Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vettel attacks other teams "Dirty tricks"

Vettel attacks other teams "Dirty tricks"

Sebastian Vettel has claimed Red Bull had to contend with "dirty tricks" during the course of the 2012 season as they battled for their third consecutive championship double.

The German driver ultimately clinched his third successive Drivers' title from Fernando Alonso by a mere three points after enduring a roller-coaster of a Brazilian GP on Sunday in which more than once the title appeared to have slipped out of his grasp.

After the race a clearly relieved Vettel told Sky Sports F1 that "on track, off track, I think for me it was the toughest season" and later in further TV interviews he appeared to elaborate on those thoughts still further.

"A lot of people tried to play dirty tricks but we did not get distracted by that and kept going our way and all the guys gave a big push right to the end," he told TV reporters.

Although the 25-year-old didn't specify either what or whom he had been unhappy with, in a later interview with journalists he suggested unspecified "people" resorted to tactics Red Bull would never contemplate themselves.

"We remained ourselves throughout the whole year, even though people did some things that we would never consider to do, trying to achieve our targets," he told journalists.

"But it's not in our hands, and it's not our job to rate and to comment so much. We have to make sure we do our own homework."

Initial speculation suggested Vettel's ire may have been directed at the strong rumours earlier in the season that he had agreed to join Ferrari for 2014, or the Italian team's decision to deliberately invoke a gearbox penalty on Felipe Massa's car at the penultimate round in Austin to aid Fernando Alonso's title bid.

Red Bull were also at the centre of several technical controversies earlier in the season in which clarifications of regulations forced them to change aspects of their cars on more than one occasion.

But asked directly by journalists what exactly he had been referring to, Vettel insisted he wouldn't be getting into a deeper discussion, as Red Bull had tried to ignore any form of attempted destabilisation all season.

"Sorry, but I think I mentioned everything I have to mention," the 25-year-old replied.

"I think it's clear but it's not for us to rate. I said as well in the same sentence, but obviously you don't pass it on, as usual, it's not for us to rate or comment on that, because it's not our decision, it's not in our hands.

"We have to focus on what we have, what is in our hands and getting excited about what others are doing - what's the point?

Source: http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/...the-2012-title

What a complete disgrace Vettel is, only thing worse than a bad loser is a bad winner. For me it's a sign he needs to convince himself he deserved the title, I mean how many people do you see win then feel the need to attack the second place finisher?

I would respect him more if he at least had the guts to explain exactly what he is referring to, rather than making these sly digs at other teams, then backtracking and being a coward.

Somehow RB is beginning to remind me of a cult because they all behave like cult members: never defend, always attack. This is getting creepy

Totally agreed...thats why i hate him the most...and Respect Fernando and Lewis the most...
    AKROCKS

I don't think Red Bull or Vettel is in any position to judge others considering the run-in they had with the rules this season alone.

That boy needs to take a lesson from Kimi when it comes to post Championship interviews...

"Luna faccia schiaffo testa"

well that's rich from vettel who's from team Red 'we don't follow the rules, we make them' Bull
    not gonna change my profile picture

Not doing himself any favours here....

LOL, sour grapes :)
    http://www.thescuderia.net/forums/signaturepics/sigpic3536_1.gif

Yeah, because him taking his teammates car parts, because he broke his, even though Webber was still fighting for the championship wasn't dirty. I seem to remember Webber allowing him past at one point yesterday and also having another team as back up to let you past too, totally not dirty...
    Last edited by Sianellen; 26th November 2012 at 14:53.

Quote Originally Posted by Sianellen View Post
    Yeah, because him taking his teammates car parts, because he broke his, even though Webber was still fighting for the championship wasn't dirty. I seem to remember Webber allowing him past at one point yesterday and also having another team as back up to let you past too, totally not dirty...
    Who are you talking about now. This could as well be used on our own team. Vettel won. live with it. No point at blaming others for our misfortune.

Quote Originally Posted by EL_NANDO View Post
    What a complete disgrace Vettel is, only thing worse than a bad loser is a bad winner. For me it's a sign he needs to convince himself he deserved the title, I mean how many people do you see win then feel the need to attack the second place finisher?

I would respect him more if he at least had the guts to explain exactly what he is referring to, rather than making these sly digs at other teams, then backtracking and being a coward.
    You're right about him being a bad loser - I remember back to Monza 2011 when Martin Brundle said this in this post-race blog:

Quote Originally Posted by Brundle
    Alonso's apologies weren't enough because post-race Vettel officially asked the stewards to look into the incident.
    Surely when you've just won a race (or in yesterdays case, the championship), it shouldn't really matter what happened earlier. I hope whatever pre-contract/agreement we have with Vettel is not taken up. He's too immature and will cause too many problems when Alonso gives him a beating.

