all! I think they are already looking to 2014 now and will be going to develop that car very soon in 2013 I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Nick View Post
    Now that Ferrari have announced that they will be splitting the design department in to two teams working on the F2013 and F2014, by deffinition, neither team will be as good as it could be. Or, one team will be much superior to the other. But, neither will be as good as it could, or needs to be.
    I take your point, Nick, but 2014 is going to be a totally new challenge compared to the relatively small changes allowed for 2013, so maybe this isn't such a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Nick View Post

Worked pretty well in the Schumi years

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

@ Tifoso,

Exactly my point!

Ciao,

Forza Ferrari!!!!

A little bit of topic.
    Can anyone list new people and their role that Ferrari hired in the last 1 or 2 years.
    Thanks and happy new year.