Quote Originally Posted by justjesper View Post
    Who are you talking about now. This could as well be used on our own team. Vettel won. live with it. No point at blaming others for our misfortune.
    I'm not complaining about him winning and I'm not blaming anyone for the fact we lost. I don't see where you got that idea from what I said. I was merely pointing out his hypocrisy in him attacking other teams for "dirty tactics"

I wasn't addressing anyone with my post except Vettel.

The subject is Vettel badmouthing others, not Ferrari fans being angry at Vettel for winning. Read the post and its context before making comments that follow other assumptions

I don't feel guilty and I'm sure Ferrari doesn't feel guilty.
    I'm sure Vettel is talking about people saying they cheated all the time and trying to stop them in that way.
    But it all comes down to, who won . If Alonso had won, most here wouldn't care at all.

I'm sure Vettel is talking about people saying they cheated all the time and trying to stop them in that way.
    But it all comes down to, who won . If Alonso had won, most here wouldn't care at all.
    Red Bull have done much more dubious things than anyone else though...

What has that got to do with Vettel badmouthing people?

Fast, but classless.

Not Ferrari material.
    Addio Signor Enzo. Ciao Gilles.

Just because Vettel won the title doesn't mean everyone must agree with all the BS he spew out.

Who was the team who had run in with the rules? Not Ferrari for sure. We were not penalize for anything this season.

A hypocrite is still a hypocrite, winning the WDC title doesn't exempt one from it. So the next time before you make any sweeping statements, you might want to address the actual topic in hand first.

Yeah, but you don't usually expect sour grapes from the winner!

Vettel attacks other teams "Dirty tricks"

If you read the article with Christian Horner, where he reflects on what Sebastian said, it appears he's talking about what has happened with the complaints against their car itself and also what happened in the stewards office in Japan. Not against the gearbox seal or switching cars around. That would indeed be hypocritical.

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    If you read the article with Christian Horner, where he reflects on what Sebastian said, it appears he's talking about what has happened with the complaints against their car itself and also what happened in the stewards office in Japan. Not against the gearbox seal or switching cars around. That would indeed be hypocritical.
    So teams wanting the rules enforced and or clarified is dirty tricks? What happened in the stewards office in Japan?

Don't play dumb with me. I'm better at it than you are.

Quote Originally Posted by REDARMYSOJA View Post
    So teams wanting the rules enforced and or clarified is dirty tricks? What happened in the stewards office in Japan?
    All I'm saying is that his comments most likely don't relate to what everyone in this thread believes they relate to - i.e. gearbox, switching places etc

I look at it this way; None of these drivers are Scholars nor are any of them an intellectual brain of any sort! I take what they say and laugh! They have a trained skill of driving a race car but nothing much else. They are not Super Brains! They are all just regular people. There is nothing "Specal" of "Better" about them then anyone else. Yes, respect their skills as a driver but little else.

Vettel is still a young, immature, young man and not much else. He will continue to have fits of childish behavior because he is still a very immature. One only needs to look at Alonso, Hamilton, Webber, Button, Massa, Kimi, or any of the more mature race car drivers this year and you see a big difference compared to Vettel's behavior. In time he will become more mature. Right now he is at his peak as a driver, but often rattled by the car when it is not perfect and is childish & immature as a person. His skills are sharp but his brain and social ability are not!

Ciao,

Forza Ferrari!!!!

He's just trying to make his achievement looks like a bigger feat. The truth is there's been nothing really controversial for the first time in many years. He didn't like some decisions? That's fine but it's not been Vettel vs. the rest of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Italian Spirit View Post
    Fast, but classless.

Not Ferrari material.
    People said that about Alonso. Now look.

coming from the boy wonder who crys when he doesnt get what he wants...what will happen when hermert leaves...ohhh, thats it equality! keep shut vettel and enjoy your WDC with your fastest car :)

Why doesn't he just shut up and disappear until next March, hopefully he won't be using his finger as often, champion by default he may be, but not in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    People said that about Alonso. Now look.
    I'm prepare to see Vettel in Ferrari someday, it does look like it will eventually happen. Maybe then Ferrari will put some class in him.

But as of now, such comment is certainly not the kind of things we want to hear coming from a Ferrari driver. When Ferrari win, I don't think we'll take the opportunity to make negative remarks about others.

Thumbs down Maybe...Hide comment movable nose from latest race

Quote Originally Posted by Grillo View Post
    He's just trying to make his achievement looks like a bigger feat.
    Nothing more to Say
    ::Richred:: signed in red!

Vettel is a unique person: he has three titles but he is no champion.....how sad.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse